(Splices)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, for your first splice this is legitimately impressive. 

It's honestly hard to critique because there's nothing actually wrong here, no obvious shading issues, the joint between the torso and the serpentine part could be slightly smoother but even that's just nitpicking. The only thing I'd have done differently is probably introduce a third color to give the sprite some contrast. That and I'd trim the tail fin as it's too bulky as is. 

Overall a solid job.

Keep it up.  

This is hardly something I worked very hard on, a joke if anything

That's pretty genius, actually. Simplicity always makes for the best stuff with the right execution, which you seemed to have nailed with both of these. Inspiring sheet, bruh.

kgis5F7.png iQ1JMqr.png

I would like to see if anyone but Yui can identify everything I used.

...funk this turned out waaaaaay more unsettling than I originally intended.

[spoiler=I see...]Huntail, Heracross, Elgyem, Metagross, Nidoqueen, Lugia, Rhyperior and Corsola maybe? Oh and is that Mewtwo's hands?There's more but can't think of em right now. Oh, and Dragonite's belly maybe?

This is super creepy, but you made up for the creepy with blobby Satan.

HOLY sheet

Giga, how are you so good at this and how come I can't come close?

Ryan could tell you about how a few days ago I just made an off remark about forretress looking like a sideways Registeel. Turns out, it isn't looking down quite enough to work properly when turned on its side, so I layered like 5 of each section of its shell until I could scratch out the borders to find something that looks natural. Octillery is legit there out of laziness, and I am surprised the result came out so well.

The whole thing was a learning experience with scratching and shading, and if I didn't post a status with the early bits I would have saved it for the competition Night is gonna set up.

Archived