[Leaderboard] AsdfDuelist vs. Major

Bellringer Angel

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.

-First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

-All voters must elaborate on their votes.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

-A 48 (maybe 72 if needed) hour deadline for a contestant to submit.

-A week after the cards are submitted until the end of the 1v1. If there are no votes at this time, next vote will win.

Requirement:

Errata a banned card in the TCG banlist. The errata'd card becomes Semi-Limited.

Card A:

63rUAV2.png

Effect Monster, DARK, Spellcaster-Type, 300 ATK, 300 DEF

You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. It cannot attack, and is returned to the Extra Deck during your End Phase. You can only activate this effect of "Magical Scientist" once per turn.

Card B:

Ultimate Offering

Trap, Continuous

Once per turn, during your Main Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase: You can reveal 1 monster in your hand; immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon/Set that monster, and if you do, you lose LP equal to that monster's original ATK or DEF (whichever is higher). You can only control 1 face-up "Ultimate Offering".

I'm voting for Card B.

This is because, even with the errata, Magical Scientist is still a Level 1 (and therefore 141-able, Kinka-Byo-able etc) Instant Fusion for Level 6 or lower rather than Level 5 or lower. I feel that it still has more potential than Instant Fusion (already a problem card) to be prohibitive on what Fusion monsters are made. The card is also an easy +1, fodder generator. The fact that you kept it returning to the Extra Deck is also a problem, as that makes it even easier to reuse a Limited TER for spot removal (every turn with Kinka Byo) if you don't want to go Rank 1.

Card B, on the other hand, errata'd pretty much the only problem with Ultimate Offering: the lack of any OPT. (That was a problem for Magical Scientist too, but not the only problem.) It also increased the average amount of LP lost to use the effect, and made it weak to Mind Crush.

He literally said that Magical Scientist is better than Instant Fusion. What has this world come to?

Big, big problem there Lol. Saying that a reusable spot removal for 1 monster is broken is like saying that Kozmo Dark Destroyer is a God card.

There's nothing wrong with Card A, as it puts you in a position of Instant Fusing at the cost of leaving a vulnerable monster in play. Having played the Level 1 troll deck with kinky cat, it had been quite fun messing around with it. I can't see scientist being a broken card nowadays at all considering that the synergy of most decks completely override this card's power. Not only that, the errata only made it more balanced.

Card B is just disinteresting. If the Level 1 troll dek abuses Magical Scientist somehow, then Ultimate Offering would be the Monarch's love slave. NS Edea or Eidos and if Escalation was already on the field, your opponent would be hitting nothing in their turn because you can just keep summoning monarchs in response and remove all of their stuff. Since we already have the Arcana Force Monarch Deck now that skips your opponent's turn, I fail to see anymore use for more Monarch support. Magical Scientist, on the other hand, is much more interesting to see pull combos off as opposed to NSing more Monarchs on the spot. Technically, Offering is merely a better Escalation.

I'll vote Card A for the fact that it supports more Decks in general as opposed to mainly Monarchs.

Archived