The Smallkins

Woloa

Figured since I am occasionally back here, I might as well redo an old archetype of mine that I was really proud of at the time. The existing cards didn't even need a lot of modding.

[spoiler=Low Level]D7rtsWg.jpg

While this card is face-up on the field, other "Smallkin" monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks.
When this card is banished, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. You can banish 1 "Smallkin" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand

JqFrIY4.jpg

When this card is banished you may add up to 2 spell or trap cards from your graveyard to your hand.

uQLwbZk.jpg

Whenever you summon a "Smallkin" monster, gain 500 life points, you must control this face up card to resolve this effect. When this card is banished, gain 500 life points for each "Smallkin" monster on your field.

Rdxcxho.jpg

Flip: Special Summon 2 "Doll Tokens" (Machine-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100) in face-up defense position.
When this card is banished you can Special Summon 1 "Smallkin" monster from your hand or draw 1 card.

ricdSAl.jpg

While you control 3 or more "Smallkin" monsters with different names, this card can attack your opponent directly. When this card is banished, Special Summon 1 "Smallkin" monster from your Graveyard. You can banish 1 "Smallkin" monster you control; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

5RdD6Cr.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by a "Smallkin" card's effect and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is banished, you can add 1 "Smallkin" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can banish 1 "Smallkin" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand

[spoiler=Mid/High level]

qSdgwd1.jpg

Can not be normal summoned or set, must be special summoned by the effect of a Smallkin card. During the end step, if two or more "Smallkin" monsters you controled were banished this turn: special summon this card (from your hand). When this card is banished: return this card to your hand.

M3eL8JZ.jpg

When this monster is Normal or Special Summoned (by the effect of a "Smallkin" card), you can Special Summon 1 "Anne, Smallkin Puppet" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
When this card is banished, you can Special Summon 1 banished "Smallkin" monster with a

OgUZUNO.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Smallkin" card. When this card is banished, you can Special Summon it in face-up defense position.

yfAULsh.jpg

This card can be normal summoned without tribute if there are at least 5 "Smallkin" monsters with different names in your graveyard. Once per turn: you may banish 1 "Smallkin" monster except this card from your hand, field or graveyard, OR pay 1000 life points to banish 1 "Smallkin" monster from your deck.

[spoiler=Extra Deck/Ritual]

2fcVYic.jpg

This card is used to ritual summon "Aria, Guardian of the Smallkin". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total levels equal 9 or more. During either player's Damage Step, when "Aria, Guardian of the Smallkin" battles an opponent's monster, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; switch the ATK and DEF of 1 face-up "Aria, Guardian of the Smallkin". You can only activate this effect once per turn.

i8yAaeK.jpg

Must be Ritual Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can Ritual Summon this card with the Ritual Spell Card "Prayers of the Smallkin". During either player's turn, you can banish 1 "Smallkin" monster from your Graveyard; "Smallkin" monsters cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects until your next Standby Phase

RjxdPph.jpg

2 level 4 Smallkin monsters
Once per turn, you may remove two overlay units from Cherry, Smallkin Queen to special summon up to 3 "Smallkin" monsters with different names from your graveyard. When this card is banished, return it to the extra deck.

Xo2DJrv.jpg

1 level 6 "Smallkin" monster or 3 level 4 "Smallkin" monsters. Once per turn: you may remove any number of Xyz materials from this card, then, attach that many monsters you control to this card as Xyz material. All Xyz materials removed from this card are banished. When this card is banished: it is return this card to your extra deck.

[spoiler=Both spell cards.]Making spells for this set is hard.

9rwm49a.jpg

Target two "Smallkin" monsters with different names you control, until the end of the turn, each monster adds their attack points to the attack points of the other. This card can not be used on "Rain, Slaughterer of the Smallkin" or "Aria, Guardian of the Smallkin". Only one of the targeted monsters may attack on the turn this card is activated. You may only activate 1 "smallkin Synergy" per turn.

SNDPfVu.jpg

ny "Smallkin" monster that is destroyed is banished, instead of being sent to the Graveyard. When you activate a card effect that Special Summons a monster from your Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Smallkin" monsters instead.

Aww. It's this ensemble of cute again. And I see you've added new ones. I'll cover those.

But before that, one thing I want to mention is that for their effects, I think it'd be in your best interest to change them from "When this card is banished," to "When this card is banished:", so they don't miss timing.

Also, for Dragon, it should be:

Cannot be Normal Suummoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Smallkin" card and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During the End Phase, if two or more "Smallkin" monsters you controled were banished this turn: Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Alice should be:

Must be Tribute Summoned if there are at least 5 "Smallkin" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Smallkin" monster (except this card) from your hand, field or Graveyard, OR pay 1000 life points to banish 1 "Smallkin" monster from your deck.

Cherry should be:

2 level 4 "Smallkin" monsters

Once per turn, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Special summon up to 3 "Smallkin" monsters with different names from your Graveyard. If this card is banished: Return it to the extra deck.

Rain should be:

1 level 6 "Smallkin" monster or 3 level 4 "Smallkin" monsters.

Once per turn: You can detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card, then, attach an equal number of monsters you control to this card as Xyz material. All Xyz materials removed from this card are banished. When this card is banished: It is returned to the Extra Deck.

Synergy:

Target 2 "Smallkin" monsters with different names you control; until the End Phase, each target gains ATK equal to the ATK of the other target. "Rain, Slaughterer of the Smallkin" or "Aria, Guardian of the Smallkin" cannot be targeted by this effect. Only one of the targeted monsters may attack the turn this card is activated. You can only activate 1 "Smallkin Synergy" per turn.

Make sure you give a proper review of the cards Nyx, instead of just fixing the OCG.

(Reminder that OCG fixes do NOT count under the AC, and you should know how to write it properly if you opt to fix it)

Apolergies. I was going to go more into detail on the cards, but I was short on time. Anywho:

Serena: 1000 damage, shifts the attack target to it. Other than the damage and and ATK, it doesn't do much harm. It's balanced enough.

Jane: This can prove overpowered, but then again, there aren't many Decks that banish your Graveyard.

Lily: Doesn't do all that much, but balanced nonetheless.

Marissa: Cute; it could set up monsters for Tribute Summoning. And it has a good banish-triggering effect.

Venessa: Not much to the attacking effect. Though, similar utility to the banish-triggering effect.

Mara: Subtle Summoning effect; getting them to the Graveyard isn't too difficult. Plus, it helps set up banish-triggering effects.

Clarissa: Slow form of Summoning; though, it can return to the hand. Not much to say about it other than it being a beatstick.

Jessica: Sure, it Summons a beatstick from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, but it requires a bit of investment, whether sending it or Tribute Summoning it. And banish-triggering effect in similar sense to Marissa and Venessa, which is to Summon.

Anne: A beatstick that can Summon itself. That's most to to say about it.

Alice: Simple alternative to Normal Summon. However, most of it's practicality comes from setting up two banish-triggering effects.

Cherry: A nice Xyz Monster to help speed up the archetype, as it's kind of slow.

Rain: Another form of setting up banish-triggering effects. And it's not too difficult to Summon either.

Synergy: A form of giving them more ATK. Not bad, but doesn't do all that much for that archetype.

While I like the premise, I feel the archetype is pretty slow. There's very few that set up additional Summons and fewer that can banish them to trigger their effects.

Thanks Nyx.  it's actually kinda hard to come up with spells and traps for this set, so, I'll be focusing on that mostly if I add to it again, I feel like the monster set is about full at this point.

I am, as always, open to any suggestions you may have towards cards to add to the set.

Thanks Nyx.

No problem!

it's actually kinda hard to come up with spells and traps for this set, so, I'll be focusing on that mostly if I add to it again, I feel like the monster set is about full at this point.

I am, as always, open to any suggestions you may have towards cards to add to the set.

Well, for starters, how about more cards capable of Special Summoning them or cards that activate at the cost of banishing a "Smallkin" card like a Spell Card with the effect "Banish 1 "Smallkin" card from your hand; draw 2 cards.".

That would work, I'm also thinking of making a card kinda like "Dark Deal", change an opponent's trap card effect to "Banish one monster from your opponent's graveyard". I'll make sure you are informed first when I update the set.

That would work, I'm also thinking of making a card kinda like "Dark Deal", change an opponent's trap card effect to "Banish one monster from your opponent's graveyard". I'll make sure you are informed first when I update the set.

Alright. Though, maybe it could extend to Spell Cards, too.

Archived