Metamorphosis Samurai [Fusion Monster(Pseudo-Mermail Support?)]

Sluggaholic

kryW3N2.jpg

"Metamorphosis Samurai"

Level 7 - WATER - Warrior-type (Fusion) Monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned by card effect, or by banishing 2 WATER monsters in your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization" this way.) When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can send 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. If this card would be destroyed, banish it; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard to the field.

ATK 2500/DEF 2000

- - - - - -

Yes, another song-inspired monster. This one, I decided, would make fun pseudo-Mermail support. I've been trying out the archetype (with Atlanteans, too) and it's been p.gud. This guy wouldn't be all that great, but if you had a couple of whatevers, you might make him. Iunno.

CnC is appreciated, as always.

R.H.C.Ps

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOhkAy then.

So it's an inherent summon that plays off of the massive Grave Merlanteans can make, sends Atlanteans from Deck and activates their effects, brings out an Abyssmegalo free of cost, floats into another monster, then summons itself back. This is all on top of the 1-card advantage Mermail can make without having to worry, since this card is in their Extra Deck.

To say the least, this does a lot and is extremely easy to access. Its stats are quite nice, too, so that doesn't quite compensate. There's veiler, but you could always just bait it before making this, and if they Ghost Ogre, then he'll float and essentially let you +1. 

I'd at least get rid of the float and the Special Summon and change them out for something less OTK-ish, because Mermails are already pretty tough as they are (Megalo + Mizuchi + 2 other monsters, one to tribute and one to finish off the opponent). Since this doesn't require any materials on the field, you could alternatively fix the effect by making that change.

Bump; Edits have been made. I got rid of the protection effect on the SS'd monster, and MSam doesn't return to the field after banishment.

- - - - -

NOTE: I kept the effects relatively the same, as my idea with this card was that, being a WATER monster, it had the ability to turn other monsters (you control) into water, then turn them back into new monsters, essentially 'morphing' them from their first form into their new form.

His ultimate ability is to save his life by changing himself into a new creature by using his own ability on himself: turning into water, changing his structure, and becoming a new monster. So, in reality, it makes sense for him not to bring himself back.

Archived