[Leaderboard] Cards up! Aez vs. Abdelrahman Bahaa! A Battle of the Blue Fuses!

ÆƵ–

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
Sudden death is applied if no votes are made by the contest deadline.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
Cards must be PM'd to me. Preferably written.
To enforce anonymity and consistency, cards will become written when posted up. The contestant can further elaborate how their card is supposed to work for more consistent PSCT.
In case of downtime or emergencies, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
1st place gets a rep from 2nd place.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries after the challenge has been accepted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.
The contest ends a week after both contestants' cards are posted up.

Requirement:

Lol I dunno challenger's choice?

Blue-eyes fusion time, b1tches

Card A:

Blue-Eyes Destroyer Dragon

Level 12/ LIGHT 
Dragon/  Fusion/ Effect

3 "Blue-Eyes" Monsters.
Must be Fusion Summoned by shuffling the above cards from your Graveyard into the Deck and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be Summoned during the turn you Fusion Summon another "Blue-Eyes" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. Once per turn, when this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can send 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner Monster from your Deck to your Graveyard; This card can make a second attack in a row. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: You can pay 1000 LP to activate this effect; If a Dragon-Type monster attacks this turn, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can only Fusion Summon  "Blue-Eyes Destroyer Dragon" once per duel.

3000 ATK2500 DEF

Card B:

Blue-Eyes Strike Dragoon

Level 9/ LIGHT

Dragon/ Fusion/ Effect

1 Spellcaster-Type Monster + 1 "Blue-Eyes" Monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard (you do not use "Polymerization"). Once per turn: You can target 1 other monster you control; it can attack your opponent directly this turn, but any battle damage it inflicts this way is halved. When your opponent takes battle damage due to a direct attack: you can target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control; Send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your Graveyard with a different name then the one sent.

3300 ATK/ 2700 DEF

Card A:

I have to say, right off the bat, this card is weak. You lose 3 LV8 monsters for 1 LV12 with the same ATK/DEF, OR 3 LV8 effect monsters to gain 500 ATK and DEF. Might be my MTG talking here, but that doesn't seem like a good trade at all. At lease it's contact fusion, and with how Blue-Eyes works you should be able to summon this early... but then it is restricted to not being on a turn you've already Fusion Summoned a Blue-Eyes. This seems a tad off, since at cheapest you lose 2 Blue-Eyes (Alternative) White Dragons, and the only other one uses 3 of them, so you probably won't be doing it anyway. Also, the way it's worded means that techincally you COULD summon this first, then summon another, but that's just getting silly at this point.

Then it gets to the really juicy stuff. Can attack twice if you already destroyed something; Pretty useful imo, but I like using just big sticks to beat people with anyway, and the possibility of causing 3000pts Direct Damage is quite good, and could set up plays with the support group. Second effect seems good for a pure dragon deck, which I'm not sure if most Blue-Eyes decks would be, but that's just my lack of knowledge showing. Still, 1000LP for a tear-cup is pretty good, especially if you get to attack twice.

And then it ends by shooting itself in all of the feet and limits itself to Once Per Duel. Honestly, even with the above effects, it is nowhere near the levels of Fruity to be Once-Per-Duel. Even some of the most horrible cards are not "Once Per Duel". Hell, even the GOD CARDS are not good enough to warrant the "Once Per Duel" rule. This card is not good enough to even be limited to "You can only control 1 at a time", let alone "Once Per Duel".

Card B:

... is effectively a Syncro Monster wearing a purple coat, as it's only ever going to be summoned with a "With Eyes of Blue" card. Again, is contact fusion (proper contact, not the graveyard sort), so it's faster. Also only needs 2 monsters, so faster still, meaning it would only really have to compete with Twin-Burst and the Syncro counterparts.

Stat-wise, compared to Twin Burst, it is better by 200ATK/DEF. Effect wise, however, it's like they would be thematic if the stats were switched. Twin Burst does the double attack (if the opponent has the monsters), can't be destroyed in combat, and Banishes monsters it can't destroy (which are few and far between), but it has the weaker stats of the two. Meanwhile, this guy plays more of a support role as the big scary wall, but can cause direct damage with other monsters you control (whilst this would still be in a Blue-Eyes deck, it is nice that it works for any monster), which in turn gets you to cycle your support group to get more plays, making this card more of an engine to continue that just a straight up win condition.

Honestly, this is pretty clear cut for me. Card B is superior to Card A, as it has more viability in a Blue-Eyes deck and does support the Archetype, instead of being a big pompous snowflake that is nowhere near as good as the fusions already out there. Hell, I can see Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon being run instead of it, and that card is redundant now you have Neo.

TL;DR: Voting for Card B

Okay, so Brimtosis already pointed out the majority of the stuff for both cards, but I didn't look at them in detail, and I'll just do it off the top of my head.

Card A was looking very, very good at first with the shuffling 3 Blue Eyes from the Graveyard for the Summon. A unique, legal Summoning method is always a plus on my books, except everything went downhill from there. Looking on, Card A steals the design slot of Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate but with the Level 1 Tuners, aside from limiting your other Fusions for the turn. Then it somehow gains an Ancient Gear effect that seems to stray from the feeling of Blue-Eyes. At most, this card can only be Summoned once per duel as well. I really don't see any problems with it, but in terms of flavour and design, it's not very appealing.

Card B made me laugh once I realized the potential it had if Maiden was with this card once it hits the field. Attack directly, target Maiden, Summon Blue Eyes with Maiden effect, Retrieve a different Tuner, make another Strike or a Level 9 Synchro and then OL for something like Enterblathnir for some fun. =3

Of course, the direct attack effect is somewhat weird, but it is an effective alternative than to go for making one of the Synchros.

Being more playable and whatnot, as well as having the potential to do more than act as a Ancient Gear beatstick, I'll vote for B.

Woohoo, my first 1 vs. 1 review. Let's do this~

Card A, Blue-Eyes Destroyer Dragon:

This is an interesting card, to say the least. It's one of those inclusions that provides a play inherent to the archetype in the mid-late game, while recycling resources at the same time. It does have the restrictions of being the only Fusion Summon play that turn, but even still, I've never been a huge fan of inherent mechanics that generate free advantage by just attempting the summon. It also is a 3000ATK armades for all "Blue-Eyes" monsters you control for the Battle Phase of either player's turn, that also has a Mermail-type cost mechanic to attack twice in a turn. While this does fit the character of the Blue-Eyes archetype, it does so without cost and little restriction, and shares mechanics more well balanced in other Blue-Eyes Extra Deck monsters.

Card B, Blue-Eyes Strike Dragoon:

Odd that both submissions are inherent Summonings. This card' effects starkly contrast its summoning requirements, by supporting the Spellcaster "Maiden" targeting piece of the engine. Giving them an Extra Deck option to target multiple times in a turn is nice in theory, but there isn't a ton of advantage to actually generate off doing so (unless you can make a board w/ more than 1 Spellcaster, and use the targeting mechanics on the Maiden you didn't send). But even in that position, the rest of the in-archetype monsters easily fufill that role, and the monsters have OPT clauses that prevent looping and abusing this mechanic more than once in a turn anyways. It's asking whether this is worth making over a Spirit Dragon, if you can make a Spirit Dragon, and in most cases, it isn't.

Card B gets my vote. Regarding Card A, I've never been a fan of inherent mechanics that generate free advantage w/ little restriction, and many of the effects have been done in a more fair manner.

Archived