[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Abdelrahman Bahaa [Completed]

Dova

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.

First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

Cards must be PM'd to me.

In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

The winner gets a rep from the loser.

All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

The deadline for entries is 48 hours from the entry.

The contest ends on 7 days after the cards have been submitted.

Requirement:

Create a pair for a lone Pendulum Monster. (For Pendulums in an archetype/series, they need to be the only Pendulum in that archetype/series)

Card A:

P.M. Enforcer

DARK - Level 4 - Zombie / Pendulum / Effect - 1500/0 - 2/2

Pendulum Effect:

Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to you Summoning a Zombie-Type monster(s).

Monster Effect:

You can send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; This turn, if a Zombie-Type monster attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can only use this effect of "P.M. Enforcer" once per turn.

Card B:

Archfiend Hakaimono

DARK - Level 3 - Fiend / Pendulum / Effect - 1200/800- 2/2

Pendulum Effect:

If an "Archfiend" card in your other Pendulum Zone is destroyed by a card effect, you can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy this card, and if you do, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Archfiend Hakaimono" once per turn.

Monster Effect:

If an "Archfiend" monster you control is Tributed or destroyed by your opponent's card, you can target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field; destroy this card, and if you do, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Archfiend Hakaimono" once per turn.

Going in before you understand the requirements, clearly a passionate participant!

Aight, so let's take Bujin Hiruko as an example (I wonder why). Now, it's part of the Bujin archetype, however, it doesn't have a buddy to Pendulum Summon with. An example of a pair might be Dragonpit and Dragonpulse Magician, as they complement each other in effect, scales, and lore. Just something to work with a lone Pendulum Monster in terms of scales.

While they don't need them, I enjoy making them ^^

Chinese search engines wouldn't show me the card, but either way, it wouldn't change the outcome of my vote.

A is already effective without it's counterpart, which is a point I'll bring up later against B. The PE effect is already good in preventing a nasty Solemn or a Hole card some slamming down your Zombies. Moving on the to the Monster effect... I would say that it's a little worrying with the amount of damage you can do with this card and Unizombie. However, the overall consideration of consistency and the time required to set up such a combo makes the possibile abuse negligible imo. It's certainly a good card for setting up combos, and Skull Servant.dek can still make do with its effects, even if they cannot Pendulum Summon with its scale.

B is way too reliant on Eccentrick for it's PE, making it pretty much useless if you happen to draw it without Eccentrick. The monster effect is... Alright, but again, it relies on other Archfiend cards to activate and resolve. Not only that, Eccentrick exceeds this card in usability to the point in which this card isn't even worthy of being its counterpart. This card, without Eccentrick, would be literally useless imo, aside from being a generic Scale 2 I guess?

Voting for A.

Archived