[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Detective Duck (Cards are up)

Dova

I can do this! Somehow.

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
-First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
-All voters must elaborate on their votes.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-A 48 hour deadline for a contestant to submit.
-A week after the cards are submitted until the end of the 1v1. If there are no votes at this time, next vote will win.

Requirement:
Challenger's choice: Rock Stun.

Card A:

Fossil Dyna Lythronax

EARTH

Rock/Effect

1300/1200

While you control another face-up Rock-Type monster, negate all activated monster effects on the field. When this card is flipped face-up: The effects of all other face-up cards on the field are negated. If this card is destroyed by battle: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of " Fossil Dyna Lythronax" once per turn.

Card B:

Remor the Restorer
EARTH
Rock/Effect
1600/1500
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 card; add 1 Level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can change this card to Defense Position, then target up to 2 monsters your opponent controls; negate the targets' effects until the end of the turn. If this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from your Graveyard, except "Remor the Restorer".

Ok let's check out your cards.

Card A:

-Negates activated monsters' effects as long as another face-up Rock-Type monster is on your field

-Negates effects of all face-up cards on the field when flipped face-up

-Targets a level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard and Special Summons it when destroyed by battle

Card B:

-Adds 1 level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from the Graveyard when Normal Summoned for the cost of discarding a card

-Changes itself to Defense Position during either player's turn to negate 2 opponent's monsters effects

-It can Special Summon a level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from your Graveyard when destroyed by battle or card effects

I think I will vote for Card B as it has the advantage of adding a level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from the Graveyard and can revive a level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from the Graveyard when destroyed by both battle and card effects and its effect that negates 2 of the opponent's monsters effects can trigger Attack the Moon for destroying a Spell or Trap card on opponent's field.

You know what, I'll be brief.

Card A is the variation of Pacheycephaleo (I think I spelled it wrong, but oh well). However, instead of Special Summons, it has the effect of preventing activated monster effects from being activated. The flipoed face-up is somewhat mediocre, but can definitely be helpful in some cases. The last effect, however, is rather useful as it can be used on itself or another Level 4 or lower Rock-Type, mainly Pacheycephaleo. If we had learned anything from Majesty's Fiend, its that it locks down Kozmos, slows Monarchs, and shuts down PK Fire with its effect. Anti-meta and a hard thing to remove once its attached with Moon Mirror Shield.

Card B instead focuses on Quick Negation, even though it's not as useful in an anti-meta Deck nowadays because of what's being played right now. Somewhat effective against Monarchs and perhaps Blue Eyes. However, it makes up for it by an optional recycling effect upon the NS (Not sure if this is that useful since Rock-Stun is not known for SSing from the hand), as well as the similar float effect. However, unlike Card A, it cannot be used on itself. In the case of a Deck like Rock Stun, I don't believe that making a card having the ability to revive itself would be a crime in this case.

Since Card A felt more on point with Rock Stun, and being more effective as an anti-meta card, I'll go for A.

Archived