[Leaderboard] Tori Vs. Abdelrahman (Cards are up)

towitori

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
-Best of 3 votes wins
-All voters must elaborate on their votes.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards only for anonymity.
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:

Make a Destiny Hero monster.

Card A:

Destiny HERO Armored Fiend

DARK / *6

Fiend / Xyz / Effect

ATK / 2800 DEF / 2000

2 Level 6 "Destiny HERO" Monsters
Must first be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 other face-up "Destiny HERO" Monster you control; Double the targeted monster's ATK untill the End Phase. When this card is destroyed by a card effect: Target 1 Level 8 "Destiny HERO" Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target ignoring its summoning conditions.

Card B:

Destiny HERO Detective Guy

DARK / *4

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1100 DEF / 1100

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect, except from the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck with 1000 ATK or less.

Card A does have a few monsters that can Xyz Summon into this, but aside from Malicious, the others are generally bad. Yes, we have the new Dreadguy coming out, which is also a Level 6, but not including it until we get info on him. Suppose you can use this with Dystopiaguy to make it 5600, wreck the opponent a bit, then blow up the opponent's stuff afterwards, but that's about it. Last effect pretty much restricts it to Dystopiaguy, Dogma, Plasma and Dreadmaster, in which case only Plasma and Dystopia are really useful; I admit it'd be nice to spring up Dogma out of nowhere and halve the opponent's LP. But yeah, while it is usable, I really don't see Destiny HEROs even making this card; least with only one good member to actually do stuff. 

B at least lets you summon Shadow Mist and then Mask Change into whatever, so that's helpful. Destiny HEROs themselves don't have good targets to work from otherwise, besides Malicious, given the ATK constraint. Guess you can use this as Destiny Draw discard fodder to draw, then pull out Mist, then proceed to Dark Law in D-HERO, so that works out. Other than that, don't see much else this card can do for the Archetype itself, but at least this is a little better than what Konami gave us lately (outside of Dystopia). 

----

A would have some promise as an OTK enabler for Destiny HEROs / revival for Plasma and stuff if there were ways for them to actually make 6s easily (which they don't). Again, maybe Dreadguy might be of some use, but not considering it until we get information.

B can trigger as D-Draw discard fodder, so guess that works out (despite the lack of actually good D-HERO targets this card can summon; some are fine but require that you wait a turn or so to work, which isn't helpful now). I probably see this summoning Shadow Mist and the like most of the time for MC/II purposes. 

----

Voting for B. 

(In all honesty, I was disappointed with the new D-HERO stuff also)

1 like = 1 potato for disowned child.

Pls support the cause.

And um, Card B is better since Card A can only function with Malicious and Dasher. That's already a big minus right there. I suppose there's some decent combo with Astral Force and a R4 Dark Fiend (aka Rhapsody and that Maestro). I mean, dump Plasma because it's ridiculously better than Dogma for acting as a opponent Skill Drain. R4 one of those guys, Astral for Card A, hope it dies for Plasma, and then profit like crazy since absorbing a Break Sword makes this thing 2900 that negates all of your opponent's monster effects.

Or if it's against Kozmos, you'll be able to absorb a DD or Eclipser and get 3400 ATK. Of course, Dark Planet can run over it, but if Plasma was already on the field and you got stuff like Mirror Force down, it wouldn't matter much Lol.

As for Card B, it's just more playable and useful since it does drag out a 1000 ATK or less HERO. Not only that, it isn't limited to OPT. Like you can Mask Change this, get Anki or Dank Law, resolve effect to SS a Shadow Mist, add another Mask Change, and you get 2x Dank Law for only 2 cards. So yeah, more use with other HERO cards, and the fact that it's basically a double trap in disguise gets my vote. (E.G. Instead of 2x Dank Law, Dank Law first with Card B, resolve effect for Bubbleman if you have another set Mask Change, Mask Change Bubble for a Harpie's Feather Duster and opponent monster stat reduction in one go).

So Card B gets my vote because potato.

And Sakura should really pay me already.

2-0 Card B

And since you said no objections after Disowned Child's vote, its safe to assume you have no objection for that vote as well.

AND since this is best of 3 (not first to 3 votes <- this is very important)

Assuming the next vote goes to Card A which will total to 3 votes. Card B still wins. so we'll end it here now to avoid unnecessary waiting.

So well played abdel guy but my victory :>

P.S. I was waiting for someone to get that flavor reference since it starts with D and ends with Guy + British Culture reference, in this case, Sherlock Holmes. I thought that was pretty brilliant orz

Archived