"Neonova" Synchro Archetype, Crush your enemies with overwhelming power!

Akron The Void Lord

This is an archetype that I'm working on for a villain/anti-villain for a story of mine. He shows up rather frequently and often fights multiple opponents at the same time, and so I decided to give him a full archetype that he uses, the "Neonovas". (Yes, I'm very much aware of the redunant name.) They're a deck that is focused around both Beatdown alongside Burning the opponent for high effect damage. They can often Special Summon themselves or eachother, and can even take advantage of when they're destroyed and are generally very good at keeping up offensive momentum. However, they are very poor defensively and often, (though not always) vulnerable to enemy Spell & Traps, as they have no direct counters to them, and are vulnerable to effect negation, as almost all of their plays originate from monster effects, and the likes of Skill Drain can easily put the brakes on this decks' momentum.

[spoiler=Non-Tuners (7)]

Qv1pplR.jpg

Neonova Warlord - Level 7
Fire-Attribute Warrior/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 2 face-up "Neonova" monsters you control. Once per turn; you can destroy 1 monster you control; then target 1 face-up "Neonova" or "Supernova" monster you control, it gains 1000 ATK.
ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000

Flavor text:

"I have seen the glorious future Lord Helios has promised our people. I have seen the power he can grant us. The power of determination, a power that must be paid for in blood."

YDRqrQk.jpg

Neonova Destroyer - Level 6
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, or if you control 2 or more face-up "Neonova" monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon "Neonova Destroyer" once per turn this way. Once per turn; at the start of the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's Effect Monster, negate that monster's effects, and if you do, destroy it.
ATK: 2200 DEF: 600

Flavor text:

"Those who become filled with the power of determination but lack the will to control it will become mindless destroyers, whose only emotions are hate and fury..."

QobHhwk.jpg

Neonova Dragoneer - Level 5
If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon "Neonova Dragoneer" once per turn this way. Once per turn; if a "Neonova" monster you control would be destroyed by battle or by card effects, you can prevent its destruction.
ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000

Flavor text:

"Glory to the Novan Empire! Glory to the Novan people! Glory to the fallen Novan warriors! Glory to Lord Helios!"

daliU1Y.jpg

Neonova Scout - Level 4
If you Normal or Special Summon this card while you control no other monsters; you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Neonova" Tuner monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this face-up card you control is destroyed, you can add 1 "Neonova" Tuner monster in your Graveyard to your hand.
ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000

Flavor text:

"I live to serve the great Lord Helios, and serve him only."

0SN7eNd.jpg

Neonova General - Level 4
Once per turn; you can activate this card's effect. If you do, add 1 "Neonova" Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. If this card you control is destroyed; you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Neonova" non-Tuner monster in your Graveyard, except "Neonova General".
ATK: 1600 DEF: 800

Flavor text:

"Through ferocity, determination and sacred fury, all of those who refuse the glory of Lord Helios will be brought to their knees."

UIb5Zjo.jpg

Neonova Guardian - Level 2
If you control a Level 4 or higher "Neonova" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If a face-up "Neonova" monster you control would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead. If a face-up "Neonova" monster you control is attacked by an opponent's monster, you can discard this card from your hand, increase the ATK of that monster by 1200 until the end of the Battle Step.
ATK: 1200 DEF: 0

Flavor text:

"I live to serve the Dragon Emperor."

I61jqnI.jpg

Neonova Enchanter - Level 3
Fire-Attribute Spellcaster/Effect
Once per turn: if this card is Special Summoned; you can double the original ATK of one face-up "Neonova" monster you control until the End Phase. After this card has been Special Summoned; destroy it. If this card is destroyed, except by its own effect, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Neonova" Tuner monster from your Graveyard.
ATK: 800 DEF: 200

Flavor text:

"Even if it means my end, I will drag you to hell with me!"

[spoiler=Tuners (3)]

pCFw31r.jpg

Neonova Strategist - Level 4
Fire-Attribute Warrior/Tuner
If this card is Normal Summoned; change it to Defense Position. While this card is face-up on the field; all "Neonova" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's Spell & Trap cards. If this card is destroyed, you can discard 1 card, and if you do; draw 1 card.
ATK: 600 DEF: 1600

Flavor text:

"With flaming sword in one hand, and brutal cunning in the other, there is no enemy we cannot defeat."

0ef0LGz.jpg

Neonova Warlock - Level 2
Fire-Attribute Spellcaster/Tuner
If you Normal Summon this card; you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Neonova" monster from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned; you can target 1 "Neonova" monster you control; gain LP equal to it's ATK. You can banish 1 "Neonova" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand.
ATK: 800 DEF: 800

Flavor text:

"Glory to Lord Helios, he who is great and wise; glory to Lord Helios, he who is strong and sovereign; glory to Lord Helios, he who is supreme and divinity."

DbMFEwl.jpg

Neonova Ancient Warhero - Level 1
Fire-Attribute Warrior/Tuner
You can destroy 1 face-up "Neonova" monster; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Neonova Ancient Warhero" once per turn this way. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Neonova" or "Supernova" Synchro Monster.
ATK: 100 DEF: 100

Flavor text:

"Even in death, the Novan people keep fighting."

[spoiler=Spells (4)]

og0CcB5.jpg

Helios's Sacrificial Altar
Spell Card
Tribute 1 face-up "Neonova" monster you control, then target 1 other face-up monster you control; it gains ATK equal to the Tributed monster's ATK until the End Phase. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it, then target 1 face-up monster you control, it gains 800 ATK during this turn. You can only activate 1 effect of "Helios's Sacrificial Altar" once per turn, and only once that turn.

Flavor text:

"Faster, you useless dregs! Lord Helios demands his tribute in blood!"

aErNKFZ.jpg

Wrath of Helios
Spell Card
During this turn only; whenever you Special Summon a "Neonova" monster, you can destroy 1 face-up card your opponent controls. If this card is in your Graveyard; you can banish it, and if you do, add 1 "Neonova" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 effect of "Wrath of Helios" once per turn, and only once that turn.

Flavor text:

"HIS POWER LIVES WITHIN US. HIS POWER WILL DESTROY THE WEAK AND THE FOOLISH."

oXE23wi.jpg

Heart of Strife
Equip Spell
Equip only to a "Neonova" monster you control. If that monster's ATK changes, you can inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the change in ATK once per turn. If you do; the monster this card is equipped to gains ATK equal to that amount. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. You can only control 1 face-up "Heart of Strife".

Flavor text:

"I remember the day when Lord Helios first revealed himself. The day when he granted every living warrior everlasting fury..."

1FrgoXn.jpg

Rally Our Forces!
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only if you control no monsters. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this card, except with this card's effect.Special Summon 1 Tuner and 1 Non-Tuner "Neonova" monsters from your hand or Deck; then immediately perform a Synchro Summon using those two monsters only to Synchro Summon a "Neonova" or "Supernova" Synchro Monster. If this card is in your Graveyard; you can banish it, and if you do, add 1 Spell or Trap card that lists the word "Neonova" in its effect from your Deck to your hand, except "Rally Our Forces!". You can only activate 1 effect of "Rally Our Forces!" per turn, and only once that turn.

Flavor text:

"There is the enemy! CHARGE!"

[spoiler=Traps (3)]

ZHFnGqj.jpg

Unyielding Rage
Trap Card
Activate only when you control 2 or more face-up "Neonova" monsters, and a face-up "Neonova" monster you controlled was destroyed this turn. Target 1 of them; then destroy all others, then the targeted monster gains 1000 ATK for each monster destroyed by this card, also all battle damage dealt to your opponent involving that monster is halved. During your End Phase; destroy that monster. You can only activate 1 "Unyielding Rage" per turn.

Flavor text:

"RRRAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

nZuyW9Q.jpg

Ferocity of a Thousand Suns
Trap Card
Destroy 1 face-up "Neonova" monster you control. Then, target 1 face-up "Neonova" monster you control. This turn, it is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects, also it can attack twice during this turn's Battle Phase. During the End Phase; destroy that monster, and take damage equal to its ATK. You can only activate 1 "Ferocity of a Thousand Suns" per turn.

Flavor text:

"AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! THIS POWER IS BEYOND ANYTHING ELSE!"

7uqnFqV.jpg

Devotion Until the End
Trap Card
During the End Phase, draw cards equal to the amount of "Neonova" monsters destroyed this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Devotion Until the End" once per turn. If this card is in your Graveyard; you can banish it, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Devotion Until the End" once per turn.

Flavor text:

"Lord Helios gave us everything. Our sacrifice is but a meager repayment for his tremendous generosity."

[spoiler=Synchro Monsters (8)]

hXZ2b9w.jpg

Supernova Dragon Emperor Helios - Level 12
Fire-Attribute Dragon/Synchro/Effect

2 "Neonova" Tuners + 1 non-Tuner "Supernova Dragon" Synchro Monster
If this card was Synchro Summoned without using a "Supernova Dragon" as Synchro Material; this card's effects are negated. During your Standby Phase; destroy 1 "Neonova" monster you control. If you cannot, take 4000 damage. All face-up monsters on the field whose original ATK is lower than this card's ATK have their effects negated, regardless of their effects. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's ATK until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle; inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK or DEF, (Whichever is higher.) also, this card can then attack an opponent's monster once again in a row.
ATK: 4000 DEF: 3100

Flavor text:

"Death is the only thing that changes anything. All else it but lies spun from minds desperate to avoid the truth. And lies cannot save you from me."

udq8l3R.jpg

Supernova Dragon Cataclysm Atlas - Level 10

1 "Neonova" Tuner monster + 1 "Supernova Dragon" Synchro Monster
If this card was Synchro Summoned without using a "Supernova Dragon" as Synchro Material; this card's effects are negated. This card cannot attack your opponent directly. During your Standby Phase; destroy 1 "Neonova" monster you control. If you cannot, take damage equal to this card's original ATK. You can destroy all monsters on the field whose ATK is lower than the ATK of this card, and if you do; inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed this way. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can Special Summon 1 "Neonova" Tuner monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position. You can Tribute 1 monster you control, Special Summon 1 "Supernova Dragon" Synchro Monster from your Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Supernova Dragon Cataclysm Atlas" once per turn, and only once that turn.
ATK: 3500 DEF: 2600

Flavor text:

"The whole world will burn underneath my gaze! Every single soul will burn in my flames of war for all eternity!"

pb3eopg.jpg

Supernova Dragon - Level 8

1 "Neonova" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner "Neonova" monsters
Once per turn; you can pay 1000 Life Points. If you do, this card can then attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If you activate this effect, then this card cannot attack directly this turn, also other monsters you control cannot attack. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK or DEF (whichever is higher).
ATK: 3000 DEF: 2100

Flavor text:

"At long last... I am REBORN!"

I4Ao9G8.jpg

Neonova Undying Warlord - Level 7
Fire-Attribute Warrior/Synchro/Effect

Your opponent cannot target face-up "Neonova" monsters you control for attacks, except for this one. During your opponent's turn: you can have this card gain ATK equal to half the total ATK of all other face-up "Neonova" monsters you control on the field until the End Phase. Once per turn; if you control a face-up Level 7 monster; you can Tribute that monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.
ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000

Flavor text:

"My ascension is complete! I am destruction INCARNATE!"

y5hm2MI.jpg

Neonova Dragoon Blader - Level 7

This card is also treated as a Dragon-type monster. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. During the turn this card is Synchro Summoned; this card gains ATK equal to half the total ATK of the monsters used as Synchro Material until the End Phase. If this card attacks a monster in Defense Position whose DEF is lower than this card's ATK, inflict piercing damage to your opponent.
ATK: 2500 DEF: 1200

Flavor text:

"Lord Helios has granted me a form beyond human constraints. I am beyond petty human squabbles."

ovnsTo4.jpg

Neonova Exalted Swordmaster - Level 6

If this card is Synchro Summoned; target 1 Level 2 or lower Tuner monster in your Graveyard, Special Summon it. This card can attack all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle; inflict 400 damage to your opponent.
ATK: 2000 DEF: 1400

Flavor text:

"March, legions of Nova! To war!"

MS12Wjj.jpg

Neonova Helios Priest - Level 5
Fire-Attribute Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect

When this card is Synchro Summoned, inflict 800 damage to your opponent, and then 1 monster your opponent controls loses 800 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can Normal Summon 1 "Neonova" monster in addition to your other Normal Summon/Set. During your Standby Phase; you can destroy 1 face-up "Neonova" monster you control.
ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200

Flavor text:

"MORE! LORD HELIOS DEMANDS MORE BLOOD, MORE DESTRUCTION, MORE WAR!!!"

FC38jnt.jpg

Neonova Exalted Initiate - Level 3

Once per turn: you can send 1 "Neonova" monster from your hand to the Graveyard, this card gains ATK equal to half the original ATK of the sent monster until the End Phase. If this card is destroyed, you can equip this card as an Equip Card to a face-up Synchro Monster you control. It gains 1000 ATK.
ATK: 1600 DEF: 800

Flavor text:

"I will carve my Lord's name into the hearts of the enemy!"

Destroyer: A great beat-stick that has a better summoning condition than most in the game. With the high level, it may be hard to synchro summon monsters until I see the synchros.

Dragonner: You may want to add an once per turn clause to this card as this card can splash ont the field like it is nothing as swam decks can easily allow this card to be on the field immediately.

Scout: A balanced user in it's own right when chained to a special summon card but gains most of it's abilities when it is normal summoned. Open to normal summon negation cards.

Berserker: To be honest, it seems to be a meh kind of card as the special summoning effect is the only thing going for a supposed use.

General: You may want to edit the wording of the card but overall, this card is pretty good as it allows you to have access to a tuner no matter what.

Guardian: An interesting guard if you need the protection due to many destruction cards.

Enchanter: You may need to improve it's effect as this card requires the destruction of it, leaving a ply you could have used to defend yourself.

Strategist: A jack of all trades card that protects your monsters from important spells, traps, and pendulum zone effects with an added bonus of drawing card. Not much to say about it.

Warlock: Possibly, one of the best cards you have designed for this archetype as it can special summon itself rather easily and allow you to survive for a while in order to protect your self with life points.   

Destroyer: A great beat-stick that has a better summoning condition than most in the game. With the high level, it may be hard to synchro summon monsters until I see the synchros.

Synchros are on the way. I just have to find art that's good enough.

Dragonner: You may want to add an once per turn clause to this card as this card can splash ont the field like it is nothing as swam decks can easily allow this card to be on the field immediately.

Done.

Scout: A balanced user in it's own right when chained to a special summon card but gains most of it's abilities when it is normal summoned. Open to normal summon negation cards.

Berserker: To be honest, it seems to be a meh kind of card as the special summoning effect is the only thing going for a supposed use.

With the addition of a few new cards, Berserker should see a niche for itself in this archetype.

General: You may want to edit the wording of the card but overall, this card is pretty good as it allows you to have access to a tuner no matter what.

Guardian: An interesting guard if you need the protection due to many destruction cards.

Enchanter: You may need to improve it's effect as this card requires the destruction of it, leaving a ply you could have used to defend yourself.

Strategist: A jack of all trades card that protects your monsters from important spells, traps, and pendulum zone effects with an added bonus of drawing card. Not much to say about it.

Warlock: Possibly, one of the best cards you have designed for this archetype as it can special summon itself rather easily and allow you to survive for a while in order to protect your self with life points.   

Ok, as I have promised, here is the reviews. Feel free to point out about the grammar mistake that I made throughout the reviews.

Also, I'm very sorry, since I won't be able to review the Synchro Monsters for a particular reason.

MAJOR NOTE: Please put in a "You can only use/activate each effects of "Insert card name here" once per turn." for each Spell/Trap cards that you have created, since nothing good comes out of a card that can be activated more than once per turn. The searching effects are also one of the main reasons for this.

Small Note: I will NOT talk about the graveyard effects, because they aren't really that important besides the lack of "Hard" Once per turn clause.

Spell/Trap Cards

AltarLooks weird to me because an "Altar" shouldn't be a Normal Spell Card (in my opinion). Anyway, it is a great ATK increaser, but unfortunately, this card can't trigger other "Neonova" monsters that activate their effects on destruction, because Tributing doesn't count as destruction. (Its probably intended, but I just wanted to mention that.)

Wrath : Could potentially destroy your opponent's field (if your opponent doesn't set 5), because you can activate Rally!, which could result in being able to destroy 3 face-up cards on your opponent's field (since activating Rally! will result into Special Summoning 2 monsters, then Synchro Summon 1 of the Synchro Monsters that you created, resulting into 3 cards destroyed). And that comes from ONE card!

Strife : Whoa! This card can burn your opponent really badly, for example, if I equip Strife on Destroyer, then attack the opponent directly with Warlord and Destroyer for 4400 damage, then activate Altar to tribute Warlord to increase Destroyer's ATK, causing Strife to activate, inflicting 2200 damage to the opponent. So, I would be dealing 6600 damage to the opponent in ONE turn!

Rally! : Instant Synchro Summon can be really broken, but I don't have much knowledge about that, so...pass?

Ascension : All I could say is: "DON'T make a Soul Charge without putting in some cost".

Apostle : "Unaffected by your opponent's card effects" is too overpowered. Please put in some other types of protection instead.

Rage : Could be used with Strife as well. So................yeah. No further explanations are needed.

Ferocity : The same cases as Apostle.

Wow, that is quite long. Also, please check out my "Acquatic" archetype below!

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348655-written-acquatic-archetype-you-shall-not-deckout-ever-again/

Ok, as I have promised, here is the reviews. Feel free to point out about the grammar mistake that I made throughout the reviews.

Also, I'm very sorry, since I won't be able to review the Synchro Monsters for a particular reason.

MAJOR NOTE: Please put in a "You can only use/activate each effects of "Insert card name here" once per turn." for each Spell/Trap cards that you have created, since nothing good comes out of a card that can be activated more than once per turn. The searching effects are also one of the main reasons for this.

Small Note: I will NOT talk about the graveyard effects, because they aren't really that important besides the lack of "Hard" Once per turn clause.

Spell/Trap Cards

AltarLooks weird to me because an "Altar" shouldn't be a Normal Spell Card (in my opinion). Anyway, it is a great ATK increaser, but unfortunately, this card can't trigger other "Neonova" monsters that activate their effects on destruction, because Tributing doesn't count as destruction. (Its probably intended, but I just wanted to mention that.)

Correct. Altar is strong enough already, letting players abuse it to trigger destruction-activated effects would be too much. It's also why I didn't make Altar a Quick-Play Spell, because it could lead to some seriously ludicrous combos with Strife.

Wrath : Could potentially destroy your opponent's field (if your opponent doesn't set 5), because you can activate Rally!, which could result in being able to destroy 3 face-up cards on your opponent's field (since activating Rally! will result into Special Summoning 2 monsters, then Synchro Summon 1 of the Synchro Monsters that you created, resulting into 3 cards destroyed). And that comes from ONE card!

That's why Wrath can only destroy face-up cards. Anything that's face-down doesn't have to worry about it at all.

Strife : Whoa! This card can burn your opponent really badly, for example, if I equip Strife on Destroyer, then attack the opponent directly with Warlord and Destroyer for 4400 damage, then activate Altar to tribute Warlord to increase Destroyer's ATK, causing Strife to activate, inflicting 2200 damage to the opponent. So, I would be dealing 6600 damage to the opponent in ONE turn!

Hyup. Strife is nice and useful, as it should be. Though I'm considering nerfing it ever so slightly so it only deals damage equal to half the change in ATK.

Rally! : Instant Synchro Summon can be really broken, but I don't have much knowledge about that, so...pass?

Hence why it can only be used to haul out one of this archetype's Synchro monsters. If it could bring out whatever else, it would be ridiculously strong.

Ascension : All I could say is: "DON'T make a Soul Charge without putting in some cost".

Hence why it requires you to control NO monsters at all when you activate it.

Apostle : "Unaffected by your opponent's card effects" is too overpowered. Please put in some other types of protection instead.

I'm strongly considering changing it to purely protecting against monster effects instead.

Rage : Could be used with Strife as well. So................yeah. No further explanations are needed.

I'll give Rage a "your opponent takes no effect damage for the rest of this turn" clause.

Ferocity : The same cases as Apostle.

I'm changing that to just protection from Spell/Traps.

Wow, that is quite long. Also, please check out my "Acquatic" archetype below!

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348655-written-acquatic-archetype-you-shall-not-deckout-ever-again/

EDIT: Nerfed Heart of StrifeAscension of the ForsakenApostle of FireUnyielding Rage and Ferocity of a Thousand Sons.

Jesus Christ. This is going to be a long one...

First things first: Reasoning is definitely needed in this deck with the various levels.

Warlord: A hard hitter when the conditions are right. Especially since some of the other card shave effects that resolve when a Neonova dies, this effect is extremely viable in this deck. 

Destroyer: Much better than Bull Blader, and is a perfect shield against attacks. The only way to play around it is to sack an effect monster on purpose, and then attacking with a monster with higher ATK.

Dragoneer: o_O I have a feeling that this card is going to be what drives this deck. Protecting destruction with a monster that can hit twice per Battle Phase is no small thing.

Scout: So pretty much a more effective version of Junk Synchron in this deck. On an important note to be wary of, this deck has the potential to make Accel Synchron by simply adding Effect Veiler or something similar. Using a Synchro Tuner in correspondence to Limit Overdrive can bring out any Synchro Monster.

Berserker: The attacking twice is a powerful effect, but getting him out requires the conditions to be correct. Used with Goblindbergh, this card could be quite generic in a Warrior-Type deck.

General: A free add once per turn. Rather useful in getting to your monsters faster. Be wary that 3 generals on the field = +3 every turn. This card is still a candidate for Inferno Reckless Summon with 1500 ATK.

Guardian: A meh card, since he only re-directs destruction. Might be useful when you have the double attack monsters out, but opening with him might make it hard from the start.

Enchanter: Must be Special Summoned for the effect to apply, but it wouldn't be hard if you're running more cards like Reasoning, COTH, and Goblindbergh in this deck. Basically, it's either doubling ATK or a Special Summon when it hits the grave.

Spirit Shaman: Powerful effects, but low stats. The second effect isn't as appealing as the first, but this card would definitely have atleast 1 copy in this deck.

Strategist: o_O ALL Neonovas are unaffected by opponent's S/T effects. That's pretty insane, considering it includes itself. Skill Drain does crap if this card is already on the field. Heck, I would run Skill Drain myself in this deck. Also, if it's destroyed, you get a +1. Torrential Tribute or Dark Hole, anyone?

Gatherer: o_O Adding any S/T card from your deck on a Normal Summon, and if it's destroyed, you get a +1? This card is so powerful and Generic that it can fit into ANY deck. Why not add Dark Hole after Normal Summoning, wiping the field, and getting a +1? Also, if Supply Squad is also being run, the amount of pluses would overpower even Pepe.

Warlock: A Marauding Captain/Goblindbergh for this deck in order to give access to a quick Synchro. Nothing wrong there, and it has the potential to be Special Summoned from the hand by banishing a Neonova in grave. Useful.

War Hero: Also very useful, this card has the potential to give +1 each time it uses its effect. However, there's no limit as to how many times it can be used in one turn, as long as you have monsters.

Helios Sacrificial Altar: The Spell Card for setting up OTKs by boosting a double attacker. Not only that, it has a secondary effect in grave that's the same as Skill Successor.

Wrath of Helios: Like I said with War Hero, using this in correspondence with it has the potential to nuke an opponent's field. Pretty useful with the other cards too. Secondary effect to add makes it even more attractive.

Heart of Strife: I guess it's somewhat useful in speeding up the OTK's, but this card has very little impact otherwise. It gives no stat boosts.

Rally our forces: o_O A free Synchro Summon from the deck? Jesus, that's insane considering that it's much more powerful than A Hero Lives, and that there's no LP cost. Also, you can still conduct other Summons after use? This one's way too much...

Eternal Determination: o_O A free reborn, and it has the potential to gain LP after banishing from the Graveyard?

Ascension: Pretty much a free Soul Charge although you can't Special Summon after use. Also, you can banish it for a +1. I guess the best part of this card is that it's not limited to only the effect monsters, but the Synchros as well.

Apostle: OTK setup. Also, protects destruction when banished from Graveyard. It's a pretty powerful card, although putting in 3 copies is too much. 1-2 copies at most.

Unyielding Rage: Like I've said how some monsters give +1 upon destruction, this card has plenty of potential. Also an OTK set-up.

LOL: Just realized this. Neonova War Hero and Gatherer makes an infinite loop. War Hero cycles War Hero, and since you gain 500 LP each time a Neonova is Special/Normal SUmmoned, you gain 500 LP. You didn't think these cards through enough...

Ferocity: OTK setup, and it makes monster unaffected by S/T effects for free.

Devotion: o_O Remember how I siad about the infinite loop? Peform said combo with War Hero and you can pretty much refresh an entire empty hand. Otherwise, it's a decent Qliphort Monolith Trap, except with destroyed Neonovas.

Exaltation: Setting up an OTK by attacking with said monster, tributing said monster, and bringing out another heavy hitter.

Helios: o_O Your opponent is screwed when this card hits the field. Unable to activate anything is pretty much a death flag. Not only that, it has a double attack effect, ATK gaining effect, and effect damage inflicting effect.

Atlas: Field Nuke that also acts as a combo generator for itself. Also has a inbuilt piercing effect, so this card is one of the more viable options for a OTK.

Hyperion: The ATK booster for all Neonovas that just won't die since you can easily bring it back by tributing a Neonova. War Hero anyone?

Dragon: Locks down your opponent from activating S/T like Ancient Gear Golem. This card is more balanced compared to the other ones.

Warlord: Viable OTK monster with his effect. Really easy to Summon as well, and can bring himself back from the Graveyard.

Blader: Same as the above, minus self-regenerating effect. The boost it gains on the turn it is summoned is more than enough to end the opponent if it gains the double attack effect that turn.

Blaster: Potential field wipe wipe. First effect not really anything special.

Sorceress: A more defensive card. Negating the face-up card isn't a quick effect, but it could be useful. Otherwise, this card wouldn't do too much.

Slayer: Not too special either. This card can help clear the field for the double attackers, but there's not much else that it can do.

Swordmaster: VERY viable two attacker. Also special summons a Tuner upon summon, so it's really useful.

Priest: Eh... Could be somewhat helpful for getting out the Supernovas with its effect. The burn for 800 and the stat decrease isn't anything too special either.

Initiate: Not that special either. Effect is only ignition, so it can't pull off any combo that would turn the tide for you.

Overview: Some cards are too OP, while some are meh. A few are underpowered, but a decent amount are Overpowered. Strongly suggesting major edits if you want more people to review. They were probably turned off by the massive amount of cards and how some cards were just too powerful.

Jesus Christ. This is going to be a long one...

First things first: Reasoning is definitely needed in this deck with the various levels.

Warlord: A hard hitter when the conditions are right. Especially since some of the other card shave effects that resolve when a Neonova dies, this effect is extremely viable in this deck. 

Destroyer: Much better than Bull Blader, and is a perfect shield against attacks. The only way to play around it is to sack an effect monster on purpose, and then attacking with a monster with higher ATK.

Dragoneer: o_O I have a feeling that this card is going to be what drives this deck. Protecting destruction with a monster that can hit twice per Battle Phase is no small thing.

Scout: So pretty much a more effective version of Junk Synchron in this deck. On an important note to be wary of, this deck has the potential to make Accel Synchron by simply adding Effect Veiler or something similar. Using a Synchro Tuner in correspondence to Limit Overdrive can bring out any Synchro Monster.

Berserker: The attacking twice is a powerful effect, but getting him out requires the conditions to be correct. Used with Goblindbergh, this card could be quite generic in a Warrior-Type deck.

General: A free add once per turn. Rather useful in getting to your monsters faster. Be wary that 3 generals on the field = +3 every turn. This card is still a candidate for Inferno Reckless Summon with 1500 ATK.

Guardian: A meh card, since he only re-directs destruction. Might be useful when you have the double attack monsters out, but opening with him might make it hard from the start.

Enchanter: Must be Special Summoned for the effect to apply, but it wouldn't be hard if you're running more cards like Reasoning, COTH, and Goblindbergh in this deck. Basically, it's either doubling ATK or a Special Summon when it hits the grave.

Spirit Shaman: Powerful effects, but low stats. The second effect isn't as appealing as the first, but this card would definitely have atleast 1 copy in this deck.

Strategist: o_O ALL Neonovas are unaffected by opponent's S/T effects. That's pretty insane, considering it includes itself. Skill Drain does crap if this card is already on the field. Heck, I would run Skill Drain myself in this deck. Also, if it's destroyed, you get a +1. Torrential Tribute or Dark Hole, anyone?

Gatherer: o_O Adding any S/T card from your deck on a Normal Summon, and if it's destroyed, you get a +1? This card is so powerful and Generic that it can fit into ANY deck. Why not add Dark Hole after Normal Summoning, wiping the field, and getting a +1? Also, if Supply Squad is also being run, the amount of pluses would overpower even Pepe.

Warlock: A Marauding Captain/Goblindbergh for this deck in order to give access to a quick Synchro. Nothing wrong there, and it has the potential to be Special Summoned from the hand by banishing a Neonova in grave. Useful.

War Hero: Also very useful, this card has the potential to give +1 each time it uses its effect. However, there's no limit as to how many times it can be used in one turn, as long as you have monsters.

Helios Sacrificial Altar: The Spell Card for setting up OTKs by boosting a double attacker. Not only that, it has a secondary effect in grave that's the same as Skill Successor.

Wrath of Helios: Like I said with War Hero, using this in correspondence with it has the potential to nuke an opponent's field. Pretty useful with the other cards too. Secondary effect to add makes it even more attractive.

Heart of Strife: I guess it's somewhat useful in speeding up the OTK's, but this card has very little impact otherwise. It gives no stat boosts.

Rally our forces: o_O A free Synchro Summon from the deck? Jesus, that's insane considering that it's much more powerful than A Hero Lives, and that there's no LP cost. Also, you can still conduct other Summons after use? This one's way too much...

Eternal Determination: o_O A free reborn, and it has the potential to gain LP after banishing from the Graveyard?

Ascension: Pretty much a free Soul Charge although you can't Special Summon after use. Also, you can banish it for a +1. I guess the best part of this card is that it's not limited to only the effect monsters, but the Synchros as well.

Apostle: OTK setup. Also, protects destruction when banished from Graveyard. It's a pretty powerful card, although putting in 3 copies is too much. 1-2 copies at most.

Unyielding Rage: Like I've said how some monsters give +1 upon destruction, this card has plenty of potential. Also an OTK set-up.

LOL: Just realized this. Neonova War Hero and Gatherer makes an infinite loop. War Hero cycles War Hero, and since you gain 500 LP each time a Neonova is Special/Normal SUmmoned, you gain 500 LP. You didn't think these cards through enough...

Ferocity: OTK setup, and it makes monster unaffected by S/T effects for free.

Devotion: o_O Remember how I siad about the infinite loop? Peform said combo with War Hero and you can pretty much refresh an entire empty hand. Otherwise, it's a decent Qliphort Monolith Trap, except with destroyed Neonovas.

Exaltation: Setting up an OTK by attacking with said monster, tributing said monster, and bringing out another heavy hitter.

Helios: o_O Your opponent is screwed when this card hits the field. Unable to activate anything is pretty much a death flag. Not only that, it has a double attack effect, ATK gaining effect, and effect damage inflicting effect.

Atlas: Field Nuke that also acts as a combo generator for itself. Also has a inbuilt piercing effect, so this card is one of the more viable options for a OTK.

Hyperion: The ATK booster for all Neonovas that just won't die since you can easily bring it back by tributing a Neonova. War Hero anyone?

Dragon: Locks down your opponent from activating S/T like Ancient Gear Golem. This card is more balanced compared to the other ones.

Warlord: Viable OTK monster with his effect. Really easy to Summon as well, and can bring himself back from the Graveyard.

Blader: Same as the above, minus self-regenerating effect. The boost it gains on the turn it is summoned is more than enough to end the opponent if it gains the double attack effect that turn.

Blaster: Potential field wipe wipe. First effect not really anything special.

Sorceress: A more defensive card. Negating the face-up card isn't a quick effect, but it could be useful. Otherwise, this card wouldn't do too much.

Slayer: Not too special either. This card can help clear the field for the double attackers, but there's not much else that it can do.

Swordmaster: VERY viable two attacker. Also special summons a Tuner upon summon, so it's really useful.

Priest: Eh... Could be somewhat helpful for getting out the Supernovas with its effect. The burn for 800 and the stat decrease isn't anything too special either.

Initiate: Not that special either. Effect is only ignition, so it can't pull off any combo that would turn the tide for you.

Overview: Some cards are too OP, while some are meh. A few are underpowered, but a decent amount are Overpowered. Strongly suggesting major edits if you want more people to review. They were probably turned off by the massive amount of cards and how some cards were just too powerful.

First of all, I'd just like to extend a major thank-you for this bout of feedback. I'm really happy that I've gotten a comprehensive critique, and gotten my Synchro Monsters looked over. I'm certainly taking your criticism into account and giving the archetype a good overhaul. Hopefully, if you come around again some time, this'll be in a much better condition.

Thanks again!

The archetype has been under a major overhaul.

General has been given +100 ATK to put him out of range of IRS

Strategist's destruction-activated effect now requires a discard to draw

Gatherer can only fish "Neonova"-related Spells and Traps, and she just gives +1000 LP upon destruction

War Hero can only be Special Summoned from the grave once per turn

Heart of Strife now increases the ATK of the monster equipped when it deals damage by the same amount

Rally Our Forces now requires the player not to Summon at all during the rest of the turn, including before, like Red-Eyes Fusion

Ferocity of a Thousand Suns requires the destruction of a Neonova you control to be activated

Exaltation can only be activated during your Main Phase 1

Dragoon Blader only gains half the total ATK of its Synchro Materials

Sorceress' negating effect is now a Quick Effect

Slayer and Swordmaster have swapped multi-attacking effects

Helios Priest allows you to destroy a Neonova in the Standby Phase

Initiate allows you to destroy another Neonova when it destroys a monster to increase its own ATK by 400

Altar, Determination and Guardian will be revamped soon.

Archived