Quantum's Fragment [IC/Co-Hosted by Kazo & JustYui]

Super Chaos Sonic

PDWGEC2.png

OOC Thread

Opening Theme: The Day

Episode 1: Starting Line

"Reports of a group of villains taking over Grand Central Station are just coming in. We've received word that they are very dangerous and have quite the number of hostages inside. Authorities are unable to coax them into surrendering or getting their demands. We can only hope now that one of New York's heroes can save them."

That was no more than five minutes ago. The frazzled reporter woman relayed this message over the airwaves about villains barging into Grand Central Station and taking a large number of hostages... However, now the television and airwaves said something else.

"Moments ago an explosion occurred from Grand Central Station. From the middle window of the building, a man was launched out, completely drenched from head to toe in water." the reporter's voice said, images of both the man landing on a nearby car's hood and the blown out window were instantly shown on the television screen.

-BGM-

"It has been confirmed that there is a hero confronting the remaining villains." she spoke, before putting her hand to her ear. Her expression changed, lighting up quite a bit. "Ladies and gentlemen, it has been confirmed that the hero in question facing this threat is Muramasa! We have live footage from our chopper...we go live to them."

The images on the screen changed as it shown three men facing one with black hair and wearing a black mask. The footage kept rolling, to where Muramasa swiftly cut into one of the three men's SMGs with his katana, before knocking him out. A few moments afterwards it showed the second shooter turning towards the bound hostages. Suddenly, from Muramasa's hand spawned a large blast of fire, knocking the shooter away.

The remaining criminal backed away in shock, the only one still armed. The man looked down at his gun, and placed it inside his mouth, giving a look of defiance before unloading a clip. Surprisingly, the man did NOT die, instead having his cheeks fill up with bullets.

He charged at Muramasa, spitting out the bullets to distact him as his arm hardened like a diamond. The villain then threw a mighty punch at the hero, hoping to destroy the man's face. However, what he got was something more. Muramasa took a key from his keyring and swiftly injected it into the hilt of his katana, before a massive gust of wind blew back the bullets, before he narrowly dodged the mighty punch.

x393wz.jpg

The broadcast continued to go, showing off a few highlights of the footage mainly finishing on Muramasa walking out of Grand Central Station with the hostages, safe and sound. This was most likely how the students of Mar-Vell Academy awoke to. And one of the many students that awoke to this, or rather was watching the story since it aired...was Cole Stetson in dorm room 269.

"Whoa. Took on an entire group of four armed criminals without breaking a sweat!" Cole mumbled to himself, just sitting at the edge of his bed, watching the TV until it suddenly turned off. It was odd, mainly because Cole had the remote in hand. Which meant...

"NICK! C'mon man! I was watching that!" Cole groaned, only hearing quite a bit of snickering coming from his roommate: Nick Biri.

-BGM-

"What? I didn't do anything." Nick was laying in the bed, arms behind his head with his eyes closed and the least innocent grin in the history of anything. "Might want to check your cables." Because the hero-in-training was using his powers to redirect the currents of electricity away from the outlet to the TV. "It's our first day back, Cole. Let a guy sleep, would ya?"

"Ooooooohhhhh right...the cables." Cole rolled his eyes, scoffing. "You used that line our first day as roommates. So it ain't working this time. Besides..." he stopped, sighing happily. "You gotta admit, Muramasa is pretty amazing. No Fragment on him...but that Vessel of his...i-it's amazing!"

"Oh, yeah, it's cool and stuff." Nick said with a yawn. "But you know what's gonna be cooler? You, when we finally figure out how to wake up that power in ya bud. Don't worry! Me and my dad... mostly me... thought of a lot of different things to try. This is the year, Cole!"

Cole rolled his eyes again, shaking his head slightly. It had been quite a bit of time since his admittance into Mar-Vell and he was still known as the Null-Type student. It was both disheartening and embarrassing to say the least. Still...he was glad Nick was this confident in him.

"Yeah well, just so long as it has nothing to do with any incident like the girl's locker room." Cole chuckled, standing up.

"Don't worry, it's nothing like that. I had an artist friend of mine create posters emblazoned with your image. It's you in a bold pose-naked, save a scale in one hand and a sword in the other. And at your feet, I scrawled a message 'Come at me, bros!' I snuck into every dorm and pinned them above every bed. If an army of students trying to beat you up doesn't awaken your power, I dunno what will!" Nick had the wildest grin as he rolled out of bed.

Cole looked at Nick with wide eyes, as his hand made contact with his face. "ARE YOU INSANE?!" But before Nick had time to retort, both of them heard a loud message over the loudspeakers.

"EXCELSIOR MY STUDENTS!! An announcement for the Sophomores and Juniors of Mar-Vell! The Sophomores will be partaking in the Battle Trial training. While the Juniors will head over to the USJ for their training. Don't be late and excel in your studies! EXCELSIOR!!"

Cole sighed, hearing this before looking back at Nick. "We'll talk later about that....brilliant plan of yours." he grumbled.

"Hey, hey. Don't wanna be late for the first day of the semester, right? Let's get going, Ol' King Cole!" Nick gave Cole a slap on the back and ran off, still laughing hysterically. "Alright, it's the Future Number One and King of the Nulls! Let's crush that USJ!"

[spoiler=OOC Notes]

From Sai: REMEMBER EVERYONE! There's a poster of a nude Cole with a sword and scales saying 'Come at me bro!' over the bed of all characters! Have fun with that! ;D

From Sonic: Oh sweet salty space Christ...what have I gotten myself into? ANYWHO!!! This is the opening post! You may wake up to the news broadcast or however (....yes that even means the posters -_-;...). Regardless, this will give you interaction time with your roommate as you prepare to meet your specific class group for their assignments. Remember....

That's all I gotta say! Without further ado...WELCOME TO QUANTUM'S FRAGMENT!! EXCELSIOR!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaede Kamegawa

As she had for many years, Kaede was up with the sun, before many of the students were even close to awake. She had risen with her family to harvest bamboo, taking in as much of the day as she could. She of course had very little bamboo to harvest here, and since day one hadn't yet started, she really only had one activity in mind.

Before she undertook it, however, her eyes caught the poster that had been attached to the wall over her bed. She blushed a bit as she vaguely recognized the face of a boy in the year ahead of her, one of the Null Types who hadn't awoken his powers yet, not that that bothered the Vessel-bearing Kaede much. The rest of him she saw on the poster was nowhere as familiar, and she hurriedly took it down. 

She was taking it to the trash can when she saw the bed that her roommate occupied. Usagi was still asleep, snoozing fitfully. Kaede only knew her sparingly, having had a few classes with her last year, but the two had never had the opportunity to be together much. She seemed like a very cheerful sort, though, and Kaede thought they could surely get along fine. Especially if she broke the ice with a little prank.

She crossed over to the bed, where Usagi's head poked out of the blankets. She took the poster and set it down on the girl's face, making sure to place it lightly so as not to wake her, the area of Cole that was artfully covered with a sword right between her eyes. She made her way to the desk at the foot of her bed, trying her best not to giggle too loudly as she settled down with a rolled-up scroll at the desk, and went to work.

It wasn't until an hour had passed that she remembered Usagi was blind. 

After she had been awake for over two hours, Kaede's attention was torn from the glowing array of symbols before her by the voice sounded over the loudspeakers. She listened with interest as the voice told her where she should be going, and she took a bite of the bagel she had prepared for herself thoughtfully as the announcement came to a close.

"Battle Trial training?" She turned to Usagi, who doubtless had to have been awoken by the announcement, if she wasn't already, the poster having been removed before she woke by an embarrassed Kaede. Kaede wasn't quite sure she had awoken, having been too absorbed in her work to really register much around her. "What do you think they'll have us do, Usagi-san?" The Japanese honorific slipped into her English, as it often did, but Kaede and Usagi were both Japanese, so it felt more natural.

"We better get going," she sighed, snapping the glowing scroll shut, reverting it to its unassuming inactive form. "Care to walk with me, Usagi-san?"

- - - - - - - 

Hadley Fitzpatrick

Hadley was not in a good mood. Her flight in from France had been delayed several hours, and she had not reached New York until well past midnight, refusing to stay in a hotel there, despite the fervent requests the administration had sent her, and she had, in her irritation, dragged half the housing staff awake to get her into her room. She had arrived to find her roommate asleep already, nothing but a patch of hair sticking out of the sheets to identify them. She had dropped her suitcases at the foot of the unmade bed and fallen into both it and a deep sleep.

She raised her head slowly at the sound of the announcement, eyes tired slits underneath the sleep-tousled wreck that was her long black hair. She let out an irritated groan, sliding out of bed to weakly stand in her rumpled clothes she had worn on the plane. She turned her eyes around the room, the first thing she found that displeased her being a poster hung above her bed. Her ruby eyes impossibly narrowed even further, and she reached up to tear the poster off the wall with a swift jerk of her arm.

She turned to the bed of her roommate. "Hey," she grunted, her Irish lilt flatter than usual in her sleepy state. "You know what the hell this is?" It was only then that she spotted what the dark had hidden from her the night before: Her roommate was not a girl.

"... What? A boy?" she asked, voice getting louder as her anger stoked her brain awake. "The hell are they thinkin' puttin' me with a BOY. Bollocks." She dropped the poster, stumbling into the bathroom, dragging an entire suitcase with her rather than sort through it then for clothing. "Don't come in ye wanna keep your head on," she called out to Altair, the sound of the shower and viciously whispered swearing following. She began the revitalizing, scalding hot shower, face fixed in a glare. Rooming with a BOY. Were they off their nut?

She emerged fifteen minutes later, though she really wanted to remain there for another hour. While her appearance in general was greatly improved, with her red and black shirt, clean jeans, and black sleeveless hoodie over her hiking boots, her expression of anger and standoffishness remained, the only difference being that her eyes were now fully open to glare at Altair.

She pointed at him now. "I'll get you sorted when I get back," she promised him, tossing her suitcase on top of her bed, her voice sufficiently awoken to sting with the full impact of her heavy Irish voice. She stormed out, slamming the door shut as she headed for the USJ. Training. What a way to start the first day back. 

She scowled angrily. Her power was still just as hard for her to manage as ever, and two years at this school hadn't done much to change that. She was doubtful her third would either. 

In the early hours of the morning, one could hear a certain young man carrying a single cardboard box up the last flight of stairs to the third floor. Alejandro's belongings were few and consisted of hand-me-down clothes, a couple of football posters (soccer, as he was forced to start calling it in the States) and an used copy of the Theogony by Hesiod, the only actual item he owned.

It was a present from his mother the day he left the country to enroll in Mar-Vell, and it was the same book he'd checked out every weekend for a couple of years now. He wondered if they had a library in this school, "It's probably bigger than my town's...seeing as Americans love king sizing everything..." he chuckled to himself, opening the door to room 324. 

The first thing Alejandro noticed about his room, besides the fact that it was probably bigger than his house's living room, was the fact that there was already someone in it: a raven-haired girl soundly asleep. Probably too asleep, since somebody had apparently entered before him and pinned a poster above her bed, and his also. Examining the poster, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the image of a young man, about his age, completely naked apart from a sword and a scale, "Either this is the best prank ever, or this guy has some serious huevos." Setting the box on his bed, Alejandro pulled some clothes out and hopped in the shower. Since he had just arrived in New York, due to his parents saving money for the flight up to the eleventh hour, he hadn't had the time to stop and relax. 

"EXCELSIOR MY STUDENTS!! An announcement for the Sophomores and Juniors of Mar-Vell! The Sophomores will be partaking in the Battle Trial training. While the Juniors will head over to the USJ for their training. Don't be late and excel in your studies! EXCELSIOR!!"

Of course, he wouldn't have the luxury to catch a break, "I'm a sophomore right? So that means battle trial. Against people who probably have had their powers for longer than I have or have used them for something other than construction work. Yay." Sighing about having to leave the shower, Alejandro slipped into some jeans and a plain black t-shirt.

Making his way to the door, he saw the sleeping girl again and shook her slightly, not wanting her to be late for class, "Hey, piba. Didn't you hear the speakers? Hello?" Nothing but snores. Lovely. Alejandro grabbed a pen and scribbled on the backside of one of the mysterious naked guy posters:

"Hey, roommate here. I'll be leaving, see you in class if we do happen to be in the same. Otherwise, see you back here later.

-Alejandro.

PS: I'm not the guy in the picture.

PPS: I'm like, way cuter."

He then carefuly left the note on top of her still sleeping body before rushing off, excited for his first day, "I've got a feeling today's gonna be just Mar-Vell-ous. Gosh I wish somebody was around to hear that."

KCc49dD.png

In Mar-Vell's dorms, dorm number 102 seemed a bit odd. Namely, the three space heaters enthusiastically projecting hot air onto one of the two beds, which came equipped with a heavy wool blanket and an electric one underneath. The scene looked more like something out of a desolate frozen wasteland than a high school dorm in Manhattan, but this was all necessary. Under those blankets and in the space of those heaters was a girl, but it was hard to tell when the only thing poking out of her covers was the head of a large stuffed goat. Aurora was the first in her dorm to wake up, and her roomie didn't look like he'd be getting up any time soon.

No big deal. Aurora directed her attention to the assorted items at a small table near the foot of her bed. They included a quintet of thermoses, several boxes of hot chocolate mix, and a coffee machine. The coffee machine trick was something August's folks had taught her back home; put water through the machine without any actual coffee inside to get it hot, add hot chocolate mix, and bam, instant hot chocolate. It saved her a lot of time in the mornings, which meant she got to do important stuff faster. Aurora had kept some water sitting hot overnight, as she tended to. That meant she could get right down to business. Aurora poured the water into each of the five thermoses, followed by a package each of hot chocolate mix. She closed each one tight, shook them up vigorously, and looked at the thermoses of freshly-made hot chocolate, content with her handiwork.

Aurora had gotten showered and dressed rather unceremoniously, though one could perhaps mistake her as taking a trip to Alaska as opposed to just dressing for an everyday occasion if they weren't familiar with her Fragment. In fact, she was just about to go next door and say hi to her good friend August, when...

Then she turned to the other bed, to see her roommate still sleeping. Stepping over to his bedside, Aurora leaned over and extended a single finger, nudging his cheek with a playful "Up 'n' at 'em, sleepyhead~" If her voice and poking Caleb didn't wake him up, the quickly cooling air around her - and thus, around him - most likely would.

tXtTHnK.png

Usagi felt something moving over her...a person, carrying something and setting itdown. Followed by someone giggling. It was suspicious. But she was too tired to care. She didn't even know what time it was, but finding her way to her dorm last night had been a mess, and a girl needed her beauty sleep. Ten more minutes... She decided to herself. She woke up at least an hour later, to the sound of somebody's voice through the speakers.

The blind girl shot awake to the announcement. "I overslept!" she exclaimed. And then she heard another voice. Female, soft...right, her roommate. Kamegawa Kaede-chan, who Usagi had met last year. She was excited to meet another student who had come to Mar-Vell all the way from Japan, and by a stroke of luck, the two were roomies th-why was she thinking about that she'd be late!

"Battle Trial training? What do you think they'll have us do, Usagi-san?"

"I did that last year; they'll put you into teams of two then you'll duke it out as heroes and villains. It's actually really fun," Usagi smiled, feeling and reaching around for the suitcase she'd placed in a location she'd remember the night before, before opening it up and picking together an outfit she was confident with. A pink t-shirt with a small bunny on it and jeans were her choice. And of course, the goggles that had been hanging off the foot of her bed. Usagi picked up her clothes, dashed into the bathroom, and was out again in the course of about five minutes, dressed. For somebody who couldn't see what she was doing, Usagi could get in and out of the bathroom pretty quickly if she was in a rush. Just in time to hear Kaede speak again.

"We better get going. Care to walk with me, Usagi-san?"

"Of course, Kaede-chan," Usagi responded, facing and extending her hand toward her roomie...almost. She was about 20 degrees off from the direction Kaede would actually be in.

Emily woke up to the sound of a door closing. She yawned, stretched, and rubbed the sleep from here eyes. She looked to the bed across the room, which was where her roommate must have been. Emily frowned, having just missed the girl. No matter, they would meet later. She looked to the side of her bed, where a few thumb tacks adorned the wall, implying something had had been hanging their prior. How peculiar...it seemed to have been taken down. Emily shrugged, and hoped it wasn't something important. She spent some time cleaning up, by brushing her hair, teeth, and taking care of personal hygiene. She chose to put on a pair of black compression shorts, a white tank top with a purple butterfly centered. She put on her white running shoes, and grabbed a pop-tart from her bag. As she started to eat it, an announcement was made to the students.

"Oh no! I must have spent too much time preparing for today! " Emily said to herself as she clasped her hands over her mouth. She peered out the room, which seemed to have a crowd amassing a bit further down. She decided it would be best to avoid whatever that was for now, and instead look for her class before she was...tardy. Just one problem...she didn't know where to go.

"Damn...Well...I'm sure I can find it." She mumbled to herself, moving down the stairs. While strolling along the halls, she looked around for people, hoping to find someone that could show her the way.

Victoria woke up at 6:30 am sharp due to the quiet beeping of her phone alarm next to her head. She fumbled with the device for a few moments, unused to needing an alarm to wake her up when a maid would usually come for her. Her attention was drawn next to the obscenity above her bed. Face contorting in disgust, she tore it off and swiftly sent it into the trash. Back home, if anyone dared present her with such insult, there would be hell to pay, but she wasn't in any mood to deal with such filth right now. She yawned.

Standing up, Victoria reached over to pull up the curtains hoping the bright sunlight would jolt away her stupor when she remembered there was another girl sleeping in the bed across from hers.

This new environment disoriented her.

She withdrew her hand from the curtains.

She should be having breakfast served to her by now. In bed, or in the dining room, depending on what her mood desired.

Noticing an identical poster above the other girl's bed, she tore that one off as well. No girl should wake up to such a thing. Studying the other girl's sleeping face for a moment, Victoria walked away disinterested. No one she knew would dye their hair ostentatious colors like that.

She dressed quickly and quietly and grabbed her gym bag before departing from the dorm.

iU8EggM.png

"This is stupid..." Victoria muttered to herself as she looked at one of the several training gyms Mar-Vell had. She approached the door, but it needed an identification key. However, that proved no problem for her as she cut a triangular hole with her axe and entered. The fallen door then pieced itself back together behind her.

"My, my, what am I? One of those stupid heroes from those mangos or whatever that Alex loves to read?" Then, she remembered Alex was in the hospital in a coma and was no longer capable of reading his beloved mangos and she quieted herself. Her blood felt like boiling again as she thought back to that incident. Probably one of the worst supervillain incidents in recent months with the sheer number of injured. Worst of all, it was all people related to her. Other people didn't concern her.

"Very well. Dominique, Alex, Tashawnna, Elizabeth... and Alice..." she named off the worse injured of her comrades whose conditions had no signs yet of improving and the one who went missing. "I do this for you." She stepped over to one of the huge machines in the rooms and quickly figured out how to operate it. With a few clicks and adjustments, she turned it on and stepped into the middle of the gym. Rubber balls, the size of softballs, started firing out of various barrels positioned around the rooms. She managed to slice the first one, dodge the next, but the one after that slammed into her calf. They were not hard, but the sheer velocity of that shot brought her down on one knee. The difficulty quickly ramped up and Victoria rolled out as best she could from the danger zone.

She had, of course, in her pride set it up on maximum difficulty. There was also one even above that, but it required authentication. She lay there for a few moments longer and reminded herself that there was no one here to cater to her and pick her back up. She walked back over to the machine and put it down a single notch, before hesitating and pulling it all the way down. "It's only proper to start at the beginning," she told herself haughtily as she went about trying again.

iU8EggM.png

When Alejandro tried to rouse her, Isabelle was already awake, but she simply didn't want to deal with him. After he left, she got up and rubbed her eyes. "Ah, that isn't good... I was going to start making friends..."

She couldn't just keep shying away from other people. It was a new school year and time for a fresh start. Just like that guy said, the day was going to be... "That pun... it was kinda funny... How do I even approach him? Would I just go up and tell him I think he's funny... No... That would be weird, and that would let him know I was only pretending to sleep..."

Then she noticed the note that had fallen into the coils of her blanket. A greeting. "With this, it's only right I say 'Hi' to him later, right?" She nodded and got up, not noticing the softcore porn on the other side.

"I can't be late on the first day," she said resolutely as she went out.

iU8EggM.png

"Ahhh..." said Victoria, stepping out of the gym's shower. "Maybe I shouldn't have tired myself out before school... No, there's no problem."

She dressed herself in fresh clothes and looked into the mirror as she bit on a chocolate energy bar. A soft smile graced her lips. Her mood was brightened with her recent work out. "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the strongest of them all?" she said. "I will be, of course. In due time."

With that, she headed for class.

uqvJT61.png?1

August stood there, trying to make sense of what he was looking at. He wasn't quite sure why it was here, or even how it got there for that matter, but there it was. A poster hung above both his and his roommate's bed. It depicted a male around their age, somewhat familiar looking, with a sword and scale. And he was naked for some reason. While the message was clearly one of provoking whoever so saw it, but he wasn't quite sure the intended purpose of the nudity was. Regardless, the message was received with August, as the man who did this was practically a villain in the making with all of the rules he broke and must have broken in order to get these posters here and just them existing in general. 

Removing it from the bed, the young boy started folding the poster up, slowly and carefully. While it seemed overall meticulous and completely arbitrary, as the boy could've just crumpled it in his hands as any other person could have, it was something he felt was important to do. Or rather, he felt it important to keep the idea behind it in constant practice. When it was finally over and done with, the poster that had been plastered onto his bed was now nothing more than a small folded paper square. Casually putting it in the trash can from there, the boy was just about ready to start the rest of his day when he heard the announcements of what they'd be doing for class today. August didn't really seem all that phased by the idea of battle training, simply figuring that whatever it was would just be good practice for him. 

After getting on his jacket, the boy walked over to the poster and crushed it into a ball, before throwing it at his sleeping roommate, in order to rouse them from their slumber. "Class is starting soon so you should probably get up. Oh, and be sure to throw that paper out before you leave." With that, August left his room, and walked over to the room adjacent. Tapping on the door with a singular knuckle he said, "Aurora, class is starting and sleeping in again would be bad, so come on." With that, he simply waited outside his friend's door, awaiting them to come out, as he had every bit of confidence that she hadn't left yet.

Kira Ousawa

QAmYaIy.jpeg

Kira was already conscious before the blaring announcement reached his ears. He had instead opted to remain under the covers, contemplating about the his present life in Mar-Vell Academy. It was tiring, spending hours into the night in order to try to control his Fragment, and he found himself to be exhausted in both mind and body each day.

A light, rough object broke Kira from his thoughts as it collided lightly on the back of his head before rolling down his shoulder. Kira deduced that it was most likely his roommate being the perpetrator, August Adler. Both Fragment holders haven't spoke much to each other once they realized that they were roommates.

"Class is starting soon so you should probably get up. Oh, and be sure to throw that paper out before you leave." Kira heard the door to their room close as August's fading footsteps signalled his leave.

Sighing, Kira reached for his glasses on a nightstand beside him. He slowly picked himself up from the bed when a crumpled object suddenly bumped into his right hand.

"Paper?"

Unfurling the crushed poster, Kira deadpanned when his realized that it was a picture of a boy around their age. However, the boy was portrayed in his birthday suit while carrying a sword and a scale, striking a bold pose. One hundred percent provocative material.

"Come at me bros." The teen emotionlessly read out loud.

Kira tossed the poster into the trash can as he quickly put a black sweater on, shaking his head in disapproval. He soon noticed a second copy of the poster pinned above his bed as he zipped up his olive jeans. Tearing it off, the teen quickly crumpled it and had the poster join its clone inside the trash can with a second toss.

Having missed a year due to his injuries, Kira was still a Junior at Mar-Vell even though he was a year older than his would be classmates. However, he felt nothing negative about being a year behind in schooling. After all, his performance in academics was above the usual Standard of Excellence.

Kira weakly took out a small photograph that he kept in his nightstand drawer. It depicted four individuals in the picture, with an amusement park in the background. However, there was a scorch mark that caused one of the faces to smudge, who looked to be a young teenage boy from the assumed height.

"Mom, Dad, Kotori. I miss you all. Badly." He whispered solemnly.

Suddenly, Kira's left eye glowed red as he clenched his fist angrily with his free hand. The teen now bore a menacing expression as his eyes turned feral. He was glad that August had left earlier, or otherwise he would've made his roommate very uncomfortable if he were to see him now.

"Just please wait a little longer. Once I master this Fragment, I'll avenge all of you."

As quickly as it had arrived, Kira's mood deflated spontaneously as he shakily put the photograph of his family back into the drawer. The teen quickly finished his morning rituals since he was now running a tad late. Finished with that, Kira checked the items that he would need for today. He declared himself prepared to leave once everything was accounted for.

"I wonder what kind of messed up simulation they have in store today?" Kira wondered as he wrapped a scarf around his neck. It was the last gift he had received from his parents, bearing a tanned colour.

Stepping out, the teen locked the door and prepared to face the day ahead.

Altair sighed as he woke up from his slumber. Opening his eyes, he was greeted with the sight of a poster. This special piece of paper contained the sight of a naked boy... was that the Null King, Cole?

"... Gawds... what da 'ell is dat?" Altair asked, his country accent sounding thick. His fingers went to his chest, rubbing a strange metal cylinder embedded in his chest. A confident voice filled his ears: his partner and power, Nova.

"Hey, Al. Are you really Bisexual and didn't tell me? Not that's there's anything wrong with that," The human sighed, but before he could answer, another voice filled the air.

"Hey," a very Irish, a very female, voice called out. "You know what the hell this is?" He slowly turned his head in horror to see what he didn't know last night: his roommate was not a guy. "... What? A boy?" she asked, voice getting louder and angrier. Oh, cow s***. An angry girl was never good. "The hell are they thinkin' puttin' me with a BOY? Bollocks." The 'ell were they thinking, putting him with a GIRL? Said girl proceeded to drag an entire suitcase to the shower. "Don't come in ye wanna keep your head on," she called out to Altair, the sound of the shower and viciously whispered swearing following. Altair sighed. What did she think he was, a pervert?

He laid on the bed for the next fifteen minutes, unable to really do anything while she was in the shower. Well, he was kinda screwed, now wasn't he? How was he going to handle the rumors, the teasing he knew would come... the fact that she probably hated him... this year was off to a bad start. He then heard the bathroom door opening, so he quickly hid under his covers.

"I'll get you sorted when I get back," Her voice carried the tone that this was a promise and a threat. s***, s***, s***!! When she left, Altair quickly ran into the bathroom, brushing his teeth rapidly. He needed to go! Still, Nova had to give his two cents to the situation. 

"Wow. What a b****," He stated to Altair. The alien cylinder got no response, however. With a sigh, a black liquid began to sweep out of the cylinder, covering the human's body and producing a black suit. With a sigh, Altair ran out, headed for the battle training. Time to see if he was truly capable of standing with natural born heroes.

Caleb awoke to a sensation not unlike when snow lands on one's cheek. Just a tiny dot of cold touching his face. Blindly reaching to his bedside table, he grabbed and put on his sunglasses, casually brushing Aurora's hand away from his face in the process. Opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was a strangely obscene and provocative poster, apparently some sort of challenge. If this was the standard for strength around here, this year would be even more boring than the last. "Fuckin tryhards..."

Slowly shifting into a sitting position, he placed a hand against his chin, tilting his head back and forth, eliciting several loud pops from his neck. "Dammit Igloo, you fill the room with heaters and don't even turn them on? It's freezing in here." Yawning, Caleb grabbed a plain hoodie, slipping it on over the t-shirt he used as sleepwear. "It's only the first day, so I doubt there will be much occasion to dress for." Without giving his dorm-mate any other acknowledgment, or even changing out of his pajama pants, he slipped on his shoes and opened the door to leave, only to see a younger boy standing in front of him. The random stranger was probably about the same height at Caleb, but with his slouch it made this unforeseen arrival appear to tower over him. "Huh. Didn't know Igloo had a boyfriend." Slipping past August, Caleb waved the boy off, speaking over his shoulder, "Have fun you too, but make sure not to be late for... whatever."

Realizing in that moment that he truly had no clue as for the day's schedule, nor the layout of the school, Caleb simply shrugged and continued on his way. It would be easy enough to figure out. Unfortunately, rather than someone who could potentially help him, the first one he saw was a younger girl, seemingly more confused than himself. Reaching up and scratching the back of his head, he debated whether it would be worth his time to ask her if she knew what was going on, considering how clueless she already appeared. "So, is the pink hair to rebel against society? Seems a little played out, don't you think?

"Alright, it's the Future Number One and King of the Nulls! Let's crush that USJ!"

Cole sighed in defeat as he looked at Nick acting so triumphantly. Well at least he was pumped for class...which was a shock. However, as Cole finally moved towards the door, opening it...the Null-Type would soon get more than he bargained for.

"THERE HE IS!!!"

-BGM-

Outside of dorm 269, there stood a huge mob of students with furious looks on their faces. And in their hands...of course, the posters that Nick put out. His eyes went wide as he saw the front runner of this angry mob step up to him.

"You are a sick person!" he shouted at the young man. "Is this your idea of a practical joke? Do you get your sick kicks off this?"

By this time, Cole was a babbling mess and was stumbling over his words. What else was he to say? "N-No it wasn't me! I-I swear...I would never do that!" ....one thing he could say. But as Cole began to open his mouth, he watched the guy in front of him begin to materialize fire in his hand.

"Since the old disciplinary leader graduated...looks like you're going to be burnt to a crisp!"

Cole backed up quickly, tripping slightly before beginning to crawl back. "N-NIIIIIIIICK!!! A-A little assistance!!" he shouted to his roommate. "D-Dude's got fire!!! Angry mob!!"

With a sigh, Nick opened the window before heading to the guy, grabbing the guy's face. "Your face explode..." he simply said before he zapped the guy with electricity, causing the fire Fragment user to fall to the ground, spazzing out. "You all are idiots! You thought Cole hung all those posters, but... KONO NICK DA!! It was me, all along! And you'll never catch me!" Grabbing Cole's hand, he dashed back into the room, leaping out the window, laughing like a maniac as they fell to the earth.

"N-NIIIIIIIIICK!!!" Cole shouted, yelling at the top of his lungs. "I-I'm gonna kill you Nick!!" he said, only to see his very crazy roommate laughing.

"Y-You sonuva..." the Fire Fragment user finally stood up, gritting his teeth as he walked from the mob, trying to find out where Nick and his roommate landed. But with that, the mob soon began to dissipate...

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

Time began to slowly tick by as those in the Sophomore and Junior classes began to make their ways towards their specific destinations: for the Sophomores, an area that had quite a number of vacant bare buildings in the sort of manner one would find at a movie set as props, and for the Juniors, a building that was simply known as the USJ. Each student -if possible- was donning their own heroic outfit, unless they didn't have one. Those without hero outfit wore the school's P.E. uniform instead.

Sophomore - Battle Trials

-BGM-

For the Sophomores, a man waited at the entrance, his arms folded over his chest as he awaited for the students to walk in. His spiky brown hair flowed in the wind as the tattered green Gi he wore flowed in sync. His green eyes looked over the group that assembled before him, like he was looking for something. It seemed like he didn't find it, be he spoke anyways.

"Good morning." he greeted. "As you all know, you will be participating in the Battle Trials." he stated, not moving one inch from his spot. "You will be divided into teams of two, and from there, we will pick two teams to face off. One will be the villain team, while the other will be the hero team. You will fight until one team drops or an objective is fulfilled. Any questions?"

Juniors - Unforeseen Simulation Joint

-BGM-

Within the confines of this immaculate building, stood near the entrance of it Muramasa. He leaned up against the railings of the stairs as he watched another person approaching the entrance. A small smirk reached across his face as he began to chuckle, seeing the box of candy in the woman's hand.

"I'll assume another long night of no sleep, Nadia?" Muramasa called out in jest, watching the woman Nadia (AKA: Collider) walk up the steps. "You realize your class will be here any moment now...you better wake up fast."

As he said this, the doors of the USJ opened, revealing the Junior class entering in. And near the front, Muramasa could see the one candidate he chose to be in Mar-Vell: Cole Stetson. Next to him was a blue haired boy...the two obviously chatting...

"I TOLD YOU that was going to be a bad idea!!" Cole groaned, shaking his head, as he stopped along with the other students of his class, seeing the two heroes before them

"Hey Collider...your class is here." Muramasa said, pointing his thumb towards the group.

[spoiler=OOC]

Alrighty now! Things for you to consider when posting this go around!!

1. If you had character interaction in the process, address this in your post and have your character respond accordingly.
  2. Once that's done, have your character to head to their respective class.
  3. Sai's teacher is dealing with the Battle Trials, while Yui's teacher and my substitute are dealing with USJ.
  4. Also...this will be your time to finally be in costume! Have fun with that! ;D

rtGOeZW.png

The Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or USJ. A massive building designed for Mar-Vell's use to train students on saving civilians in simulated disaster situations. Currently, only two living things were in the training area. One was Nadia Penn, formerly known as the hero Collider. As she tended to, Nadia looked like she didn't get quite enough sleep last night, and in her hand was a green box filled with brightly-colored, pill-shaped candies. Each color was packed with a different fruit flavor. Today, she wore the outfit of Collider, minus a mask that had been since discarded. The students wouldn't be able to see it, but stuffed away in a couple spots of the outfit were four more candy boxes. The other person currently here...

“I’ll assume another long night of no sleep, Nadia? You realize your class will be here any moment now...you better wake up fast.”

"I'd call the night worth it," Nadia jested right back. "Rare drops, the thrill of end-game content, you know how it is."

“Hey Collider...your class is here.”

"So they are." Nadia popped a yellow candy into her mouth; lemon-flavored. Turning to face the class, Nadia put her game face on; a perfectly serious expression despite the bright candy box in her hand. This was the part of her job she took most seriously. After all, this was the most important day of her class's junior year! How they handled the important job of saving civilians wasn't anything to take lightly; it would set the tone for what to expect from each student for the rest of the year. Speaking of the students, the class Nadia was in charge of teaching arrived at the USJ, right on time. Excellent. Picking out a purple grape-flavored candy from her box, Nadia popped it into her mouth and chewed for a moment before swallowing the candy down and addressing her class.

"Welcome to the most important day of your time at Mar-Vell," Nadia started. "I'm your teacher this year, Ms. Penn, or Collider, and this wonderful place is the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. We're going to split you off into teams of two at random and send you into these simulation areas, where you'll save dummy civilians from all sorts of nasty sheet. There's four of them." Raising a finger as she explained each area, Nadia began to list off the USJ's sections.

"The wildfire zone features a city set on fire. You'll save civilians by either extinguishing the burning buildings, going in and getting them out of the buildings, or both. When we activate it, the flood zone will trigger a big flash flood and heavy rainfall. Your job there is to get civilians out of the water and to high ground. The earthquake zone is precisely that; the ground will shake, it'll split open, and buildings will start collapsing. You're going to get civilians out of harm's way from fissues, and/or check under the rubble of fallen buildings for survivors. Last, and my personal favorite, is the tornado zone. Your USJ section will have a big nasty twister to cope with, and you'll get as many civilians to shelters as possible. My job also demands I tell you that you can and probably will get injured here, and I'm not going to deactivate a zone just because you're hurt or scared, got it?"

Nadia then gave the students a moment to let all that sink in. What each zone was, how to rescue civilians in them, and the fact that they could very well be injured in their respective zones. While she let them take all the information in, Nadia flipped the box in her left hand over, causing a red candy to slip out into her right hand. She popped it into her mouth, chewed, and swallowed. Cherry-flavored. Delicious.

"Any questions before we start?"

KCc49dD.png

There was a tapping at the dorm door. Very neat, but firm. Aurora had an idea of who that would be.

"Aurora, class is starting and sleeping in again would be bad, so come on."

Yep, it was August. How would he feel knowing that she'd been up before the announcement? She was already showered, dressed, and ready to face the day ahead! Combat training! How exciting! That was definitely something she'd excel at; she was very powerful after all. That said, she'd met some pretty impressive students last year. It was something to look forward to; seeing who was the most powerful of the bunch, and seeing if there was anyone stronger than her. Speaking of strong people, apparently the boy sleeping in front of her was also really strong? That's what she'd heard in a passing rumor at some point, but...

"Dammit Igloo, you fill the room with heaters and don't even turn them on? It's freezing in here."

How rude! Could somebody like this really be that powerful!? The heaters were on! Just...not facing Aurora's roomie. He reached for a hoodie, talking about there not being much of an occasion to dress for, before opening the door and talking about August, who was right there.

"Huh. Didn't know Igloo had a boyfriend. Have fun you too, but make sure not to be late for... whatever."

Igloo, huh? It's...kinda cute, I guess. I'd rather be called something that's actually cute though, like a penguin...or a goat. Whatever. Aurora grabbed her bag, stuffed the thermoses into it, then walked through the doorway with an anticipating smile on her face, shutting it behind her and turning to face her very own bestie. "Now then, let's go show 'em who's boss, August."

iU8EggM.png

So this was the combat training area? Mar-Vell never failed to impress, did they? Aurora was in hero mode, which definitely had her standing out compared to everyone else, what with all the winter clothes that made up her hero costume. For their convenience, Aurora was standing a distance back, just outside the radius of her passive air-cooling. Before the students stood a man with brown hair in green clothes. Based on his next words, he was the teacher. Either that or he was only here to explain how the combat training worked.

“Good morning. As you all know, you will be participating in the Battle Trials. You will divided into teams of two, and from there, we will pick two teams to face off. One will be the villain team, while the other will be the hero team. You will fight until one team drops or an objective is fulfilled. Any questions?”

"I have a question," Aurora spoke up, raising a hand. "Will we have the opportunity to choose our partners?"

tXtTHnK.png

USJ. For a short moment along the way, Usagi had forgotten which country she was in and believed she was being treated to a theme park on her first day of junior year. She was ready to say things like, Wow, American schools are way more laid-back than Japan's!, I've been here a couple times before; it was lots of fun., or So why are American students going to a Japanese amusement park anyway? However, Universal Studios Japan was not her destination. Instead, it was the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. A place, where, according to the teacher, the students would deal with dangerous disasters and save civilians.

The teacher then asked if there were any questions. Nothing of note came to Usagi; not that she didn't know the answer to. She wanted to ask what she was supposed to do without being able to see, but the answer was clear wasn't it? Besides, it just meant doing what Usagi would have done anyway. Her best. That was exactly what she'd do! After all, this was the worst possible time to be afraid. She'd already dealt with one year pretty well, and now that she'd proven herself against other students, it was time to test her mettle against the forces of nature.

...for a generous definition of "nature".

Alejandro Ferro, Hephaestus

After some minutes of running, getting lost or stopping to tell a group of senior students a joke he just remembered, Alejandro somehow barely made it to the Battle Trial area, not before changing into his simple-yet-effective hero costume. Still sprinting, he came to a halt near the back of the group, where only a small girl stood. Something was off, however. It was pleasantly chilly for some reason, not that Alejandro minded. The cold wind on his sweaty body felt specially soothing and seeing the overly-bundled girl next to him he could only assume that was her Fragment's doing, "I might just chill around back here for a while..." Alejandro joked, smiling at the young girl.

“Good morning. As you all know, you will be participating in the Battle Trials. You will divided into teams of two, and from there, we will pick two teams to face off. One will be the villain team, while the other will be the hero team. You will fight until one team drops or an objective is fulfilled. Any questions?”

The teacher's voice went right through Alejandro, who was marvelled (heh) as he just now realized the sheer size of the training area, "Puta madre...Just how high is this school's funding?" He was snapped back to Earth when the girl next to him asked the teacher a question. He also realized that he had no idea what the man just said. Something about teams? Great. Alejandro made sure to pay extra attention from now on, and maybe figure out what the battle training consists of before it begins.

x393wz.jpg

Ryder Greene, Corner

Amongst the junior class, Ryder Greene walked nonchalantly, doing her best to fit with the crowd. That was easier said than done, given her luxurious-looking hero costume, her 5'7 height and her...other noticeable qualities. She hoped that nobody'd talk to her for now, being awfully tizzy about her first day at Mar-Vell.

As the young teacher talked, Ryder kept getting more and more nervous, albeit her nerves were getting mixed with a weird feeling of excitement, "Saving civilians..." she muttered to herself, thinking. Ryder's first heroic deed that marked the beginning of her career. There was no way to not be excited, nor nervous. Specially for Ryder, who'd lived surrounded by crime. She wasn't calm nor collected like she wanted to...

But she was ready.

"So, is the pink hair to rebel against society? Seems a little played out, don't you think?

Emily quickly spun around, the comment drawing her attention. She had half a mind to retort by roasting this kid, when she turned around her opinion shifted. By no means was he an average student. This one seemed to have an attitude. He was rocking pajama bottoms and a hoodie. Not quite the hero outfit...Hero outfit! She had totally forgot to bring hers. It was hand tailored for her by a friend that owed her father a favor. 

"Omg, are the pajama bottoms to, like, make sleeping in class more comfortable?" She responded to him, raising a brow. There wasn't much hostility, rather a bit of tongue and cheek humor. "Though I totes gotta thank you, 'cuz like, your peculiar outfit reminded me that I forgot something. Give me a moment." She said, raising her arms and pointing them back up the stairs. 

Immediately, a large gust of wind seemed to form in the halls. Open doors slammed shut, and loose papers and lint picked up. Emily ran along with it, dashing right up the stairs. As soon as she got up them, the blustering wind subsided. She threw on her costume pretty quick, minus the mask, and zipped back on down the stairs. Record time too, it took her 45 seconds all together.

"I'm Emily." She said, offering him her hand.

Emily must have felt foolish for not knowing where to go. The large, mock city, reminded her of Hollywood back in California. All sorts of buildings set up, props lying about. She entered the class, right on time. Not quite first, but not quite last, she stood in the middle. A few others trickled in, one student making it only seconds before the bell. Emily awaited the teacher's words of wisdom.

“Good morning. As you all know, you will be participating in the Battle Trials. You will divided into teams of two, and from there, we will pick two teams to face off. One will be the villain team, while the other will be the hero team. You will fight until one team drops or an objective is fulfilled. Any questions?”

At that, she raised a brow. It seemed simple enough. Immediately the most important question was asked by some girl in the back. Emily turned to look at her. She was bundled up in lots of clothing, as if to keep warm. That was something Emily could relate to. She remembered moving from always sunny California to freezing New York. On the bright side, she had a white Christmas for a change.

"Will we have the opportunity to choose our partners?"

Emily winced at that. That was the last thing she had wanted. She was still new to this school, and did not like the idea of being last picked. As a matter of fact, she hated being last picked for anything. Even then, people who knew each other would have a distinct advantage over those who didn't. It would be a rigged system. Emily refused to believe the teachers would allow that. She thought on the task at hand. Surely the teacher would go into more depth on their objective. But Emily knew she had to ask a question, see what she could coax out until the task was assigned. Early preparation would be vital for formulating the most optimum strategy. Emily hated losing, so that wasn't an option. She then raised her hand.

"How much collateral is allowed for both heroes and villains?" She inquired.

uqvJT61.png?1

As August knocked on the door, the person to respond was quite possibly the exact opposite of who he was expecting. Seeing the man who was quite lazily dressed, and had an expression on his face to match, August didn't really pay the boy's comment much mind. He similarly waved him off saying, "likewise." Shortly afterward, Aurora walked out the door, already ready to get going on to their combat training. Nodding towards the enthusiastic girl, with an expression that showed little of his own, he simply affirmed her statement by saying, "let's." 

Once at the class "room," quite like everyone else who was able to, August was already in his hero outfit. It wasn't something that really lent itself to any complexity, in fact really just looking like regular clothing with a sash around his eyes, yet he didn't mind. The overall simplicity of it felt like something that fit the use of his powers, and so even after having a year gone by with it, it remained the same as it had since it's conceptual stage. Once all the students were there, the instructor there was already ready to get the class down to business. August wasn't really concerned about the people in each pair, though having his choice would have preferred, he knew that at the end of the day the results would be the same. And given the only question that seemed incredibly pressing to him was already asked, August simply stood back and waited for the show to get on the road. 

Kaede Kamegawa

"Oh, heroes and villains? I guess I'll need this, then," she said, reaching over to her bedside table and picking up a straw hat, shaped like a flattened cone. It was the main part of the ensemble that was her hero outfit, and she assembled it quickly as Usagi got ready.

"Well then... here we go," she said, a little nervously, but with excitement running through in undertones. 

The area Kaede found herself in was a very strange one to her. The buildings around her reached high into the sky, a far cry from the small huts she was used to back at home. In Kaede's village there were no buildings taller than two stories, and even the nearest city barely had any that stretched above three. 

"They're all so big..." she murmured, eyes wide as she took them all in, her dress billowing in the wind. She was fully decked out in the clothes she had chosen for her hero outfit: A flowing peach-colored dress, a thin black jacket laced over it. A collection of emerald orbs hung about her neck, and the straw hat sat atop her head at a jaunty angle, her violet hair streaming out from under it. Her feet were snug in comfortable black shoes, peach laces stringing them tight upon her shins. Kaede thought it all looked rather pretty, though she wasn't sure how viable it would turn out to be in hero work. 

She hoped she would be put with somebody who had a good idea of what they were doing. The Library weighed heavy in her hand. This would be its first try in an actual combat situation. She knew perfectly well how to fight with it, she had spent hours learning how... in theory.

- - - - - - - 

Hadley Fitzpatrick

Hadely stuck out quite a bit from the other juniors in the USJ. While she wasn't the only one in the school PE uniform, most everyone there would know that she was probably the only one who actually had one out of that group. Hadley had briefly considered taking it with her, but in the end had left i in her suitcase, scoffing at the ridiculous thing. As far as she was concerned, if she had to race around saving a bunch of dummies, she was far more capable of doing it in sweats than a dress. 

But the way she attracted attention was more evident in the question she chose to ask. "No deactivating a zone, eh? And what happens if we're injured enough that we might die?" The question was asked flatly, Hadley staring expectantly at Collider. Her stance was stiff, as if she were poised and expecting someone to jump her, her fierce expression daring anyone to laugh at or question her. Hadley had knocked a fist into several of the juniors here before; She had already punched Cole hard in the shoulder on her way in, glaring daggers at him in remembrance of the poster above her bed. A flood of swearing had followed, making Hadley a center of attention already.

She was much quieter now, but still coiled tightly, ready to lash out at whatever got on her nerves. 

Nursing a small headache from having so recently been awoken, Caleb massaged the back of his head, at the base of his skull, mostly tuning out as the pink one blabbered on and on about who-knows-what. Before he had a chance to really pay attention to what it was saying, it had disappeared, followed a moment after by a sharp gust of wind, pulling Caleb's hood up over his head. Shrugging, he continued on his way, having thoroughly disappeared by the time the pink one would have returned. Dragging his slipper-clad feet, he trudged through the hallway. "Maybe I can find someone who actually has a clue what they are doing." Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a girl with long black hair, oh so elegantly wearing... school-issue gym clothes... Luckily, this drab outfit didn't fail to identify her as a fellow junior.

"With a face like that, I think she will work. If she knows where she is going, so will I, and if she doesn't, she seems she would be friendly enough company." Holding a hand in front of his mouth, he closed his eyes and yawned briefly, before stuffing both hands into his hoodie pockets, lazily following behind her. It wasn't long before he found himself at the USJ with the rest of the strangers that comprised his class. He feigned listening, his eyes darting back and forth behind his sunglasses so as to survey the competition. To his... general indifference, nobody seemed of particular note, though the one in the painfully unflattering gym outfit was probably the cutest of the bunch. As if to immediately dash his hopes, she opened her mouth, complaining about some silly safety matter, her accent causing his face to contort into an expression of physical discomfort, "And just like that, the appeal is gone, innit?"

His gaze drifting up, Caleb took note of the two teachers standing in front of him. Idly scratching beneath his chin, he did his best to recognize them: Masamune, the hero with more keys than the school janitor, and Cannonball, the hero who excelled at getting the ever loving sheet beaten out of her. "Hey, Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon, Halloween is still a while away, I don't think you need to coordinate your costumes so early." Unwrapping a piece of bubblegum in his pocket, he tossed it into his mouth and chewed for a few short moments, before blowing a bubble that obscured what was visible of his face past his glasses, hair, and hood.

Isabelle glanced around as she arrived to the Battle Trials. She knew many faces in the crowd, but didn't really know the people. Oh, there was the pun guy. Would it be alright if she went over to him? How would he react to that? They didn't really know each other. She ended up walking close, but not reaching out. Then, she began to look around for friendly faces. Having missed her opportunity in the first year, she wasn't able to get into any of the cliques that had already formed with the students. Her eyebrows creased as her goal of making friends seemed more daunting than ever.

I need to be confident. I can just go up to someone and ask if they want to be friends, she thought. But that felt unbearably awkward.

"As you all know, you will be participating in the Battle Trials. You will be divided into teams of two, and from there, we will pick two teams to face off. One will be the villain team, while the other will be the hero team. You will fight until one team drops or an objective is fulfilled. Any questions?"

The teacher spoke. Isabelle hadn't even paid attention to him up until now, he didn't stand out to much, his only feature was his spiky brown hair and green martial arts outfit. But this set-up should work to her advantage, she should be able to make one friend at least in the Battle Trial! She clenched her fist to steel her resolve.

iU8EggM.png

Victoria arrived at the Unforeseen Simulation Joint without problem, she had memorised the map of the campus beforehand. She realised that most people were wearing their costumes rather than the PE uniform, but Victoria didn't care for the showiness of walking around in such a weird and flashy get-up. She'd hopefully be able to avoid wearing it at all during her time her, but she felt that was unlikely.

Following the crowd in, it felt like she had entered a theme park. Specifically, a Hero-themed park. "My, my, all these little hero wannabes going to the Hero park. It's rather cute," she mused to herself. Still, she felt annoyed to have to take part as well. She noticed the man at the side as well. "Hmmm, now isn't that one of the famous Heroes nowadays. I wonder how many people are going to try to ask for his autograph. Is this going to be a celebrity show and tell session?"

The teacher rather enthusiastically explained what they were doing today. Victoria got gung-ho vibes from this woman and felt slight satisfaction to see students come up with some shows of defiance and disrespect, despite how puerile and immature those students seemed.

Nick was absolutely giddy as he walked into the USJ. His superhero outfit made him feel so freaking heroic, like he could save everyone in this training simulation by himself! "Man, I feel so good right now," He stated, punching Cole in the shoulder. "Jumping out a window really wakes a guy up in the morning, yeah?" Cracking his neck, he took a look at the teachers. Hey, that was Muramasa and... he snapped his fingers. Oh yeah! Collider! That was her handle. He racked his brain, thinking if his father had any stories about her. Nothing was currently reaching his mind right now though. 

"Any questions before we start?" Nick looked up, now thinking of questions. He did listen to her little speech as his mind raced. It was something he learned from his dad. Helped him multitask, really.

"No deactivating a zone, eh? And what happens if we're injured enough that we might die?" The Irish girl was pretty cute, even if she looked so stern and angry.

"Then one of us would act like the hero we're training to be and save ya, yeah?" Nick commented before giving her a thumbs up. "Anyways, questions. Are we gonna do all of them, or just one of them...? Are we splitting into groups? Can you sign this man's... anything, really?" After the last question, he held up Cole, holding him in Muramasa's direction. "He probably wants an autograph, but won't ask so he doesn't look lame. And also probably because he doesn't want people seeing he was the guy in the posters from this morning and have everyone assume he did it when he was actually framed!"

Altair stayed quiet, hiding in the back as everyone looked at the massive buildings that the area had. Their teacher looked like he had just jumped out of a street fight game... honestly, it was kinda intimidating. He explained the students would be split into heroes and villains... oh, joy... he had to work with someone... this couldn't be good.

"Will we have the opportunity to choose our partners?" one girl asked. Altair prayed that was not the case. He could barely talk to anyone, and he sure as hell didn't want to be picked last... that would be horrible. And he was sure all these people were friends and probably had super special combination powers or strategies, and he was just not ready for that.

"How much collateral is allowed for both heroes and villains?" another girl asked. Collateral? Collateral?! Why the heck was she wondering about that?! Were they all just psychos that wanted everything to burn? Dear god, what did he step into?

He should have stayed in bed today.

Terro looked over his small class. There was seven people. Why where there seven? He was supposed to have eight. Dammit, couldn't these people keep track of the student count? He sighed, mulling over the questions that were asked. 

"No. You do not have that opportunity. I will pick for you," He stated before mulling over his next answer. Should he tell them the truth and alarm them? No, they deserved to know. "You can have as much collateral as you want, as long as you like the live nuke the villains are transporting to explode and take out the city," Well, that should get them serious. "As for the teams...," he raised a foot and slammed it on the ground.

In response to this, the ground rumbled, and stalagmites shot from the ground, separating the group into smaller groups. Alejandro found himself stuck next to Aurora while August, Isabelle and Kaede were piled in together. Altair was shoved on top of Emily, the boy blushing under his mask. He quickly got off of her.

"I-I'm sorry!" He says before bowing furiously, hoping he didn't anger his partner already. "It was an accident!"

"The best accident to happen to you in awhile," Nova muttered to Altair, causing the later to blush even more. Terro cleared his throat before throwing a piece of paper at Aurora and Alejandro. 

"You're the villains. Enjoy," He stated. "The map I gave you guides you to the building your nuke is in. You are to find it and transport it to the second building on the map," If they were to open it, they would see a crudely crayon drawn map, an arrow pointing saying 'Nuke is here' and an X stating 'Nuke goes here,' Thankfully, the building positions were clear enough... but the nuke was located on the other side of the city, and the place it was supposed to go to was on the other side of the city from there.

Terro then threw what looked like a roll of police tape at Emily and Altair. "If you want to win, you wrap up both villains and the nuke in this," That was simple enough. Finally, he turned to the group of three. "Since we have a missing student, I planned... something special for you three. But it'll have to wait until they're done," He tapped the ground, which slid back to its original, flat self. "Heroes and Villains, you have ten minutes to talk and plan. The rest of you, follow me," With that, the teacher walked off, heading into the observation room. This would be... interesting, to say the least.

rtGOeZW.png

As she would have expected, Nadia was met with several questions. Or so she'd have hoped. She was met with just one.

"No deactivating a zone, eh? And what happens if we're injured enough that we might die?

And following that, more. As the blue-haired boy spoke, Nadia pulled a red cherry-flavored candy from the box and popped it into her mouth. It was down her throat by the time he was done.

"Then one of us would act like the hero we're training to be and save ya, yeah? Anyways, questions. Are we gonna do all of them, or just one of them...? Are we splitting into groups? Can you sign this man's... anything, really? He probably wants an autograph, but won't ask so he doesn't look lame. And also probably because he doesn't want people seeing he was the guy in the posters from this morning and have everyone assume he did it when he was actually framed!"

"If you're in that much danger, I'll get you out of your zone personally. However, it will cut a lot of points from your grade; I can't trust you to save others if you can't save yourselves. You'll each go through one zone, and I'll split you kids into pairs at random. And to wrap up, I'm not one for signatures and fanclubs; I became a hero to save people, and I became a teacher so I can make sure you do the same."

Nadia then looked over her students. She knew their faces based on the files she'd been given just before the school year, but nothing else. She simply hadn't read their files. Admittedly, the mistake was coming back to bite her. Nadia had wanted to put each student into a situation where they'd be at a disadvantage, but without any knowledge of their Fragments, she'd just have to go at random. Pointing the index fingers of each hand at two randomly selected students, she said "You and you, get to the wildfire zone." She repeated this process three more times, until the entire class had been selected. "You two are going to the flood zone, you girls are hitting the earthquake zone, and the two of you are lucky because you'll go to the tornado zone. Get moving, save some civilians, and try not to hurt yourself doing it."

She opted to ignore the lazy boy and his snide comment, but there was something else that bothered her. "As for you specifically, Slackman," Nadia added, looking directly at Caleb. "You need some kind of costume. I honestly don't care what it is since this is your first day of school, but at least make it so I don't know who you are at first glance. A hero's identity is their greatest weakness; keep that in mind."

tXtTHnK.png

Usagi listened intently as the teacher went over what zones each student would be in. Collider-sensei, was it? While she had no problem with her assigned zone...Usagi had no idea where she was supposed to go. Each student had only been identified with "you" or some other generic term that didn't tell her which "you" was Usagi. This was kind of important. As such, Usagi raised her hand and asked a question. "Sensei. Which zone am I going to?"

"...the flood zone. I just said that. Keep it together."

"Thank you. Let's go to the flood zone, partner!"

It was time to take the flood zone by storm! Usagi took her first bold steps foward, ready to prove her worth in the USJ. Of course, her steps probably would have seemed much more bold had Usagi not suddenly stopped. She just, stopped, as though she'd forgotten she couldn't see inside the USJ. Not turning her head to whichever direction her partner may or may not have been in, Usagi asked another question.

"Umm, which way is the flood zone again~?"

KCc49dD.png

"I might just chill around back here for a while..."

"Good one," Aurora smiled at the boy. Of course, he wouldn't have seen the smile on her face...or her face. Or any of her really, but the voice would at least confirm to him that his partner was either a girl or an absurdly feminine boy. Soon after she'd replied to the clever guy's pun, the teacher answered everyone's questions.

"No. You do not have that opportunity. I will pick for you. You can have as much collateral as you want, as long as you like the live nuke the villains are transporting to explode and take out the city. As for the teams..."

Live nuke!? In a high school!? This guy's a lunatic!

Aurora could have thought of all kinds of ways a live nuke in a school could go wrong, but wouldn't have the time before the ground rose up around her and the boy who had made the pun. Was this how he was picking teams? Aurora's suspicions were confirmed when the teacher tossed them a piece of paper with a statement of "You're the villains. Enjoy. The map I gave you guides you to the building your nuke is in. You are to find it and transport it to the second building on the map." Aurora opened it up and looked at the contents. She audibly snickered at the quality of the thing.

However, it did show her where to go, and where the bomb was supposed to go. Aurora took a moment to memorize the thing before handing it to her parter between her thumb and index finger, her gloved hand arranged in a way as if to be shaken. "The name's Aurora," she said. "Oughta know each other's names if we're workin' together."

[spoiler=OOC]Below are the USJ team arrangements.

Wildfire Zone - X* & Nick
Flood Zone - Hadley & Usagi
Earthquake Zone - Ryder & Victoria
Tornado Zone - Cole & Caleb

*Giga announced to me that he'd work on a second junior to fill the gap made when Yuuko left us. However, it is not yet complete. Giga, please make this a priority.

"Any questions before we start?"

Cole listened to Nadia/Collider intently. This was one place he had heard about from other students, the USJ. So many different zones in which a student and his Fragment and or Vessel would be tested against the elements...literally. Earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, tornadoes and the like...Cole could feel a lump in his throat by just thinking about all of this.

"No deactivating a zone, eh? And what happens if we're injured enough that we might die?"

To be honest, Cole didn't want to find that out...at all...

"Then one of us would act like the hero we're training to be and save ya, yeah? Anyways, questions. Are we gonna do all of them, or just one of them...? Are we splitting into groups?"

And there was Nick...no, "Captain Thunder" as he liked to call himself, asking the tough questions and even answering the young girl's question about the injuries. Cole let out a sigh of relief, seeing that Nick was actually taking this stuff seriously, but that relief went away right after he felt Nick's hands on his shoulders.

"Can you sign this man's... anything, really? He probably wants an autograph, but won't ask so he doesn't look lame. And also probably because he doesn't want people seeing he was the guy in the posters from this morning and have everyone assume he did it when he was actually framed!"

Cole just stood there, blinking quite a few times as Nick shifted him in the direction of Muramasa. "J-Jeez...Nick, c'mon!!" he groaned, letting out a defeated sigh as Nick seemed to be digging him a grave...just waiting to toss him in.

"If you're in that much danger, I'll get you out of your zone personally. However, it will cut a lot of points from your grade; I can't trust you to save others if you can't save yourselves. You'll each go through one zone, and I'll split you kids into pairs at random. And to wrap up, I'm not one for signatures and fanclubs; I became a hero to save people, and I became a teacher so I can make sure you do the same."

Without missing a beat, Nadia went on with answering the one question. Apparently everything he heard about Collider was true...she WAS a very strict teacher. And the last comment she made, about the signatures and fanclubs, caused Cole to want to hide under a rock. Currently in his head he was thinking of ways to get back at Nick...only to end up with zero results. However, Muramasa only gave out a slight chuckle out of all this.

"Oh lighten up, Collider." Muramasa said, crossing his arms before moving to stand beside her. "No hero or heroine really does the signatures and fanclubs, but...these are ways people show their appreciation. At least that's my point of view." he said, looking in Cole and Nick's direction. "As for you, Nick and Cole..." he began, as Nick and Cole stood at attention. "I MIGHT consider the idea. Regardless, you two have to focus on this."

With a firm nod from both boys, Nadia continued.

"You and you, get to the wildfire zone. You two are going to the flood zone, you girls are hitting the earthquake zone, and the two of you are lucky because you'll go to the tornado zone. Get moving, save some civilians, and try not to hurt yourself doing it."

This floored Cole. Nick was in the wildfire zone while he was in the tornado zone. He wasn't so sure how this would work, given that he and Nick were on the same team during the Battle Trials and BARELY passed that. Cole was only worried that he wouldn't drag his partner down.

Cole looked around, seeing Nadia talking towards another student...the same one that was his partner. He sighed slightly before finally approaching the student. "Um...hey there. Guess we get the tornado zone..." he said, rubbing the back of his head. "I'm Cole Stetson..."

[spoiler=OOC]

So now we're starting to get to the good part of this episode!! Now, allow me to give you the instructions on what shall happen!

Battle Trial - For my Sophomores! I will reiterate your current team developments, as brought to you by Sai:

• Team Hero ~ Emily and Altair
  • Team Villain ~ Aurora and Alejandro
  • Super Special Awesome Surprise ~ August, Isabelle, Kaede

Now, I would like you all during this posting session to interact with your teammates. Prepare plans of attack, defense, etc.

USJ - For my Juniors! The teams that Yui gracious bestowed upon us are once again:

• Wildfire Zone ~ Nick and X
  • Flood Zone ~ Hadley and Usagi
  • Earthquake Zone ~ Ryder and Victoria
  • Tornado Zone ~ Cole and Caleb

For you all, during this posting session, interact with your teammates as well. You will be saving civilians so you better be able to count and possibly trust your partner in order to throw out plans of saving the civilians.

Once the posting session for this is up...then the real fun of this episode can begin!

Ryder Greene, Corner

Ryder listened carefully to other students asking questions, which made her feel more insecure for not butting in with something. Before she could, however, the young looking teacher started assigning zones.

(...) you girls are hitting the earthquake zone, (...)

Ryder curiously turned towards the other person assigned to her same zone. A redhead, just a tad shorter than her, albeit more slender looking. Ryder thought she looked kinda scary, but did her best to approach her with an extended hand, "Good morning! It looks like we're partnered here. I'm Ryder Greene, a pleasure to meet you!" The young girl chirped, smiling honestly at Victoria. Her other hand grasped the emerald-incrusted necklace that hung from her neck. Instead of an explanation, she reckoned it'd be better to demonstrate what she could do when the time came.

x393wz.jpg

Alejandro Ferro, Hephaestus

Alejandro was caught off-guard by the sudden separation of the floor, falling backwards and landing on his butt. As he got up, he glanced at the group of three that wasn't participating in this event. He noticed his roommate, and waved at her, "Good luck, roommate!" He exclaimed, making a mental note to ask for her name later.

"The name's Aurora. Oughta know each other's names if we're workin' together."

Speaking of names, the girly bundle of warmth had just introduced herself. "Aurora, huh?" Alejandro extended his hand and took the map with the instructions from the young girl's. Instead of shaking hers, however, Alejandro placed his other hand on Aurora's shoulder, leaned in and kissed her on the forehead, or at least where he assumed her forehead was, given her clothing, "I'm Alejandro! You can call me Ale if that's a mouthful." he smiled, unaware of the cultural differences in greetings.

He then made sure to face away from the Hero team, "I don't want them to see it yet, but this is my Fragment..." The young man's hand hovered over his chestplate, the metal quickly shifting forms as spikes started protuding from the armor, and then going back to its original form, "I can manipulate just about any metal in a range of three meters, which'd be about...ten feet? You gringos with your weird measurements really confuse me sometime."

"Anyways, you shoul tell me a bit more about your Fragment." He finished, giving the map a thorough reading in the meantime, "Unless it's really just making it slightly cooler around, in which case I'd hope our opponents didn't bring coats." Alejandro joked, giving a sly smirk.

Emily's eyes rolled when the teacher gave a sarcastic response to her question. It was a serious one. Before she could say anything else, like ask how teams will be selected, the ground erupted. A bunch of large stalagmites emerged from the ground, knocking the girl over, and her new partner on top of her. Needless to say, she was not amused. The wind was knocked out of her, but thankfully this new guy was able to get off her fast enough. 

"I-I'm sorry! It was an accident!"

"The best accident to happen to you in awhile."

Emily thought she heard something. Two voices? What that this kids fragment. Either way, the comment irritated her. She got the tape looking thing from the teacher, and listened to the instructions. They were so vague, it seemed rather stacked against them. Then again, this was hero training. Emily was not one to lose, either. She pulled aside her new partner, whispering to him, though her voice sounded rather hostile to her new ally.

"Alright, look here. I will not lose this. I can make strong winds. Get in my way, and I'll blow you out. Mess this up for me and...well, don't mess this up, okay?!" She shot him a sharp glance, being sure to get her point across. She then made sure her gloves were secure. She cracked her fingers real quick and readied herself.

"Don't. Mess. This. Up." She said again, looking to him. She needed this A.

Earthquake zone? Her power would be well-suited to the task at hand. Victoria cared little for humanitarian work, but not like there was much choice in the matter. She turned and found her partner already approaching her.

"Good morning! It looks like we're partnered here. I'm Ryder Greene, a pleasure to meet you!"

The girl seemed quite agreeable and well-mannered. Perhaps she was of decent upbringing. Victoria accepted the hand and shook lightly. "I'm Victoria Rose. The pleasure's mine," she said, smiling back. "Let's get going shall we? It's the first day and I'm sure everyone is raring to go. Let's not fall behind."

Victoria glanced at the girl as they started to walk. "So what power do you hold? That pendant you hold, it seems quite precious to you. Might it be your Vessel?"

• 2 weeks later...

KCc49dD.png

"Aurora, huh? I'm Alejandro! You can call me Ale if that's a mouthful."

Alejandro. That was quite a name; she'd met some folks with interesting names back home, but never an Alejandro. She liked it, and also wondered what it was with her and having a knack for meeting people whose names started with the letter A. The real surprise was when instead of a handshake, Alejandro had kissed her forehead! Was it a cultural thing? Was he just that bold with girls? Maybe his face was too hot and he was trying to cool it off a bit? The surprise forehead-kiss threw Aurora for a good loop or two while she tried to figure out what that was all about before settling for "I'll figure it out later". Then came the important thing. Fragments.

"I don't want them to see it yet, but this is my Fragment... I can manipulate just about any metal in a range of three meters, which'd be about...ten feet? You gringos with your weird measurements really confuse me sometime. Anyways, you should tell me a bit more about your Fragment. Unless it's really just making it slightly cooler around, in which case I'd hope our opponents didn't bring coats."

"Try a lot cooler," Aurora responded, extending both of her hands outward and focusing her power into the space between them. The temperature around her dropped significantly, and a ball of ice appeared in the space between her hands. Aurora dropped the ice ball once her little demonstration was over, breaking it and scattering tiny bits of ice around her feet. No need to keep her Fragment a secret anyway; her costume probably made it pretty obvious, and she was pretty sure knowing what she did wouldn't make it any easier for the other team. "I'm also capable of creating strong winds of cold air, so we can slow the other team down a fair bit. I can't overuse my Fragment though, since I'm not exactly immune to the cold myself. Hence...well, all this," she wrapped up, pointing to a couple different points on her costume to explain what "this" was.

"You good at planning, Alejandro? Or should we just gung ho it?"

Archived