Anime-Luck Yugioh

Just an idea:

What if the game works as normal except that during the draw phase, you can search your deck for a card and add it to your hand instead of conducting a normal draw (but it still counts as the normal draw).

There would be a few major changes with this:

• All Searcher cards are banned. All Generic Special Summon from deck cards are banned (ie. no RotA/King of the Feral Imps/Shaddoll Hedgehog, nor E-tele/Reasoning). In archetype SS from deck cards are allowed at their current banlist listing (ie. Graff of BA would be at 1 while D-Hero Malicious would be at 3)
  • Exodia pieces are banned for obvious reasons.
  • RUM - The Seventh One is banned for obvious reasons.
  • Generic Spell/Trap draw cards are banned. In-archetype draw cards or monster draw cards are semi-limited (ie. Mathematician and Solar Recharge are allowed).
  • The starting hand is randomized as usual but player 1 does get their starting draw.

I'm probably missing some obviously broken interactions, so let me know if you can think of something.

Well, congratulations, you nerfed going first even more. Not only is my opponent getting an extra card, they can add their Twin Twister to their hand if I have backrow, heck, they can counter my plays completely.

IMO the first turn player should get his add, as he doesn't know what his opponent will do, so his opponent's first search will be better than his.

Hm, ok. Didn't think of that. I suppose in this kind of game, the first-turn no draw is too much considering "broken first-turn boards" can be responded to/outed fairly easily by the second player.

@Taken: I suppose Monarchs would be extremely powerful (I personally am not super familiar with their OTK method), but I think you're completely overestimating Kozmo. They'd lose Allure, E-tele, Kozmotown, Farmgirl and (maybe) Tincan. The Fire King builds would additionally lose Terraforming and Fire King Island. They'd be thoroughly weeded out imo.

Here's an idea: Anime luck only occurs in extremely tight situations, when the character needs to draw this one or he loses, and obviously they always draw it. Why not make it so that you can search your deck for a card instead of drawing only when you're at a certain Life Point/card deficit? That would be much more balanced.

I get the whole Destiny Draw mechanic, but that's not what this is and that's missing the point.

As mentioned in the OP, I'm curious on actual broken interactions. You can SAY this is broken, but without examples it's hard [for me] to really gauge. Again, I'm probably missing obvious things, but I'd like to be enlightened on those things.

Archived