[Leaderboard] - Abdelrahman vs Yuuko ( Closed )

Abdelrahman

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply

-Best of 3 votes wins

-All voters must elaborate on their votes.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

-Contestants have 48 hours ( 72 if needed ) to submit their entries.

-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirement:

Monster that disrupts Synchro,Xyz and Pendulum without outright negating them.

Entries:

Card A: ( 0 Votes )

Summon Veiler:

Warrior - Tuner - Effect

Level 2 - LIGHT

ATK: 500

DEF: 1500

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. During either player's turn, when your opponent Special Summons a Synchro Monster or an Xyz Monster from the Extra Deck: You can equip this card from your side of the field or your hand as an Equip Spell Card to that monster, the equipped monster cannot attack and cannot be used as a Material for a Synchro Summon or an Xyz Summon. While this card is equipped to an opponent's monster, neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase, also, this card becomes unaffected by your card effects. During your opponent's Standby Phase, if this card is equipped to an opponent's monster, destroy it, then you lose 1000 LP. You can only activate 1 "Summon Veiler" per duel.

Card B: ( 2 Vote )

Outer Entity Sathla

DARK / Rank 4

Fiend / Effect

ATK: 0 DEF: 2400

2 Level 4 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Outer Entity Sathla" once per turn. During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster on the field or 1 card in the Pendulum Zone; apply 1 of the following effects:

- Increase or reduce that target's Level by 1

- Increase or reduce that target's Pendulum Scale by 1.

Card C: ( 0 Votes )

Card A: This card is pretty gimmicky. It has a decent effect at first, but as the conditions tack on, it feels less and less useful. Its like a fiendish that blocks both players extra deck plays, skips your battle phase, and then next standby phase if they haven't disposed of it, it pops and you lose 1k. I guess card A can be used in Monarchs since it locks up the extra deck. It is a tuner, so I guess you could synch with it? As a handtrap, it just feels lackluster. Ghost Ogre and Effect Veiler can both do its job better.

Card B: This one iss interesting, as the sense that it stops XYZ summons and and Pendulums. The increasing of levels can be given to your monsters/pendulums too, giving it a nice niche in suddenly making something your opponent doesn't expect. Its XYZ summon effect seems kinda random, considering its entire niche is level changing to help your plays/hinder the enemies, but the summon effect just feels...kinda there. Still, this card is pretty easy to make, being a generic rank 5. While it lacks beefy defense, its effect can stun enemies from dropping bigger things than it. my only complaint is it doesn't really stop synchros, just makes them pull out a different one, though I suppose it is the difference between having your field sodomized by a boss monster or not.

Over all, card b gets my vote. It is easier to use, can set up plays on your end, does its job of hindering the summoning of Synchros/XYZs/pends, and is so much easier to use. Card A was ambitious, though ultimately had too many drawbacks for a temporary stun. 

Ok then the score is 0-1 to Card B unless any objections Yuuko?

EDIT: Actually after re-reading your review I have one thing to say:

- Why are you comparing the effect of one card to the effect of two cards? The reason why there are drawbacks is to balance it out for the card to not become broken.

Card A: This card is pretty gimmicky. It has a decent effect at first, but as the conditions tack on, it feels less and less useful. Its like a fiendish that blocks both players extra deck plays, skips your battle phase, and then next standby phase if they haven't disposed of it, it pops and you lose 1k. I guess card A can be used in Monarchs since it locks up the extra deck. It is a tuner, so I guess you could synch with it? As a handtrap, it just feels lackluster. Ghost Ogre and Effect Veiler can both do its job better.

Card B: This one iss interesting, as the sense that it stops XYZ summons and and Pendulums. The increasing of levels can be given to your monsters/pendulums too, giving it a nice niche in suddenly making something your opponent doesn't expect. Its XYZ summon effect seems kinda random, considering its entire niche is level changing to help your plays/hinder the enemies, but the summon effect just feels...kinda there. Still, this card is pretty easy to make, being a generic rank 5. While it lacks beefy defense, its effect can stun enemies from dropping bigger things than it. my only complaint is it doesn't really stop synchros, just makes them pull out a different one, though I suppose it is the difference between having your field sodomized by a boss monster or not.

Over all, card b gets my vote. It is easier to use, can set up plays on your end, does its job of hindering the summoning of Synchros/XYZs/pends, and is so much easier to use. Card A was ambitious, though ultimately had too many drawbacks for a temporary stun.

Ubbo-Sathla (The Unbegotten Source, The Demiurge) is described as a huge protoplasmic mass resting in a grotto deep beneath the frozen earth. The being is of a monstrous fecundity, spontaneously generating primordial single-celled organisms that pour unceasingly from its shapeless form. It guards a set of stone tablets believed to contain the knowledge of the Elder Gods.

(The above is from Mythos Wiki from Google)

To answer the question about the Xyz Summon effect, Sathla actually generates organisms and thingies. Another point to mention is that legends say that it spawned all prototypes of life on Earth. (Level changing and etc). Rank was not included because of Raidraptor bs and the control they have with R4's.

It doesn't exactly "Stop" synchros, but it can prevent your opponent from dropping an Omega, Crystal/Clear Wing, Quasars, or whatever other nasty boss monster as long as you time it right. Sathla's detach effect is not limited to OPT and has 2 uses, so if you play it smart, Synchros could be greatly hindered.

Thanks for voting! ^_^

No objections.

First off: In the starting post, the requirement is displayed as "Monster that disrupts Synchro,Xyz and Pendulum without outright negating them.", whereas the original suggestion was "Create a monster that disrupts Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum plays but does not outright negate or act as a floodgate with its effects.". I bring this up becaue Card A is quite literally a floodgate, as it hinders both players from performing a specific action, in this case Special Summoning from the Extra Deck. If removing the second specification of the requirement was intended by both of you, feel free to ignore this part.

Anyway, let's start with the vote:

Card A: Searchable by Tuner's High and more importantly RotA, it's easier to get than Veiler or Maxx "C", so it being a bit less powerful would just make sense. The thing is though, while it stops your opponent for a turn, (kind of), the issue with it is that it hinders you even more. If you don't rely on using the Extra Deck, this card can be fine to play, but if you do, it will prevent you from doing a whole lot in the turn after you play it, plus you can't even get rid of it except by removing the monster it was equipped to. Additionally, the fact that it could not negate the monsters effects categorically (due to the requirement) hinders its use even more - You can only use it after your opponent has already established a Synchro or Xyz monster, which mostly have strong effects they can still use. (even if they can't attack or go on with Extra Deck plays) Examples? Equip this to a Scrap Dragon means your opponent has a free card to use for its effect. Use this on Omega? Does basically nothing as it will just banish itself and your opponent can do whatever they want afterwards. It's too lackluster for what it does and hinders you more than your opponent in most cases, though it is a nice-ish concept.

Card B: Generic Rank 4 Xyz means very easy access for most Decks, primarily Pendulum Variants nowadays, What I like about it is the versatility it has - What I don't like is the fact that you can recycle stuff like Effect Veiler, Maxx "C" or Thunder King Rai-Oh with its first effect. Let's elaborate a bit more on that: It's versatile because you can use it during either players turn and not only against your opponent, thus, you might aswell use it for a potential Rank 5 play if you have 1 Level 4 and 1 Level 5, you can increase or decrease your own scale by 1 if you need to summon a monster whose Level isn't in range otherwise, and on rare occasions you can even protect your own Level 5 monster from an opponents Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, all of that while hindering their Xyz, Synchro and Pendulum plays by quite a bit. (Especially since most Archetypes' scales only go 1 higher than their highest Level - 8 for Metalphosis with Volflame Lv7, 7 for Igknights with Galland and Veteran being Lv6, Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon being 8 while the corresponding Dragon is Lv7, etc) 

As I already mentioned though, I don't approve how generic the first effect is. Not only can it be a huge annoyance to your opponent if they don't have that crucial Raigeki or sh similar, it can also recover a resource or a Hand Trap / Floodgate at the same time, which might push it over the edge at times. 

With that being said, I have no choice other than voting for Card B. 

Archived