[Leaderboard] - Abdelrahman vs Tori-kun (Voting)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply

-First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.

-All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.

-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

-In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

-The deadline for entries is July 15, 12:00 AM, GMT+2

-The contest ends on July 20, 12:00 AM, GMT+2

-In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirement:

Challenger's choice (Make a Rank 6 Monster)

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]Polaris of the North

Fairy / Xyz / Effect

LIGHT / Rank 6

2 Level 6 monsters

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can attach 1 LIGHT monster from your hand to this card as an Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card (min. 2); this card's maximum number of attacks this turn equals to the number of Xyz Materials you detached. Other monsters cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

1000/1000

[spoiler=Card B]Alinum, Demon of Dark World

Fiend / Xyz / Effect

DARK / Rank 6

2 Level 6 "Dark World" Monsters

Cannot be targeted by card effects while it has Xyz Material. When you opponent activate a card effect that targets exactly 1 "Dark World" monster you control: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effect, then discard 1 card. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, target 1 "Dark World" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand, then discard 1 card, except the card added by this effect. You can only activate the effect of "Alinum, Demon of Dark World" once per turn.

2700/2200

1v1's usually dead lately, but suppose I'll give this a look over. 

Card A is effectively a multiple attacker that can strike directly; right now, your best option would be to use this with Hieratics/Cyber Angels since they can easily Rank 6 into stuff, and you'll probably have a spare LIGHT to use. Although, there is the option of Astral Forcing from something like Minerva, Princess Cologne and 102 to get more mats to burn for direct hits, but I don't see the latter two being used, and don't think LS even want to make Minerva then Astral into this for attacks, although it'd work. Regarding its usual stuff in Rank 6 decks, I suppose it's an easy 2000 damage for generic purposes (maybe 3k if you use this in a Deck that supports it well enough). I don't know; suppose it'll give you a way to inflict significant damage on your opponent if you can't run them over in battle, or just finish the game off if the opponent's weak enough. 

Not saying that a monster that can swing for 2000 damage directly is bad (it can be useful late-game), but most of the time, it's going to only amount to being a direct attacker and it's single shot, Suppose you can go into Gaia Charger though afterwards if you can't finish the opponent, so there's that. Oh right, and if anyone still uses it, just have this attack an opponent's monster, trigger something like Honest and have it direct attack with the heightened ATK (although I'm finding that to be unlikely).

----

Card B requires that you either use Lucent and/or Latinum; last time I checked, they don't have the ability to modify their own Levels. Suppose you can ditch Lucent, then have his effect SS another copy or Latinum (if that's even used). But yeah, suppose it stops common stuff like Destroyer or whatever form of targeting that exists at present, then lets you trigger another Dark World monster from the hand. Either that, or you can just cycle through Dark World stuff in the Graveyard, then trigger something else from the hand. It too is immune to targeting removal if you haven't burned out your mats, so that's pretty nice for it on a 27/22 body. A bit iffy on it having that protection though, but as I mentioned earlier, I am not sure if Latinum is even used right now; if this is the case, you're basically resorting to 2 Lucents to make it; otherwise, you still only have two targets this can go into. So, I guess the protection is warranted a bit. 

Card is nice though and gives Dark Worlds more ways to trigger themselves (and protection to an extent), but because it's restricted to Dark Worlds and their only options are the above, I'm not sure how often they can actually make this card.

------

Going to vote card C for now.

B has a good effect, but given the options Dark Worlds have right now, I don't see them summoning this too often [least unless you can ditch Lucent and do things].

A is nice for pushing late-game, but either you need to buff its ATK during the earlier parts or Astral Force to make it do stuff before then; otherwise that Rank 6 slot could be better used for other members in the pool. 

Zzz. I'll just be brief on the rights and wrongs of both card.

A is just another one of those game finishers that is less common than Nightmare Shark or Heartlanddraco. The only Deck that I can think of which will utilize this properly without having to waste too much resources are Hieratics. Note the point of not wasting too much resources here.

Gagaga's can make this too, but again, there are a lot better options than a 1000 direct attacker that can only inflict 2000 damage once. The thing is, A is a one-use effect that requires another card to inflict 1000 more damage than the other direct attackers. However, it's basically a monster that would hurt you just as hard with the measly 1000 ATK on your opponent's next turn, or cause you to lose another card if it gets removed from the field after you attach the LIGHT monster. 3 cards to make this thing just isn't worth it.

B is just as bad. Lucent is the only possible monster that can make B, but the effects and stats do help it's case a little. A more logical choice for making a DW Xyz would've been Rank 5 imo, due to more DW cards being at that Level. In terms of usage B beats A, but is nearly impossible to Summon unless you'd want to add Level changing cards into the Deck.

Now it goes down to which card is worse, because both are pretty bad. A lot of cards can easily replace both of them, and I don't see a case where one would surpass the other.

Voting C as well imo.

Archived