[Sakura 30K] Narakyūō the Hellfire Destruction Dragon

7FwQtTe.jpg

Narakyūō the Hellfire Destruction Dragon

Level 9 | FIRE | Dragon | Synchro | Effect

3000/2800

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
(1) Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. (2) Once per turn, if this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target up to 2 cards on the field; destroy them, then your opponent takes 500 damage for every card that was destroyed by this effect.

If I need to modify the card for any reason, I will just edit the written part as the automatic upload to Imgur is still not working.

iU8EggM.png

Most of you know my usual tradition of making a generic card every 1000 posts for milestone reasons; this is for 30K (hence why card has 3000 ATK).

I wanted to go for a destroyer theme for this card, hence its second effect being able to blow up multiple cards if it kills something (which it likely will be doing) and burning while you're at it. First effect is just standard boss monster protection intended to block removal, though I think this may be better off removed or nerfed slightly.

Keep in mind that you can also blow up your own cards as well (for triggering your own stuff that triggers on destruction); not just the opponent's things. Ideally, you use it to clean out the opponent's board (remove other monsters so the rest of your stuff can attack without issues), take out the Pendulum Scales if needed (either the opponent's or yours).

----

This card's name is a play on "naraku" (hell, which is where the description in the name come froms), "kyū" (nine, which is its Level) and "ku" (also another reading for nine, but can be derived from "kurushimu" (to suffer, which its effect is supposed to make the opponent do).

iU8EggM.png

IMG Credit: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=50976872

(I don't own the artwork)

To be fair though, I had something else in mind, but due to lack of viable ideas and an image that I would like to use that I can be satisfied with, this is it.

Reps will be given for proper reviews.

Edgy. Also weird how the long marks turn into ^

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

As far as accessibility, it's immediately clear that it would be something Blue-Eyes could use, immediately bumping up its usefulness. An inability to be targeted on a monster with such high stats also makes it quite impressive, since, as I mentioned, you can summon it in Blue-Eyes. Another thing, though, is that even if one of them was outed, they could either bring out another one or use Cloudcastle to bring it back out from Grave (and, if they're at all manly, make Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir :P)

This may just be me worrying a lot, but usually destroying an opponent's monster by battle for an effect is a bit risky, especially with many different Mirror Forces released. I suppose, though, you wouldn't bring it out on heavy back row, and just use it to get over a big Monarch or (with a small boost) a Kozmo ship. In the case of Monarchs, you'd be seeing some good advantage, since losing 3 cards in Monarchs can be game-changing sometimes (in Sack Monarchs, at least. I can't say the same for Extra Deck Monarchs).

I wonder if this could be a go-to Synchro for Blue-Eyes in time. They make this turn 2, get over something, get rid of the opponent's advantage, and inflict 1000 damage to them, so as long as they don't Burning Mirror Force you, you'll be alright.

All in all, it's a bit cliche, but definitely has a few niches that make it useful among very few Level 9 Synchro Monsters.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Because the cardmaker font doesn't support long vowels for whatever reason, I had to replace them with the circumflex ones, which do work. However, if the effect box has accented characters, then they will screw up (and there are some cards that do have accents/tildes/diacritical marks).

Ask the creator of the Matrix font why they didn't make glyphs for the long vowels, because other languages do have them (including roumaji).

-----

Yeah, Blue-Eyes can probably use this; not entirely sure if they want to play this over Spirit Dragon though (getting out both would be a pain in the neck though for the opponent). I'm not really adept at playing the new Deck yet [doing some testing on the side with them against AIs], but suppose they could use it as an option. But yeah, I did take into consideration the Mirror Force expies (and OG one); ideally, you MST/Twin Twister things (or use whatever) before you strike with this card or have an idea of what the opponent has, and plan accordingly.

Not really sure how large backrow tends to be nowadays; I usually tend to have mid-sized ones with usual staple stuff and whatever else I need at the time (BTH, Notice, maybe OG Mirror if I need to, but I haven't used it much lately and some Archetypal things).

I know Blue-Eyes make 9s a lot; not sure on other Decks that can do the same easily. (Didn't really intend to give Blue-Eyes a new toy, but it's probably one they can make use of)

-----

As for the targeting protection, it can be removed if that coupled with its destruction abilities on a 30/28 body is too much. I want to make this card strong enough to contend with the metagame, but at the same time, keep it reasonable enough so they're fair to deal with.

Archived