Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pristine Lands (OOC / Not Started / Accepting)

*Potentially a logo at some point*

[spoiler=Plot]

It looks like a flier for the Explorer's Guild...

For ages, civilized Pokemon lived in peace, protected from the wild magic that surrounded them, thanks to the efforts of the Explorer's Guild. The home to the brave Pokemon who braved the wild terrain and explored it, mapping out the world for the future. Without these Pokemon, the growth of the civilized society would have been horribly stifled. They created maps of their land, traversed the roughest mountains, and protected their people.

Recently though, the guild is looking to expand their horizons. The current continent is almost completely mapped out, and we're running out of places to send recruits. The most logical course of action? Send some Pokemon overseas and explore a new land of course! The Explorer's Guild is sponsoring a massive journey, new recruits and older recruits all journeying across the ocean, to a land that hasn't been explored by them yet!

What's there to lose? The quickest route there has been established, ships have been built, and the journey is scheduled to begin in less than a month. There's still time for new recruits to step forward and volunteer for the journey, just get to the guild hall and join in, and make sure to ask about the upcoming voyage!

Treasure Town will always be here, waiting for your return.

[spoiler=Notes about the RP]

So, some notes about this RP.

It's going to be heavily focused on exploration of the new continent and character growth. Obviously with Pokemon involved, there is going to be a bit of combat involved, but that's going to be less important than the other two aspects.

Areas are going to have mysteries surrounding them that the guild will try to figure out. If you played the second PMD games, think about the guild expedition to the Foggy Forest. The goal is to learn about the new locations, not just conquer them.

Character interaction is gonna be important. So... While it's okay to make a more shy or quiet character, they won't be able to run off and just do whatever, they'll have to interact with the guild. They may get assigned to work with someone they don't want to. Guildmaster's word is law.

There will be time between the big expeditions as well, the guild members will be able to interact, explore around the growing town, meet new NPC's!

Yes I know there are a decent number of Pokemon RP's at the moment. But I've been thinking about this for a long time, and if I just wait... More will crop up. Plus I don't think any of them are Mystery Dungeon based. The closest to that is the Gijinka RP!

We won't be sticking super hard to the level idea of the Pokemon series, cause... Well, that's a little hard to manage in this sort of environment. Experience is more important, and not as in points. Your Pokemon will learn new moves and things over time.

[spoiler=Rules]

All Site and RP Section rules apply

While this RP is going to be heavily moved by the characters and their actions, I do reserve the right to kickstart things if needed. Host has final say and all.

Feel free to contact me with questions, and if there are complaints, please keep them civil. If there's an issue, I want it to be handled maturely, that way it doesn't get too bad!

This is gonna be rated PG-16, cause... I can't do Mature RP's here. -v-

There is no guarantee I'll keep applications running openly, but you can always contact me through PM's to discuss a way to introduce you and a new character into the RP!

[spoiler=Map of Explored Regions]

Currently Working on getting the base map set up.

[spoiler=Application]

Name: Self-explanatory. What is your character’s name?

Species: What Pokemon is your character?

Ability: For the Pokemon that have more than one. Hidden Abilities are iffy, but I'm going to allow them. Obviously abilities don't... Exactly work as they would in the main games, but if it's one like Regenerator, we can figure out how to make it work.

Moves: Since most Pokemon joining are going to be relatively new trainees, it's recommended to have basic moves like Tackle, ect.

Appearance: A picture/description of the Pokemon chosen, differences such as birthmarks, injuries, any accessories worn should be included here.

Personality: Minimum: Four lines. What they're like, most of you should know what a personality is.

Biography: Minimum: Five lines, what led to this character joining the guild, what their motivation is, significant events that led them to be who they are. Things like that.

Miscellaneous Things: Exactly what it says. Things that don't quite fit in above, either due to me forgetting something or you having a creative idea!

Skype: I will be making a Skype group for this, obviously this isn't required, but if you wish to join that, let me know. It'll make things... Smoother? It's supposed to at least.
Name: 

Species:

Ability: 

Moves: 

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Misc (Optional, delete if not used):

Skype (Optional, delete if not used):

[spoiler=Accepted Applications]

Guildmaster Application will be added here soon.

Mr. Hyde: Iggy the Cubone

It's three AM here, so if I've forgotten something, I will get to work on that in the morning.

Mystery Dungeon RP? Color me curious... here's a quick question, will we have a choice of our Pokemon (excluding legendaries), or do we choose from the entirety of the starters that have been in the games, like how vulpix and shinx were playable in Sky, Munchlax and meowth in Time and Darkness, and so on?

Hmmm....

Closest thing to this is the Gijinka rp.

I love the gijinka rp.

... Called me interested.

Yeaaaah I got a fake Sanic!

Damn.

I might have to try this.

I'm in so many RPs though...Somewhat interested.

pssst

you should totally do it

interest noted.  Explores are da best

Yay!

Mystery Dungeon RP? Color me curious... here's a quick question, will we have a choice of our Pokemon (excluding legendaries), or do we choose from the entirety of the starters that have been in the games, like how vulpix and shinx were playable in Sky, Munchlax and meowth in Time and Darkness, and so on?

Um...

While I haven't ultimately decided WHICH Pokemon will be allowed, I'm going to allow a broader range of Pokemon than just the starters. Things like first stage evolutions of three-stage Pokemon are generally pretty easy to allow, honestly, it's going to be a case-by-case basis on what Pokemon is allowed and what isn't.

As a rule of thumb, avoid things like: Mid-stage Pokemon unless the pre-evolution is a baby Pokemon, so things like Marill and Pikachu would probably be fine, but things like Dewott and Sliggo would not. Most Pokemon that don't evolve aren't recommended, cause... Well, evolution will more than likely be a thing, and most of them don't scale extremely well.

Legends just aren't happening, obviously. :P

• 2 weeks later...

LITTLE LATE I KNOW.

I've been working on the direction I want this to go, learning how to use Hexographer, and working on the guildmaster application the last few days. So while this isn't entirely set to sail, the base is ready and I want to let you all have time to work on your applications as well, so consider the OoC thread launched!

[spoiler=From the powers of Eternal Darkness and Steel, I call upon the powers of Arceus!]
Name: Archlight (real name: Pawny)
Species: Pawniard
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Scratch, Leer and Psycho Cut (egg move)
[spoiler=Appearance:] 18fc72ae7cbc56944c5454192484c7f8.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:] An adamant but delusional chuunibyou believing himself to be a secret vessel of Arceus and intimidating him will only awaken his powers (which is actually how his Defiant ability works) He also thinks that Psycho Cut is the channeling of Arceus's powers to him. He would boast about this which usually weirds people out but he never falters. But when it all comes down to it, he's friendly, helpful and caring. He's the kind of friend you'd want. He's sometimes calm or aggressive, depending on the situation. He has a tendency to shout out names for his moves when attacking. (ex Scratch of Despair)

[spoiler=Biography:]Different. Pawny was always different from everyone. He once attended Bisharp Elementary School, a school exclusive for Pawniards. They would teach them the ways of Pawniards and Bisharps. During lunchtime, the cool Pawniards would show off their Sucker Punches and Pursuits but his special move was different. He only knew Psycho Cut which he inherited from his father who is an Alakazam. The students from Bisharp Elementary School secluded him because he was different.

One time, he went to a cave exhibit with his father. They went to a moral that showcases Arceus and the 3 entities that embody Time, Space and Distortion. Then, his father said to him, "Son, just because your different, that doesn't mean you are alone. We are all designed by the great and powerful Arceus for a reason. So if you ever feel alone, just think that Arceus is watching over you." This inspired him to be adamant and defiant from the norm however this gave him the thought that he is a secret vessel of Arceus and starts calling himself "Archlight". His parents realized his sudden change of personality but decided to let it go because they noticed that their son are finally having fun. After he graduated from Bisharp Elementary School, he always wanted to be an explorer and venture the world and prove that he is really the secret vessel of Arceus and finally was able join the Explorer's Guild.

[spoiler=Scaredy-Elephant]

066dUtf.png

"Eek! W-what is that? Is that...a Bidoof?"

Name: Colonel Hathi

Species: Phanpy

Ability: Pickup

Moves: Defense Curl, Growl, Odor Sleuth, Tackle

[spoiler=Appearance]

R1rSGkP.png

[spoiler=Personality]

Hathi is a bit of an anomaly. Unlike most of the others who joined the guild, this elephant values security and safety. He prefers the known to the unknown, and is often reluctant to explore new routes. He is also extremely shy and has a hard time dealing with others. However, deep down inside, he wants to get closer to others and he wants to be brave. He wants to be an explorer and he wants to find the unknown.

Observant and self-controlled, Hathi isn't prone to temper tantrums. However, he tends to be bluntly honest, which can bother others. He is also deathly afraid of rodent Pokémon, and loses all sense of self-control or dignity, clinging to others and shouting for them to "get that thing away from me!"

[spoiler=Biography]

Hathi was born within a Donphan herd on the Amp Plains, safe and protected like most baby Phanpy there. However, when he grew older, he longed to join the Explorer's Guild and become famous, just like that pair of Pokémon he had heard about. He wanted to find new lands and stamp his flag upon them. He wanted to leave his mark upon the world. Not only that, he wanted to explore for the sake of it. Convincing his herd didn't take very much--they understood his motivations and supported him wholeheartedly.

However, convincing himself was harder. Because Hathi wasn't used to being on his own, around strangers without the safety of his herd. Nor was he used to having to fend for himself. His first visit to Treasure Town was a fearful one, and he ended up running when he caught sight of a friendly Bidoof. Later, chiding himself for his cowardice, he volunteered to join the Explorer's Guild, though he regrets that decision every time he so much as comes across something scary.

Damn, mystery dungeon is my 2nd fav pokespin off (pokemon ranger being the first)... I might just need to start up RPing again. 

Question: Would I be able to have a Sigilyph Char? I know you're against evo-less pokes here, so I thought I'd ask before I start planning something that would get shot down. 

[spoiler=BOOOOBBB!]

0MeExN2.png

"Bob?"

Name: Bob
Species: Magikarp
Ability: Rattled
Moves: Splash only, (obviously!)
[spoiler=Appearance]129-magikarp.png
Bob has a four-leaf clover birthmark on left side of his top 'Crown' that most assume is the source of his 'luck'

[spoiler=Personality]Though at first Bob may seem stupid, doing nothing but splash about and say his own name, he is actually one of the smartest pokémon alive, but berceuse his intelligence can't be said through any type of spoken language because of a magikap's natural limitations, most people assume his feats are of luck. Bob uses this as a survival tactic to leave his foes distorted, so much as doing something purposely stupid if people start expecting something's up. Though for all his intelligence he still has the basic fears of bugs ghosts and the pitch black, explaining his Rattled ability, and is also self-cocky to a certain extent.

He will however, revel his intelligence to those he feels are worthy enough through telepathy, either because of friendship or becurse they are a high ranking person,(like a guild master).

[spoiler=Biography]As you can imagine, growing up as a magikarp is pretty hard on it's own, but being so smart you can't talk, well that is a completely different kettle of fish (No pun intended). Bob was always treated as an outcast, even by his own family, so that's what he became, he left his home pound surrounded by crevasses by use of a home-made catapult, walking to the next village in due time, surviving off the items found on the ground. When he reached the new town he would soon call home, nothing was there apart from an old man dying of hunger of whom he gave his last food and continued, soon fainting from exhaustion.

When the magikarp awoke he found himself in a strange place, a palace in the middle of nowhere, home to the old man from earlier, for the next few years he trained with the old man and learnt the true powers of his mind, but Bob, like many of the old man's student's before him, became cocky with this powers, and set off on his own, using them to join the guild, before he was finished with his training.

[spoiler=Misc]Being not able to talk, bob will be RPed with 4 types of dialogue when it is bold it means he is using telepathy, when it is incased like <<this>> it is what his 'boob's mean and italics are his thoughts, with "this" being him saying Bob.Ex. "bob".

[spoiler=In comes a speedy little twit! (WIP, only Bio left)]Name: Yoyo

Species: Zigzagoon
Moves: 
~Fling (Hatching move)
~Odor Sleuth
~Headbutt
~Baby-Doll Eyes
[spoiler=Appearance:][spoiler=Visual Image]gy7PdDI.png

Yoyo is one tiny, tiny Zigzagoon. Only slightly larger than the average Joltik at five inches in length (excluding tail), the only real difference between it and the average Zigzagoon is the bands of tan fur around its four paws and the fact that his paws seem to be missing the equal to 'thumbs'. Every so often, he could be seen spitting up and gulping down a small green yoyo due to the mutation of having an internal pouch in addition to his stomach that is often used to hold small items. One end of the yoyo is stuck in this pouch. He also has a fairly squeaky voice due to his size.

[spoiler=Personality:]Hyper. Speedy. Likely to get himself snoutfirst into a buttload of trouble to fetch himself a shiny. Yoyo's a rather-simple Pokemon in regards to mentality. While only part of the guild for a short time, that period had seen an almost instant increase in wealth on missions he's also on. He has absolutely no issues with randomly going up to a Pokemon, saying "HAI!" then zipping off immediately as if nothing had happened at all. About the only one Yoyo doesn't seem this level of hyper around and that's the Guildmaster. Hell, even Chatot gets driven up a few trees by him. Despite being unaffected by them, he is absolutely spooked by 'ghosties' aka Ghost-type Pokemon, which is unwarranted due to his Odor Sleuth being able to sniff them out. Whenever he sees an unfamiliar Ghost Pokemon, it's usually 'yoyo the face or hide first, ask question very-much later if at all'. Speaking of Odor Sleuth, when it comes to treasures, he's got one hell of a sniffer. He's actually capable of sniffing out the gold itself or other valuable compounds, like various jewels. Yes, to him, gold and various gems have their own unique smells. However, this is just a glance of the speedy doof, and more is likely to reveal itself in the RP.

[spoiler=Biography (WIP):]With a character as flighty as this, it's hard to make a viable bio, but I'll give it a shot...

[spoiler=Misc:]~Yoyo's been around since the OG PMD games, so even if some areas of the profile seem short, Yoyo will be played and well because I've literally had years to RP him out in the past. Too bad I can't make him how I'm used to playing him, though...which is he's near-impossible to hit from sheer speed, but you only need one hit to knock his lights out.

~Name comes from the fact that he's normally played out with a peculiar item that's always on him, a rather-sturdy tiny green yoyo he found via Pickup that he often uses with Fling since it always come back. The yoyo turns Fling into a 20 Power move that auto-Recycles the item, and also doesn't not stop his Pickup from working and finding other items. If Yoyo's moving fast enough, he can turn Fling into a Dark-type multi-hit attack or a small AOE.

~The pic is completely done by me, not even a base was used for positioning.

~Theme Song: Why Worry (Nightcored Variant) by Cherry and Zero. Miz-Kun

[spoiler=My tears give me strength]

BLIuOLB.png?1

*sniff*

Name: Iggy

Species: Cubone

Ability: Rock Head

Moves: Growl, Tail Whip, Bone Club

[spoiler=Appearance: ]

6Y3WSei.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:]

Like most Cubone, Iggy is a mopey mess who prefers to sulk in solitude.  However, unlike most Cubone, he does have an outward and bright personality, more of an optimist than any other cubone anyways. He is more of a follower than a leader in every way.   When he's not thinking about distant memories, and crying waterfalls over them, he tends to hang out with as many friends as he can.  The thought of being together with others is what keeps Iggy going strong.   Though he likes making friends, it's very easy to upset Iggy, and he is usually abandoned by those who have deemed him a crybaby.  Even though he tries to look on the bright side of things, if someone were to make fun of a crack in his skull helmet, he would be sent into a crying fit.  

He does want to try and change this though.  Iggy wants to harden himself, and become less sensitive.

[spoiler=Biography:]

Iggy doesn't remember much about his first moments, or rather, he prefers not to remember.  Iggy grew up in a dungeon inhabited by many plains pokemon, as well as him and his mother.  His mother...she was so kind...so strong...holding hands with her every day as they walked on each floor of the dungeon.  His mother sought to teach him the layout of the dungeon, but told him to never leave.  The dungeons were the safest place they could be.  One night that he tries to forget is a night where intruders were coming through the plains.  No doubt trying to get to the treasure that lay on the bottom floor.  Iggy's mother was the boss of the plains, and it was her duty to protect the treasure, alongside two Marowak.  

Iggy remembers the pokemon that killed his mom so ruthlessly.  A shiftry, with eyes of pure black.   He passed out shortly after.  When he came to, both his mother and the other two marowak were nowhere to be found.  All that remained was the skull his own mother bore.  With tear soaked eyes, he dawned the skull and left the dungeon.  On the outside world, he traveled many days.  Of course he became lost, since all he knew were the intricate layouts of the dungeon he resided in his entire life.  He cried for days and days, until one group of explorers heard reports of wailing close to a renowned dungeon.  Iggy was taken in by the rescue team, Team Dirt, comprised of a Sandslash and Flygon, and was whisked away to a nearby town.  Since then, Iggy has dedicated himself to try and become an explorer, to try and find his mother's killer, and to be like his saviors.

So, quick thing that popped into my mind cause I saw Tori's application, Discord!

I don't know how many people here have Discord compared to having Skype, so if Discord is something that would be more accessible to you all overall, we could totally use that.

[spoiler=Archlight the Pawniard (WIP)]
Name: Archlight
Species: PWN'diard
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Scratch and Leer
Appearance: Normal Pawniard with the obligatory team scarf. (Possibly WIP but note to self to remove this parenthesis if biography doesn't affect appearance otherwise change)
Personality: (WIP)
Biography: (WIP)
Miscellaneous Things: (WIP)

Application noticed!

[spoiler=Scaredy-Elephant]

066dUtf.png

"Eek! W-what is that? Is that...a Bidoof?"

Name: Colonel Hathi

Species: Phanpy

Moves: Defense Curl, Growl, Odor Sleuth, Tackle

[spoiler=Appearance]

R1rSGkP.png

[spoiler=Personality]

Hathi is a bit of an anomaly. Unlike most of the others who joined the guild, this elephant values security and safety. He prefers the known to the unknown, and is often reluctant to explore new routes. He is also extremely shy and has a hard time dealing with others. However, deep down inside, he wants to get closer to others and he wants to be brave. He wants to be an explorer and he wants to find the unknown.

Observant and self-controlled, Hathi isn't prone to temper tantrums. However, he tends to be bluntly honest, which can bother others. He is also deathly afraid of rodent Pokémon, and loses all sense of self-control or dignity, clinging to others and shouting for them to "get that thing away from me!"

[spoiler=Biography]

Hathi was born within a Donphan herd on the Amp Plains, safe and protected like most baby Phanpy there. However, when he grew older, he longed to join the Explorer's Guild and become famous, just like that pair of Pokémon he had heard about. He wanted to find new lands and stamp his flag upon them. He wanted to leave his mark upon the world. Not only that, he wanted to explore for the sake of it. Convincing his herd didn't take very much--they understood his motivations and supported him wholeheartedly.

However, convincing himself was harder. Because Hathi wasn't used to being on his own, around strangers without the safety of his herd. Nor was he used to having to fend for himself. His first visit to Treasure Town was a fearful one, and he ended up running when he caught sight of a friendly Bidoof. Later, chiding himself for his cowardice, he volunteered to join the Explorer's Guild, though he regrets that decision every time he so much as comes across something scary.

Phanpy, love it.~

I don't see any glaring issues here, so welcome aboard!

Damn, mystery dungeon is my 2nd fav pokespin off (pokemon ranger being the first)... I might just need to start up RPing again. 

Question: Would I be able to have a Sigilyph Char? I know you're against evo-less pokes here, so I thought I'd ask before I start planning something that would get shot down. 

If you're absolutely deadset on a Sigilyph character, we could probably sort something out for it.

I don't feel like Sigilyph is too absurd with it's base stats, which to be honest are only minimally in play in this sort of RP, and it's starting moves are things like Gust, Miracle Eye, and Hypnosis, so that's also not too crazy.

If you're fine with the fact that it won't evolve, then it's alright by me, I just don't want too many of them!

[spoiler=BOOOOBBB!(W.I.P)]

"Bob?"

Name: Bob

Species: Magikarp

Ability: Rattled

Moves: Splash only, (obviously!)

[spoiler=Appearance]129-magikarp.png

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Biography]

Misc (Optional, delete if not used):

U-Uh, I... Have to ask if you're serious, before I say anything.

Cause Magikarp... Is not the Pokemon I would have envisioned seeing here...

Hm...I may have to scheme up the speedball that is Yoyo the Zigzagoon...at a more reasonable time of day.

[spoiler=In comes a speedy little twit! (Very WIP)]Name: Yoyo
Species: Zigzagoon
Moves: 
~Fling (Hatching move)
~Odor Sleuth
~Headbutt
~Baby-Doll Eyes[spoiler=Appearance (WIP):][spoiler=Visual Image]gy7PdDI.png

[spoiler=Personality:]Hyper. Speedy. Likely to get himself snoutfirst into a buttload of trouble to fetch himself a shiny. Yoyo's a rather-simple Pokemon in regards to mentality. While only part of the guild for a short time, that period had seen an almost instant increase in wealth on missions he's also on. He has absolutely no issues with randomly going up to a Pokemon, saying "HAI!" then zipping off immediately as if nothing had happened at all. About the only one Yoyo doesn't seem this level of hyper around and that's the Guildmaster. Despite being unaffected by them, he is absolutely spooked by 'ghosties', which is unwarranted due to his Odor Sleuth being able to sniff them out. However, this is just a glance of the speedy doof, and more is likely to reveal itself in the RP.

[spoiler=Biography (WIP):]

[spoiler=Misc (WIP):]Random Fact: Yoyo's been around since the OG PMD games, so even if some areas of the profile seem short, Yoyo will be played and well. Too bad I can't made him how I'm used to playing him...which is he's near-impossible to hit from sheer speed, but you only need one hit to knock his lights out.

Name comes from the fact that he's normally played out with a peculiar item that's always on him, a rather-sturdy inch-diameter green yoyo that he often uses with Fling since it can always come back.

I like this idea a lot, actually!

The Yoyo-Fling combination won't be doing tremendous damage to things obviously, but it's creative and I like that idea a lot.

I'm also really happy to see a Zigzagoon, cause that was my favorite regional Normal-type. -v-

This is relevant to my interests.

Good to hear!

[spoiler=My tears give me strength]
BLIuOLB.png?1
*sniff*

Name: Iggy

Species: Cubone

Ability: Rock Head

Moves: Growl, Tail Whip, Bone Club

[spoiler=Appearance: ]
6Y3WSei.jpg

Like most Cubone, Iggy is a mopey mess who prefers to sulk in solitude.  However, unlike most Cubone, he does have an outward and bright personality, more of an optimist than any other cubone anyways. He is more of a follower than a leader in every way.   When he's not thinking about distant memories, and crying waterfalls over them, he tends to hang out with as many friends as he can.  The thought of being together with others is what keeps Iggy going strong.   Though he likes making friends, it's very easy to upset Iggy, and he is usually abandoned by those who have deemed him a crybaby.  Even though he tries to look on the bright side of things, if someone were to make fun of a crack in his skull helmet, he would be sent into a crying fit.  

He does want to try and change this though.  Iggy wants to harden himself, and become less sensitive.

Iggy doesn't remember much about his first moments, or rather, he prefers not to remember.  Iggy grew up in a dungeon inhabited by many plains pokemon, as well as him and his mother.  His mother...she was so kind...so strong...holding hands with her every day as they walked on each floor of the dungeon.  His mother sought to teach him the layout of the dungeon, but told him to never leave.  The dungeons were the safest place they could be.  One night that he tries to forget is a night where intruders were coming through the plains.  No doubt trying to get to the treasure that lay on the bottom floor.  Iggy's mother was the boss of the plains, and it was her duty to protect the treasure, alongside two Marowak.  

Iggy remembers the pokemon that killed his mom so ruthlessly.  A shiftry, with eyes of pure black.   He passed out shortly after.  When he came to, both his mother and the other two marowak were nowhere to be found.  All that remained was the skull his own mother bore.  With tear soaked eyes, he dawned the skull and left the dungeon.  On the outside world, he traveled many days.  Of course he became lost, since all he knew were the intricate layouts of the dungeon he resided in his entire life.  He cried for days and days, until one group of explorers heard reports of wailing close to a renowned dungeon.  Iggy was taken in by the rescue team, Team Dirt, comprised of a Sandslash and Flygon, and was whisked away to a nearby town.  Since then, Iggy has dedicated himself to try and become an explorer, to try and find his mother's killer, and to be like his saviors.

Cubone, I like this a lot.

I'm going to add the more fleshed out ones to the OP, feel free to add things or change things, just be sure to mention it if you do make changes so that I can know to take a look at it again!

[spoiler=He might just be your great great great... (5 minutes later) Grandpa! (if this one's no good, look below)]

Name: Adalade (AH-dull-laid)

Species: Sigilyph

Ability: Tinted Lens

Moves:
Ancient Power
Psywave
Gust
Whirlwind

[spoiler=Appearance:]
Looks like any other Sigilyph, except for the face that his top eye is blind, the blue part now a milky white. And, although a small and insignificant thing to most, Adalade's "arms" ((the black parts on the main body)) look more like his wings, shape-wise. He's not sure how long they've been like that, and he's also not sure how they came to be that way.

A lot of pokemon describe Adalade using a few choice words: "He's like my grandpa". That's right, Adalade acts as old as he probably is, which is very, very old. He's very knowledgeable, probably because he's so curious that he'll literally fly up and ask someone about whatever he's wondering about. However, he is a tad forgetful, which shows because he's always remembering odd things at the oddest moments, like the name of an obscure berry or trivia about the different species he's encountered. He's also very formal, weather it be with the guildmaster or his guildmates, always calling them by some honorific like "sir" or "ma'am" or "ind".  

Adalade is old. So old, in fact, that his family believed him to be dead many, many years prior to the founding of the guild.

Back before the continent was fully explored, Adalade lived with his two children (what were their names again?) in the craggy arid badlands. He prospered there, finding food and learning about every pokemon that passed under the stone arch where him and his kin lived. It was here, under the arch, where Adalade learned about the ever-growing Explorer's Guild. That night he fell asleep and dreamed of what lied beyond his rocky home.

The next morning, Adalade's children awoke to find that their father... did not. Believing him to have died of age, they left the nest they once called home out of grief. They couldn't stand the sight of their father, however peaceful he was, laying motionless.

Adalade slept for years, ever dreaming of what lie out there beyond. He stayed comatose, lost in his own dreamworld, for so long that he forgot all about the life he lived outside of his dreams. It wasn't until the Explorer's Guild found his nest that he awoke.

Now, Adalade has joined the Explorer's Guild, ecstatic that his dream had become reality. Even though, in the back of his mind, he knows that something is missing... What (or who) could it be?

Misc: his exact age isn't quite known, but he's definitely old enough to have at least 2 generations in front of him.

[spoiler=Do robots meme with electric feels?]

Name: Gaul (gahll)

Species: Golett

Ability: Iron Fist

Moves:

Shadow Punch

Confide

Defense Curl

Rollout

[spoiler=Appearance:]

10mq6ba.png

If the image doesn't show up, their normal chest seal symbol is replaced by an open-ended heart design, and their eyes are a bit wider in a few places than that of the standard Golett

Gaul is, in every essence of the word, oblivious. They fail to pick up on subtleties, such as sarcasm or flirting or anything of the like. If one would want to convey their feelings, they would need to be extremely obvious about it, perhaps going as far as to literally say something along the lines as "I'm trying to flirt with you" or "It was a joke."

Despite this social obliviousness, Gaul is extremely good at dealing with other pokemon's problems, especially the emotional kind. They are kind and caring when a pokemon is upset, and they are firm when the other party needs to get it, whatever it is, through their head. 

Gaul grew up in an environment much different than most Golett. Hatched from an egg by a Chansey and Audino couple who ran an inn and health clinic, Gaul was raised in an aura of caring and support. They were taught the good that can come from helping others, both physically and emotionally, through the odd jobs that their parents sent them to do while in the inn and clinic. One day, while making a bed in the clinic, Gaul heard laughter coming from the next room. Curious as they were at their young age, they finished up the bed in a hurry and decided to peep in to see what was so mirthful.

In that room there sat Gaul's Audino mother beside a Dugtrio, the both of them having a good laugh. The Dugtrio was saying how they tried save a teammate from an attack, and ended up getting stepped on when their teammate dodged it. When one of the heads glanced towards the door, it gestured for Gaul to come in. Gaul's mother introduced them to each other, and the Dugtrio asked Gaul a question that would take them on their exploration:

"Isn't helping others a great thing?"

This question got Gaul thinking, and with thinking came planning. They thought about what it would be like to help others outside of his mothers' inn and clinic. They thought about the Dugtrio and how they were out there in the world, helping others. They knew that they wanted to be just like that Dugtrio. So, with the support from their mothers, Gaul left their home to join the Explorer's Guild. 

Misc:

I actually have this pokemon, except they're shiny and a Golurk now. Oops.

Gaul is a triple A Robot: Agender, Asexual, and Aromantic. 

Also I have discord and skype so I'm fine with either. 

Archived