[Leaderboard] Gadjiltron vs Tori (Victory Gadj)

Trebuchet MS

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
  • Sudden death is applied if no votes are made by the contest deadline.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me. Preferably written.
  • To enforce anonymity and consistency, cards will become written when posted up. The contestant can further elaborate how their card is supposed to work for more consistent PSCT.
  • In case of downtime or emergencies, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

• Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries after the challenge has been accepted.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.
  • The contest ends a week after both contestants' cards are posted up. (14 Jul 2016, 1:35 AM +8GMT)

Requirement:

Create a Perfomapal S/T.

Card A

Performapal Parade

[Continuous Spell]

When this card is activated: You can add 1 face-up "Performapal" or "Odd-Eyes" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to your hand. "Performapal" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, when a "Performapal" monster you control battles: You can switch its current ATK and DEF until the end of the Damage Step. You can only control 1 face-up "Performapal Parade".

Card B

Performapal Drum Roll

[Quick-Play Spell]

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, if the target was a Spell Card; you can add 1 "Performapal" card from your Deck to your hand. When this card resolves, shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Card A:

Ok this card is pretty great for support, it lets you search any "Performapal" or "Odd-Eyes" Pendulum Monster, it also gives Performapals a 500 ATK and DEF boost which can work pretty well for running over high ATK monsters considering that most Performapals have low ATK and it can also work with Salutiger because it needs to destroy monsters to activate its effect, switching the ATK and DEF of a Peformapal monster during the Damage Step is also nice with cards like Monkeyboard and Partnaga because they have low ATK but have high DEF so it helps them.

Card B:

First I just wanna say this card is kind of semi-broken as it lets you add any Performapal card after it destroyes a Spell Card so it can search itself but the problems lies within its shuffling effect becuase it keeps adding other copies of it and then shuffles itself back into the Deck so it can be very problematic if your opponent has alot of Spell Cards on his side of the field.

Verdict:

Card A wins here because it helps support Performapal and Odd-Eyes Pendulums more and fits the Archetype more than B, meanwhile B is more generic and can be added into any Deck but its a little broken so Card A will get my vote here.

Can you elaborate a bit more on A, Terrie? Reasoning for B is fine though, since it is true. 

----

Anyway, card B, as already mentioned, is a repeatable MST that happens to search another Performapal card if it pops a Spell Card (which is probably going to be a Pendulum Scale or something). So basically, play this card and blow up Scale, then draw another copy and search again. If it didn't search another copy of itself, then maybe it'd be fine, but otherwise it's asking for trouble. 

A lets you recycle Pendulums if you don't have the Scales to return them (i.e. Guiturtle or whatever Level 1s that current Pals use nowadays), or yeah trigger Joker plays again (because he's strictly NS). I'm not overly familiar with their current playstyle (factoring in the newer support cards), but combined with Sorcerer and maybe Silver Claw (is she still being run now?), this gives them a little push to run over more things [although I think they can already do that as they are now]. The ATK/DEF switch is a bit iffy though; reading through the list, I guess you can use this on something like a P-Summoned Monkeyboard / Partnaga or something else to actually give them a more offensive edge, but that's about it; taking into account the ones that are actually usable.

So yeah, A gets this one for not being a repeatable MST for PPals, and giving them some help with searching power + a push if you don't happen to carry Silver on you at the time. 

Archived