Atreyu the Wondior [Synchro]

Sluggaholic

[spoiler=Card Art]

SILcskF.jpg

- - - - - -

Atreyu the Wondior

EARTH - Warrior-type - Level 8 [synchro] Monster

1 Tuner + 1 or more monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned using a LIGHT monster(s), you can activate these effects in sequence: (1) If you have 1 or more cards in your Graveyard: Target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it (2) Send one card from each side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during eithet player's turn, if your opponent draws a card: You can declare 1 card name; if the card shares the name you declared, banish it 

- - - - - -

So yeah, here's another character from The Neverending Story, which loves it when you have target-able Tuners you can SS from the Graveyard. Plus, with a decent 2650 body and the ability to debilitate your opponent's hand when they draw for no cost, it's a decent Synchro to plug in. Plus, with its ability to summon another Tuner from the Graveyard, added onto the fact that you don't have to use a Tuner + a non-tuner to make him, you can use him in a Quasar deck if you really need to simply bring back Tatsunoku or Formula Synchron. (Though he may be a bit of a hassle to make in the first place.)

It'd be great if I could get some reviews on how to make this card better. Thanks for looking.

True, but Galaxy Serpent always reminded me of Falknor, tbh. I'm not sure why it did, but it did.

Also, if I'm going to be honest with myself, I kind of made this with half my mind on QUAZORZ. The other half was on cranapple juice.

thanks for the feedback dude

True, but Galaxy Serpent always reminded me of Falknor, tbh. I'm not sure why it did, but it did.

Also, if I'm going to be honest with myself, I kind of made this with half my mind on QUAZORZ. The other half was on cranapple juice.

thanks for the feedback dude

Maybe you could make the materials generic and make it's effect based on if it was Synchro Summoned using LIGHT monsters as Synchro Materials.

Maybe you could make the materials generic and make it's effect based on if it was Synchro Summoned using LIGHT monsters as Synchro Materials.

That could definitely work. But now I've gotta think about whether or not they should resolve in sequence or not.

If they did, then it could either A.) Give you fodder to send to the Graveyard, if you so choose to use its effect, or B.) Give you back a Tuner to smack your opponent with just in case you sent Atreyu.

Now that I think about it, that actually wouldn't be that bad an effect. Non-targeting, non-destruction removal's p.good nowadays, and on top of that, it could resuscitate a lost Tuner.

You're smart, thanks.

Major edits, basically an entire revision of how the card worked. Mostly the same effects, though.

Not bad. Not broken, but still practical.

However, your wording's off.

1 Tuner + 1 or more monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned using a LIGHT monster(s), you can resolve these effects in sequence: (1) If you have 1 or more cards in your Graveyard: target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it (2) Send one card from each side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per turn, if your opponent draws a card, you can declare 1 card name: if the drawn card shares the name you declared, banish it.

It should be:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned using a LIGHT monster(s), you can activate these effects in sequence: (1) If you have 1 or more cards in your Graveyard: Target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it (2) Send one card from each side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during eithet player's turn, if your opponent draws a card: You can declare 1 card name; if the card shares the name you declared, banish it

Archived