[Leaderboard] Abdelrahman vs Yuuko ( Voting )

Abdelrahman

Might as well vote..

First off, Card A's stats are too high for a level 5 (higher than reign-beaux) It also has a 500 burn damage for each Dark world which is not that hard to exploit considering its easy to swarm with these guys. Since it has been discussed, Card A's second effect doesn't work with Grapha so basically it doesn't get any support from the Dark World cause they mainly discard. HOWEVER, this card is great against Air Force, Evacuation Device and the likes. It works as a searcher(usually beiige) and then allows you to discard that. So its kind of goodish outside of working with Grapha like the designer intended it. Lower the stats and then it can pass and remove that "by a card effect" on its return condition as well. "If this card returns to your hand: "

Card B pulls off a semi-floodgate with that OPT ss from extra deck. This is nice against Pendu Decks that relies on Xyz Summon. Note though that Dark World also likes Xyz Summoning for Rank 8 and Rank 5-6. It also offers a nice buff that stacks with Gates. It also has a excavate/discard effect which is nice but doesn't really speed up the archetype. And finally ends it with a float recycling effect which is also nice. That's a lot of effects. Truth be told, it's currently competing with Dark Smog and personally outside of the 300 buff, I prefer running that over this one cause it has the ability to prevent COTH and the likes and also cause its discard effect delivers faster than this card which requires you to excavate a DW card first before you can pull off something. Generally, Dark Smog is more useful imo.

What DW currently needs right now is a more reliable searcher than Snoww and Card A almost nailed it to the bin if only it works with Grapha :V.

I'm voting for Card C.

So what about the fact that DW can only have Grapha being the beatstick with only 3000 ATK at most?

Also who the heck runs Compulsory nowadays Lol?

The SS once per turn from the Extra Deck was put there on purpose, not just SS in general. DW pretty much never make 2 Xyz plays in the same turn because it's too costly in the current game.

Plus Smoggy has no float for the current YGO age of unlimited Twin Twisters. What about that fact, aside from only Trance Archfiend being the only recycler for the archetype?

So what about the fact that DW can only have Grapha being the beatstick with only 3000 ATK at most?

I don't see how this is a problem? DW's strategy is just to disrupt and maintain card advantage with aggressive swarming, discarding and destroying. Not plowing the field with huge beatsticks. Grapha being the only beatstick for DW is enough considering how they play.

Also who the heck runs Compulsory nowadays Lol?

It was just an example :V

The SS once per turn from the Extra Deck was put there on purpose, not just SS in general. DW pretty much never make 2 Xyz plays in the same turn because it's too costly in the current game.

I didn't mention that its a bad thing for DW. Its just a note. ._.

Plus Smoggy has no float for the current YGO age of unlimited Twin Twisters. What about that fact, aside from only Trance Archfiend being the only recycler for the archetype?

Who gives a s*** if it has no float? Just because its continuous, it doesn't have to float and the fact that it does a lot of things already makes it overkill. Besides, Dark Smog is more useful against meta decks like Monarchs and Burning Abyss. I did praise the recycle effect but really, Dark Smog is just a more useful disruption.

I don't see how this is a problem? DW's strategy is just to disrupt and maintain card advantage with aggressive swarming, discarding and destroying. Not plowing the field with huge beatsticks. Grapha being the only beatstick for DW is enough considering how they play.

Also who the heck runs Compulsory nowadays Lol?It was just an example :V

I didn't mention that its a bad thing for DW. Its just a note. ._.

Who gives a s*** if it has no float? Just because its continuous, it doesn't have to float and the fact that it does a lot of things already makes it overkill. Besides, Dark Smog is more useful against meta decks like Monarchs and Burning Abyss. I did praise the recycle effect but really, Dark Smog is just a more useful disruption.

It's fine if you preferred playing that version of DW. It's only that Grapha tends to be the only card DW uses nowadays for field removal. If you preferred that style of DW, it's still valid for your reasons. It's usually just disruption nowadays because Graphs can't overpower the 3k beat sticks without suiciding and such.

I suppose you picked Card C for both cards not boosting DW to the point you liked. Alrighty then.

You would've won had you made the search effect occur whenever it returned to the hand, as Tori pointed out. DW needs a better searcher as opposed to a floodgate as it seems to be the preferred want to the popular majority. I chose a floodgate based only on personal experience.

Archived