[Sakura AGM] Fantasy Wyverns (10/10)

LIGHT Wyrm-Type monsters that focus on protecting themselves and each other from being destroyed by battle or by card effects.

Xùrì the Fantasy Wyvern

Level 3 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Tuner | Effect

You can only use the effect of ¨Xùrì the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 ¨Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your hand.

1200/1500

Asahi the Fantasy Wyvern

Level 3 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Tuner | Effect

You can only use the effect of "Asahi the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Deck to your hand.

1500/1200

Tàiyáng the Fantasy Wyvern

Level 4 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect

You can only use each effect of "Tàiyáng the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower ¨Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Graveyard.

(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can destroy this card instead.

1800/1400

Hiruhi the Fantasy Wyvern

Level 4 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect

You can only use each effect of "Hiruhi the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, then send this card to the Graveyard.

(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can destroy this card instead.

1500/1700

Xīyáng the Fantasy Wyvern

Level 5 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect

You can only use each effect of "Xīyáng the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can discard 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster instead.

2100/1600

Yūhi the Fantasy Wyvern

Level 5 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect

You can only use each effect of "Yūhi the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If you control another "Fantasy Wyvern" monster except Yūhi the Fantasy Wyvern", you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can discard 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster instead.

2000/1700

Yuèguāng the High Fantasy Wyvern

Level 7 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Synchro | Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Fantasy Wyvern" monsters

You can only use each effect of "Yuèguāng the High Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can negate that card.

(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck.

2400/2300

Getsumei the High Fantasy Wyvern

Level 8 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Synchro | Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Fantasy Wyvern" monsters

You can only use each effect of "Getsumei the High Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.

(1) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can negate that card.

(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them.

2700/2500

Fantasy Wyvern Cycle

Spell | Field

You can only use 1 effect of "Fantasy Cycle" per turn, and only once that turn.

(1) You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Fantasy Wyvern" monster (from your Graveyard).

(2) You can add 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Fantasy Wyvern Restoration

Spell | Normal

(1) Target 5 "Fantasy Wyvern" cards in your Graveyard; shuffle them all into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

----

I plan to add some more support Spell/Trap Cards later, but yeah we need another Archetype Deck that isn't Yang Zing. 

----

For reference, the names are derived from Chinese/Japanese translations of morning sun, noon sun and evening sun, respectively (for the main deck). Synchro Monsters are named for moonlight.

Anyway, CnC.

Man, these members around are fricken savages. Oh well, I'll give you a Yuuji ranked review since you do help review everyone else's cards (technically only singles, but it's still reviews). Here I go~

Xuri: This card is pretty much the Goblindbergh of the archetype, except it doesn't have a Level restriction placed. The effect applies for whenever it is Summoned, so this suggests to me that it can also provide a temporary wall when it is Summoned, because it brings out another Wyvern from your hand. I don't think the restriction of not being able to Summon itself is required, because the effect is already hard OPT'ed, and that bringing out another copy of itself from your hand wouldn't be a game-changing effect.

Asahi: The Tellarknight Deneb of the deck. This suggests combos such as COTH and Oasis on your opponent's turn (or your turn) for an addition of another Fantasy Wyvern. Theoretically, if a card like this is in an archetype, then there should be a monster within the set that can Special Summon a Fantasy Wyvern from the Graveyard as well, since this card already has Tellarknight elements in it. (Xuri can be considered as Vega).

Taiyang: Lol, so I was right. This is the Altair, except with a Six Samurai effect of redirecting the destruction to itself. Like I had said with Xuri, there really isn't an issue of allowing this card to Summon itself, because each effect is already hard OPT'ed. If you're really afraid of the chain of combos that these cards can generate, then maybe place an additional Rubic effect like "This card can only be used as -insert material type- for a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster".

Hiruhi: So this card joins the group, and acts as Tellarknight Betelguese. However, unlike Betelguese, this card doesn't have the cost of discarding a member of its archetype in order to return another back to the hand. You might want to look into this, because the missing cost might be problematic by continuously returning a used monster for free. (This you would have to test on DP). Everything else is fine though.

Note: Reading your post below, I've just noticed that the effect of Taiyang can be problematic as it can revive even the Synchro monsters as well, because there is no Level restriction on it. Yueguang and Getsumi could be continuously revived if you continue to use Haruhi to return Taiyang to hand. Also, because the destruction effects ca be triggered by either players, this can lead to a complete barren field for your opponent if you Dark Hole Getsumi and use its effect to destroy 3 S/T cards. Getsumi is pretty much a Fire Lake that can also choose to protect itself or another one of the Wyvern members. I'd recommend changing Taiyang's effect to a Level 4 or lower Wyvern, because it gives it a slightly increased limitation.

Xiyang: The stats are a little high for a 2200 (Since Big Piece Golem is only a Level 5 2100 ATK and requires a NS without the tribute, and Cyber Dragon is also at 2100 ATK without additional effects). Maybe tone it down to atleast 2100 or 2000, because its additional effect does in fact protect itself. Everything else is fine aside from that.

Yuhi: Much easier to Summon and has the same protection effect as Xiyang, especially if you're going to run a pure deck like this. Again, because it's easier to Summon and make a Synchro with this card, might as well as add some sort of secondary limitation. Otherwise, you can choose to drop the ATK to a simple 2000 and it could still be marked as a pass. 

Yueguang: This card still pretty much guarantees protection when it is destroyed. Because the effect is rather similar to Taiyang, it would be in your best interest to add a different effect instead. I'm only saying this because of the protection effect from the 2 Synchros, and how that the Level 5's have a somewhat similar protection effect. Basically, if you have more than 1 Synchro monster within this archetype on the field, your opponent would have to suffer atleast a -2 if they want to remove them from the field. Not being able to be targeted or destroyed by card effects, and can negate and destroy the card that attempted removal, this really forces your opponent to find a way to destroy these guys by battle. 

Cards such as Fiendish Chain, Effect Veiler, Raigeki, Castel, Diamond Dire Wolf, and Dark Rebellion would require atleast two attempts beforehand before succeeding. However, especially since they have their secondary effects, the Synchros would still give them a final sucker punch that would force more difficulty upon them.

Getsumei: This card is the main reason for my statement above. Theoretically, if you do get this monster on the field and then your opponent somehow manages to get rid of them, they would have to deal with a Fire Lake Trigger as well as another Fantasy Wyvern being Summoned. Obviously, Taiyang is the most probable choice to bring another Synchro back. I realize that all the effects are hard OPTed, but in this case, hard OPTs aren't enough to deal with the fact that your opponent could suffer a -5 and they would still have to deal with two monsters in the end of this scenerio. It's a 2800 walking Fire Lake that is waiting to happen.

Cycle: Even if this is hard OPTed, you can still target Taiyang, or even one of the Synchros, but Taiyang is better because it still drags another Synchro out. Since it has two effects, and no cost, it makes it very problematic because you can continuously drag out resources from your Graveyard. For example, targeting Taiyang with this card would be a 2 for 1 deal, and the combo would only continue to go until your opponent manages to get banishing effects to bypass this archetype. Not only that, it is a field spell, so you can continuously use it every single turn.

Restoration: Shuffling 5 for 2 isn't anything bad. However, since this archetype focuses on dragging monsters into the Graveyard and maintaining the field advantage by using said monsters in the Graveyard, it pretty much would slow you down more. Yang Zings have path for the fact that their effects trigger when they get destroyed, allowing the user to bring out another Yang Zing. Unlike Yang Zings, this deck has a much faster engine that doesn't have to rely on your opponent destroying your monsters; You just have to continue making Synchros and Xyz so that your Graveyard builds up, and then using COTH or Oasis to bring them back for effects. This card isn;t really needed as you should be able to maintain hand size with the amount of effects from the Level 3 and 4 Wyverns.

Overall: No infinite loops, which is good. However, there is just too much Synergy between the cards that would cause your opponent to be overwhelmed. I would strongly recommend adding costs to some of them, as well as reducing stats/effects to make them more balanced.

Final rating for current archetype: 6/10.

Well, I did borrow bits and pieces from 'tellarknights in designing them (although with staggered levels), but looking at it, I could probably remove the restriction on its summon. I think that was still a carryover from earlier versions when one of the others was a Level 4 Tuner. Then again, it sets up for either of the two Synchros or whatever generic Level 7/8 you want, but that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Taiyang could get the SS restriction removed as well (but yeah, the idea is you can revive either the bosses or other stuff; heck, even revive Xuri/Asahi for more Synchro stuff). Unlike Altair, they don't have an attack lock; though, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Although, one thing they don't have is an easy way to search their own support Spell/Trap Cards (Cycle is supposed to be a Field Spell though; might've mistyped).

I'll just leave the change log here:

CHANGELOG

• Removed limiters on Xuri/Asahi
  • Getsumei's destruction effect lowered to 2 cards, Yueguang's float effect changed to bouncing stuff (and 100 points are swapped between their respective stats; lowered ATK but upped DEF)
  • Taiyang limited to Level 4 and under monsters.
  • Hiruhi now sends itself to the Graveyard after searching. 

----

As for Restoration, it's generally intended to recycle resources if you run out of Fantasy Wyverns (or Hiruhi to recover them); though you probably won't most of the time. Part of me wants to change that or Cycle to get some way to revive the higher Level ones now that Taiyang has some more restrictions, but there should be enough generic revival for them to use otherwise. I'll just change the Synchros to not blow up the cards they negated (though S/Ts will still go there anyway).

Yazi is still a viable target for these guys too, at least for anything not named the Extra. 

I was going to add more S/T, but I think they'll be fine as-is. 

(I'll probably make more edits later on, but general idea is to still keep these competitive enough while not pushing them over the edge.)

I'll just leave the change log here:

CHANGELOG

• Removed limiters on Xuri/Asahi
  • Getsumei's destruction effect lowered to 2 cards, Yueguang's float effect changed to bouncing stuff (and 100 points are swapped between their respective stats; lowered ATK but upped DEF)
  • Taiyang limited to Level 4 and under monsters.
  • Hiruhi now sends itself to the Graveyard after searching. 

----

As for Restoration, it's generally intended to recycle resources if you run out of Fantasy Wyverns (or Hiruhi to recover them); though you probably won't most of the time. Part of me wants to change that or Cycle to get some way to revive the higher Level ones now that Taiyang has some more restrictions, but there should be enough generic revival for them to use otherwise. I'll just change the Synchros to not blow up the cards they negated (though S/Ts will still go there anyway).

Yazi is still a viable target for these guys too, at least for anything not named the Extra. 

I was going to add more S/T, but I think they'll be fine as-is. 

(I'll probably make more edits later on, but general idea is to still keep these competitive enough while not pushing them over the edge.)

Yuuji's mini bonus CnC:

Re-read the effects of all the cards, edited and non-edited. 

Taiyang should be balanced now. Level 4 or lower prevents abuse of the higher Leveled Wyverns. 

Hiruhi speeds up the engine to use Restoration, which now is a more viable choice.

The reduced stats by 100 makes the higher Leveled Wyverns look less overbearing.

Yueguang's second effect looks a lot better now. The increased variety of effects, as long as they maintain their theme, makes it a lot more interesting.

Getsumei seems more fair now, as opposed to its original fire lake effect. Icarus Attack isn't as bad as Fire Lake, but maybe an additional cost can be added here.

I still think the search effect of Cycle should be limited to the deck. After all, you're looking to promote the use of restoration. Deck or Graveyard still feels like its too much, and maybe adding a cost such as pay LP x100 equal to the added monster's Level makes it look better. You can even then add a minor float effect.

Restoration is as fine as it is.

Final rating for 1st CHANGELOG edits: 8/10.

Archived