[Leaderboard] Dova vs. AsdfDuelist (Cards are up)

Dova

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 72 hours to submit their entries. (PM me if you want more time.)
-The contest ends 2 weeks after it starts.

Requirement:
-Retrain one of the old Field Spells that just gives a certain Type(s)/Attribute(s) just a plain ATK/DEF boost.
Examples: Wetlands, Mystic Plasma Zone, Yami

Card A:

Corrupted Plasma Zone
[ Spell / Field ]
All DARK monsters on your side of the field gain 500 ATK. If this card is activated while you control a face-up DARK monster(s): You can add 1 DARK monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by a card effect: You can target 1 of your banished DARK monsters; add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Corrupted Plasma Zone" per turn.

Card B:

Spark of the Final Light
[ Spell / Field ]
All LIGHT monsters gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, if a LIGHT monster you control attacks an opponent's monster: Your monster gains ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, until the end of this turn. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 LIGHT monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but it is destroyed during the End Phase. You cannot Special Summon other monsters with the same name as that monster the same turn you activate this effect. If you activate a Field Spell while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish that card; place this card in the Field Spell Zone, but banish it when it leaves the field.

Card A is ridiculous. Searching any DARK monster is both far too powerful and far too generic for the ease of accessing the effect (it is a Field Spell, that is, easily searchable, and the condition for this effect might as well not exist). And on top of that, it floats? Sorry, but far too abusable in the right Decks, and the hard OPT does not fix it. The ATK boost doesn't even extend to the whole field. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Card B by virtue of not being ridiculous gets my vote. It has a very fair effect, both OPT and mandatory, but useful nonetheless because it's essentially Honest for your attacks only. The float isn't really needed imo (perhaps too much considering it can return to the field for a second float?), but it has a fair share of restrictions so whatever (maybe, not really). Although I'm not sure what the Special Summoning restriction is supposed to be directed at since I'm just thinking about this card in Kozmo for now, due to the End Phase destruction. And the last effect I just really like and find innovative.

Card A is ridiculous. Searching any DARK monster is both far too powerful and far too generic for the ease of accessing the effect (it is a Field Spell, that is, easily searchable, and the condition for this effect might as well not exist). And on top of that, it floats? Sorry, but far too abusable in the right Decks, and the hard OPT does not fix it. The ATK boost doesn't even extend to the whole field. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Card B by virtue of not being ridiculous gets my vote. It has a very fair effect, both OPT and mandatory, but useful nonetheless because it's essentially Honest for your attacks only. The float isn't really needed imo (perhaps too much considering it can return to the field for a second float?), but it has a fair share of restrictions so whatever (maybe, not really). Although I'm not sure what the Special Summoning restriction is supposed to be directed at since I'm just thinking about this card in Kozmo for now, due to the End Phase destruction. And the last effect I just really like and find innovative.

Can Yuuji pet you? =3

Ahem. So based on my own judgment; I'll also have to go with Card B due to the following analysis:

Card A: It was interesting, nonetheless, for a Field Spell to be re-trained so that it only applied to your monsters (Generic Field Spells lack in this area, and archetype Field Spells are restricted to that specific set usually). The next effect would be okay if it was just limited to adding a Dark monster from your Deck when you already control 1. Then again, PK and BA get a boost that isn't really needed considering how well they're faring in the current meta. It could also be beneficial for Dark World monsters as well, considering they can pull off some nice combos with this card and Gates. Blackwings benefit off this too.

The float effect wasn't really necessary, but I suppose that it does help off the archetypes mentioned above, although the 2/3 mentioned don't really need it. Aside from benefiting PK, Decks that still use DAD can also find it helpful I guess. I guess it can still be fair that it adds to your hand instead of SS, albeit a little too easy to be comfortable.

Card B: So it starts off by boosting all Light monsters. Okay. The next effect is a rather nice bonus as it is a OPT Honest on the attack, allowing your Light monster to plow through one of your opponent's monsters (Devastating with Kozmo Farmgirl). So the destruction of this card via card effect allows the SS of a destroyed Light in your Graveyard, and also a side limiter that prevents the SS of the same monster.

The last effect is... Okay I guess? It's certainly unique in it's way of being able to revive itself, and makes it harder for your opponent to keep this card off of the field (but you'll have to run more Field Spell cards, which could in turn lead to reduced consistency). Theoretically, you can use this card twice for the float if the conditions were right, but the amount of cards required to pull the combo off makes it not as devastating.

It's mainly for the fact that Card A does its job better at benefiting the Dark archetypes/decks and helps pull cards like DAD out easier, but does its job too much. Card B isn't bad in any ways, but it kind of benefits Tellars more than any other Deck I can think of at the moment. Maybe Melodious as well, but mainly Tellars, and it isn't really a forceful card that your opponent can't play arounf.

Card B just isn't as useful as Card A., but we're talking about making a balanced card, Card B does it.

EDIT: Did Card A change? I thought that the float effect applied whenever it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, or did I initially read it wrong?

Archived