Deletion System

I think this has been talked about, and I believe I heard it was not possible.  But we need a system to delete topics.

I always hear that the forums are too saturated with junk.  How about a system where players can flag topics created by banned players, or have not been commented on within a month, or that they themselves created.  Then, the admins can swoop in and start deleting the flagged topics.

However, a topic cannot be deleted if it was created by a currently active player AND they have at least 1 comment from someone else.  This can be overruled by ALL the mods voting to delete the topic, or the creator asking for it to be deleted.

This way, we can clean up trash topics, old topics, useless topics, and spam.  Thoughts?

Well, In my Opinion, if you want to tamper with topics, then contact a moderator and he/she will offer assistance to you, whether it is moving topics, locking, or even deleting.....

And I believe a deletion system could cause a conflict, since it enables members to delete each other's topics, unless only the creator can delete his/her own topic, might put up with that...

Since deleting topics can reduce the site memory and bandwidth....

Only real need to delete a thread is if it's some spambot or something. Even so, it can just as easily be locked and have the post blank. Deleting threads is pretty much pointless with the lock system in place. Also old topics getting deleted is really dumb. This place has a lot of meaning to me and looking back at those older posts once in a while is nice and give a nice sense of nostalgia. I'm sure a lot of other members feel, the same way.

> How about a system where players can flag topics created by banned players,

Banned people can't create topics.

Unless you mean topics created by someone who was a normal person, then decided to troll, got punished, and then got banned. But why would you want that? Delete the rule-breaking posts instead of like... a well thoughout deck, inventive Create-A-Cards, Fanfics they've written, RPs they've started, clubs they've made, etc etc. We already have a system for deleting spam posts. But there's no reason to delete old posts just for being old.

> or have not been commented on within a month

I'd be pretty funking pissed if I went on vacation and someone deleted my fanfic or RP or deck or Create-A-Card topic. There's really no reason to do that, and would probably only be used for trolling.

"H-hey... I think [user I dislike] is gone. Go ahead and delete their topics for me!"

> or that they themselves created.

People often refer to YCM mods as the police. If we're going with that analogy, it would be like cops destroying evidence. You never know what you'll need when it comes time to build a case to ban someone.

This way, we can clean up trash topics, old topics, useless topics, and spam. Thoughts?

... Let's start with this one!

Archived