Naturia Supports [5/?]

Cherz

Hey, after seeing all the positive feedback from Naturia Snail, I decided to make a thread dump of all my Naturia cards, since I enjoy designing for them. I love the aesthetic, and it is really hard to recreate, so I hope these arts are Naturia-esq. I will also be updating this with card's frequently.

[spoiler=Naturia Snail]

fRNfwDo.jpg

Effect: When your opponent activates a monster effect, while you control a face-up "Naturia" card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card. This card cannot be used as Xyz material or Tributed, unless for Tribute Summon of a "Naturia" monster.

Edit: It wasn't working well at all with this deck, so I changed its effect to revealing a Nat to "if you control a face-up Naturia card.

A hand trap to provide protection, and effect stunning, something Naturia Monster's lack. It has the insect typing for Sacred tree. 

[spoiler=Naturia Viper]

ntuLDLy.jpg

Effect: 1 EARTH Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH monsters
When this card is Special Summoned, change all other monsters on the field to defense position. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), you can banish a "Naturia" card from your graveyard; negate the effects of the Summoned monster(s) and change them to Defense Position.

Naturia Viper is the deck's Anti Special monster. It being face-up will probably lock your opponent out of Specialing, although they can try. It is vulnerable to spell/traps, but provides a solid beater for when Naturia's manage to make 7. It can also be a good option when your opponent has one big monster out, because its summon effect. 

[spoiler=Naturia Peacock]

1CQXQ63.jpg

Effect: You can Special Summon this card by sending a "Naturia Sacred Tree" from your hand to the Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Naturia Peacock" once per turn this way. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP to Normal Summon an additional time this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

The deck's speed. Naturia Peacock makes the plays of the deck. If you have the right set-up, it makes a Synchro by itself. The Special Summon effect is kinda situational, and makes you decide if you want the instant search, or the effect of the tree.

[spoiler=Naturia Chameleon]

KU1wxfq.jpg

Effect: If you negate the activation of a card your opponent controls, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: when your opponent activates a monster effect, you can banish 1 EARTH Insect-Type monster from your Graveyard; negate the effect and banish that monster.

Naturia Chameleon encourages running the insects, albeit as fodder. He can summon himself pretty easily, but relies on set up provided from cliff/marron to load the grave.

[spoiler=Naturia Hidden Paradise]

C4kU4qr.jpg

Effect: All "Naturia" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. "Naturia" monsters cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Naturia" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Naturia Hidden Paradise."

Naturia Hidden Paradise adds a level of general effect protection, but won't stop mass removal. It also boosts their attack, since it is pretty low. When it gets removed, you salavage a Nat, so if you want to hold onto it for Landoise or dump it via twin twisters, cool stuff can happen.

So yeah, thats my current Naturia support. I went pretty bold with these last few, since they desperatly need some playmaking ability other than pray to draw perfect and not get otk'd. Tell me how you feel about these cards. :)

Only thing I'd change is to make Paradise say if instead of when. This way it can't miss timing on landoise or something, not sure if being compulsory would affect it like goblin zombie ruling but it's just something to look out for. Otherwise, really nice stuff, wish it actually existed tbqh.

Only thing I'd change is to make Paradise say if instead of when. This way it can't miss timing on landoise or something, not sure if being compulsory would affect it like goblin zombie ruling but it's just something to look out for. Otherwise, really nice stuff, wish it actually existed tbqh.

Thanks for the review! Done and done~

You're support heavily supports the negation aspect, which makes Paradise's 1 and 2 effects seem really weird to me, maybe they could do something else? I don't know, protection doesn't seem too handy. Maybe recycling banished cards?

You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending one "Naturia Sacred Tree' from your hand, deck, or field to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect once per turn. Once per turn, you can pay 800 lifepoints to Normal Summon an additional time per turn.

Make sure you add "(You can only have this effect once per turn)" so that it doesn't coincide with similar effects like Double Summon.

Naturia Snail is nice especially that 2nd turn. I also noticed that by using a special summoning card like call of the haunted would still activate its 2nd effect. Maybe you can go with some sort of requirement for that 2nd effect to kick in like when this card is special summoned this way and you control a face-up naturia monster.

Viper is a nice card as well. Maybe say when this card is synchro summoned and not special summoned so that its not abused by call of the haunted. I'd also change that "Change all other face-up monsters to defense position" so that Viper isn't affected.

Hidden Paradise can add itself back if its sent to the grave. Unless its intentional, I'll add "except "Naturia Hidden Paradise"."

Just edited some of them, and nerfed Snail since it's effect was too generic. Nerfed Peacock from being a 100% free plus to a semi-situation one, while still keeping a bunch of it's potential power, and made the continuous unable to re-grab itself.

Naturia Snail:

So since I already reviewed Snail, there really isn't anything else that I can say on it lol. Good job on the edits though. However, the correct wording should be:

"When your opponent activates a monster effect, while you control a face-up "Naturia" card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

This is because controlling a Naturia card wouldn't be a cost. Also, Special Summoning Snail would be the cost to negate that effect. A little unsure, but I'm fairly certain I'm correct.

For the second half of the effect: 

"This card cannot be used as Xyz material or Tributed, unless for Tribute Summon of a "Naturia" monster."

Just a few capitalization errors there, and removing a comma would fix everything. Still a good hand trap, even if it is Naturia specific now. Oh well, they need more support anyways. ^_^

Naturia Viper:

"When this card is Special Summoned, change all other monsters on the field to defense position. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), you can banish a "Naturia" card from your graveyard; negate the effects of the Summoned monster(s) and change them to Defense Position."

Change it to:

"When this card is Special Summoned, change all other face-up Attack Position monsters to face-up Defense Position. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), you can banish a "Naturia" card from your Graveyard; negate the effects of the Summoned monster(s) and change them to Defense Position."

Switching the wording makes it clearer. Also, face-up is required for battle position change due to the face that there are cards that can change to face-down Defense Position, and it makes it clearer. This card would obviously only be viable in a Naturia deck, although extremely effective. Pretty much a monster version of Lose 1 Turn. 

Naturia Peacock:

Effect: You can Special Summon this card by sending a "Naturia Sacred Tree" from your hand to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 LP to Normal Summon an additional time this turn. You can only use the effect(s) of Naturia Peacock once per turn.

Hmm... This one's just a slight edit:

Effect:

"You can Special Summon this card by sending a "Naturia Sacred Tree" from your hand to the Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Naturia Peacock" once per turn this way. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP to Normal Summon an additional time this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) 

Rearranged the wording, and added the additional Normal Summon restriction. Obviously, this card is extremely helpful in getting out a first turn Synchro. This would easily support Viper since you can use Snail's eff to Summon itself, and then bringing out Peacock on the next turn.

Chameleon:

If you negate the activation of a card your opponent controls, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a monster effect, you can banish 1 EARTH Insect-type monster from your graveyard; Negate the effect and banish that monster.

Slight edits to:

"If you negate the activation of a card your opponent controls, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: when your opponent activates a monster effect, you can banish 1 EARTH Insect-Type monster from your Graveyard; negate the effect and banish that monster."

This card would see more use in lategame because the Naturia Synchros are the main negators. It would completely lock down your opponent if you can get Bamboo Shoot and Chameleon out. So... should i suggest splashing Reasoning into Naturias? XD

Naturia Hidden Paradise:

Effect: Increase the ATK of all "Naturia" monsters you control by 500. "Naturia" monsters can not be targeted by card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Naturia" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Naturia Hidden Paradise."

---->

Effect: "All "Naturia" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. "Naturia" monsters cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Naturia" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Naturia Hidden Paradise.""

Oh boy, Bamboo Shoot and Chameleon combo gets even stronger. Aside from the ATK boost, now all Naturias can't be targeted. I feel sorry for anyone who gets locked down; this is much worse than Ice Barriers. XD

I'll probably be re-editing this sometime later today. I'm still at school, so I'm rushing a little. Overall, I see no red flags, except that the Chameleon and Bamboo Shoot combo is quite powerful. However, there's no need to change it since I don't see anything that would overpower the lock to the point that your opponent stands no chance.

Naturia Snail:

So since I already reviewed Snail, there really isn't anything else that I can say on it lol. Good job on the edits though. However, the correct wording should be:

"When your opponent activates a monster effect, while you control a face-up "Naturia" card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

This is because controlling a Naturia card wouldn't be a cost. Also, Special Summoning Snail would be the cost to negate that effect. A little unsure, but I'm fairly certain I'm correct.

For the second half of the effect: 

"This card cannot be used as Xyz material or Tributed, unless for Tribute Summon of a "Naturia" monster."

Just a few capitalization errors there, and removing a comma would fix everything. Still a good hand trap, even if it is Naturia specific now. Oh well, they need more support anyways. ^_^

Naturia Viper:

"When this card is Special Summoned, change all other monsters on the field to defense position. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), you can banish a "Naturia" card from your graveyard; negate the effects of the Summoned monster(s) and change them to Defense Position."

Change it to:

"When this card is Special Summoned, change all other face-up Attack Position monsters to face-up Defense Position. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), you can banish a "Naturia" card from your Graveyard; negate the effects of the Summoned monster(s) and change them to Defense Position."

Switching the wording makes it clearer. Also, face-up is required for battle position change due to the face that there are cards that can change to face-down Defense Position, and it makes it clearer. This card would obviously only be viable in a Naturia deck, although extremely effective. Pretty much a monster version of Lose 1 Turn. 

Naturia Peacock:

Effect: You can Special Summon this card by sending a "Naturia Sacred Tree" from your hand to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 LP to Normal Summon an additional time this turn. You can only use the effect(s) of Naturia Peacock once per turn.

Hmm... This one's just a slight edit:

Effect:

"You can Special Summon this card by sending a "Naturia Sacred Tree" from your hand to the Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Naturia Peacock" once per turn this way. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP to Normal Summon an additional time this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) 

Rearranged the wording, and added the additional Normal Summon restriction. Obviously, this card is extremely helpful in getting out a first turn Synchro. This would easily support Viper since you can use Snail's eff to Summon itself, and then bringing out Peacock on the next turn.

Chameleon:

If you negate the activation of a card your opponent controls, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a monster effect, you can banish 1 EARTH Insect-type monster from your graveyard; Negate the effect and banish that monster.

Slight edits to:

"If you negate the activation of a card your opponent controls, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: when your opponent activates a monster effect, you can banish 1 EARTH Insect-Type monster from your Graveyard; negate the effect and banish that monster."

This card would see more use in lategame because the Naturia Synchros are the main negators. It would completely lock down your opponent if you can get Bamboo Shoot and Chameleon out. So... should i suggest splashing Reasoning into Naturias? XD

Naturia Hidden Paradise:

Effect: Increase the ATK of all "Naturia" monsters you control by 500. "Naturia" monsters can not be targeted by card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Naturia" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Naturia Hidden Paradise."

---->

Effect: "All "Naturia" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. "Naturia" monsters cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Naturia" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Naturia Hidden Paradise.""

Oh boy, Bamboo Shoot and Chameleon combo gets even stronger. Aside from the ATK boost, now all Naturias can't be targeted. I feel sorry for anyone who gets locked down; this is much worse than Ice Barriers. XD

I'll probably be re-editing this sometime later today. I'm still at school, so I'm rushing a little. Overall, I see no red flags, except that the Chameleon and Bamboo Shoot combo is quite powerful. However, there's no need to change it since I don't see anything that would overpower the lock to the point that your opponent stands no chance.

Thanks so much for the ocg fix! I've never been too good at it, so it really helps. Just updated the set. :)

• 1 month later...

very good!

Two things I need to mention. 

1. Comments like this aren't permissible in Custom Cards. It's fine to say that you think the cards are good/bad, but you need to explain why. 

2. Last post was made more than a month ago. If a thread has no replies for 14 or more days, do not post in it unless you're the thread creator. 

Cherz, if you still want to add more stuff, feel free to remake the thread. 

Archived