[Leaderboard] Brimtosis vs Yuuko Kazami {Closed}

Brimtosis

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:
-Create an XYZ monster for an Archetype that does not already have one

[spoiler=Card A: 3 Votes - Winner]

Electrum, Gadget Knight
Rank 4

LIGHT

Machine / XYZ / Effect
2 Level 4 Machine-Type monsters
This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each monster that lists "Gadget" in its name or card text in your Graveyard. During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Machine-Type monster you control; once this turn, if it would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, it is not destroyed. Also, if it attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. These changes last until the End Phase of this turn. If this card is sent to Graveyard: You can banish this card, then target 1 "Gadget" monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Electrum, Gadget Knight" once per turn.

ATK: 2300

DEF: 2000

[spoiler=Card B: 0 Votes]

D.D. Pathfinder

Rank 4

LIGHT

Warrior / XYZ / Effect

3 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn, during your Stand-By Phase, you can target 1 monster your Opponent controls: Detach 1 XYZ Material from this card; Banish both the Opponent's monster, and the detached material. Once per turn, during your Stand-By Phase, you can target 1 "D.D." monster that has been Banished: Detach 1 XYZ Material from this card; Banish the detached material, and Special Summon the "D.D." monster you targeted. You can only activate 1 of the effects of "D.D. Pathfinder" per turn.

ATK: 2700

DEF: 1600

Card C: 0 Votes

Can't accept the vote from only repeating the effects. Also, I need to have Brimtosis fix something. I told him already via PM.

You never pointed anything out about the mats required for the Summon, the stats, etc. Not only that, you have insufficient knowledge on the card archetypes in general. This vote is completely invalid.

I edited it a little bit, is it better now?

Can't accept the vote from only repeating the effects. Also, I need to have Brimtosis fix something. I told him already via PM.

You never pointed anything out about the mats required for the Summon, the stats, etc. Not only that, you have insufficient knowledge on the card archetypes in general. This vote is completely invalid.

One, your examples are not good examples or a correct gamestate. Two, your lack of knowledge of the archetypes and the game in general is blatantly obvious. Three, you cannot distinguish the effectiveness of how both cards works, and if they're even effective at all, which supports my previous statement. This is an automatic signal of you not to vote in this 1v1 due to you not having enough vadlidity in your points to support your vote.

Not only that, Brimtosis still has to fix something for me, but that's irrelevant considering you do not have the correct qualifications to vote in this 1v1 at all. You cannot understand the usage of resources and the costs of making each monster, as you have completely disregarded that. Not only that, you did not understand both cards deep enough to make an argument, as the requirements of a card would obviously suggest other uses in which you ignored.

It doesn't matter if you edit your original vote or not, because outright admitting to having the lack of knowledge for one card's archetype is enough to completely bar you from voting.

Yuuko, you DO NOT have the authority to bar members from voting in any of your contests. The same goes for the rest of you; the right to reject participant votes is permitted (with reasoning), but barring members is not. Only a Custom Cards moderator can ban members from voting for any period of time, not you. 

I don't know what the original vote was, but Abdel, you do need to point out specific uses for the cards in question. Restating the cards is fine if it'll help you understand what you're dealing with, but you need to provide substance. 

Yuuko, you DO NOT have the authority to bar members from voting in any of your contests. The same goes for the rest of you; the right to reject participant votes is permitted (with reasoning), but barring members is not. Only a Custom Cards moderator can ban members from voting for any period of time, not you.

I don't know what the original vote was, but Abdel, you do need to point out specific uses for the cards in question. Restating the cards is fine if it'll help you understand what you're dealing with, but you need to provide substance.

Original vote was literally the usual: re-stating the effects and using the effects as the reasoning for picking one card over the other. The gamestates he defined were illogical as well.

Aside from admitting that he wasn't familiar at all with the archetype for the card that he voted for.

If that's not a case of not being eligible to vote in this 1v1 due to lack of knowledge, than I don't know how votes work anymore.

So I can't even re-vote? Wow........

Unless you can prove you know 100% of what you're saying, which is impossible if you aren't familiar at one of the archetypes at all, it would never be considered a valid vote.

Also, your familiarity on Gadgets are limited to only the new support aside from the original trinity. I'm assuming the Gadjiltrons and other machine Decks, such as Geargias, are out of the question as well.

Is the new vote better or not? ( Note: I only did Card A because I wanted to see wether it was better than the last vote first ).

My God, just drop it. Why do you think all of us don't vote for every 1v1? If we're not familiar on an archetype or topic, we abstain from voting. Otherwise, it might just be a point of the two cards being too similar in quality to make any difference with a Card C vote.

It's not the more you write that makes it better, it's the deeper points and combos you can make from underneath the surface. Even with the essay on Gadgets, all I'm seeing is you stating the obvious of what's there, since you're telling me stuff like a protection effect can protect it from Dark Hole.

Not only that, you're not even familiar with the archetype of one of the cards, so who can trust you giving a judgment? Right now, you're just beating a dead horse by trying to convince me to accept the vote of someone who wouldn't really know what they're talking about. It's obvious you're going to repeat the same thing by saying something like "Card B can banish a monster so it works like Karma Cut" with the second card.

Your experience isn't good enough to make a valid vote in this 1v1, just accept it. Not only that, I repeated that Brimtosis needed to fix something for me for about the third time. Learn how to listen, for Christ's sake.

I'm not exactly sure why you think I am not very familiar with Gadgets but ok whatever its your own post, because I did built a Deck around them so I know how they function ( Summon Gold or Silver to Summon another Gadget and then Xyz into a Rank 4 and then bring another Gadget to your hand and then use it and Machina Fortress to summon Machina ).

Even if I were to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you did know the Gadget Deck even if the non-TCG released cards, only knowing 50% would still not qualify for a valid vote if you had no familiarity on how D.D functioned.

Again, referring back to my previous post:

Cards are fixed, voting can happen now.

Please be sure that you understand how the two archetypes work before making a vote guys. Thanks.

If you re-read the last sentence, its there in black and white.

Card A is a "what if Utopia the Lightning and Stardust Spark Dragon had a baby" Any Machine-type archetypes would love the effect it gives, especially the Utopia the Lightning effect on a Deskbot. And considering how fast Gadgets swarm the field, this one has potential abuse. It has a recycle effect float which is pretty okay for Gadgets. Overall, it's a decent card and doesn't compete with other R4 cards so clearly this has room for Machine Xyz.

Card B is a great card if it wasn't really built for D.D. sadly and its effect that activates only during the SP. D.D. hasn't been updated (I mean, some poser "D.D." cards like that Esper thingy doesn't count.) I guess Macro Monarchs can still be a thing. So first thing about this card is that its 3 mat card. It's hard to pull off for D.D.s with Survivor being the only easy use for a mat and that card has hard OPT. Tellarknights has use for that first effect tho and they can easily SS this card no problem. But being a support card/boss(yes) for D.D. it actually works cause Survivor/Scount Plane can have fun with both of its effects. First effect is a nice disruption. Second effect is a nice recycle for Warrior Lady/Assailant. However I'm iffy about it cause it activates during the Standby phase and that means you cant use the first effect immediately and you have to wait for your opponent's turn to end to start the disruption/recycle, assuming this card doesn't blow up or gets castel'd. I guess Shiranui can run this if they have space for it for the first effect or they sport some D.D. cards for some reason.

I'm voting for Card A on this one. While there is potential abuse for it, its still hard OPT'd so it's fine. Card B's support for a small and outdated archetype (their strongest card outside of those poser D.D.s is Survivor.) and Standby Phase activation pulled it down.

Alright, this one seems very interesting. I'll start with Card B.

Card B won't find an easy home in D.D. as a 3Mat Xyz. Due to D.D. Survivor's Special Summon effect both resolving at the end of the turn and being a hard OPT, you cannot rely on using more than one copy of Survivor. That ultimately means you'd need to utilize Warrior Lady and Warrior, and both of them don't have a Special Summon effect of their own. And since Return from the Different Dimension and Ultimate Offering are banned, there isn't any other way to bring this card out. Either way, this card cannot be optimally utilized. As for the effects, having both of them be Standby effects breaks the norm considerably. Usually with Standby effects, they are used to pay maintenance costs for cards like Mirror Wall. With that in mind, the effects are okay and do help push the continued use of a D.D. Survivor. In my mind, this should have been a 2Mat Xyz.

Card A appears to do well with Gadgets. Though since Ultimate Offering is banned, the obvious way to set this card up is unavailable. Unlike Card B, Card A doesn't have as much of a set-up problem due to it being Machine-Type monsters. Given the support that they have, I'd say this Xyz monster would fit well. And I do agree with Tori's assessment on this card too.

I had more to say for Card B because I have more problems with it and Tori basically gave the reasoning for Card A. My vote goes for Card A.

Archived