[Leaderboard(?)] Toyo vs Black D Sceptyr - Cards are up, go vote, losers。。

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-dont bother with the anonymity if you dont want to, i really dont care for it
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting (if the vote is actually good)

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is July 13, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.
-The contest ends on July 16, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

Requirement:
Make a generically good Synchro with an on-summon effect

[spoiler=Card A]
chaos_scion_luminthrall_by_bdsceptyr-da9
DARK/Fiend-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 9/3000 ATK/2300 DEF

Lore: 2 LIGHT or DARK Tuners + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned, if you have 1 or less cards in your hand: You can add 1 LIGHT and/or 1 DARK monster whose total Levels equal 8 or less from your Deck to your hand. The face-up Special Summoned monster your opponent controls with the highest ATK cannot activate its effects, also it cannot target this card for attacks. When this card leaves the field by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster with 3000 or less ATK from your Main or Extra Deck. You can only Special Summon "Chaos Scion Luminthrall" once per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]
tubXd2n.jpg
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
WIND/Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/2000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Both players discard 1 card. During either player's turn, when a player adds a card from their deck to their hand, except by drawing it: You can return this card to your Extra Deck; Discard that card, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 of this card's Synchro Materials in face-up Defense Position.

Now vote ye lil shits

Since nobody's voting, I'll quickly end this.

A is... Messy. It's just not good enough to run in the Decks that can actually Summon it. Right now, the 2 predominant Decks that actually have a decent chance of Summoning this are Shaddolls and Lightsworns. 2x Minerva Maiden and 1x Lumina for LS, and 2x Falco and 1x Beast for Shaddolls. Of course, Synchro ladders also have a chance of making this by 2x Formula and 1x Librarian, but the highest possibility remains with the 2 decks I mentioned previously. Moving on:

First effect is only applicable with 1 or less cards, which isn't too bad. Second effect in alright too. Third effect made me raise my eyebrows as you can keep reviving it with something like COTH and keep getting Omegas out when COTH gets popped, but then again, the usability of the card would probably prevent this scenerio as Shaddolls and Lightsworns have never run generic revival from the builds I've seen.

B is more generic and usable in any Deck that can make a Black Rose Dragon. Depending on the scenerio, this card can act as a game ender if you manage to empty out your opponent's hand and they have no float or field effects to rely on. The bounce discard effect is meh, but it can also serve to block a float effect once it resolves the first effect successfully.

Although A has better effects, the Summon requirement is just way too niche, like Chaos Goddess, to be put and used successfully in a Deck. Not only that, if you don't have any LIGHT monsters in your Main Deck, you'd need to take more Extra Deck Space to add Omegas or some other valid target. I see much better cards to make than wasting all that effort on A.

Just due to having MUCH better usability, as well as a decent effect to boot, B gets my vote.

Because neither of the competitors has decided to accept the vote or raise any concerns about Yuuji's voting (and the deadline had passed eleven hours ago), I'm going to manually accept Yuuji's vote, since they covered the necessary content and this isn't staying open forever until someone does. 

As such, contest is 1-0 card B. 

Yuuji will be given a voter rep. 

----

If this was a Leaderboard contest, one of you report it in the thread if you want it to count. 

Archived