[INOV] Crystron S/T

t160630pk.jpg?resize=120%2C175&ssl=1

Krystal Potential
Field Spell Card
(1) All “Crystron” monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.
(2) Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can draw 1 card for each “Crystron” Synchro Monster you Synchro Summoned during this turn.

t160630pl.jpg?resize=120%2C175&ssl=1

Crystron Entry
Normal Trap Card
You can only use the (2) effect of “Crystron Entry” once per turn.
(1) Special Summon 2 “Crystron” Tuner monsters (1 from your hand and 1 from your Graveyard).
(2) During either player’s turn, except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 “Crystron” monster you control; send 1 “Crystron” monster with a different Level than that monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, the Level of the target monster becomes the same as the Level of the monster in the Graveyard.

t160630pm.jpg?resize=120%2C175&ssl=1

Crystron Impact
Normal Trap Card
(1) Target 1 of your banished “Cryston” monsters; Special Summon it, and if you do, the DEF of all face-up monsters the opponent controls becomes 0.
(2) During either player’s turn, except the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard, when a card or effect is activate that targets a “Crystron” monster(s) you control: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate that activation.

https://ygorganization.com/inov-crystron-spell-traps/

Here's some of their backrow stuff (at least whatever Smoger can grab anyway).

the field spell is... nice. Too bad the deck has a super tough time doing more than one synch in a turn.

As for the traps, these are a fairly big disappointment. They're slow inherently as traps, but also require some degree of setup to actually do anything. Oh neat, the deck has no viable in-theme targets to the destroy-summon effects.

Honestly, this arch started promising, but has so very quickly plummeted down the drain. They didn't need slow traps that require setup; they needed their summon effects enabled and the ability to better output monsters onto the field as a synchro arch. If they can't do their job as a synchro engine properly, then wtf are they even doing?

(At this time, I've not yet tested the Deck due to difficulties with YGOPro.)

Potential is nice and rewards you for Synchros, but it's really limited to the 3 they have now.

Entry lets you SS Quon/Citri and gives temporarily access to non-Crystron Synchros, I guess. But yeah, you need to actually have a Tuner in Graveyard (unless you use Burial from Different Dimension to put them in there or something).

Impact has a protection effect, I guess, but yeah it's slow (I might've liked it if they could get the protection that turn). I guess you use it to retrieve the Tuners or something, then Synchro into something. DEF drop doesn't really do much from what I'm seeing.

----

I haven't checked the list Black made; maybe they'll get more support cards to help them set up, but doubting it. (I was looking forward to playing these as well)

The fact that none of these are Continuous (Except the field but that, you know, wants to stay there) really bugs me since you can't use them as targets for the non-tuner effects.

Entry is okay. Obviously intended to be used on the opponent's turn to go into the 2 synchros and the boss immediately, but that's a pretty hefty resource sink assuming you go into 1 of the hand tuners and 1 of the grave tuners.

Impact is actually pretty good, but it's so damn sloooow. If it were a normal spell, it would've been a very cute play extender, but as it is...meh.

Why does the second word of the Field Spell's name start with a P? Shouldn't it start with an S?

They also aren't Pendulum Monsters and they have the same Type as Dinomists, so it's not weird that they're not following other apparent patterns.

Rather than super-Rejuv (which has fairly laughable conditions) I think the card is more a slow librarian. Which brings me why I'm not sure it's great. We've reached a point in the game where EP advantage alone won't suffice. Drawing into veilers and Maxx just isn't good enough. Unless I'm gravely mistaken I don't see this card being more than a draw three...in which case it's going to suffer the same fate Rejuv has in OCG (one that librarian hasn't). Advantage that came too late

Why does the second word of the Field Spell's name start with a P? Shouldn't it start with an S?

why would it be S?

Ignition Phoenix

Majestic Pegasus

Dynamic Powerload

Amorphous Persona

Metamor Formation(???)

Krystal Potential

The weird one is the Metalfoe field, not this.

They're halfway spelling metamorphose and the formation would have a similar sound to p too.

It doesnt break the pattern technically

It does.

Master/Luster/Lector/Vector are all (Moonrunes) P in japan, P read as pendulum.

this carried over to the fields. Except, Metamor Formation is (Moonrunes) F.

IDK why they did that.

why would it be S?

Ignition Phoenix

Majestic Pegasus

Dynamic Powerload

Amorphous Persona

Metamor Formation(???)

Krystal Potential

The weird one is the Metalfoe field, not this.

The Metalfoes one made people think the next round of Draco-related Archetypes would have their Field Spell Names patterned after their Summon Method, since F is the first letter of Fusion.

Anyway, Krystal Potential's name and art suggests to me Crystrons may get Pendulums in the Next Set.

They're halfway spelling metamorphose and the formation would have a similar sound to p too.

It doesnt break the pattern technically

That's like saying Amorphactor Psycho (Pain) is an S because it sounds that way. (Although I don't get where you're getting the P sound?)

It does.

Master/Luster/Lector/Vector are all (Moonrunes) P in japan, P read as pendulum.

this carried over to the fields. Except, Metamor Formation is (Moonrunes) F.

IDK why they did that.

The Metalfoe field only increases the stats of your own monsters, whereas the other fields that come before it increases the stats of all monsters on the field. The Crystron field does the same and is part of the new "generation" of Dracostory archetypes, except, well, it's not a Pendulum archetype, so. So I'm assuming if we get another Dracostory Pendulum archetype, its field would have a non-P. Obviously though, we don't exactly have much to go on to draw any actual conclusions.

I mean, the thing to look at is this:

Metalphosis mirror Igknight, but their stuff breaks the trend, namely the field.

These mirror Dinomist (type/attribute), but their stuff follows the trend, aside form being not Pendulums.

I would not expect PEndulums for these, or the Xyz one. Maybe for the Ritual one, but even then, idk.

Metalphosis mirror Igknight, but their stuff breaks the trend, namely the field.

These mirror Dinomist (type/attribute), but their stuff follows the trend, aside form being not Pendulums.

I would not expect PEndulums for these, or the Xyz one. Maybe for the Ritual one, but even then, idk.

I'm just repeating what people said.

And it's not like giving a pair of Pendulums to an archetype that doesn't otherwise have them is a rogue move for Konami.

I'm not expecting Pendulums for the Xyz archetype either. Ritual seems likely though, because it would certainly be strange for only the Fusion archetype to get Pendulums. At the very least, both Fusions and Rituals use Spells to SS themselves.

Speaking of which, I just realised that we're possibly anticipating an actual Ritual-Pendulum archetype! How exciting. :o

Should I make a Crystron Deck, how many copies of each of these should I have in my Deck (if any)?

Personally, I still don't think Crystrons work as a pure deck, if that's what you're after.  Based off the spells/traps and the on/off testing of the monsters before, I'd say:

3/2 Citri/Quon (or max 'em out if you're using the first trap)

2-3 of the Special Summon from Hand

3 of the Monster searcher

1-2 of the S/T searcher (dependent on how much of the Spells/Traps you're using, more than 3 and you may wanna have 2)

2 of the Token maker

Field is not that great, honestly, but it is easy to see what they were going for.  Considering you're supposed to be Synching during the opponent's turn, you should have the draw(s) for your turn.  Even so, only if more Crystron Synchros get released would I say run it.

First trap is conditional, but could open up huge power plays if it works right.  Getting a tuner in the grave doesn't seem like a problem.  The bigger problem seems to be having one in the hand considering there's one in-archetype searcher for it and no in-archetype means of making GGX.  In any case, I'd say run 1 of these at most.

Second trap seems good, just slow.  If it sticks around, it can really push your plays forward.  Also, the defense drop is permanent so if you summon Ametrix, you'd be able to run over all your opponent's SS'd monsters.  In either case, I'd probably say run 2-3 as there is little downside to 'em aside from being slow.

(...Thoroughly wishes these traps could ditch themselves from the grave immediately so they could be used for my Superheavy Crystron build...)

Should I make a Crystron Deck, how many copies of each of these should I have in my Deck (if any)?

Personally, I still don't think Crystrons work as a pure deck.  Based off these and on/off testing before, I'd say:

1-2 of the S/T searcher (dependent on how much of the Spells/Traps you're using, more than 3 and you may wanna have 2)

2 of the Token maker

Field is not that great, honestly, but it is easy to see what they were going for.  Considering you're supposed to be Synching during the opponent's turn, you should have the draw(s) for your turn.  Even so, only if more Crystron Synchros get released would I say run it.

First trap is conditional, but could open up huge power plays if it works right.  Getting a tuner in the grave doesn't seem like a problem.  The bigger problem seems to be having one in the hand considering there's one in-archetype searcher for it and no in-archetype means of making GGX.  In any case, I'd say run 1 of these at most.

Second trap seems good, just slow.  If it sticks around, it can really push your plays forward.  Also, the defense drop is permanent

@Black

Well all of those guys don't have a non-Pendulum boss monster that isn't a Draco card.

EXCEPT Metalphosis, which have Fusions. Maybe that's why it's F instead of P?

But by that logic, this card should be S for synchro, and it's not. So idek.

On the subject of these things though, I think they're fine. Don't forget that this archetype is supposed to be super duper control; don't let your opponent have fun the deck. By that logic traps are the most fitting to complement that playstyle.

Entry enables a one turn Phoenixeon from literally nowhere

Impact makes certain you can beat over whatever Ametrix caught, and also protect you stuff.

Potential helps recover the massive amount of hand advantage consumed when making said Phoenixeon out of nowhere using Entry, cuz you get to draw 3.

Yeah they aren't good per say, but this is a deck all about setup and control; not lightning fast synchro summons. Plus the S/T lineup is easy enough to search, and is easily recyclable with Omega (if you can actually make the thing by not triggering a machine restriction somehow) and Avidity. I think they need more extra deck stuff that covers many more situations, and at that point they can control much harder in order to get around the inherent slowness of these traps.

Personally, I still don't think Crystrons work as a pure deck, if that's what you're after.

Well, then nevermind. Guess this idea was dead on arrival. But thanks anyways.

Based off the spells/traps and the on/off testing of the monsters before, I'd say:

2 of the Token maker

Field is not that great, honestly, but it is easy to see what they were going for. Considering you're supposed to be Synching during the opponent's turn, you should have the draw(s) for your turn. Even so, only if more Crystron Synchros get released would I say run it.

First trap is conditional, but could open up huge power plays if it works right. Getting a tuner in the grave doesn't seem like a problem. The bigger problem seems to be having one in the hand considering there's one in-archetype searcher for it and no in-archetype means of making GGX. In any case, I'd say run 1 of these at most.

Second trap seems good, just slow. If it sticks around, it can really push your plays forward. Also, the defense drop is permanent so if you summon Ametrix, you'd be able to run over all your opponent's SS'd monsters. In either case, I'd probably say run 2-3 as there is little downside to 'em aside from being slow.

(...Thoroughly wishes these traps could ditch themselves from the grave immediately so they could be used for my Superheavy Crystron build...)

Personally, I still don't think Crystrons work as a pure deck. Based off these and on/off testing before, I'd say:

2 of the Token maker

Field is not that great, honestly, but it is easy to see what they were going for. Considering you're supposed to be Synching during the opponent's turn, you should have the draw(s) for your turn. Even so, only if more Crystron Synchros get released would I say run it.

First trap is conditional, but could open up huge power plays if it works right. Getting a tuner in the grave doesn't seem like a problem. The bigger problem seems to be having one in the hand considering there's one in-archetype searcher for it and no in-archetype means of making GGX. In any case, I'd say run 1 of these at most.

Second trap seems good, just slow. If it sticks around, it can really push your plays forward. Also, the defense drop is permanent

So at best only one of each?

Wow this archetype is bad.

Digital bugs have a new friend at the bottom.

Can you really not tell power levels apart?

This at least functions, unlike Digital Bugs. And this isn't even everything.

And unlike bugs, this isn't even meant to work as a single set, as anyone can tell. Seems mroe enginey.

Archived