Changing the Mod Team

Well I personally think black should be a CC mod because this site desperately needs someone with a bit of life and actual care for the site which he is displaying quite nicely right now so

Agreed @CC

If not black, someone need to be added to TCG too. I'd honestly say Kaiji or Hoppy for their knowledge of the game, but Chicken is new to this site, and hoppy has kinda left YGO same as Koko for the most part (correct me here if I'm wrong)

Black is basically the only active YGO player with a decent record to go off of. Which is why I thought he should be the TCG (the YGO half) even if he isn't the keenest

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed @CC

If not black, someone need to be added to TCG too. I'd honestly say Kaiji or Hoppy for their knowledge of the game, but Chicken is new to this site, and hoppy has kinda left YGO same as Koko for the most part (correct me here if I'm wrong)

Black is basically the only active YGO player with a decent record to go off of. Which is why I thought he should be the TCG (the YGO half) even if he isn't the keenest

Why do we need another mod there anyway, it isnt going to spring back into life due to a new mod, TCG discussion does it's own thing anyway and a mod only really supervises.

In contrast to CC where a mod heavily organizes and helps imo.

Why do we need another mod there anyway, it isnt going to spring back into life due to a new mod, TCG discussion does it's own thing anyway and a mod only really supervises.

In contrast to CC where a mod heavily organizes and helps imo.

KoKo in the recent time after her modship did a lot for TCG iirc

Mods can clean out the rotten sheet which is pushing people out of TCG, and nobody is more qualified for that than Black...someone innovative, objective, and strict when needed

But atleast CC agreed

KoKo in the recent time after her modship did a lot for TCG iirc

Mods can clean out the rotten s*** which is pushing people out of TCG, and nobody is more qualified for that than Black...someone innovative, objective, and strict when needed

But atleast CC agreed

Im gonna be honest, i have no clue what you are rambling about and i dont think you do either.

I'm lazy so I'll just bold my replies in here.

There is a fine difference between harsh => How Koko, Rai, and Nai deal with me

And randomly handing out punishments just to make me cross the 10 mark and spend another week banned. For the record. I'm not sure if you even looked at the other thread where I detailed exactly what Roxas tried to bushwack me for, but the fine line between harsh and bullshit was crossed.

I did in fact. It may have been out of line (Aix even admitted so), but it was meant as a warning. You've been banned from YCM once already, and that I'm sure was meant to be a reminder that your conduct isn't acceptable.

As for Roxas going all KGB and just banning me for a week w/o any WP. Jord and I had a spat, Koko put an end to it. I wasn't even talking to Jord when the ban struck, I was explaining my stance to Roxas. And that somehow merited a week ban. Why have rules if you're just gonna do what you want when no one is looking

That's not quite how the vast majority of people have described that event to me, but as I didn't observe it i'll just leave it at that.

Black explained pretty well his own position. I want him in TCG cause he knows the place well, it won't be an easy job, and he can refuse, but I do think he can bring a little light into a dying section

If black's gotten better like he says he has, then i'd back him. I don't see much evidence however.

Aix might be perfect in RP an all. But when there are Printscreen allegations of him threatening people w/ Half year bans, there are serious judgment Questions.

Again, I literally interact with him daily and I'm privy to a good deal of this information (as far as what I get told, anyway). Aix has a good head on his shoulders and dones more for the site then a lot of other staff members. It has nothing to do with RP.

Also his handling of both mine and enguin's case further highlights a judgment flaw.

See above

Members such as me huhn? It's funny when "trouble" amounts to me not cuddling people when they're wrong or me having views that don't line up with yours.

You don;t express your views in a way that's respectful or constructive. It has nothing to do with their content (Though i hear that's not too pleasant either)

Yes, they have been doing so behind the scenes, and they were liable to question before. Now they wanna codify and expand the "mod's digression" clause to stamp out any dissent

News flash, YCM is a dictatorship. If the staff thinks they need to do something, they'll do it, and we have to listen. That's why we put people with objectivity on staff.

Im gonna be honest, i have no clue what you are rambling about and i dont think you do either.

TCG has been overflown with sheet posts, Black will not hesitate to throw out bans and warning to people like me

Prune out the toxicity, and more it might become appealing. He's also had the added bonus of being knowledgeable about the game and site, so it's not like we're dropping a rando in power

Does that make sense?

TCG has been overflown with s*** posts, Black will not hesitate to throw out bans and warning to people like me

Prune out the toxicity, and more it might become appealing. He's also had the added bonus of being knowledgeable about the game and site, so it's not like we're dropping a rando in power

Does that make sense?

Instead of putting a new mod in place just put in an advanced clause then, that's cleared alot of shitposts out of CC imo

"News flash, YCM is a dictatorship. If the staff thinks they need to do something, they'll do it, and we have to listen. That's why we put people with objectivity on staff." -Zai

Well isn't this something. If this was the case, then the vote that lead to my resignation wouldn't have happened. YCM isn't the absolute Dictatorship you claim it to be as the mods still have to answer to us members. I know I did with the vote that lead to my resignation as evidence.

on topic:

We shouldn't just be thinking about adding another mod to TCG/CC. The staff as a whole needs an overhaul (and some leadership, all 3 super mods are MIA right now as far as i'm aware.) More active staff members with a clearer and more stringent policy is what's needed. we have half of one of those things at present.

"News flash, YCM is a dictatorship. If the staff thinks they need to do something, they'll do it, and we have to listen. That's why we put people with objectivity on staff." -Zai

Well isn't this something. If this was the case, then the vote that kef to my resignation wouldn't have happened. YCM isn't the absolute Dictatorship you claim it to be as the mods still have to answer to us members. I know I did with the vote that lead to my resignation as evidence.

I'm being slightly hyperbolic, obviously. The point was that yes, their judgment overrides that of normal members, right or wrong. Apologies for the confusion if you took me literally.

on topic:

We shouldn't just be thinking about adding another mod to TCG/CC. The staff as a whole needs an overhaul (and some leadership, all 3 super mods are MIA right now as far as i'm aware.) More active staff members with a clearer and more stringent policy is what's needed. we have half of one of those things at present.

I'm being slightly hyperbolic, obviously. The point was that yes, their judgment overrides that of normal members, right or wrong. Apologies for the confusion if you took me literally.

I hope this doesn't sound horribly blunt, but I personally feel that Mods who go inactive for quite a bit of time should be demodded and replaced, not because they did anything wrong, but because we need active members modding.

Fair enough then, though my case still brings a counterargument to it. My point is that the mods do answer to us members in cases such as this.

I'm lazy so I'll just bold my replies in here.

Oh, you wanna dig up the dinosaurs eh?

I was banned for calling Klav out on his sheet. Nai has repeatedly said the punishment was too harsh. Guess which one of us got banned regardless. If you have any manner of objective evidence that I was the one who deserved the ban in the Klav incident, please post it

Members get out of line, mods are supposed to be objecive. When mods get out line there's a problem. Ever wonder why people get so much more ticked off when police kill unarmed people rather than when civilians do the same? We invested trust in them, and they demonstrated a clear lack of it

You know what I don't see evidence of? You. Whens the last time you posted in TCG or CC? Cause I sure as hell don't see it poping up all that often. How are you fit to judge black then?

You're right there, it does have nothing to do with RP. Aix has in the last few months shown to have poor judgment in dealing with matters multiple times. He could have been an angel in the past and made RP great, but that doesn't forgive his judgments lapses recently.

Respectful? I'm not here to cuddle you buddy. If you've got your head up your ass, it's not productive for me tap you on the shoulder and point it out. Which is why I'm not and never should be a mod. I'm not objective enough. I'm not nice enough. It's a poor combination. Just like stuffing multiple "SJW" as Halu puts it, in the Mod Team is toxic in the other direction

WHICH IS WHY: We need two objective debate heavy people, Brightfire and Vla1ne to be the people who manage general. Well respected, know what they're doing. Have a pretty good track record. Etc. If you want people "like me" to vanish, the solution isn't to throw "SJWs" in our face it's to put mods who argue on logic and objectivity that no one can really fault for betraying trust

Sure, most of the mod team IS objective, which is why we're not asking for a rehaul as much as individual swaps. And tbh, if Roxas and Aix staying makes your day better, keep them. The additions to the team are currently more important than the removals

This would work, though people would eventually complain about the lack of traffic in TCG.

Traffic in users who barely have an inkling of interest in this site. This site needs more dedicated users, not cluttered traffic of guests and people who have no need of participating properly in the forum. They can stick to the card maker if they hate the Advanced Clause so much.

on topic:

Night has a life and detailed why he was busy this last month. Fusion is quite active. Sure @LZ

Just like stuffing multiple "SJW" as Halu puts it, in the Mod Team

I do wish to point out that SJW mods aren't the MAIN problem, but a piece of it. Most of the mods are unbiased to a degree, but some mods give SJW users to much power. Power that these users abuse greatly. Certain viewpoints are given heavy credence over others, and sometimes disagreement is left with punishment through reports from offended users. The problem with SJW's here is that their nonsensical, and abusive, reporting and complaining are given unnecessary amounts of credibility that they do not deserve.

I'd like to mention that any new mod should be willing to use Discord.

I disagree

There is no reason to add unnecessary things to this forum. Discord might be related to forum activities. However, it should stay separate from the actual forum. Discord should remain an "Unofficial" piece of the user fandom. I see no good coming from making the Discord official. Last thing we need is more of the YCM issues translating to the discord as well.

When YCM fixes its glaring issues, that discussion might be better suited, but right now not so much.

Lets try not to get too off topic here, shall we?

Oh, you wanna dig up the dinosaurs eh?

If they're relevant to the proceedings.

I was banned for calling Klav out on his s***. Nai has repeatedly said the punishment was too harsh. Guess which one of us got banned regardless. If you have any manner of objective evidence that I was the one who deserved the ban in the Klav incident, please post it

As far as I'm aware it was tyhe straw that broke the first camel's back, not the root cause. Klav is gone too, remember.

Members get out of line, mods are supposed to be objecive. When mods get out line there's a problem. Ever wonder why people get so much more ticked off when police kill unarmed people rather than when civilians do the same? We invested trust in them, and they demonstrated a clear lack of it

Except they aren;t out of line. The only real problem we have with staff is that they're absent and lax, not overzealous.

You know what I don't see evidence of? You. Whens the last time you posted in TCG or CC? Cause I sure as hell don't see it poping up all that often. How are you fit to judge black then?

Likely a few months ago. And i've been active on YCM for the better part of 7 years. I know how things are supposed to be run around here and I'm allowed to express my opinions if I feel so inclined. Plus like I said before if Black's improved (and I'm certainly not in a position to say weather he has or not) then he'd be my first choice to mod CC.

You're right there, it does have nothing to do with RP. Aix has in the last few months shown to have poor judgment in dealing with matters multiple times. He could have been an angel in the past and made RP great, but that doesn't forgive his judgments lapses recently.

Aside from the cumulative warns, I see no evidence of lapses in judgement. All i really see is a negative opinion of one of our most active staff members.

Respectful? I'm not here to cuddle you buddy. If you've got your head up your ass, it's not productive for me tap you on the shoulder and point it out. Which is why I'm not and never should be a mod. I'm not objective enough. I'm not nice enough. It's a poor combination. Just like stuffing multiple "SJW" as Halu puts it, in the Mod Team is toxic in the other direction

It has nothing to do with weather or not I or anyone else is offended. You're a grown adult and should know how to behave like one. YCM is toxic because people are allowed to be toxic and people choose to be toxic. The only way that's going to change is if that kind fo behavior begins to get punished consistently.

WHICH IS WHY: We need two objective debate heavy people, Brightfire and Vla1ne to be the people who manage general. Well respected, know what they're doing. Have a pretty good track record. Etc. If you want people "like me" to vanish, the solution isn't to throw "SJWs" in our face it's to put mods who argue on logic and objectivity that no one can really fault for betraying trust

I've already said that I more or less agree with these nominations. 'nuff on that.

Sure, most of the mod team IS objective, which is why we're not asking for a rehaul as much as individual swaps. And tbh, if Roxas and Aix staying makes your day better, keep them. The additions to the team are currently more important than the removals

Traffic in users who barely have an inkling of interest in this site. This site needs more dedicated users, not cluttered traffic of guests and people who have no need of participating properly in the forum. They can stick to the card maker if they hate the Advanced Clause so much.

I think you misunderstood my point. TCG is a casual section where the bulk of threads are for one-off cards from the latest episode/manga issue. People just want to say "it sucks" and move on. What're they going to post if an advanced clause tells them to fit a word limit?

I'm not against quality control. In fact, mods should be strictly cracking down on shitposts considering we have an entire section for people to shitpost in.

I disagree

There is no reason to add unnecessary things to this forum. Discord might be related to forum activities. However, it should stay separate from the actual forum. Discord should remain an "Unofficial" piece of the user fandom. I see no good coming from making the Discord official. Last thing we need is more of the YCM issues translating to the discord as well.

When YCM fixes its glaring issues, that discussion might be better suited, but right now not so much.

No, Discord is an important communication tool for mods. We mods have our own Discord which we are starting to use for faster discussion.

I was banned in November? Got unbanned May of next year. Left for 3 months after July. Klav got banned cause he picked a fight with other over and over (also ended up happening during the time I was gone). So who needed who to create a mess luv?

I was more abrasive than I needed to be, and I paid for that w/ more than 7 months off this site. If that's really the issue that you wanna debate, shall I screen Nai saying it we overkill on his part? There was no straw that broke the camel's back lol. Klav was a open match that ignited three times a week.

Not going to entirely disagree with you there. There are inactive staff, but it's hardly fair to say their lax. Koko is a TCG mod yes? Yet when I stepped out of line in General she fairly punished me on the matter. It might not be overzealous in Aix's case (I'll post screens of our current PM convo if he wishes) it was more ignorance in the matter of Snatch, And in mine and enguin's matter he decided to do the dirty work of other mods. Too many times have good men, "just been following orders"

1) Blatant Ignorance of Snatch's situation

2) Being the middle man in a dispute between me and mod, and getting his hand dirty by being the executioner

3) Taking it on his hands and cocking it all up trying to undo a choice Evilfusion made

and those are only the ones in the last 3 months

Honestly, general's toxicity has dropped a fair bit since the major far left triggered individual got run out of the place. It's gotten better since it got more contained (debate section). YCM is toxic at times because intolerance is a two way street that is mistake as a 1 way. 

Being brash isn't always a bad thing. Black has been throwing me against the wall to point out my drastic drop of quality in TCG. Black nailed Nyx to the wall for his...intriguing...posting style in TCG. You need someone to be able to call sheet sheet. But sure, lets say I'm getting far out of line, that goes down to the next point which we agreed upon (?) of putting those two balanced people in charge to keep people like me in check.

If you're going to tell me that I was punished for repetitive abuse, are we setting the standard for abuse as re-quoting and telling someone to read.

I'm not opposed to the idea of getting hammered when it's merited, I'm opposed to giving power to those who have shown a lack of a clear head when needed

Archived