Meat Grinder (my personal control deck)

Hello everyone. I've been working on a certain deck that I had thought up for a while now, and I think that it is good enough now that it can be used in local tournaments. It's not anywhere near a meta deck, but it has potential to be a fun deck that keeps the opponent guessing. It is mainly based on controlling what your opponent has and swapping monsters using the golem cards. Here is what I got, and any advice to make this deck as good as possible would be appreciated.

Monsters:

Lava Golem x 3

Grinder Golem x 3

Dark Nercofear x 1

Mystic Tomato x 3

Necroface x 1

Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss x 3

Tour Guide From the Underworld x 1

Scram, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss x 3

Doomdog Octhros x 2

Spells:

Allure of Darkness x 2

Owner's Seal x 2

Trade-in x 2

Dark Hole x 2

Mystic Space Typhoon x 2

Inferno Tempest x 2

Traps:

Mirror Force x 2

Torrential Tribute x 1

Starlight Road x 2

Scrubbed Raid x 1

Remove Brainwashing x 2

Extra:

Stardust Dragon x 2

Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction x 3

Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss x 3

Side:

Bottomless Trap Hole x 1

Nightmare Archfiends x 3

Creature Swap x 2

Swords of Revealing Light x 2

Compulsory Evacuation Device x 1

Solemn Warning x 1

Thank you all very much for whatever advice you might have to improve this deck.

Have you considered some of the Kaiju? They Summon similarly to Lava Golem, and given the amount of owner-gaining cards you have you would have no problem reclaiming what you've thrown on the opponent's field.

I am not sure what the Inferno Tempest combo is doing there. Does it benefit the Deck's general style of play?

Kaiju does everything this does better.

Investing cards into Dark Necrofear is not even close to a good idea. I really couldn't think of many worse boss monsters.

Why use Mirror Force when you can use Drowning Mirror Force? It's literally just a better version. Why no Card of Demise? You're bound to lose advantage with a deck this slow.

Why Scrubbed Raid instead of Swift Scarecrow? Why not a full extra deck? Why not a full side deck?

The deck isn't even completely filled out. Don't use this in a tournament.

Have you considered some of the Kaiju? They Summon similarly to Lava Golem, and given the amount of owner-gaining cards you have you would have no problem reclaiming what you've thrown on the opponent's field.

I am not sure what the Inferno Tempest combo is doing there. Does it benefit the Deck's general style of play?

Inferno Tempest with Grinder instantly wrecks you're opponent's deck as early as your first turn by ramming your token into it. The only issue is (aside from taking 3000 damage) that with Return from the Different Dimension banned, I can't think of a good card to retrieve my own monsters after, but I can still take my monsters back afterwards and leave them with nothing. Not spectacular, but it is a neat two card combo.

Why use Mirror Force when you can use Drowning Mirror Force? It's literally just a better version. Why no Card of Demise? You're bound to lose advantage with a deck this slow.

Why Scrubbed Raid instead of Swift Scarecrow? Why not a full extra deck? Why not a full side deck?

Because I don't have Downing Mirror force or Swift Scarecrow at the moment (and I would say that Scrubbed can be better than Swift Scarecrow), and I was leaving the side deck open for some cards that people here would offer as advice. I'm not some professional that had access to every card on a whim, and while I would say that these cards would be great for the deck, I gave you the deck I have, and not the best possible thing I could put into it if I wanted to. Also, I'm not expecting this to crush kozmos or bigger stuff like that, but I always focus on the deck being fun to play/play against over winning 100% of the time, but being soul crushingly dull because everyone plays them. So how about some actual suggestions instead of just saying "Not the best possible deck of this type,don't play it"?

I mean, I guess Inferno Tempest does smash up your opponent's future monster draws, but it also busts your future draws too (and then some due to Necroface) and your opponent still has a 3000 ATK beater to manually shred your face with until you grab the monster back. That, and we haven't accounted for what monsters are in your opponent's opening hand, so that's a wild card that may not always put you in a good position to justify Tempest.

Maybe Creature Swap to pass a Grinder Token over and create a hole in the opponent's field to do damage with?

I mean, I guess Inferno Tempest does smash up your opponent's future monster draws, but it also busts your future draws too (and then some due to Necroface) and your opponent still has a 3000 ATK beater to manually shred your face with until you grab the monster back. That, and we haven't accounted for what monsters are in your opponent's opening hand, so that's a wild card that may not always put you in a good position to justify Tempest.

Maybe Creature Swap to pass a Grinder Token over and create a hole in the opponent's field to do damage with?

That might be a decent idea. If possible, I would like to toss in Nightmare Archfiends too so I can snatch up those 2000 atk tokens, but I will look into some Kaiju just to see if I can do something with them. Do they need the field to do their abilities? if so, I might just go for the big attackers.

That might be a decent idea. If possible, I would like to toss in Nightmare Archfiends too so I can snatch up those 2000 atk tokens, but I will look into some Kaiju just to see if I can do something with them. Do they need the field to do their abilities? if so, I might just go for the big attackers.

The Kaijus don't need the Field Spell specifically to use their effects, but they do need at least one Kaiju S/T that isn't Slumber. The low attackers are also useful because you'll be giving them to your opponent.

I'm not some professional that had access to every card on a whim, and while I would say that these cards would be great for the deck, I gave you the deck I have, and not the best possible thing I could put into it if I wanted to. Also, I'm not expecting this to crush kozmos or bigger stuff like that, but I always focus on the deck being fun to play/play against over winning 100% of the time, but being soul crushingly dull because everyone plays them. So how about some actual suggestions instead of just saying "Not the best possible deck of this type,don't play it"?

.......when was the last time you played yugioh?

You asked for advice, I gave you advice. This is some abrasive-ass sheet right here.

Everything I gave you was an actual suggestion. Dark Necrofear is garbage. It's just not worth playing as a card. By the way, http://www.ygopro.co?  http://duelingnetwork.com? Proxies.pdf? Unless you're on a mac with parental controls and no access to textedit, you DO have access to every card in the game.

If you're not concerned about winning, then don't play in tournaments! Play with your friends, who could be on your skill level. 

It's not about beating top tier sheet, it's about making your deck better. Some of these cards could just be optimized, because there's stuff out there that does the exact same thing but better.

You don't get to decide what advice you get from other people. 

.......when was the last time you played yugioh?

You asked for advice, I gave you advice. This is some abrasive-ass s*** right here.

Everything I gave you was an actual suggestion. Dark Necrofear is garbage. It's just not worth playing as a card. By the way, http://www.ygopro.co?  http://duelingnetwork.com? Proxies.pdf? Unless you're on a mac with parental controls and no access to textedit, you DO have access to every card in the game.

If you're not concerned about winning, then don't play in tournaments! Play with your friends, who could be on your skill level. 

It's not about beating top tier s***, it's about making your deck better. Some of these cards could just be optimized, because there's stuff out there that does the exact same thing but better.

You don't get to decide what advice you get from other people. 

No, but I do get to decide when someone's advice is BS, and all you have done is been a negative jerk and say "Don't play this, it sucks". I can look up as many cards as I want, but that doesn't mean crap when I'm not able to shell out 5-50 dollars a pop for the cards I would need to "optimize" a deck/ have things people want to trade for/ have the money or luck to pull every great card out of a pack. The other people in the forum are at least willing to work with me with the concept I'm going for, and at least explain why Kaijus might be a cool thing to add to what I already have and not just say "lol, Kaijus are better dumbass"

But let's address some of this other stuff, since you asked. I have been playing near constantly since the game began, took a break for about a year when pendulums started being a thing, then got back in a while back when I saw new gem-knights were out. I'm actually decent too, usually third or second at my weekly local tournaments with people who do abuse the top tier decks, so if I want to make a silly golem deck cause I like the theme, I would hope people would be civil and give advice I can use, not that I should just be using better cards. If you have a problem with how I criticize the way you give your advice, then don't be an douche when you give it, or... ya know, just don't reply to me. Obviously I'm not worth the effort to you anyways.

That aside, I find it weird you complain about Necrofear and not the odd Burning Abyss monsters I decided to use. They serve almost no purpose in the deck save for more special summons and getting out Acid Golem easier for a swap. Or Necroface, who exists in there purely for the Inferno Tempest combo. With necrofear it at least makes sense because I use mostly fiends that will easily go to the grave, and I can search for it with Doomdog if I feel I need her, I can trade in her or dark allure her if I don't want to use her, and she can be an out of nowhere 2200 attack for at least one turn. Sure, her main effect is probably worthless, I'm not expecting to steal monsters with her, but who cares so long as all these other pluses about her are a factor?

No, but I do get to decide when someone's advice is BS

You get to decide whether you listen to advice or not, and given you asked for it, I would advise you don't act so dismissive.

all you have done is been a negative jerk and say "Don't play this, it sucks". I can look up as many cards as I want, but that doesn't mean crap when I'm not able to shell out 5-50 dollars a pop for the cards I would need to "optimize" a deck/ have things people want to trade for/ have the money or luck to pull every great card out of a pack. The other people in the forum are at least willing to work with me with the concept I'm going for, and at least explain why Kaijus might be a cool thing to add to what I already have and not just say "lol, Kaijus are better dumbass"

I never said "dumbass." You're putting words in my mouth. Nice ethos destruction.

Just because people give different advice doesn't make it inherently better. I came here to help; you don't have to take my advice, nor do you need to throw a fit.

I gave you links for simulators that are totally free; money isn't an important factor. I didn't say anything offensive; I gave my opinion on your deck, you chose not only to dismiss it but also to attack me and put words in my mouth.

The reason Kaiju is better is because it requires less effort with tributing monsters (you only need to tribute 1) and you can often summon ones weaker than your own monsters, attacking over them for free removal. They also have consistency that Laval Golem does not. Additionally, there's high bricking potential due to clashing strategies, like Dark Necrofear vs Lava Golem and the potential that some of these cards will be dead weight in your hand.

But let's address some of this other stuff, since you asked. I have been playing near constantly since the game began, took a break for about a year when pendulums started being a thing, then got back in a while back when I saw new gem-knights were out. I'm actually decent too, usually third or second at my weekly local tournaments with people who do abuse the top tier decks, so if I want to make a silly golem deck cause I like the theme, I would hope people would be civil and give advice I can use, not that I should just be using better cards. If you have a problem with how I criticize the way you give your advice, then don't be an douche when you give it, or... ya know, just don't reply to me. Obviously I'm not worth the effort to you anyways.

"W-well, I'm special! I don't need to use the good cards, and I don't need your advice! You should like my cards because I use them and I'm special! You're just a stuck-up meanie!"

I think that it is good enough now that it can be used in local tournaments.

dude. I don't know what locals you're going to, but where I go to, it's Monarchs and Kozmo city. 

it has potential to be a fun deck that keeps the opponent guessing.

Just because something can keep the opponent guessing doesn't make it immediately good. If your opponent doesn't expect a regular mirror force instead of a drowning mirror force, that doesn't make Mirror Force any better, because it's not.

The fact you are ignoring is that certain cards are just wholly better than others. Dark Necrofear doesn't have anything that particularly outclasses it, I'll give you that, but there are some things that are 100% just plain better all the time.

Why are you even criticizing how I give advice? 

Thank you all very much for whatever advice you might have to improve this deck.

You literally state in your OP

That you are Thankful for WHATEVER advice you can get.

So.

Be thankful.

That aside, I find it weird you complain about Necrofear and not the odd Burning Abyss monsters I decided to use. They serve almost no purpose in the deck save for more special summons and getting out Acid Golem easier for a swap.

Because Necrofear has no value outside of being a bad version of snatch steal. At least you have something of an engine going on with Burning Abyss. I thought you didn't want me to destroy your deck; now you're saying I should have destroyed it more? I surely can dissect it more, if you want.

With necrofear it at least makes sense because I use mostly fiends that will easily go to the grave, and I can search for it with Doomdog if I feel I need her, I can trade in her or dark allure her if I don't want to use her, and she can be an out of nowhere 2200 attack for at least one turn. Sure, her main effect is probably worthless, I'm not expecting to steal monsters with her, but who cares so long as all these other pluses about her are a factor?

You...you have no pluses. The only plus is probably Allure, which is a 2-of non-searchable, and card of demise, which you decided to ignore.

I didn't expect you to buy these cards. They are just things you should look into to become a better player, because the cards are better than some of the ones you're using. Having fun with the game isn't bad; however, the game itself punishes you for being creative, so you need to see the line between fun decks and competitive decks.

Heck, if you wanna play sheet cards, there's no problem in doing that. When I was a kid, Dark Necrofear was my boss monster. It's a terrible card, but when I summon it, I get all bubbly inside, because I feel like I did something special.

That's all.

Let's keep politeness in mind shall we people? this is an advice thread, abrasive language in a thread asking for advice does not help people improve, it guards them against you.

on the other hand, to the OP, if you can get your hands on a few of the multidimensional kaiju (only 2700, but still a fiend for necroface, and easier to remove your opponent's monsters with), or on a few battle fader monsters, you might want to use them instead of scrubbed raid, hand traps are more valuable than field traps in situations like that, and fader not only ends battle phase, but counts as an allure target, and doesn't take up as many resources as scrubbed potentially could.

inferno tempest or necroface aren't things you can build a deck around as loosely as yours appears to be, it takes a bit more dedication, and a lot more defense to pull it off properly right now. i understand you might be more skilled than i give you credit for, or you might have some kind of plan to use it, but in the current meta, a single kozmotown play could easily devastate you after using inferno tempest. you'd essentially be letting them choose from every monster in their deck to retrieve once per turn. monarchs, while probably getting beat the first game if you pull it off fast enough, also can put out more disruption than a deck like yours would be able to handle on a consistent basis. with the advent of blue-eyes decks, you might have a few better matchups, but even then, blue eyes decks have easy access to cards like the R8 #38 galaxy dragon, putting that thing onto the field could likely neuter your defensive plays, and they have the potential to throw out enough powerful monsters to make any offense you could muster really hard to keep up.

I don't really have much other advice to grant, overall, i can't quite say your build would do well in any common matchup in this meta. it does seem like a fun deck, but you might want to build it more focused on potential Synchro/Xyz strategies than inferno strategies.

Let's keep politeness in mind shall we people? this is an advice thread, abrasive language in a thread asking for advice does not help people improve, it guards them against you.

on the other hand, to the OP, if you can get your hands on a few of the multidimensional kaiju (only 2700, but still a fiend for necroface, and easier to remove your opponent's monsters with), or on a few battle fader monsters, you might want to use them instead of scrubbed raid, hand traps are more valuable than field traps in situations like that, and fader not only ends battle phase, but counts as an allure target, and doesn't take up as many resources as scrubbed potentially could.

inferno tempest or necroface aren't things you can build a deck around as loosely as yours appears to be, it takes a bit more dedication, and a lot more defense to pull it off properly right now. i understand you might be more skilled than i give you credit for, or you might have some kind of plan to use it, but in the current meta, a single kozmotown play could easily devastate you after using inferno tempest. you'd essentially be letting them choose from every monster in their deck to retrieve once per turn. monarchs, while probably getting beat the first game if you pull it off fast enough, also can put out more disruption than a deck like yours would be able to handle on a consistent basis. with the advent of blue-eyes decks, you might have a few better matchups, but even then, blue eyes decks have easy access to cards like the R8 #38 galaxy dragon, putting that thing onto the field could likely neuter your defensive plays, and they have the potential to throw out enough powerful monsters to make any offense you could muster really hard to keep up.

I don't really have much other advice to grant, overall, i can't quite say your build would do well in any common matchup in this meta. it does seem like a fun deck, but you might want to build it more focused on potential Synchro/Xyz strategies than inferno strategies.

Yeah, I got hit with Kozmo town before that way, and it did cost me, so I get the idea. I might take that out of the main deck and stick to it as a side deck thing. The creature swaps might be better for this deck anyways, since I can toss over Acid, or just take back Grinder. I think there was a rank 8 synchro I was looking into that counters the extra deck by removing things at random, and it might be cool to bring in with two golems. Maybe replace Necroface and Raid with faders? Swap out a few golems with Kaiju. Are the fiend ones LVL 8?

I believe some Kaiju are level 8, namely Dogoran, although he's a FIRE Dinosaur, so that doesn't tie into the theme well.

Gameciel is one of the best Kaiju due to its low ATK, and it's also a level 8. If you're concerned about reaching Dark Necrofear quickly, you could use Foolish Burial to send scarm for more search power.

Squeezing in Raigeki somewhere might help out, just due to its potency against some decks, and if you're able to use Dark Hole, then Raigeki must be useable somewhere.

You'll need to watch out for Twin Twisters, since it'll probably be prominent until the end of time. That's the main concern with your field traps; vulnerability to removal, particularly the quick kind, which can sweep your board. I've played a grind sort of deck like this, and the Swift Scarecrow has saved my ass more times than I can count. 

Your own twin twisters could help get rid of floodgates and whatnot while filling your Graveyard with Fiends for Dark Necrofear. 

Honestly, if you really wanted to be ballsy, I'd go for Creature Swap. Give them Scarm, swing over it, search on end phase. 

You might not have heard of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber, which is a dark hole at 3 that summons 1 Kaiju to each side of the field from the deck. With it, you can summon a 3300 Beater to your field, and a 0 ATK to your opponent's side. Not much that can be done about 

To make the engine faster, you could use Armageddon Knight or Math for sending Scarm. Mathematician is also a floater, which can help speed it up. It recently got released as a common in a starter deck. 

I believe some Kaiju are level 8, namely Dogoran, although he's a FIRE Dinosaur, so that doesn't tie into the theme well.

Gameciel is one of the best Kaiju due to its low ATK, and it's also a level 8. If you're concerned about reaching Dark Necrofear quickly, you could use Foolish Burial to send scarm for more search power.

Squeezing in Raigeki somewhere might help out, just due to its potency against some decks, and if you're able to use Dark Hole, then Raigeki must be useable somewhere.

You'll need to watch out for Twin Twisters, since it'll probably be prominent until the end of time. That's the main concern with your field traps; vulnerability to removal, particularly the quick kind, which can sweep your board. I've played a grind sort of deck like this, and the Swift Scarecrow has saved my ass more times than I can count. 

Your own twin twisters could help get rid of floodgates and whatnot while filling your Graveyard with Fiends for Dark Necrofear. 

Honestly, if you really wanted to be ballsy, I'd go for Creature Swap. Give them Scarm, swing over it, search on end phase. 

You might not have heard of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber, which is a dark hole at 3 that summons 1 Kaiju to each side of the field from the deck. With it, you can summon a 3300 Beater to your field, and a 0 ATK to your opponent's side. Not much that can be done about 

To make the engine faster, you could use Armageddon Knight or Math for sending Scarm. Mathematician is also a floater, which can help speed it up. It recently got released as a common in a starter deck. 

I was just hoping the fiend was an 8 to be able to grab it with Doomdog, but the rest of this is really useful info. I did put in the starlight's to counter Twin Twisters, but I realize i only have 2 and tht won't always cut it

.I would use a Raigeki, but again, expensive card is expensive. To me, that is like saying I should put in a Maxx C for draw power. Nice idea, but I probably won't be able to do it. Do you think that a Crush Card Virus might help, since I have a bunch of weaker dark monsters?

I was just hoping the fiend was an 8 to be able to grab it with Doomdog, but the rest of this is really useful info. I did put in the starlight's to counter Twin Twisters, but I realize i only have 2 and tht won't always cut it

.I would use a Raigeki, but again, expensive card is expensive. To me, that is like saying I should put in a Maxx C for draw power. Nice idea, but I probably won't be able to do it. Do you think that a Crush Card Virus might help, since I have a bunch of weaker dark monsters?

Crush Card Virus has become a shadow of its former self after the errata. If anything, using it would actually help the opponent since they have the ability to pick out the three monsters they want in the Grave or don't really need.

Archived