[Leaderboard] Dragon Sage vs EndUser

Northern Sage

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is July 2, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

-The contest ends on July 5, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

Requirement:

Make a Level 4 or lower monster that Special Summons from the deck upon destruction.

Card A:

q4r7NHp.png

If this card is destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Pyro-type monster from your hand or deck, then inflict damage equal to the Level of the monster x300 to your opponent. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; This turn, Continuous Spell/Trap Cards you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can only activate each effect of "Planck Egg" once per turn.

Card B:

Hieratic Statue

EARTH / Rock-Type / Level 4 / ATK 1200 / DEF 1400 / Effect

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can draw 1 card, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck. If this card is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck with ATK less than or equal to half the original ATK or DEF of the opponent's battling monster. You can only activate each effect of "Hieratic Statue" once per turn.

Voting card A.

Card A is extremely versatile with a lot of small effects working together to help it suit it's niche in a Pyro-Burn deck, the first effect has a burn which helps the deck deal burn faster, as well as a protection effect that means you can safely burn them on your own turn. 

Card B has extremely odd stats that give it no niche, an extremely generic first effect which again gives it no niche, and a third effect that is again generic, but unreliable and it has to be destroyed by battle. Whilst it can special summon itself to get the first effect again, it needs to be destroyed by battle and is then still unreliable since it has an odd requirement. 

Card A has a clear purpose and does it well, whereas Card B is just odd and hard to use. 

Hurr durr time to steal Black's marking scheme but still utilize it correctly because I'm incredibly original.

Card 1

• Utility/Balance - Card seems honestly pretty fine overall, being able to float and burn after the opponent trips it is pretty reasonable. The last effect does bug me a little bit since it's not exactly a quick-effect so it will rarely ever actually protect your S/T since they'll just snipe it when you can't use it. Not exactly a good card, but not really a bad card either. 30/45
  • Creativity/Flavor - Planck makes sense in the context that it's not manmade and can only be found in nature, but how that in particular relates to the idea of an egg that is constantly on fire doesn't really click to me. That being said though, the first effect does make sense given the card but not so much the second one. Kind of feels a little bit thrown on admittedly. Also not especially a creative card, doesn't really do anything that isn't already done by UFO Turtle except by powercreeping the hell out of it. 30/45
  • Grammar - It has reasonable grammar to the point where you can tell what the card does, but it's got a few spots here and there where it could use improvement in the ordering. Mainly a nitpick though. 7/10
  • Overall - 67/100
Card 2
  • Utility/Balance - Card is horrendously underpowered. A Normal Summon that doesn't even really draw you a card is incredibly weak when you consider that you have to play a 1200 body for it, while the Special Summon effect just isn't worth it because it means that you have to play a 1200/1400 Level 4 that otherwise doesn't really do anything. The main thing that really gets me about this card is that the last effect is just... what? It will never be killed by battle and, even if it IS killed by battle, you're not actually going to be able to get something with over 800 ATK a lot of the time I'd imagine since they'll just send their weakest monster into it and cause the float to be absolute garbage for you. Just really not well-thought out at all. 0/45
  • Flavour/Creativity - Well, for some reason you decided to make it a part of the Hieratic archetype despite it having absolutely nothing to do with the archetype at all. This is already a major flavour fail. As well as this, the effects don't seem to really correlate with what the card wants to do? Like why does a statue draw you a card or float into something else since it's... you know, a statue. 0/45
  • Grammar - Pretty much perfect from what I can tell, so I guess I can give you some points. 10/10
  • Overall - 10/100
Card 1 GMV.

Well, I think it's blatantly obvious which card is better, and who made what thanks to the large card made in TcGEditor with no resizing. -.-

Card A: Since everyone already discussed on it, my only gripe is that the card is just a much better version of cards like Masked Dragon, Shining Angel, etc. Aside from being able to continue Summoning itself from the Deck to burn your opponent (So 3600 damage is the max that can be inflicted), it's also able to do a little extra by giving Continuous S/T some protection by banishing itself. It's certainly a powerful wall that can be continuously recycled by Royal Firestorm Guards, and it would definitely be a welcome addition to anti-meta Volcanic Decks.

Card B: There's really not much good things to say aside from this card being a step or two above Petit Moth imo. It's slow, and it leaves a low ATK monster vulnerable to be hit by a lot of damage if you were to NS it. Float effect is interesting imo, because you can pull something random like Yubel out of nowhere if the conditions are correct. However, from a general perspective, it's just too ineffective and slow in today's game to receive my vote. Might've been a decent card during the age of when Malevolent Nuzzler was still being used, but right now, it's more or less feels like one the crap pack fillers (E.g. Smile World) that go for less than a nickel in card shops. =/

So yeah, obviously A wins in this case hands down. >.>

Archived