So Duel Monsters likes to get a little faster with every generation – here’s something to capitalize on Pendulum Monsters that should also serve to increase duel speed. EDIT:  Finally got a visual to put up! Check the card description tab. Oh, and uh, if possible; could someone take out the (Written) part of the topic title?  Pretty-please?  :D

[spoiler=Card Description]Aside from the color, there isn't much more difference between a Blitz Monster and a Pendulum Monster.  Though they lack the Spell Card lower-half and boxes for Pendulum Scale, they have a Pendulum Effect box that lists their Class in Roman Numerals opaque on the box's transparency, with foiling as appropriate for the card's rarity.  Below that continues as normal; type listing, effect, ATK & DEF, etc.  Name goes in the usual place with the BLITZ designation replacing monster Attribute, though there will be nothing where a monster's Level / Rank usually go. Also, the card face's border will be a distinct tan color.

X004ptu.png

Here are their rulings so far (sorry if it seems jumbled):

1.       Blitz Monsters are Extra Deck monsters. They go face-down in the Extra Deck just like any Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster.

2.       Blitz Monsters have neither Level nor Rank; they instead have Class. They also lack an Attribute, but possess Types; all Blitz Monsters are Blitz Type in addition to other listed Types (i.e.: [ Warrior / Blitz / Effect ] or [ Spellcaster / Pendulum / Blitz / Effect ] ). For the purposes of Card Effects, Blitz Monsters are considered Monster Cards and have ATK & DEF.

3.       Blitz Monsters have effects as Monster Cards do, which can be activated/negated as a monster on the field.

4.       Blitz Monsters are Blitz Summoned by adding up the Pendulum Scale of 2 face-up Pendulum Cards you control in the Pendulum Zones, summoning a Blitz Monster with a Class equal to the total, and THEN placing those 2 Pendulum Cards face-up in the Extra Deck.

5.       You can Blitz Summon as many times as possible each turn; Blitz Summons are considered a form of Special Summon and may be negated / chained to as such.

6.       When Summoned, Blitz Monsters go face-up in the Blitz Zones.  The Blitz Zone is a two-zone area in front of the Monster Zones. Monsters in the Blitz Zones can attack monsters in both the Blitz and Monster Zones, however, monsters in the Monster Zones can only attack other Monster Zone monsters if there are no cards in their opponent’s Blitz Zones. If there are, monsters in the Monster Zones can only declare attacks against Blitz Monsters while there are Blitz Monsters on the opponent’s side of the field. Furthermore; Blitz Monsters may ONLY be Summoned to the Blitz Zones, unless a card effect would place them in the Spell/Trap Card zones. Card effects specifically targeting Monster Zones do NOT target Blitz Zones. Blitz Monsters may only attack directly if your opponent controls no monsters on their side of the field (Blitz or otherwise) unless a card effect would allow them to do so.

7.       Blitz Monsters may be Summoned face-up in either Attack or Defense Position, though cannot be Set except by card effect. When destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, Blitz Monsters go face-up in the Extra Deck. So long as you control 2 Pendulum Monsters with combined Pendulum Scale equal to the Class of a Blitz Monster that is face-up in your Extra Deck, you may Pendulum Summon that Blitz Monster to your Blitz Zones. Blitz Monsters that are returned to the hand or shuffled in to the Deck are returned face-down in to the Extra Deck, though a Blitz Monster that is banished is removed from play normally. If a card effect targeting a Blitz Monster would send it to the Graveyard without destroying it or Tribute it, that Blitz Monster is sent to the Graveyard as normal. Furthermore, if you Tribute a Blitz Monster for a Tribute Summon, it does NOT go face-up in the Extra Deck, and instead goes to the Graveyard as most other Monster Cards. Blitz Monsters cannot be used as Ritual, Overlay or Tuning Material because they lack a Level, but can be given a Level by card effect (i.e.; “Increase the targeted monster’s Level by 1.”) Blitz Monsters CAN be used as Material for a Fusion Summon. A Blitz Monster that would be sent to the Graveyard as part of a Fusion Summon, Synchro Summon, Ritual Summon, or from being detached as Xyz Material, instead goes face-up in the Extra Deck and may be Pendulum Summoned as normal that turn.

[spoiler=Card Zone Visual]4Xa30kn.png

It is an interesting concept. What would the class look like (different colored stars from level/rank or something else?). Where would the class be shown on the card? The addition of 5 more zones is a bit much, IMO. Maybe consider having 2 instead of 5 and they are the same zones as pendulum. That would answer for the blitz monsters not being valid atk targets by other kinds of monsters. Just a thought. I do like how much thought you put into the concept. Maybe you could post an example?

If you can give me a detailed description of the card, I might be able to make a template for you

Thanks for the feedback!

So - yeah, five new zones is a bit much.  I took it down to 2, but I'd like to keep Blitz Monsters in their own Zone so as to avoid getting them confused for some new type of Pendulum monster by players who are out of the loop (unless I read your post wrong, then I'm sorry for being a dumb D: )

I'm glad you're interested in my Blitz Monsters - above I've modified my post with a visual update showing the Blitz Template as I have it in my head AND the Blitz Zones template listed below.  Hope you like it, and I wouldn't mind seeing if you can improve upon my design at all!  xD

This is cool! I like how your Blitz monsters protect your other monsters. I like everything about them! But maybe, if your going to make a game mat with the Blitz zones, maybe you could make it wider instead, like this:

Field              Blitz            Monster       Monster      Monster      Monster      Monster      Blitz      Graveyard

Extra Deck    Pendulum  Spell/Trap   Spell/Trap    Spell/Trap   Spell/Trap   Spell/Trap  Pendulum   Deck

But I still think everything else is good and well balanced.

Archived