[Leaderboard] Brimtosis vs GarlandChaos {Closed}

Brimtosis

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:
-Create an Equip Spell

[spoiler=Card A: 1 Vote]

KtS24Tl.jpg

To activate this spell, target 1 Dinosaur-Type monster in your Graveyard, then pay Life Points equal to it's level x100; Special Summon the target to the field Face Up and equip this card to it. When this card is destroyed, destroy the equipped monster. 

[spoiler=Card B: 0 Votes]

xTOzcQC.jpg

Pay 800 LP, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position and equip it with this card. It cannot attack or change its battle position, and its effects are negated. If this card leaves the field, banish the equipped monster. If the equipped monster is no longer face-up on the field, banish this card. You can only activate 1 "Pull From Shadows" per turn.

Card C: 1 Vote

Both of you decided to make Premature Burial-expies, eh? That aside, let's go.

Card A is pretty much a Dinosaur revival thing. Granted, aside from maybe Evols/Jurrac (are those even viable anymore?), Dinosaurs aren't really prevalent (though it does cost less than Premature in the long run). Only problem is that it can't revive stuff like Volcasaurus and other Dinosaur Xyz since they lack a Level. If it had this, would've been nice. Now if only Konami revamped SD09 and gave them an actual push to become good, then I could see this card being used a bit for stuff. 

Card B is basically a more restrained Premature Burial that makes the monster either Tribute/ED fodder or really protection. Granted, Rank 4s could use it to grab another monster for their summons, but pretty sure they already can do that. But yeah, suppose this banishing itself prevents whatever loop that got Premature banned in the first place (to be fair, I don't remember what happened at that time; probably recycle this, use monster for other stuff, then revive more). 

-----

A is simple revival for Dinosaurs, but from a meta standpoint, they aren't really great; otherwise, there are some Archetypes that can play around with it. B is generally for ED fodder things, but that's all the monster amounts to doing (despite having no restriction on what it can revive, except for Level 4 and under). 

Going with A for right now. 

I'll go with Card C.

Card A is nowhere bad at all, but again, it is restricted to Dinos and is much less generic. Not only that, this kind of steals Fossil Excavation's design slot. 

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fossil_Excavation

Granted, Fossil Excavation is a Trap Card, giving it more accessibility in some ways (with its discarding cost, if it was a dino, being a viable target for this card as long as you have another dino in the Graveyard). Card A instead lacks the area of the cost, as well as the drawback, even if dinos are not meta. I suppose that it's fairly acceptable to give it a power boost like this, but on the other hand, this means that Dinos will be receiving little to no support in the future, aside from archetype-specific cards.

It's not bad or overpowered at the current state. However, it does limit the potential of anything new coming out, such as new Dinosaur archetypes, especially since that there isn't a hard OPT limitation on it.

Card B is a different take on Powerful Rebirth, being a Spell Card with more drawbacks and a 800 LP cost. Not only that, it doesn't change its Level, which is more beneficial generally due to the fact that you wouldn't have an odd monster out on the field that can't be used as fodder.

As Sakura had explained, it focuses too much on being ED fodder. There's also a large risk of having this card being removed before being able to successfully conduct the Summon, causing you to lose your monster. The hard OPT limitation prevents it from being overpowered, but there are still flaws with the design, even if it is more generic.

For one, even if this wasn't the meta, PK, BA, and Speedroids can benefit themselves separately by using this card and continuously generating R3 spam. BA is more susceptible to having the advantage in this case, as their effects resolve when they hit the Graveyard, unlike PK that requires banishing themselves to trigger the effects.

I mean, Foolish a Level 3 BA, something like Graff, and trigger effect. Activate this card, targeting sent Graff. Instant Dante just like that.

However, it is unfair to completely judge the card based on the fact that it might support 1 Archetype more than the rest, when it's not that bad, so I'll move on to the other possibilities of this card that it can benefit.

First turn Quasars will be able to use this rather effectively, considering this acts as a mini Soul Charge.

R4 spam can see some action, with this in Dracopals. By the amount of Xyz Summoning you do, I wouldn't be surprised if you ran 1-2 copies of this.

Monarchs to a certain extent.

Lightsworns being able to be even more consistent in making Minerva.

Both cards just don't feel as if they did anything to overpower one another, or did anything creative to make me want to vote 1 over the other. Card A is based off of Fossil Excavation and Premature Burial, while Card B is Powerful Rebirth and Premature Burial. 

There's nothing wrong with both cards, but there's nothing exciting about them either. So I'm voting C.

Archived