Rise of the Children of the Night - Vampire Support Revamped (11/11)

Dragulas

Since vampires are suposed to be a control deck i tried to enhance that aspect this time (and the consistency). Some of them were posted in singles before i finished the remake of the support

[spoiler=Monsters]Since uni-zombie exists this is not necessary to run, but still another option to the Synchros nevertheless

BwFlNWX.jpg

During either player's Main Phase, if this card is Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Vampire" monster from your hand or Graveyard, but its effects are negated, and if you do, you can make this card's Level become the same as that monster's. Immediately after this effect resolves, you can Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using that monster and this card only. You only use this effect of "Vampire Wyvern" once per turn.
wBwJpIP.jpg

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Vampire" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was sent there this turn: You can target 1 of your banished "Vampire" cards; either return it to the Graveyard or add it to your hand. You can only use 1 "Vampire Reaper" effect. per turn, and only once that turn.

ioIdgeT.jpg

If a card(s) is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard, while this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, it is treated as a Tuner monster while face-up on the field, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Vampire Knight" effect per turn, and only once that turn. Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a DARK monster.

[spoiler=Spells]Their own pantheism

sGoyU9l.jpg

(This card is always treated as a "Vampire" card.)
Banish 1 "Vampire" card from your hand; draw 2 cards, then you can send 1 "Vampire" card with a different name than the banished card from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; reveal 2 "Vampire" Cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly picks 1 for you to add to your hand, and you shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only use 1 "Symphony of the Night" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

qdsrKgg.jpg

If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 "Vampire" monster from your Deck. If your opponent controls a monster(s) that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can also Special Summon 1 "Vampire" monster with a different name from your Graveyard, but if you do both, their effects are negated, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Vampire" monsters. You can only activate 1 "Vampire Assault" per turn.

A new field spell adjusted to the current game, i didnt know a good name for the card, but its not important anyways, the last effect is worded like towers so it wont trigger cards like shaddolls, and if they dont have another choice it can force them to send cards like towers too.

rUnYo0y.jpg

(This card's name is always treated as "Vampire Kingdom".)
DARK Zombie-Type monsters gain 500 ATK. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Vampire" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If a card(s) is sent from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: You can send 1 "Vampire card from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, then declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); make your opponent send 1 card of that type from their hand or their side of the field to the Graveyard (their choice). You can only use this effect of "Castlevania" once per turn.

[spoiler=Traps]Their own swallow style/Virus

Na4G2gp.jpg

Tribute 1 DARK Zombie-Type monster, then declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their hand and field to the Graveyard (if any), then if you Tributed a "Vampire" monster, your opponent sends all cards with the same as the card(s) sent by this effect from their Deck to the Graveyard. During either player's Main Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; activate 1 "Vampire Kingdom" from your hand or directly from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Vampire Pandemic Swarm" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]Crimson Knight's twin brother

m45QsSU.jpg

2 Level 5 "Vampire" monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; your opponent sends all cards with that name from their hand and Main/Extra Deck to the Graveyard. You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; your opponent chooses 1 monster they control and gives control of it to you, but only that monster can attack for the rest of this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use 1 "Gold Knight Vampire Vlad" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

noXdNOh.jpg

3 Level 6 DARK monsters
Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Vampire Nobleman" by using a "Vampire" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material, other than "Vampire Nobleman". (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) While this card has Xyz Material, any card sent from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard is banished instead. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); that type of card (if Spell or Trap) cannot be activated, or (if Monster) cannot activate its effects, until the end of this turn, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. You can only use this effect of "Vampire Nobleman" once per turn.

XnFEKx3.jpg

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If a card(s) is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard: You can target 1 card on the field; send 1 "Vampire" card from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, destroy it. If this Synchro Summoned card leaves the field because of a card effect: You can target 1 Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard or 1 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of "Vampire Overlord" once per turn.

Their power play and boss monster

6bmXcgp.jpg

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-monsters
This card becomes Zombie-Type while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is Synchro Summoned using a "Vampire" monster as a Material: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type each from their Deck, hand, and field (if any). During either player's turn, when a card or effect that targets a card(s) in the Graveyard is activated, OR when a card effect is activated in the Graveyard: You can negate the activation. You can only use each effect of "Crimson Night Vampire Dragon" once per turn.  

This makes Vampires very aggressive I like it, I can't comment on every part I like about it ATM. I remember seeing the Synchro for them before in another thread and really liked it; but, seeing all this additional support for it and it giving them much needed consistency brings me a sadistic deck thinning smile. Will be back later to fully comment on the support

Alright I'm back for the full comments.

1. Vampire Wyvern. Good card brings out your Synchro very fast. But he also brings out other synchros and gives you some fun, ID combo him with Omega for shenanigans.

2. Vampire Reaper. Provides some consistency to getting combo pieces back like Shadow or Duke, and it lets you recycle Sorcerers or other banished Vamp cards.

3. Vampire Knight. He gives the deck the ability to play into your xyz or Synchro especially when your deck does its job. I do like that you gave him the banish effect and limited him to dark xyz like the other Vampires.

4. Symphony of the Night. You gave us a balanced Pantheism for Vampires and I like it. This card is a play making power house for setting your board up.

5. Vampire Assault. You gave them Onslaught and they needed it badly. I see this being able to make some otk plays being that you can set up to clear out an oppentents board with all your new support.

6. Castlevania. Extra normal summon, adds to maintaining board presence, synergy up the *** I'd say job well done.

7. Bat Swarm seems to be overwhelming the first effects are fine it's like an Icarus Attack. But the graveyard effect makes this card dangerous, you basically set up the whole field for yourself and I see Reaper being able to loop it because he'd be the last to be summoned additionally this is a better version of Vampire Takeover but the nature of this card seems like your setting up for otks all day.

8. Vlad. His first effect seems more relevant than the second. Being able to force dump all monsters is powerful, you could remove problamtic hand traps or major combo pieces. However having that secondary effect is reminiscent of the Vampire xyz Bram.

9. Nobleman. He's macro and shock master in one card (sort of). As long as you can make the other Vampire Xyz you can make this guy and just lock your opponent out of whatever you want. Overall I think he may need to be alighlty tweeked

10. Overload is Kindom in a nutshell and gives you a soft reset if he leaves the field the first time.

11. This is the much needed Synchro monster that would make the deck way more aggressive, he'd kill rogue decks and leave your opponent in a bad place if you have either field Spell up.

Overall this deck is very aggressive, not sure if you were looking to focus on beat down style or mill tactic but you captured the Vampire play style for sure. Swarm and Nobleman seem to be the only mildly unbalanced cards. Also you only have 11 cards not 12

Overall this deck is very aggressive, not sure if you were looking to focus on beat down style or mill tactic but you captured the Vampire play style for sure. Swarm and Nobleman seem to be the only mildly unbalanced cards. Also you only have 11 cards not 12

Didnt realize about the 12 cards, there was originally a fusion vampire (Instant fusion target) but decided to erase it (it didnt make it to the final post), 

Little changes to swarm and nobleman and Vlad: 

• You re right the grave effect is not only too powerfull, but even worse its actually the full effect of takeover, so it no longer special summons a monster and it only banishes in main phase, other wise i would be able to activate that effect at attack declaration Lol.
  • As for nobleman the shock effect only works for the turn is activated it doesnt lock the opponent on their turn, but it still has OTK writen all over the card so i added a no damage clause too to avoid that.
  • The xyz material cost was reversed, since the dumping effect is more relevant (and more degenerate) it now takes the 2 material effect, a player shouldnt be able to do it twice.

Minor changes to

Nobleman: Added a cyber dragon infinity clause to its alternative Xyz Summon to avoid multiple of them on the same turn

Gold Knight: it now only target cards face-up on the field, so cards in the graveyard can stay there without worrying the opponent (combo cards in deck are safe now)

Okay, in case there are any complaints: I did not bother to look over the past CnCs for this archetype. Sorry for any repetitions if it is there.

Vampire Wyvern: Very useful, considering it isn't affected by the whole Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuners if you Synchro Summon with his effect. However, as it requires a Vampire in the Graveyard to activate and resolve its effects, this card wouldn't be very useful till the late-game. Maybe focus on something for he archetype to get Vampire cards early into the Graveyard first.

Reaper: Really useful for getting the Vampires to your hand and maintaining hand size. However, as stated above with Wyvern, this card requires Vampires to die first before his effect can even be used. Only the Fiend Spell you made kind of has this effect, except it can only be used when another card is sent from your opponent's Deck to their Graveyard.

Knight: Same as the first 2 as he can only be Special Summoned when a card is sent from the opponent's deck to Grave. However, once he's on the field, he can start generating the combos by sending your vampires to the graveyard.

Symphony: Since you already admitted that it was this archetype's own Pantheism, then i don't need to make further comments on that. Obviously useful in getting to the other cards that you want.

Assault: Pretty much Shaddoll Fusion, except with Synchros and that other Special Summons cannot be performed. Once you get more Vampires into the grave, this card can be a life-saving out in case you're forced into a tight spot.

Castlevania: Increases the speed for Synchro Summons with the additional Normal/Set. Again, something has to start milling your opponent's deck before their effects could trigger. However, when triggered, it provides a huge advantage for the deck.

Bat Swarm: This card should have included the sending 1 card from deck to graveyard effect with the other ones, since this deck lacks a card to get the engine flowing. Not only that, it can fetch the field spell from your deck if needed. 

Vlad: Really useful and powerful, as he has his own No.11 Big Eye effect. His second effect is pretty much a chain destruction except not limited to the 2000 Atk or more limitation. 

Nobleman: An Xyz Evolution card for vampires. Built-in Shock Master effect, except it prevents your opponent from taking damage during the turn you use it. This can be helpful when you start setting your field up for other Extra Deck cards like this.

Overlord: Built-in Foolish Burial effect is incredibly needed in this Archetype. It's a shame that only this card has the built-in engine. This deck needs  card that can push for sending vampires to the Graveyard.

Crimson Night: pretty much a Trishula that aims to send to grave compared to banishing. Locking down the graveyard can also be deadly against certain archetypes.

Overall, the cards were not bad in any means. Just need to fix some grammar here and there, and maybe add a Vampire card that allows you to drop a vampire from your deck to the grave to make this more viable.

Overall, the cards were not bad in any means. Just need to fix some grammar here and there, and maybe add a Vampire card that allows you to drop a vampire from your deck to the grave to make this more viable.

Dumping vampires to the grave is up to (at the start of a game) uni zombie and symphony of the night, it sends after the draw. 

I ll see what i can do about bat swarm, but i still let vampire sorcerer be their main searcher (wich is a problem i couldnt solve, except by making another power creeped searcher), since synphny adds at random i didnt coun it

Bat swarm edited: New name and buffed to reach the deck (if used only with vampires)

Vampire Knight edited: it now can SS itself if the owner sends from their deck too to make it faster

Edited Crimson Night Dragon's materials:

Formely required a vampire non tuner.

Now it just requires a dark tuner and any non tuners, but the pseudo trish effect still remains exclusive to the archetype.

So it can be use in other decks as a dweller on steriods

Archived