[Leaderboard] Dova vs. AsdfDuelist (Closed)

Dova

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:
-Create a Ritual Monster that can be Summoned with an existing Ritual Spell.

Card A:

Amorphactor Nightmare, the Illusion Dracoverlord
DARK - Level 8 - Dragon/Ritual/Effect - 2500/2950

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Amorphous Persona". This card's name becomes "Amorphactor Pain, the Imagination Dracoverlord" while in your hand, Graveyard, or face-up on the field. You can discard this card; add 1 "Amorphage" card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target cards on the field, up to the number of face-up "Amorphage" cards you control; destroy them. While "Amorphous Persona" is face-up on your side of the field; all face-up "Amorphage" cards you control cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effect. You can only use each effects of "Amorphactor Nightmare, the Illusion Dracoverlord" once per turn.

Card B:

Chaos Embodiment - Envoy of Armageddon

LIGHT - Level 8 - Warrior/Ritual/Effect - 3000/2500

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Chaos Form". Must first be Ritual Summoned by using a LIGHT and/or DARK monster(s). If 2 or more monsters with different Attributes were used to Summon this card: This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. This card gains 500 ATK for each of your banished monsters with the same Attribute as the monster(s) used to Summon this card. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battle an opponent's monster: banish it. Once per turn: You can target 1 of your banished LIGHT or DARK monsters; return the first target to the Graveyard, and, if you do, banish 1 card on the field. You can only control 1 "Chaos Embodiment - Envoy of Armageddon".

Since you asked, might as well vote. 

When I looked at card A, I initially thought "this isn't going to work since it's not Amorphactor Psycho/Pain" (I'm used to its JP name, so if I say Psycho, you get it), but since it has that condition that treats its name as such, it's fine. I like it for being able to search more Amorphages; something that they need a bit of help in the speed department with; outside of Infection and Persona (and that's only if you Tribute stuff). One thing that is a slight turn off is its multiple destruction effect, especially if one has a full field up; from some play runs, usually a couple copies of Infection/Lysis, Scales and maybe 1-2 monsters for later force Tribute fodder; might not be an ideal / likely set up though, but it still exists. Then again, it prevents you from getting Castel'd and stuff (despite the existence of non-targeting removal nowadays), so in all, it's nice. Again, only issue I have with this card is the heavy amount of effect removal it can pull off on summoning, but taking into consideration Persona's condition in the first place (or use of Odd-Eyes Advent), I guess that it works out to an extent.

B is another target for Chaos Form (really, you would've expected Yugi to get an eligible target for himself in the movie pack but guess not; ah well, guess he has one now). I would see this at its best with the new Twilight Knights that came out in DOCS/retrained BLS; banish both of them (well, given Chaos Max's exactness with Levels and this card's own condition on its Ritual), you can trigger stuff and opponent is forced to kill this in battle. You're not going to get the added protection, but you can still retrieve more Rituals and stuff. Or really, in Chaos.dek (with those two Level 4s that I can't remember the names of at this time), assuming they have the space. It's also a stronger version of DMoC/Catastor in terms of banishing; something I'm not exactly comfortable with. Then again, it also lets you recycle banished fodder for stuff for non-targeting removal. While getting around targeting protection is indeed nice, I think Chaos decks nowadays would find other ways to abuse this. 

----

Voting for A. 

I like both of the cards, but I have more concerns about B than I do with A (but the multiple destruction thing is likely offset by the difficulty of even getting off Persona in the Graveyard or using Advent).

I'm voting for A.

Card A is more fair in terms of generating speed, controlling the field, as well as supporting other Amorphages without making them nearly impossible to remove. Each effect is also limited by a hard OPT, as well as bearing fair stats. 

I personally have nothing against the removal ability. After all, the effect requires targeting, making it susceptible for effects to be chained upon the activation. There is a slight worry with the amount of cards being removed by the effect, but considering that a lot of Decks nowadays have some sort of float effect in the case of being destroyed or being sent to the Graveyard, I don't see anything too red-flagfish here.

Card B is... Way too overpowered. Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX was already a fairly debatable monster, but this thing makes it look like a cream puff if you pull off the DARK and LIGHT monster correctly. Not only does it have protection, it also carries a continuous effect that can boost itself to 4000 on the spot, if not more.

The effect after that isn't anything too outstanding, so I won't discuss anything about that. However, the last effect is the one that really labels it as broken. A non-targeting removal with the possibility of allowing a card that banishes itself to trigger an effect be recycled is way too much.

Therefore, since Card A is more fair as opposed to B, I'm voting for A.

Archived