Ymbell the Summoner (Related to Risebell and Saambell)

Sluggaholic

So, the other day I was just sitting around on YGOpro looking through their card dex when I happened upon a pretty neat, niche card- Risebell the Summoner. While normally a pretty useless card (Level 3 WIND Normal Pendulum Monster with 800 ATK / DEF) outside of using its <2/2> Pendulum Scale to have fun Penduluming, if one were to use its quite neat effect- of increasing a card's level by one once per turn permanently- they'd find ways to make many fun Xyz or Synchro plays. Thinking about this, I decided to make a third card to their duo, to make it a "-bell" trio. So, after Saambell and Risebell, say hello to Ymbell (eem-behll) the Summoner!

wFI6Xeq.jpg

"Ymbell the Summoner"

WIND Attribute - Spellcaster-Type - Level 4 / Normal Monster; Pendulum Monster

Pendulum Effect:

<8 / 8>

Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster on the field; attach a Monster whose Level equals that Xyz Monster's Rank to that target as Xyz Material from your hand or your side of the field.

LORE: "A distant cousin to Risebell who left him behind on a long journey of her own to realize her true potential. Some say she still searches for that power..."

- - - - -

Cnc, of course, is very much appreciated! 

EDIT: 3/12/16 - Reworded Pendulum effect to make it easier to understand and coincide with the OCG; adjusted Pendulum Scales (<7 / 7> to <8 / 8>)

@chaosboom, you're not following advanced clause

Yeah, Risebell and Saambell are adorable. Have you checked out the other cards in the series? There's a sort of mini-storyline going on.

That text is seriously wacky. Allow me.

Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster on the field; attach a Monster whose Level equals that Xyz Monster's Rank to that target as Xyz Material.

Pretty cool effect. I've always wanted Xyz material reattachment to be a thing. It's quite a high scale too. Normal monster makes it a target for Unexpected Dai, Level 4 offers good utility, WIND Spellcaster makes it a Majespecter target.

Despite how nifty this card is, however, I don't think it's quite good enough to find use in many decks. Maybe you could make it a Scale 8. It'll be a nice alternative to Dragonpit Magician, and I feel that the decks who have need of generic scales are the decks Konami should be encouraging.

Nice art too, though it looks like it's just fanart of Milla the Temporal Magician. What's the name origin?

Next time, just report any AC breaks and I'll deal with the users in question when I see the report(s).

But yes, the user above you has broken the Advanced Clause. 

------

Though, where are you attaching the monster from? Assuming it's from a monster you control for now, but because of how OCG works, you have to mention the location. Otherwise, it is nice for replenishing Xyz Materials when needed; though it is dependent on if you have a monster with a suitable Level. Most Xyz Decks will generally have something that will fit, so you'll be able to use this enough times. 

The Scale on its own is fine though; if you want to raise it to 8 like shadow mentioned, then go ahead. Bar for its Xyz attach effect, it shouldn't be dangerous enough to the point that being a S8 will screw stuff over. 

Thanks, both of you. I've edited the card some to fit your suggestions, and thanks for them! They really helped with the card, and to be honest, I kind of feel it's finished now.

As for you, @shadowliepard the name of the image is Mira the Eternal Magican. However, I'm pretty sure it's just Mila the Temporal Magician fanart. If you want to find the exact picture, I can give you the link to the site, or you can google "anime magician", and it should be one of the top results in the image tab (at the time of posting this, it's the 5th image).

Have a good day, both of you. :)

Archived