[Leaderboard] Major's Shadow vs. Kitty w/ Bow (Cards Up!)

Major's Shadow

Hey, never tried a 1 vs. 1 competition, so let's give it a shot!

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
-Best of 3 votes, or the most votes before the deadline, wins
-All voters must provide accurate reasoning towards their picks
-Both contestants can refuse a vote(s), but must explain why.
-Written cards and images are both acceptable.
-Card entries must be PM'd to me, not posted as a reply.

Rewards:
-The Winner is awarded Rep from the Loser

-All voters will be provided Rep for their vote

Deadlines:
-Entrants have 2 days to PM their submission.
-Voting for entries ends 3 days after submissions are posted.

Requirement:
Make direct Support for any card or archetype released in Duelist Alliance [DUEA OCG or TCG]

[spoiler=Entry A](Based on the Batteryman support released in all versions of DUEA)

Batteryman Duplex

Effect Monster
Level 4 LIGHT
Thunder/Effect

500ATK / 500DEF
You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Batteryman" monster from your hand or Deck, except "Batteryman Duplex". You can banish this card from your Graveyard; during your Main Phase this turn, You can Normal Summon 1 "Batteryman" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn (You can only gain this effect once per turn). You may only activate each effect of "Batteryman Duplex" once per turn.

[spoiler=Entry B](Based on the Elder Entity Archetype released in Korean DUEA)

Entity Servant Hovepraft

Effect Monster
Level 4/ DARK
Warrior/ Tuner/ Effect

1400 ATK/ 1700 DEF
Once per turn: You can send 1 monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; apply one of the following effects, depending on the type of monster sent.
@ Fusion: Special Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring the summoning conditions. It cannot be used as Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of an "Entity" Xyz Monster.
@Synchro: Special Summon 1 "Entity Token" (Fiend-Type/ EARTH/ Level 2/ ATK 0/ DEF 0), and if you do, change this card's Level to 2.
@Xyz: Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your Graveyard, except a Synchro Monster, and if you do, this card is treated as a Synchro Monster until the end of the turn(even if this card leaves the field).

Card A is a more accessible Charger. It can easily summon 9V for a search (usually AAA), then proceed to banish this card in the Grave to summon AAA for rank 4 plays. It doesn't quite fix what Batteryman needs but it speeds up the archetype so that's fine.

Card B has different effects depending on the sent monster to the Extra Deck. (1) Fusion: This is OP. You can Summon any Fusion monster just by sending a Fusion monster from the Deck to the Graveyard. Heck, you can Summon Armityle and call it a day. (2) Synchro: Arc Light immediately comes to mind with Nekroz. Other than that, you can simply go for a Level 5 Synchro. (3) Xyz: You can throw Dante or 18 to get some milling work for their respective archetypes. Other than that, you can get a Level 8 Synchro or make a Rank 4.

Card A gets my vote cause it gets its job done and really just speeds up the Batteryman. Card B is OP with that Fusion effect (its currently worse than Cyber-Stein). It has potential if it can only summon Entity Fusions since the Synchro/Xyz effects can open some Synchro/Xyz plays, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Card A is a more accessible Charger. It can easily summon 9V for a search (usually AAA), then proceed to banish this card in the Grave to summon AAA for rank 4 plays. It doesn't quite fix what Batteryman needs but it speeds up the archetype so that's fine.

Card B has different effects depending on the sent monster to the Extra Deck. (1) Fusion: This is OP. You can Summon any Fusion monster just by sending a Fusion monster from the Deck to the Graveyard. Heck, you can Summon Armityle and call it a day. (2) Synchro: Arc Light immediately comes to mind with Nekroz. Other than that, you can simply go for a Level 5 Synchro. (3) Xyz: You can throw Dante or 18 to get some milling work for their respective archetypes. Other than that, you can get a Level 8 Synchro or make a Rank 4.

Card A gets my vote cause it gets its job done and really just speeds up the Batteryman. Card B is OP with that Fusion effect (its currently worse than Cyber-Stein). It has potential if it can only summon Entity Fusions since the Synchro/Xyz effects can open some Synchro/Xyz plays, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright, just wanted to clarify that there was an error w/ Card B, and the level on the 2nd eff to spawn the token was changed from 3 to 2. I'm not sure if this would change your judgement in anyway or not, but I'd like to know before counting the score. 

Card A:

I have to say, quite happy it fits the naming convention of the set (not that it adds to how good the card is, I just enjoy the attention to detail). As far as its effect goes, it's pretty good. It allows you to set up for OTK's quickly, and if they get countered, you can try again the next turn. Having it so it can't search itself and limiting its effects to effectively "One-or-t'other" is a nice way to stop it from being broken. Overall, could see this being played in a Batteryman Deck.

Card B:

The Entity archetype is one I'm really not familiar with, so I may get the judgement wrong when it comes to synergies with it. However, when it comes to just the card itself, I'm going to have to agree with Tori-Kun that the fusion effect is ludicrous. Some of the fusions you can get out, in OCG and TCG, are just ridiculous, and it would take me too long to list them out. When it comes to the ther effects, they are pretty good, and when it comes to the archetype you are trying to support, you see why. However, in all honesty, Forbidden Trapezohedron is just better support as it doesn't break the game.

My vote has to go to Card A

Card A:
I have to say, quite happy it fits the naming convention of the set (not that it adds to how good the card is, I just enjoy the attention to detail). As far as its effect goes, it's pretty good. It allows you to set up for OTK's quickly, and if they get countered, you can try again the next turn. Having it so it can't search itself and limiting its effects to effectively "One-or-t'other" is a nice way to stop it from being broken. Overall, could see this being played in a Batteryman Deck.

Card B:
The Entity archetype is one I'm really not familiar with, so I may get the judgement wrong when it comes to synergies with it. However, when it comes to just the card itself, I'm going to have to agree with Tori-Kun that the fusion effect is ludicrous. Some of the fusions you can get out, in OCG and TCG, are just ridiculous, and it would take me too long to list them out. When it comes to the ther effects, they are pretty good, and when it comes to the archetype you are trying to support, you see why. However, in all honesty, Forbidden Trapezohedron is just better support as it doesn't break the game.

My vote has to go to Card A

Alrighty, Card A: 2, Card B: 0.

Card A:

Ok then this card Special Summons a "Batteryman" monster except itself from your Deck or your hand for the cost of tributing it, ok now we can use it to Special Summon something like "Batteryman 9-Volt" then use its effect to add something like "Batteryman AAA" from the Deck to my hand then banish Duplex to Normal Summon Batteryman AAA then use its effect to Special Summon another one from the hand or the Graveyard and then use something like Short Circuit to destroy all cards the opponent controls and then swing through the opponent's side of the field but this combo is still balanced since it requires you to have a Batteryman AAA in your hand or your Graveyard to pull this off.

Card B:

Fusion: This is just borderline broken, this effect brings out Armytile or Crimson Nova Trinity so easily that it will break the game.

Synchro: This effect is good, It can be used to Synchro into Old Entity or any Level 4 Synchro so its pretty good.

Xyz: It has a good effect for getting a Rank 4 or a Level 8 Synchro so its nice I guess.

Verdict:

I vote for Card A as it adds good support for Batteryman monsters and Card B's Fusion effect is broken, maybe it should be limited to Elder Entity Fusions so that it is more balanced.

Archived