[Season 4] YCM SotW #20 - Community Render

Catman25

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one best

SOTW 20 - Community Render

[spoiler=]_render__by_xxsaelyaxx-d8wj85y.png

Voting ends Feb 26th 11:59 EST

Most votes wins

Comments are appreciated, you however, don't need to be versed in graphics to vote

-------

TIgwTDM.png

NatsuMatsuri_zpsr9ed1lwe.png

w1zG4a4.png

pVBoUdM.png

4WFWdWB.png

-------

[spoiler=]pvgpRBz.png

SOTW #20

theme: Community Render

[spoiler=]_render__by_xxsaelyaxx-d8wj85y.png

deadline: Tues, the 23rd at 11:59 PM | EST

if you need more time let me know

rules

Your piece must in some way use the above render

don't rip

don't lose

participate or be banned

please banter in the discussion thread

rewards

spot in hall of fame 

winner picks next theme

Damn, I'm really impressed with you kids on this one, everyone pulled weight here. 

Really good example of the wide array that tagging brings forth in its tiny subsection of graphic design, and art in general. Which, if you think about it should be what the SOTW is about, showcasing the artists that comprise the collective and how the interactions between us influence new ideas and bolster creativity. 

#1 is a great example of how using the render itself to create a background creates cohesion within the piece. The colors and the patterns on the render make for a really good BG that embraces the focal well. Only knock I can really give is that the lighting is lazy, most would say the emptiness is as well, but I think the slight choices are enough in that regard. It's also saturated as funk, but that's pretty much how I like my sheet so I'm cool with it.

#2 demonstrates how well fractals work around lighting fixtures, the two coupled give the piece a good dynamic feel. Random c4d spam is a massive knock though, the side effect of influence being that it also promotes bad sheet. 

#3, always nice to see that concept, the only problem with it being that it's very limiting.  

#4 is just rude as funk.

#5 I actually think this one could be nuts, as is it's not enough to warrant a finished piece. 

#4 is the best, but I'm gonna give it to #1 because in a prompt where you need to use a set render, #1 uses the render phenomenally.

Where #1 exemplifies the render, #4 obscures it. Both great pieces though, like I said this one was a great showing. 

It was between 1 and 4 for me. I really liked what was being done with 1, but the background behind the girl looks really ugly, the sun thing looks bad, and the girl's face is way too sharpened.

Really like the vibes from number 4, although the giant robot's face is distracting.

Nice variety of tags. Went for #1, agreeing with what Night said. It capitalises on the render well. Just a really cohesive, well thought out piece.

5 has tons of potential. Could easily be amazing with a bit more polish. The others offer really interesting concepts too.

Archived