[Leaderboard] Yuuko vs Melon (Cards are up!)

Yuuji Kazami

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
-Best of 3 votes wins
-All voters must elaborate on their votes.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards only for anonymity.
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:

Design a different attributed Stardust Dragon variation.

Entries:

Card A:

Blazing Stardust Dragon

FIRE 8*

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters

During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a card on your side of the field: you can target 1 card your opponent controls and banish this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it and the targeted card. If you destroyed a monster by this effect, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and not negated): You can return this card to the field in face-up attack position or face-up defense position.

2500/2000

Card B:

Stardust Twilight Dragon

Dark 8*

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect that would target a card(s) on the field: You can tribute this card; banish 1 card on the field, and if you do, you can draw 2 cards, then banish 1 card from your hand. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

2500/2000

Hmm..

Card A prevents stuff like Castel from wrecking your day and burns your opponent as cherry on top. Its a plus that it banishes for the cost since D.D. Crow is a potential side deck. There isn't pretty much say to do since it just covers a bit of what Stardust can't. Oh, it only protects from single target cards so cards like Icarus Attack can't be stopped by this card.

Card B allows you to do a non-target banish on the field, then draw 2 cards then banish on the hand. There isn't really anything special from this other than it has a non-target banish and a +1 which is fine enough considering that it doesn't negate and it only reacts to your opponent's card so you can't really make some mean exploits with it.

I vote for Card A cause I feel that's more useful with the negation and an additional destruction with a burn bonus. ._.

Hmm..

Card A prevents stuff like Castel from wrecking your day and burns your opponent as cherry on top. Its a plus that it banishes for the cost since D.D. Crow is a potential side deck. There isn't pretty much say to do since it just covers a bit of what Stardust can't. Oh, it only protects from single target cards so cards like Icarus Attack can't be stopped by this card.

Card B allows you to do a non-target banish on the field, then draw 2 cards then banish on the hand. There isn't really anything special from this other than it has a non-target banish and a +1 which is fine enough considering that it doesn't negate and it only reacts to your opponent's card so you can't really make some mean exploits with it.

I vote for Card A cause I feel that's more useful with the negation and an additional destruction with a burn bonus. ._.

If you feel that the restricted single negation is more useful with the burn and destruction as compensation, it's valid enough.

1-0 A unless Melon wants to say anything.

Let's see what Card A does.

Banishes itself for the following:

- Negate single target effects and destroyes them

- Destroyes and additional card of opponent's field

- Inflicts 1000 damage for destroying monsters

- Return to your field during the End Phase if effect wasn't negated

Now let's check out Card B.

It tributes itself for the following:

- Negate single or multiple targeting effects for the cost of banishing a card on your field

- Gives you 2 cards for the cost of banishing another card in your hand

- Returns to your field during the End Phase if effect wasn't negated

Card B feels like your are losing too much I mean you lose Stardust + a card on your field is banished + another card in your hand gets banished even if you get to draw 2 cards your side of the field is still at a disadvantage.

Card A however has one cost only which is banishing itself for negating a single target effect + destroying an additional card + inflicts damage for destroying monsters.

I think I will vote for Card A as drawing 2 cards and negating multiple targets' effects isn't worth losing 2 cards on your field and another card in your hand in the case of Card B + Card A can potentially inflict damage which is a bonus so yeah.

Archived