Maha-Seshas, the Rivalry worthy Wyrms (Written, 5/5)

Dokutah

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pioneers

Level 8 / LIGHT

Wyrm / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. While you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. When this card is Normal Summoned: For next 4 of your turns, you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type monsters from face-up in your Extra Deck. This card's Tribute Summon cannot be negated.

[spoiler=Old Wording]

Must first be Normal Summoned. While you control no Monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tribute. You can use 1 or more Monster(s) your opponent control that was battled with "Maha-Sesha" Monsters your own as Tribute to Normal Summon this card.

2500 ATK / 3000 DEF

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Prodigies

Level 9 / LIGHT

Wyrm / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by monster effects that don't target. When this card is Normal Summoned: For next 3 of your turns, you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type monsters from your Graveyard. This card's Summon cannot be negated if you Tribute Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pioneers".

[spoiler=Old Wording]

Must first be Normal Summoned. You can use 1 or more Monster(s) your opponent control that was battled with "Maha-Sesha" Monsters your own as Tribute to Normal Summon this card. This card is Unaffected by Monster effect that doesn't Target. when this card is Normal Summoned: for the rest of the Duel you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type Monster from your Graveyard. This card Summon and Effect(s) cannot be Negated if you Normal Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pioneers as 1 of its Tributes.

3000 ATK / 3500 DEF

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Potentates

Level 10 / LIGHT

Wyrm / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by Spell and monster effects that don't target. When this card is Normal Summoned: For next 2 of your turns, you can Normal Summon your banished Wyrm-Type monsters. This card's Summon cannot be negated if you Tribute Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Prodigies".

[spoiler=Old Wording]

Must first be Normal Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more Monster(s) your opponent control that was battled with "Maha-Sesha" Monsters your own as Tribute to Normal Summon this card.This card is Unaffected by Spell and Monster Effect(s) that doesn't Target. when this card is Normal Summoned: for the rest of the Duel You can Normal summon your Banished Wyrm-Type Monster(s). This card Summon and Effect(s) cannot be Negated if you Normal Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Prodigies" as 1 of its Tributes.

3500 ATK / 4000 DEF

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Providence

Level 11 / LIGHT

Wyrm / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes including at least 1 Normal Summoned Wyrm-Type monster(s) you control  to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by Spell, Trap and monster effects that don't target. When this card is Normal Summoned: During your next turn, you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type monsters from your Deck. This card's Summon cannot be negated if you Tribute Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Potentates".

[spoiler=Old Wording]

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more Monster(s) your opponent control that was battled with "Maha-Sesha" Monsters your own as Tribute to Normal Summon this card.This card is Unaffected by card Effect(s) that doesn't Target. when this card is Normal Summoned: for the rest of the Duel you can Normal summon Wyrm-Type Monster(s) from your Deck. This card Summon and Effect(s) cannot be Negated if you Normal Summon this card using Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Potentates" as 1 of its Tributes.

4000 ATK / 4500 DEF

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pantheism

Level 12 / LIGHT

Wyrm / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes including at least 1 "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Providence" you control to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by other card's effects that do not target this card, and only this card. (on progress). This card's Summon cannot be negated

[spoiler=Old Wording]

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes including at least 1 "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Providence" you control to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more Monster(s) your opponent control that was battled with "Maha-Sesha" Monsters your own as Tribute to Normal Summon this card. When this card is Normal Summoned: This card and Normal Summoned Wrym-Type Monster you currently control is Unaffected by card Effect(s) that doesn't Target exactly 1 of them respectively and no other cards (this effect applies even if this card is leaves the field). Also for the rest of the Duel you can Normal summon Wyrm-Type Pendulum Monster(s) from your Extra Deck . This card Summon cannot be Negated

4500 ATK / 5000 DEF

1 of Series/Archetype in my fan-fiction version of Yu Gi Oh that intended to use by Protagonist's rival (and yes its basically a Wrym version of Blue-Eyes, CyDra's, RDA's, and ETC...sorta). a series of Pseudo-Semi-Nomi and Pseudo-Nomi monsters with gimmick is to man-up Normal Summons as possible as game progress by actually enable you to Normal Summon from other than your hand, which facilitate the summoning of stronger forms.

Before I review these, question. Must first be Normal Summoned...before what? Before it can be Special Summoned? Before it can be Set? It needs to clarify in the card text what it can't do.

[spoiler=reply]

ah yes

that part is me experimenting with semi-nomi clause...just like all Fusion (barring the Nomi ones) monster that actually need to be Fusion Summoned properly first to be able to special summoned by any other method when its some how removed while still be come public knowledge (sent to grave, banished face-up) without resetting the fact its was properly summoned (banished face down, return to ED, and Set[?])

the idea is if this card is sent to graveyard from your hand (which in this case, this card is under condition that its not been Normal summoned properly first) it can't be CoTH-ed ...its a different story that this card on the field that manage to normal summoned first its sent to graveyard then you can summoned it with CoTH, Oasis, and any revival card you like. basically kinda similar to OG Felgrand minus the long wording

and by that logic, unless i,m wrong it cannot be set from your hand and maybe cannot be flip summoned. although there some argument within YCM (Black mention it if i not mistaken) that setting this card on the field won't get rid that condition that its properly normal summoned since its already a public knowledge and thus can be flip summoned again (unless Shifting Shadow is in play...which is stupid)

I understand how it works, just needed clarification. In that case, add "Cannot be Special Summoned/Set." before the "Must first be Normal Summoned." (See Apoqliphort Towers) As I said, you have to say on the card what you cannot do. Even Semi-Nomi monsters have "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be..."

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pioneers

OCG Fix: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. While you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card.

Sets the base for the archetype, I can see the theme being built up. Not much on its own, as it's Wyrm and the effect hints at what is to come.

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Prodigies

OCG Fix: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by monster effects that don't target. When this card is Normal Summoned: For the rest of the Duel, you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type monsters from your Graveyard. This card's Summon and effect(s) cannot be negated if you Tribute Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pioneers".

Just for future cards, your mistakes with the Grammar just seem to be with capitalization, and otherwise is mostly fine. Speaking of the card itself NO. Yes, it is relatively hard to get out the card that makes this card's Summon and effect unegatable, but whole duel effects are INCREDIBLY annoying, and don't really herald good design. I mean, if I'm doing badly I can just Foolish Burial a Wyrm and then I can use that as a wall even if I draw no monsters. I would say limit the effect a lot more, but "duel" effects aren't really that liked, so maybe just go with another form of Summoning from your Graveyard. Perhaps limit it to 3 turns? Protection effect is fine, considering quite a few monster effects target, but some of the more powerful ones don't.

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Potentates

OCG Fix: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by Spell and monster effects that don't target. When this card is Normal Summoned: For the rest of the Duel, you can Normal Summon your banished Wyrm-Type monsters. This card's Summon and effect(s) cannot be negated if you Tribute Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Prodigies".

Basically the above card, possible even weaker, considering this deck doesn't like to banish, but it has that spell protection. I was hoping to see some elaboration on the whole "battle" effect, but I guess since your opponent has to beat over these stronger monsters, that will inevitably happen. Change the Normal Summon from banish effect the same way as whatever you did to the previous monster(s), and the effect/Summon protection is fine. Although the Normal Summon effects are powerful, the cards themselves seem slow. I feel like they're missing something.

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Providence

OCG Fix: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. This card is unaffected by Spell, Trap and monster effects that don't target. When this card is Normal Summoned: For the rest of the Duel, you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type monsters from your Deck. This card's Summon and effect(s) cannot be negated if you Tribute Summon this card using "Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Potentates".

Alright, no. NO SUMMONING FROM DECK DURING THE DUEL. It's hard to just Summon from your Deck, and this card allows you to basically play whatever you want, whereas most cards have restrictions. This deck actually makes Double Summon playable with these whole "Duel" restrictions, considering how easily with an old Monarch engine you can Tribute Summon these guys relatively fast. The Protection has finally reached OTT levels, and you need to nerf the card as a whole somehow. Perhaps can only be Summoned with Wyrm-Type tributes? Also, I don't think these guys should be able to be Special Summoned. Ever. Just Normal Summon this guy the CotH it back if your opponent somehow ever manages to beat over it. This archetype really is getting OP.

Maha-Sesha, Supremacy of Naga Pantheism

OCG Fix: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon. You can use 1 or more monster(s) your opponent control that have battled with a "Maha-Sesha" monster(s) you controlled as Tributes to Normal Summon this card. When this card is Normal Summoned: Normal Summoned Wyrm-Type monsters you control are unaffected by other card's effects that do not target them, and only them, also for the rest of the Duel, you can Normal Summon Wyrm-Type monsters from face-up in your Extra Deck. This card's Summon cannot be negated.

Now this archetype just seems all over the place. I feel like I'm missing very crucial cards, but even so, this last card should be in OP cards. I mean really, how on earth can you beat over this card without Moon Mirror Shield, Honest or OTK.dek? The face-up in the Extra Deck along with the banish effect are both completely useless inside these cards, considering Wyrms don't have too many Pends and don't banish themselves.

The idea is certainly interesting, and I could say unique, but near the end you started going all out (I would know). Try to find a way of making it more interesting and not completely OTT.

actually i did put "Nomi" clause to Providence and Pantheism.

but still fair enough...adjustment is on progress

Partial Update:

1) Normal extender effect of of Pantheism is switched to Pioneer instead. and getting buff of conditional un-negate-able summon too

2) Normal extender effect is nerfed to be turn count based

3) remove un-negate-able effect of tributing its members

4) Providence and Pantheism cannot be special summoned at all (reconfirm). incorporating Dova OCG fix with old wording for Providence and Pantheism "Specific" way of tribute summon (fitting to their level too). they should be a bit harder to get out (in tandem i can give them more "interesting effect" especially for now rather bland Pantheism after its normal extender is switched)

Ok... So here I go.

Pioneers: So it's a Level 9 that can be NSed for free if you control no monsters... Okay. The second effect, although potentially useful, requires two of your opponent's monsters to battle with one of these guys in order to become valid tributes, as only 1 monster isn't enough. Honestly, a skilled player can easily outplay this Deck Never mind, I just realized that this gets pretty deadly as these monsters only require 1 of the opponent's monsters to be tributed in order to get Summoned. I'm somewhat conflicted about this archetype already because this means that you'll be able to get rid of one of your opponent's monsters almost each time you're able to Tribute Summon one of these monsters. Also, the next effect of NSing face-up monsters from the Extra Deck is very awkward. This suggests that the only valid targets being Pendulums, and I think Yang Zing has two Wyrms that are able to satisfy this category. So the Tribute Summon cannot be negated either. Hm.

Prodigies: So this card it is either 2 of your monsters or just one of your opponent's monsters? Not only that, it's a generic Level 8 with 3000 ATK and 3500 DEF? So it's unaffected by monster effects that do not target as well. And what the heck is the last effect? I have no idea as to how you will Normal Summon monsters from your Graveyard, but if it's allowing tributing from the Graveyard, then using this with Escalation of the Monarchs is pretty ridiculous. 

Potentates: ...What the hell. It's either 3 of your monsters or only 1 of your opponent's monsters. Not only that, after you NS it, you can COTH or Soul Charge for armies of 3500 ATK and 4000 DEF beatsticks. Never mind, the "Must be first Summoned" part got to me, because I started thinking them in likeness with Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning.The last effect is pretty stupid though. Tributing from the banished? Screw using the Edea/Eidos combo, because I can just splash these cards into Monarchs and rely on Pantheism to fetch Escalation, and the duel is pretty much mine from there. If your opponent attacks, they'll be screwed over as you can just tribute a new Wyrm, using their monster.

Providence: Re-thinking on the archetype, it might be somewhat balanced if there's no more support. So providence requires you to sack atleast one Wyrm... alright. However, I should point out that I can just place this card into a Yang-Zing Deck and start Nsing 4000 ATK beatsticks. What... Now it's allowed NSing Wyrms from the Deck? Alright... So it's also unaffected by S/T or monster effects that don't target. Hm, alright.

Pantheism: I guess with the allowing of NS from nearly anywhere, this card wouldn't be that hard to get out. The protection wording is still very awkward, and I think it's redundant for cards like these to have the required monster plus the second aprt of using one or more of your opponent's monsters to Tribute Summon. Since it's still in progress, I can't exactly give it a detailed review.

Final Rating: 5.5/10. The wording is very awkward for almost all the cards. Aside from the Tribute wording, the protection wording is very painful for experienced YGO players to comprehend. Not only that, the Tributing effects were very confusing as I had to read it a numerous amount of times in order to understand how it actually works. I can't give an exact grade on it's power, but against the current meta, it might not stand too much of a chance as long as your opponent kills the Wyrm before it hits the field via card effects. Aside from that, the extra Normal Summoning from nearly anywhere is rather unappealing because it seems messy.

Ok... So here I go.

Pioneers: So it's a Level 9 that can be NSed for free if you control no monsters... Okay. The second effect, although potentially useful, requires two of your opponent's monsters to battle with one of these guys in order to become valid tributes, as only 1 monster isn't enough. Honestly, a skilled player can easily outplay this Deck Never mind, I just realized that this gets pretty deadly as these monsters only require 1 of the opponent's monsters to be tributed in order to get Summoned. I'm somewhat conflicted about this archetype already because this means that you'll be able to get rid of one of your opponent's monsters almost each time you're able to Tribute Summon one of these monsters. Also, the next effect of NSing face-up monsters from the Extra Deck is very awkward. This suggests that the only valid targets being Pendulums, and I think Yang Zing has two Wyrms that are able to satisfy this category. So the Tribute Summon cannot be negated either. Hm.

Pantheism: I guess with the allowing of NS from nearly anywhere, this card wouldn't be that hard to get out. The protection wording is still very awkward, and I think it's redundant for cards like these to have the required monster plus the second aprt of using one or more of your opponent's monsters to Tribute Summon. Since it's still in progress, I can't exactly give it a detailed review.

1) Kaiju-esque tribute subtitute is still bound to the very rule of tribute summoning properly. its more like: if i could, i can use 1 of your monster and 1 of mine to tribute a 2-Tribute dudes, or if either i'm lucky or hard core enough i can Tribute 2 of your monsters instead to fulfill it normal requirement

2) Normal Summon Extender is basically my attempt to pace-up Normal Summoning against current meta of Special Happy Summon (i'm aware it its golden age Qli does similar thing in Horrific way, though not generically). as the logic, it originate when i'm observing Gemini monster that allow Normal Summoning ON FIELD (barring the tribute rulling it ignore) from that..."if Normal/Tribute Summoning is only matter of placing normal summon-able Monster from 1 place to the field as long  is not conflicting to much with the very ruling of Normal Summoning...then i can simply extend the origin of monster to other places, just like geminis extend its normal summoning to occur on field too"

3)Pantheism protection is basically: as long it don't exactly target me i don't give a damn. example: lets say i have each above Maha-sesha. while opponent control card with this effect:

" target 1 Monster on your field, other Monsters on either side of the field other than the Target have its effects negated"

it target his ace monster (obviously). then all of my Maha-Sesha got its effect negated since it allow it due to that card effect require to target....except my Pantheism, which only allow negation to happen if its directly targeted (like from effect of Fiendish Chain)

Archived