INOV- Superheavy Samurai Ninja Sarutobi

5d719cf4.jpg?resize=176%2C300&ssl=1

Choujuu Ninja Saruto-B / Superheavy Ninja Sarutobi (For TCG: Superheavy Samurai Ninja Sarutobi)
Level 8 EARTH Machine-Type Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 2800
1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner “Superheavy Samurai” monsters
(This card is always treated as a “Superheavy Samurai” card.)
(1) This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation.
(2) Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

I think they buffed it, but I keep ending up accidentally ending up with trumpteter and shutendoji and being locked out of making anything else, so it's nice for that, I guess?

Why Level 8? It's one of the least desirable Levels for a SHS Syncho Monster (unless a new monster [tuner or not] makes its appearance).

1) Soulfire Suit and Drum becoming even more useful?

2)General Jade becoming mainstream?

I keep ending up accidentally ending up with trumpteter and shutendoji and being locked out of making anything else, so it's nice for that, I guess?

If you've Summoned Shutendoji, why would you bother to Summon Sarutobi? Only unless Shuten's eff is negated, I suppose.

No buff, it's exactly the same. I really am disappointed in this card, but I think I get it.

You're supposed to ladder this off Shutendoji. He destroys all the backrow, you then synch for a stronger monster, and one that burns for 500 when your opponent tries to re-establish their backrow. If you send a good one to the graveyard, get another Level 2 tuner and get Susuanowo to steal. Of a stronger monster appears, use the level 1 to get Kyuubi.

I suppose I get it, but I'm still disappointed in this. I rather get the level 5 synchro.

I mean unle you're going to use one of their Level 2 Tuners on Shutendoji, or Big Waraji leveled up via General Jade....eh.....

I don't know. 8 is a very awkward Synchro Level for Superheavy Samurais given the three Tuners they have are two Level 2s, and one Level 1. They could use another Tuner or two. 

EDIT- So they have a Level 10, a Level 9, a Level 8, a Level 6, and a Level 5 for Synchros.

No buff, it's exactly the same. I really am disappointed in this card, but I think I get it.

You're supposed to ladder this off Shutendoji. He destroys all the backrow, you then synch for a stronger monster, and one that burns for 500 when your opponent tries to re-establish their backrow. If you send a good one to the graveyard, get another Level 2 tuner and get Susuanowo to steal. Of a stronger monster appears, use the level 1 to get Kyuubi.

I suppose I get it, but I'm still disappointed in this. I rather get the level 5 synchro.

No, it was indeed buffed. The anime version was an Ignition effect, this is a Quick Effect. Meaning you can do it on your opponent's turn.

Too bad Battleball (or how it is called) targets, otherwise this would be an amazing addition, considering it would be a great kirin out ... what else ... a decent level 8, another level for battleball and currently awkward to summon ... I will care once they have a decent way to access it.

Too bad Battleball (or how it is called) targets, otherwise this would be an amazing addition, considering it would be a great kirin out ... what else ... a decent level 8, another level for battleball and currently awkward to summon ... I will care once they have a decent way to access it.

Battleball wouldn't be able to summon this vs Kirin anyway, would it? Doesn't Battleball need to send both to the grave to summon?

The L5 is useful too. If you open with Gigagloves/Flutist and Trumpeter and nothing else that good, go for it and have Trump or maybe something else back (for example, Soulpiercer if u used it to search). At mid-games, SS it if you need Soulfire/Trumpeter/Gauntlet etc.

The L5 is useful too. If you open with Gigagloves/Flutist and Trumpeter and nothing else that good, go for it and have Trump or maybe something else back (for example, Soulpiercer if u used it to search). At mid-games, SS it if you need Soulfire/Trumpeter/Gauntlet etc.

The Level 5 is the one I meant. Susano, Shutendoji, and Musashi are good. Kyube is crap. This is eeeehhhh.

And I'm refering to the relationship between the Samurai and the Ninja.

Long story short, samurai were representative of the oppression of the feudal system in Japan, and ninjas were essentially stealth rebels that often took out samurai to accomplish their goals. As such, a "samurai ninja" is inherently ridiculous.

The card has pretty decent stats, with 2800 DEF.....

And the card concept is quite unique, considering it is a mix between A Samurai and A Ninja...

But I think the main problem with this card is being a Level 8 synchro, meaning you need to synch it up with a tribute-summoned monster (e.g. Level 3 + 5, 2 + 6,etc.)

And its second effect is nice, but requires a bit of effort to set up, considering your graveyard must be emptied from Spell/Trap cards...

Graveyard removal helps

Archived