Foretold Fusion

dustdevil9

I apologize for my OCG.

I wanted to see if Future Fusion could have a viable cousin.

Foretold Fusion

Continuous Spell

Reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra-Deck: then banish Fusion Material monsters from your deck; during your next Standby Phase, you can pay 1000 LP x the number of Fusion Material monsters banished by this card to Special Summon the revealed monster ignoring the summoning conditions. That monster cannot attack your opponent directly.

Here's the OCG fix for the meantime until I review it.

Reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck; then banish its Fusion Materials from your Deck. During your Standby Phase: You can pay LP equal to the number of Fusion Materials banished by this card's effect x800; then Fusion Summon the revealed Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck.

Here's the OCG fix for the meantime until I review it.

Reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck; then banish its Fusion Materials from your Deck. During your Standby Phase: You can pay LP equal to the number of Fusion Materials banished by this card's effect x800; then Fusion Summon the revealed Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck.

If you're going to just post the OCG fix, then don't do it until you post the review proper. A reminder that solely OCG fixes break the Advanced Clause.

In any case, this is still a faster Future Fusion with an LP cost that doesn't kill the monster it summons. To be honest, not really comfortable with it, given certain monsters that can certainly abuse this. Maybe increase the LP cost to 1000 x per monster; rest is probably fine. I guess you also have Burial from a Different Dimension / Pot of Avidity to return the banished mats or something of the sorts. For the purposes of Casual, older HEROs can combo it with Parallel World or something.

If you're going to just post the OCG fix, then don't do it until you post the review proper. A reminder that solely OCG fixes break the Advanced Clause.

In any case, this is still a faster Future Fusion with an LP cost that doesn't kill the monster it summons. To be honest, not really comfortable with it, given certain monsters that can certainly abuse this. Maybe increase the LP cost to 1000 x per monster; rest is probably fine. I guess you also have Burial from a Different Dimension / Pot of Avidity to return the banished mats or something of the sorts. For the purposes of Casual, older HEROs can combo it with Parallel World or something.

I agree that 1000 is probably better, this card is meant for Fusion monsters that specifically mention their Fusion Materials. And it will let you keep summoning them every Standby Phase if the materials remain banished. I know they're are monsters that can abuse this but it's kinda meant to get Fusions that would otherwise be impossible to play in the meta world out on the board.

Here's my review of the card.

It Fusion Summons a Fusion Monster by banishing its Fusion Materials from your Deck and then you pay 800 LP x the number of Fusion Materials banished by this card during your Standby Phase to Fusion Summon it.

Crimson Nova Trinity would abuse this card, I mean for the mere cost of paying 2200 LP you get a 4500 beatstick that can't be destroyed or targeted by card effects, halves the opponent's LP when it attacks and can attack twice, pretty damn OP.

Here are some suggestions to balance this card:

-Increase the cost to 1000 instead of 800

-Limit the card to Special Summoning instead of Fusion Summoning so cards like Crimson Nova Trinity won't abuse this card.

Here's my review of the card.

It Fusion Summons a Fusion Monster by banishing its Fusion Materials from your Deck and then you pay 800 LP x the number of Fusion Materials banished by this card during your Standby Phase to Fusion Summon it.

Crimson Nova Trinity would abuse this card, I mean for the mere cost of paying 2200 LP you get a 4500 beatstick that can't be destroyed or targeted by card effects, halves the opponent's LP when it attacks and can attack twince, pretty damn OP.

Here are some suggestions to balance this card:

-Increase the cost to 1000 instead of 800

-Limit the card to Special Summoning instead of Fusion Summoning so cards like Crimson Nova Trinity won't abuse this card.

I completely didn't think of this card when making this; but you'd be right a card like that would make this card broken. Edits will be made!

Archived