[Leaderboard] EndUser vs. Yuuko (Voting)

EndUser

Rules:

-All Leaderboard Rules apply.
-First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
-All voters must elaborate on their votes.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is July 6, 20:30 P.M., GMT+2 (i.e. 72 hours from now).

-The contest ends on July 10, 01:00 A.M., GMT+2.

Requirements:

Make a support card mostly or entirely dedicated to the "Phantom Knights" archetype.

CARDS ARE UP!

The cards are as follows:

[spoiler=Card A]
The Phantom Knights of Shattered Axe
Rank 4/DARK/Warrior-Type/2400 ATK/1300 DEF/Effect

2 Level 4 monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; negate its effects. If there is a "Phantom Knights" card(s) in your Graveyard, you can send the targeted card to the Graveyard instead. If this card battles: You can increase its ATK and DEF by 300 during the Damage Step only. When this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Return up to 2 of your banished "Phantom Knights" card(s) to your Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "The Phantom Knights of Shattered Axe" once per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]

The Phantom Knights of Rusty Steed

Continuous Spell

You can discard 1 card; add 1 "Phantom Knights" card of the same type of card discarded (Spell, Trap, or Monster) from your Deck to your hand, but with a different name than the discarded card. You can only use this effect of "The Phantom Knights of Rusty Steed" once per turn. You can discard 1 "The Phantom Knights" monster to Special Summon this card (from your hand) as a Normal Monster with the same Type, Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF of the discarded monster. (This card is NOT treated as a Spell Card.) You can only Special Summon "The Phantom Knights of Rusty Steed" once per turn this way. You can only control 1 "The Phantom Knights of Rusty Steed". 

I'm finally voting after a couple of broken promises. Here you go Yuuko.

For a PK deck, Card A has to rely on Fragile Armor to be summoned or from Break Sword's float effect. BA PK doesn't have room for this card tho but in terms of genericness, its first effect is pretty useful. Fully negating it until it leaves the field is great, stops certain monsters from doing things. I would like it more if this effect is Speed 2 but its good enough as is. Its effect when you have PKs is nice since it bypasses protection from destruction but it still triggers certain card effects. Mediocre stat boost but a very useful float to recycle PKs which is nice to have.

Card B is a searcher and is also a semi-Spell monster. I really like how synergistic this is to PK or even BA, thanks to its ability to become a semi-Spell monster, grants a fast R3 play and dumps PK/BA to the grave, I somehow like its on-field effect allows more searching and dumping so even more PK/BA in the Grave which is very okay but I see more usefulness on its ability to be semi-Spell monster.

B gets my vote cause playwise is more useful. Card A is good but it relies on setup to get it rolling.

Card A is okay. An option you can go into during the mid to late game, but even without getting the full value from its float effect, it serves as a replacement for Castel as further spot removal under the restriction of Break Sword's float effect, though it is hardly as potent, and, well, Break Sword itself is removal anyway. It tries to address a minor flaw of PK and does that decently, on top of a decent float effect (all things considered), though one that you can't effectively proc yourself. Although it has no business having effectively 2700 ATK as a generic Rank 4. I mean it already has a 2400 base, why the random af effect imo.

Card B serves as a discard outlet for your PK cards, but it's the best one because it is super live and searches other archetypal cards at the same time. So its first effect is definitely solid. Its second effect though is meh; there are better ways to extend your Xyz plays, plus it has to be Special Summoned from the hand and can't be used if you already have a copy in your Spell & Trap Zone. These two effects of the same card not only don't work together, but clash. Also not the best opened in multiples (the whole "only 1" thing doesn't help), but eh.

Card B. Its second effect may be "just there," but its first effect does a lot more for PK than Card A does. Getting PK cards straight into the Graveyard while at the same time searching for pretty much any other PK card is just great, both as an enabler and a boost to consistency.

Archived