Scaliwags! A Pirate Archetype!(yeah I know its spelled Scalawag >.>)

Goddessbri

H6j68Yl.jpg

Target one level 4 or lower banished "Scaliwag" monster, add it to your hand.If this card is banished: Target one WATER-Attribute monster you control, It gains 500 ATK and DEF.

UH6e58N.jpg

When this card is activated, lower the ATK and DEF off all monsters your opponent controls by 100 for each banished "Scaliwag" monster.If this card is banished: Reduce the ATK and DEf of all monsters you opponent controls by 300.

eacoyTV.jpg

Once per turn: You can deal 200 points of damage to your opponent for each Banished "Scaliwag" monster. You can only use this effect of "Mount The Canons!" once per turn. If this card is banished: Deal 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

F0ZOEV6.jpg

Target one monster on the field whose original Level/Rank is less than or equal to the number of banished "Scaliwag" monsters, banish it. If this card is banished: You can send one banished "Scaliwag" monster to your grave, add this card to your hand.

HzLKoy7.jpg

This card cannot declare an attack unless you, banish the top card of your deck. If this card is banished, Deal 400 damage to your opponent. This effect of "Scaliwag buccaneer" can only be used Once per turn.

tT1iShE.jpg

If you control a "Seven Seas Conquerer" or 3 "Scaliwag" monsters with different names, You can special summon this card. While this card is on the field all "Scaliwag" monsters gain 200 attack and defense points depending on their level/rank. If this card is banished: Special summon one "Scaliwag Cabonboy" token (Warrior-Type/Water/ ATK 1200/ DEF 1000). (I know PSCT may be weird here)

YyDa43B.jpg

Once per turn: You can banish the top card of your deck, target one monster your opponent controls, It cannot declare an attack while this card is on the field. This effect can only be used once while this card is face up. If this card is banished: Target one monster your opponent controls, return it to the hand. (his effect is basically using his gun to disarm the target)

2ihgXhP.jpg

If this card is banished you can: Select one card in your opponent's graveyard, Add it to your hand. If a "Scaliwag" monster is banished while this card is in your banished zone: Special summon )this card. (she is the beauty that keeps on coming back)

yMBcaQ4.jpg

Once per turn: You can detach one material from this card, Banish the top card of your deck, then Draw 1 card. If this Card is Destroyed and would be sent to the graveyard, Banish it instead. (Not so sure about her effect but I would like XYZ options in this deck that is significant to the archetype's style.)

nv3QTwC.jpg

When this card is Synchro Summoned: Send the top 3 cards of both plays decks to the graveyard and banish any level 4 or lower monsters sent to the grave this way. Once per turn: You can target a Water-Attribute monster you control, It can attack your opponent directly this turn. If this card would be sent to the graveyard, banish it instead. (he navigates the selected monster to your opponent's life points duh=p)

tUMj747.jpg

If this card is banished: return it to the deck.This card gains different effects depending on the number of "Scaliwag" monsters in your graveyard.

-1 or more: This card cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no damage from battles involving this card.

-3 or more: This card is unaffected by other monster effects.

-5 or more: This card can attack directly For each "Scaliwag" monster in your graveyard, But is destroyed at the end of the battle phase.

Fdz4FD6.jpg

While you control a "Scaliwag" Monster, this card is unaffected by other card effects. Once per turn, during your Main Phase you can: Banish 1 "Scaliwag" monster from your deck or graveyard. If this card is banished: Add one "Scaliwag" monster from your deck to your hand.

AND WHAT DO THE MIGHTIEST OF PIRATE SHIPS FEAR

yU6KDxZ.jpg

If you control a "Seven Seas Conqueror" you can banish that card, Special summon this card. This card gains 1000 ATTk and Def for each card banished by the effect of "Seven Seas Conqueror". This Summon cannot be negated. The Turn this card is summoned your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. If this card is sent to the graveyard, Skip your next Draw Phase. You cannot Special Summon WATER-Attribute monsters while this card is on the field.

Please give me any advice and tell me how you guys like the deck.

Also thinking I should make the banish effects optional and I know the punctuation needs to be ":" not ","

Some small mistake about writing... But it's ok.

I like this Deck with its playing style by banishing stuff :). Opp can't do anything with our banishment zone :D.

But there is one poin i don't understand, can you explain it 4 me?

-5 or more: This card can attack directly For each "Scaliwag" monster in your graveyard, But is destroyed at the end of the battle phase.

(It's the effect of Sea Goddness Calypso.

• 2 weeks later...

Some small mistake about writing... But it's ok.

I like this Deck with its playing style by banishing stuff :). Opp can't do anything with our banishment zone :D.

But there is one poin i don't understand, can you explain it 4 me?

(It's the effect of Sea Goddness Calypso.

Oh I didnt update her. The original idea was for milling to grave then I switched to Banishing, so yeah I meant for each banished monster, unless she can be a semi-nom monster and can only be special summoned by sending a certain number of banished Scaliwag monsters to the grave. I was watching the Pirates of the Carribean and just kinda threw her in there lol

Battle Position Buckos! (Would be 'Battle Positions, Buckos!'):

A decent support spell with another trick to display if it ends up being banished from your deck. It's not bad at all.

Mis-Fortune:

A properly powerful Trap in the Scaliwags' toolkit, however at this point unless you run high numbers of every Scaliwag, it's not gonna have too big an effect. Once you get some more monsters in the archetype, Mis-Fortune will be properly strong.

Mount the Cannons:

Now this one is strong. The Scaliwags already banish eachother constantly, and this takes big advantage of that fact. If you ever were to run Scaliwags, this one is clearly a must-have.

Off the Plank with Ye!:

Okay, so this one I might see a little problem in. Sure, it's a strong effect, but it's not that easy to just dump Scaliwags in the Banished zone, so it's not just basically a 'Banish whenever'. The problem here is how easy it is to just get ready again. And if you've got multiple copies and enough banished Scaliwags, you can shut down most fields in a heartbeat. Maybe add a "you can't re-add this card to your hand the turn it goes to the grave" would fix it.

Scaliwag Buccaneer:

It's a decent beatstick and a decent way to banish your cards, and a decent effect as well if it's banished. It's nothing special.

Scaliwag Captain:

If there was more Scaliwags available, Captain would be an absolute must-have. It's summoning condition would be easily overcome, and would turn your decently strong Scaliwags into credible threats unless your opponent has something to counter. Unfortunately, there's just not enough Scaliwags to justify having Captain being there yet.

Scaliwag Corsair:

Now this is good. Both a decent effect and a great effect when banished rolled into one package? Sign me up!

Scaliwag Dame:

It's effect when banished is actually rather poor, to be honest. I'd much rather be able to use my own cards which I know are useful to me than use my opponent's, which I can't control what are. However, the other effect is worth it. With all the banishing you'll be doing, it's easy to get Dame on the field and make a quick Level 7 Synchro. If the Scaliwags got some more Synchros, I can see them being not too bad at making 'em.

Scaliwag Lieutenant:

A Rank 3 in a deck that has only one Level 3? Although not a poor effect, in the archetype's current state it's just not viable in your Extra Deck.

Scaliwag Navigator:

Would be great if you didn't currently have access to any non-Tuner level 3 monster in the archetype at all. It's a really great effect that both aids you and gives your opponent grief, but it's also a decent beatstick too, and can even allow a Water-monster you control to attack directly. If you could get it out, Navigator would be the best card you have.

Sea Goddess Calypso:

I really don't see a use for Calypso at all. I really don't. It relies on you having Scaliwags in your Graveyard, the place you don't want them for the entire rest of the deck. And even with all its buffs, it's still not very good.

Seven Seas Conqueror:

A great Field Spell, a really great one. It makes it easy for you to banish what you want to and can banish whatever ended up in the Grave if your opponent decided to be annoying. And it's even got in-built protection, how great is that?

The Kraken:

On one hand, this card seems like an incredibly strong monster in and of itself, but it's just a glorified beatstick that does nothing else but hinder your deck by preventing you from Special Summoning. It's just a relatively strong monster, it doesn't do anything else for the deck.

Battle Position Buckos! (Would be 'Battle Positions, Buckos!'):

A decent support spell with another trick to display if it ends up being banished from your deck. It's not bad at all.

Mis-Fortune:

A properly powerful Trap in the Scaliwags' toolkit, however at this point unless you run high numbers of every Scaliwag, it's not gonna have too big an effect. Once you get some more monsters in the archetype, Mis-Fortune will be properly strong.

Mount the Cannons:

Now this one is strong. The Scaliwags already banish eachother constantly, and this takes big advantage of that fact. If you ever were to run Scaliwags, this one is clearly a must-have.

Off the Plank with Ye!:

Okay, so this one I might see a little problem in. Sure, it's a strong effect, but it's not that easy to just dump Scaliwags in the Banished zone, so it's not just basically a 'Banish whenever'. The problem here is how easy it is to just get ready again. And if you've got multiple copies and enough banished Scaliwags, you can shut down most fields in a heartbeat. Maybe add a "you can't re-add this card to your hand the turn it goes to the grave" would fix it.

Scaliwag Buccaneer:

It's a decent beatstick and a decent way to banish your cards, and a decent effect as well if it's banished. It's nothing special.

Scaliwag Captain:

If there was more Scaliwags available, Captain would be an absolute must-have. It's summoning condition would be easily overcome, and would turn your decently strong Scaliwags into credible threats unless your opponent has something to counter. Unfortunately, there's just not enough Scaliwags to justify having Captain being there yet.

Scaliwag Corsair:

Now this is good. Both a decent effect and a great effect when banished rolled into one package? Sign me up!

Scaliwag Dame:

It's effect when banished is actually rather poor, to be honest. I'd much rather be able to use my own cards which I know are useful to me than use my opponent's, which I can't control what are. However, the other effect is worth it. With all the banishing you'll be doing, it's easy to get Dame on the field and make a quick Level 7 Synchro. If the Scaliwags got some more Synchros, I can see them being not too bad at making 'em.

Scaliwag Lieutenant:

A Rank 3 in a deck that has only one Level 3? Although not a poor effect, in the archetype's current state it's just not viable in your Extra Deck.

Scaliwag Navigator:

Would be great if you didn't currently have access to any non-Tuner level 3 monster in the archetype at all. It's a really great effect that both aids you and gives your opponent grief, but it's also a decent beatstick too, and can even allow a Water-monster you control to attack directly. If you could get it out, Navigator would be the best card you have.

Sea Goddess Calypso:

I really don't see a use for Calypso at all. I really don't. It relies on you having Scaliwags in your Graveyard, the place you don't want them for the entire rest of the deck. And even with all its buffs, it's still not very good.

Seven Seas Conqueror:

A great Field Spell, a really great one. It makes it easy for you to banish what you want to and can banish whatever ended up in the Grave if your opponent decided to be annoying. And it's even got in-built protection, how great is that?

The Kraken:

On one hand, this card seems like an incredibly strong monster in and of itself, but it's just a glorified beatstick that does nothing else but hinder your deck by preventing you from Special Summoning. It's just a relatively strong monster, it doesn't do anything else for the deck.

Kraken was just thrown in there as a Themed Evil Dagon Ananta and I honeslty meant to make all monsters level 3 I was just making these cards one after the other and put level 4 becuase it was such a common level. I dont make cards too often, much less often do I make full archetypes, but thanks for the feedback. Originally this deck was supposed to be focused around stealing the Opponent's "booty" which was why Dame still had that effect and I wanted to keep that theme in there somehow. The only other thing i would think for her effect because of what she represents is allowing the opponent to choose one of their set cards and placing it in your set zone instead. ANd on Mount the canons, another thing I was thinking of was to have the deck focus on burn damage with the canon's being a very important part of the burn since you know, kaboom. There was originally another continuous spell that bruned for a set amount once per turn when a Scaliwag was normal or special summoned. On a turn other than the turn you used the summon burn effect, you could send it to the graveyard to burn your opponent for a set amount based on banished or graved Scaliwags. Any effect that has to do with graves except Mis-Fortune are because I didnt change that effect to a banish effect when I was re-doing the archetype. Also, Dame lets you select a card in your opponen't graveyard. Its a nice way to get their solemns or bottomless anything that is pretty standard for most decks if you know what I mean. Her fist effect in any of my itterations were never very big or impactful, it was always her special summoning that made her important and a must @3 for the deck. So yeah treat all these monsters except captain as level 3.

Archived