Make YCM Great Again

More trollposts in Misc, General getting a lot more heated, etc

Don't sell yourself short

You've certainly had an impact, whether positive or not is subjective

If I didn't sell myself short, you'd probably go ahead and find flaw in that, too.

Honestly, leave me alone.

We should basically make all the new members where some sort of certification when they come through customs.

wear*? 

But yeah, everyone starts in custom cards and then moves to another section (or switches between them constantly).

Even though this might be biased, I wonder if we should make the new members do anything. Better to make it easier on them to keep them active than scare them off.

This topic is going on longer then I expected, so here is what I have to say:

Casual=Inexperienced

Advanced=Experienced

Neg. REPS=Downfall

Basically, just because they are a new member doesn't mean they don't have a place in YCM. A new member could be the current YGO Champion, and we call him a noob because he is new? First, see what the new member can do, then take action.

Neg. REPS is a bad idea. You say it could stop trolls or punish them, but what happens when trolls start Neg. REPPING people who did nothing but post something? Also, like y'all said before, it can start a downfall.

Basically, just because they are a new member doesn't mean they don't have a place in YCM. A new member could be the current YGO Champion, and we call him a noob because he is new? First, see what the new member can do, then take action.

Neg. REPS is a bad idea. You say it could stop trolls or punish them, but what happens when trolls start Neg. REPPING people who did nothing but post something? Also, like y'all said before, it can start a downfall.

Things were a lot worse a couple years ago when people revenge negged the heck out of each other (and yes, there was actually a thread where people could have their negs removed). Back then, they could be removed by a Super Mod b/c MyBB gave that option; here, you don't have that luxury. Once you got negged, that's it. 

Be lucky you weren't around during that time. 

Nega reps should be disabled,  since positive things makes motivation, while negative ones result in downfall.....

They've been disabled for quite a while now, and I highly doubt we will be getting them back for reasons already mentioned. I believe evilfusion addressed this as far back as 2014. 

We did have some members who actually LIKED negs (if you paid attention to the Easter egg hints, one of those members was mentioned), but that's another story.

I don't agree 100 percent about this statement since Casual cards also needs design to create, and sometimes more unique than their Advanced counterpart....., and some of the experienced ten to visit it.......

Casual requires that a person grades on general design, and not whether it can actually function in whatever metagame Konami decided to shove in our faces this list. So yes, one can argue that it does require a bit more finesse to grade in there (or least keep in mind that other combos exist that would otherwise falter in the current competitive state). However, the same standards of reviewing in Advanced translate over; you actually need substance in your posts and have adequate knowledge of card design. 

You don't have to be a master card maker to go into Advanced, but just realize that the design standards are higher and WILL factor the metagame to an extent, whether one likes it or not. Conversely, you don't have to be a new card maker to go into Casual; even veterans use it if they want to (but mostly for getting back into the swing of things if they've been out for too long). 

Archived