More "rewards" for creating (balanced) archetypes

I mean, creating 15+ cards that work well with each other isn't that easy, so I think that some rewards are needed for people that took their time to refine their archetype (unlike me ;-;). Also, the rewards would give people more motivation to create cards.

The rewards that could be implemented.

1. "Hall of Fame" system, kinda like "Best archetype of the month" and etc.

2. Give points + reps.

3. Others.

So...yeah, please consider this.

I mean, creating 15+ cards that work well with each other isn't that easy, so I think that some rewards are needed for people that took their time to refine their archetype (unlike me ;-;). Also, the rewards would give people more motivation to create cards.

I'm sorry, but I don't like that statement. I feel one should make and refine archetypes not for a rewards, but for the sake of creating them. I know making archetypes is tough, and quite often it can feel like it was for nothing, but I look at some of the cards I made, and I feel glad that I made them for the sake of making them. For example, my Hellscape cards. They only got one review, and not that much attention, but I was so happy that I had made them and later adjusted them because I had enjoyed the process of creating them, making them interesting, and bringing those ideas into the real world along with their balance.

A Hall of Fame is a great idea, and it can encourage new creators, but I feel the reason should not be that people need the reward of going up there.

/dovarant

I'm sorry, but I don't like that statement. I feel one should make and refine archetypes not for a rewards, but for the sake of creating them. I know making archetypes is tough, and quite often it can feel like it was for nothing, but I look at some of the cards I made, and I feel glad that I made them for the sake of making them. For example, my Hellscape cards. They only got one review, and not that much attention, but I was so happy that I had made them and later adjusted them because I had enjoyed the process of creating them, making them interesting, and bringing those ideas into the real world along with their balance.

A Hall of Fame is a great idea, and it can encourage new creators, but I feel the reason should not be that people need the reward of going up there.

/dovarant

True, but I think that you took that statement a bit differently than what I'm trying to actually say, since I did say "more motivation", NOT "motivation". It's just an added bonus, not something that should be the main reason for creating cards.

Fair enough. I vote for this.

As to how to pull it off...well...it would be easy enough having a set of the month, but the question is how to choose it. Perhaps a vote done in the last week of every month by users?

Archived