[Leaderboard] Brimtosis vs Spell Counter King {Cards Are Up}

Brimtosis

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:
-Create a continuous spell card that summons tokens

[spoiler=Card A: 1 Votes]

Legional Barracks
Spell Card/Continuous

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Swarm Token" (Warrior Type/LIGHT/level 4/ATK 0/DEF 0). These Tokens cannot be Tributed. All "Swarm Tokens" gain 1000 ATK and DEF for each "Swarm Token" on the field.

[spoiler=Card B: 0 Votes]

E0fFrV1.jpg

Whilst this card is face up on the field, when a monster you control is destroyed by battle; Special Summon 1 "Regeneration Token" (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your side of the field in Face Up Defence Position. "Regeneration Token"s cannot be destroyed by battle, and count as having the same name as the destroyed monster. During the start of your Stand-By Phase, if you control any "Regeneration Token"s: Roll a die for each "Regeneration Token" individually; if the result is a 5 or a 6, Tribute the token to Special Summon the destroyed monster. On any other result, destroy the token.

Card C: 3 Votes

Card A basically summons free Tokens that boost each other, similar to the earlier Batterymen. My general gripe is that it spams during either player's turn (and multiple copies), but removal exists in the latter reason and stuff like Aerial Recharge for former (albeit with maintenance cost). Still, I'm a bit iffy about the latter, but it's just stat boosting.

Card B basically summons a Token with the same name that can't die in battle and has a 67% chance to blow up, but can revive the destroyed monster otherwise. I suppose the Tokens can be used for name specific things and all, but that's really it. Might serve as a temporary wall for damage, but be mindful that effect removal exists and piercing certainly is a thing. That in mind, unless you can get lucky with the die rolls, you are going to end up with a Token that self-destructs once your turn begins.

----

Voting A on this one. Granted, I wasn't particularly impressed with either of these, but least A can actually stick around and do something useful (despite its blandness). I'd prefer not to vote C unless I absolutely need to.

Well, Card A is annoying, as being able to activate it during either player's turn means you should have a pair of 2000 attackers for your opponent to get through. Not bad, considering how the game has gotten, but certainly annoying. My biggest worry is how this provides a big boost to Synchro decks, particularly Quasar decks, as summoning T.G Librarian and Coral Dragon, etc that much easier. Still, it isn't that bad so I can forgive that. When all is said and done though, this card is... boring. Few interactions besides functioning to spam fodder for Synchros (LIGHT attribute means Michael the Arch Lightsworn, people!) and bringing out meatshields.

Card B is worded weirdly. You can tell what it does, but the way it says it is awkward. Destruction by battle is rare enough so you'll rarely see this go up. Battle immunity is pretty weak as well, so the tokens will probably be bumped off in the MP2. The name thing is interesting though, as it means you can still use negation cards Musakani Magaiama which require specifically named cards. The fact, however, they've only a 33% chance of making it to your main phase weakens the card. An interesting thing that does happen here though is that decks that summon big bosses, like Ultimate Falcon, which are thus likely to be hit by a UTL can now resummon those boss monsters back if it goes off. Powerful, but still not enough to make the card actually good outside niche interactions.

Card A has more general utility, but is so bland. Card B can do cool stuff, but will almost never manage to actually do said cool stuff.

Voting for Card C.

I'll be voting for C.

Card A isn't interesting at all, but atleast it's funny. I like it how no one mentions the havoc this thing can do in Mecha Phantom Beasts. Not only that, if you have two copies of this in hand... Hue hue. Make Concoruda, SS 2 tokens on your turn. (2000 ATK each). On opponent's turn, get two more tokens, and you get x4 4000 ATK beaters. Not even Concoruda, but you can also use Shunoros as a substitute. 

When it comes back to you, you can SS a token for x5 5000 ATK beaters if your opponent is not able to pop these spells or activate something that negates Card A's effect. Plus, being a quick effect, you would still have 1 more token as back up to keep your x5 5000 ATK army strong.

Even with Mirror Force, on your opponent's turn, you'd still have 2x 2000 ATK Tokens ready to protect you. There's also a lot of generic Level 8 Omega making here (disgusting). In the end, the design flaws pushed me away from choosing this card.

To quote from a past debate: "You always have to assume that the opponent won't always have removal on hand". -_-

Card B is weird, also lacking design in some areas. If it's a destroyed monster in the Graveyard, you could've atleast juiced it up to a 50/50 chance. No one uses piercing nowadays, except Qli control or MonarchQlis, so I guess the prevention by destruction was a good idea. 

However, other than that, it's just slow and awkward with the Token making. There's a lot of single targeting removals, not to mention cards like Twin Twister that hates on back row hard.

Card A beats B in this regard in the sense that it's quick enough for you to get something in case that your opponent does send something nasty to pop it. However, B has a rather unique design but lacks in float and speed. It's basically comparing a really fast card to a really slow card.

So yeah, voting C.

Now pay me for my votes already! >.<

Just wanna note that if you have multiple copies of Card A face-up. It stacks cause it says "All "Swarm Tokens" gain 1000 ATK and DEF for each "Swarm tokens" on the field." Not "All "Swarm Tokens" Special Summoned by this card gain 1000 ATK and DEF for each "Swarm Tokens" on the field." So if you do get 2 copies activated at once, summoning 1 token already nets a 2k beater and since its not hard OPT you can get 2 4k beaters at turn one. I mean, that's already gg.

The already stopping this card from going crazy is if your opponent has a way of destroying the spells so that all the tokens become 0 ATK or has a way of stopping attacking like Mirror Force but that said you can just get back those tokens during your opponent's turn.

You can also Synchro with these tokens but you'd do that if you only have like 1 copy in your hand cause having 2 4k beaters wins already. Just get Stardust for protection.

Card B on the other hand is underwhelming. Not only does it slowly creates tokens but they blow up if RNGesus hates you. Well they do make good walls since they can't be destroyed by battle. But most of your tokens are most likely not staying soon. Well, at least these Tokens are Tribute fodder but like i said the tokens are most likely not staying with that low chance of winning the roll. So obviously people wont run this on any deck. maybe Mecha Phantoms.

Let's go with Card C.

Well, Card A is annoying, as being able to activate it during either player's turn means you should have a pair of 2000 attackers for your opponent to get through. Not bad, considering how the game has gotten, but certainly annoying. My biggest worry is how this provides a big boost to Synchro decks, particularly Quasar decks, as summoning T.G Librarian and Coral Dragon, etc that much easier. Still, it isn't that bad so I can forgive that. When all is said and done though, this card is... boring. Few interactions besides functioning to spam fodder for Synchros (LIGHT attribute means Michael the Arch Lightsworn, people!) and bringing out meatshields.

Card B is worded weirdly. You can tell what it does, but the way it says it is awkward. Destruction by battle is rare enough so you'll rarely see this go up. Battle immunity is pretty weak as well, so the tokens will probably be bumped off in the MP2. The name thing is interesting though, as it means you can still use negation cards Musakani Magaiama which require specifically named cards. The fact, however, they've only a 33% chance of making it to your main phase weakens the card. An interesting thing that does happen here though is that decks that summon big bosses, like Ultimate Falcon, which are thus likely to be hit by a UTL can now resummon those boss monsters back if it goes off. Powerful, but still not enough to make the card actually good outside niche interactions.

Card A has more general utility, but is so bland. Card B can do cool stuff, but will almost never manage to actually do said cool stuff.

Voting for Card C.

I understand your point, but I clearly stated that "Swarm Tokens" cannot be Tributed.

I understand your point, but I clearly stated that "Swarm Tokens" cannot be Tributed.

Using them as Synchro material is not considered as tributing them, so they're still valid Synchro fodder. CGK never mentioned anything about tributing in his vote.

Also #ToriSucksLiterally

Using them as Synchro material is not considered as tributing them, so they're still valid Synchro fodder. CGK never mentioned anything about tributing in his vote.

I thought that using monsters as Synchro Materials were counted as Tributes. Oops

The Tokens that A summons are restricted only from paying costs, Tribute and Ritual Summons. Fusion/Synchro do not count as costs, and such the Tokens can be used for those.

A little note about MPB/Concoruda, while they can use this card to generate things, Concoruda is rarely, if ever used in the Deck (maybe "A" gave them a reason to think it over, but from playing it, don't think they want to otherwise). But yeah, they can use this to generate more Token fodder for effects/protection if needed (not like Recharge exists or anything, and I know I said something about it). That in mind, they don't want B either.

----

In any case, assuming that neither competitor has further complaints about the voting, it's a draw (since 3 card C votes = auto draw, regardless of the other votes). Otherwise, it's 1 vote for A and 2 on C.

Archived