Why is YCM on a decline

@HulktySSJ2:

Just remember that you don't update it within 2 months with updates (or if another member decides to bump it after 14 days), then it will get locked under forum policy. I think we told you that sometime ago (and CC rules already state this multiple times). You can still remake it though if that's the case. 

As for the cardmaker getting removed, only YCMaker can do that. In the event that he does though (well, if the cardmaker goes, one of the main draws for new members go), you still have TCGEditor as an option, although it's not as accessible in certain regards (can't make stuff on the go, and manual uploading). 

-----

Late reply, but here

The advanced clause is actually even easier now, since it's measured by words instead of sentences. This post is easily over 30 words by itself, and it took me a couple seconds and is only 2 sentences, whereas before the AC would have made me type two more.

Now, we don't have to be refined critics, but no one particularly shitposts.

.....ah yes, that explains the whole post count thing.

I don't know how bad instantaneous posts would be. Every once in a while, I see people look over my threads for a little while and say nothing, which can be kind of a bother. 

I don't want to go back to when there wasn't an AC. I've seen some old posts, and they're absolutely cancer.

Since I wasn't here for the C&O boom, I wonder if that would at least make people think we improved the forum.

Also, what happened regarding Eisbahn? Were people heated about the card?

[spoiler=I'll keep this in a spoiler tag, but stuff]
1. The Advanced Clause is not intended to make you write essays on the card itself, but rather make sure you can provide legitimate substance to your post instead of just saying "good job 10/10" or the converse "this card is bad". Again, we have no problems with you complimenting a user (or vice versa), but you need to be able to pinpoint specifically what you liked/disliked about the cards and make a note about it/their interactions with other cards that exist. 

The issue is finding a balance between enough words to cover the required content and something manageable for members to do. We're not asking for collegiate essays on someone's card, but sufficient information regarding its usability and what the user can do to fix the cards, if you feel there are any. Sets require twice the length of singles, but that makes sense because you have more content to look through. (Reminder that you do not have to critique all of the cards in a thread at once)

If people make shitposts, either they get reprimanded in-thread or posts are hidden. 

I've mentioned this a few times by now; you do not have to be adept at the metagame, but at the very least, have an understanding of what's going on in the current game and how stuff interacts with those cards (for Advanced). Casual is basically the same thing, but also being able to factor in other things that don't necessarily get used competitively. 

The only place that the Advanced Clause does not apply is within Joke & OP cards (because cards in there are generally bad anyway). We do keep tabs on it to make sure people don't turn it into a spamhole. 

2. For instantaneous posts, think of the Games/Misc section at times. 

But yeah, top posts back then used to hit 120-140/ish (I had the record once at 108 if that tells you anything). 

C&O did get its post count restored, but now things are a bit more orderly (now that they need an actual thing to do, instead of going off on multiple tangents). I won't answer the question if that improved YCM or not though; it did cut down the activity in there a bit (least from what I saw when I came back).

----
As for Eisbahn, there was some discussion on the card up until posts 25/27. By then, Shard (I don't remember what his name is at present) decided to post random spam, a few other veterans came around and started posting Japanese Yugioh opening themes and random things in the topic. Seriously, none of the stuff past page 3 make any remote sense.

I posted the link in the historium thread in General, but here's a direct one: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/260446-eisbahn/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived