F*** Dyscordtopia V2, Corruption Still Rampant imo

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/354700-funk-dyscordtopia-imo-corruption-at-its-finest/

As much as I would like to repeat myself a billion times, I don't. The overall issues I had discussed previously hasn't been touched on at all, and somehow redirected to me wanting to return to Discord? If you read my original post, there's literally nothing to suggest that I'm aiming to return to the server. None at all.

Also, if you're going to be a sheeple and go full retard, atleast do it if you were actually there and know what even happened.

So going back to my IGNORED points about power abuse:

- People holding power in Discord can give out punishments without having to reveal their identity, nor provide an explanation.

- Even if they did reveal their identity, they immediately dish out the punishment without warning or without any chance for a rebuttal. This has happened to me multiple times out of the blue.

- Stroker is a joke. Potato is a joke. Others make the same jokes. He makes the same jokes on himself. So the Mods punished mainly me (If they even punish others?) for the same jokes. Bravo, and funk you all who did punish me out of nowhere. Continuously.

- Smear was being a funk. If you were the one who kept punishing me before doing the kick and lock, remember that I came back each time and was literally implying you to discuss your reasons publicly. You didn't, insteads opting to continue using Time-outs in order to silence me. Yeah, no. I won't take that sheet, and I don't care if I can't return to Discord if I can hold you accountable for what you've done.

If this gets locked again before any of my points are addressed properly, it's only going to make the current mod team look bad in terms of their ability to make decisions and act accordingly. All I'm stating are valid issues in terms of how Discord is functioning right now. I'd like to see anyone else state otherwise.

- People holding power in Discord can give out punishments without having to reveal their identity, nor provide an explanation.

Yes. This is a problem that can happen. However, this is not the case with your punishment as I came out and said who was getting a timeout and why directly as it happened.

- Even if they did reveal their identity, they immediately dish out the punishment without warning or without any chance for a rebuttal. This has happened to me multiple times out of the blue.

That's because the punishment of a Timeout is a warning. If we straight up kicked and banned you from the server, then you would have a right to complain. And I can assure you, the times that I have seen you put in Timeout, they were sure as hell not "out of the blue".

- Stroker is a joke. Potato is a joke. Others make the same jokes. He makes the same jokes on himself. So the Mods punished mainly me (If they even punish others?) for the same jokes. Bravo, and funk you all who did punish me out of nowhere. Continuously.

Yes, to you this is a joke. I understand that. Others do make jokes too. But when someone requests personally that you stop doing that, then it isn't a joke anymore. You should take how others feel in to consideration some time. There are a number of members who have copped it from you and all requested you (and other members who have done it) to stop, and as a blatant disregard for their feelings, you keep on doing it, and it crosses a line.

- Smear was being a funk. If you were the one who kept punishing me before doing the kick and lock, remember that I came back each time and was literally implying you to discuss your reasons publicly. You didn't, insteads opting to continue using Time-outs in order to silence me. Yeah, no. I won't take that sheet, and I don't care if I can't return to Discord if I can hold you accountable for what you've done.

I punished you once towards the end for what happened to Thar. You and kushgod both had a part in that from my looking back at the chat history. I said the reason when you were put in Timeout. And then, I went to work so clearly I didn't see that message, and clearly wasn't the one who Timeouted you again.

If this gets locked again before any of my points are addressed properly, it's only going to make the current mod team look bad in terms of their ability to make decisions and act accordingly. All I'm stating are valid issues in terms of how Discord is functioning right now. I'd like to see anyone else state otherwise.

The previous thread wasn't supposed to be locked, we're looking for who is responsible.

EDIT: edited out swearing of the title, kids forum, nothing against you or w/e

Poor Yuuko, you don't understand. See, I made the Potato joke work on my own terms. As such, abuse of jokes lead to problems. Now, stop causing this drama, please. You used to be a good member, and now you are turning into a worse version of Dae.

Am I really being compared to this sheet? I at least know that I deserve sheet. I know that I don't let jokes die. I know when I need to be serious and I am going to be forward about my opinions.

This guy is literally just a joke and makes everything into a joke, with no purpose or art to it. I actually take being a dick and a troll as another form of expression, and method to enjoying myself.

Yes. This is a problem that can happen. However, this is not the case with your punishment as I came out and said who was getting a timeout and why directly as it happened.

Bullshit. I for sure didn't see it at all for why it was given. I've even asked directly what happened, and Dae was even there when I said "funk you Smear, explain yourself". Of course, I wasn't 100% at the time if he was trolling or not when he said that it was from you, so I had given you the benefit of the doubt. Now I don't have to.

That's because the punishment of a Timeout is a warning. If we straight up kicked and banned you from the server, then you would have a right to complain. And I can assure you, the times that I have seen you put in Timeout, they were sure as hell not "out of the blue".

Silencing me, and giving no mention of who placed the time-out is your warning? Hell no, if you're going to give one, state the reason publicly so I'd have a chance for a rebuttal and rip your case to shreds, instead of acting on your own. Straight up kicking and banning is the most redundant example you can give, because it's the worst case scenerio that could possibly occur if a moderator was stupid enough to do so. The times you have seen me on Time-out did not give me any chance for me to argue for my case properly before the moderators acted on their own.

For example, the incident with Toyo turned to sheet because I was silenced mid-apology, even though I had no idea at the time why she was really offended by the joke. Of course, I learned about why after thanks to a certain someone, but I could've saved a lot of trouble if I could've explained properly beforehand. 

Yes, to you this is a joke. I understand that. Others do make jokes too. But when someone requests personally that you stop doing that, then it isn't a joke anymore. You should take how others feel in to consideration some time. There are a number of members who have copped it from you and all requested you (and other members who have done it) to stop, and as a blatant disregard for their feelings, you keep on doing it, and it crosses a line.

So you admit I was singled out from the rest on purpose to be punished the most here? Like I said, I don't give a damn about returning to Discord or not. If you're turning a blind eye to the majority of others that make the same joke, then it's poor moderation skills on your part.  

Besides, why not have these so called members come out so we can have a debate? There's something called if you can't take a joke that is not an attack, then just shut off your computer if your mentality is still stuck in Grade school. If Stroker has a problem with it, then change his username. If he doesn't like potatoes enough, then too bad for him. This website isn't made for little kids who take things way too seriously from what I see.

I punished you once towards the end for what happened to Thar. You and kushgod both had a part in that from my looking back at the chat history. I said the reason when you were put in Timeout. And then, I went to work so clearly I didn't see that message, and clearly wasn't the one who Timeouted you again.

Even now, I'm still baffled. WTF did Kush and I do to Thar? I still don't because... Oh wait, no reasoning was given before the punishment was given, and I didn't even know who did it. fabulous. Whoever Time outed me after didn't help the case by doing it out of nowhere.

The previous thread wasn't supposed to be locked, we're looking for who is responsible.

It's fine, because I'll still make my stand here. Do you admit or not that the Discord's moderator team has been poor in giving out their reasonings before handing out punishements, as well as revealing that they were the ones who gave them?

Poor Yuuko, you don't understand. See, I made the Potato joke work on my own terms. As such, abuse of jokes lead to problems. Now, stop causing this drama, please. You used to be a good member, and now you are turning into a worse version of Dae.

So WTF, others can't make the same joke even though you make it for yourself on "your own terms", and then you overreact when others do so? Disgusting.

Also, it's Yuuji. Learn to read.

Am I really being compared to this sheet? I at least know that I deserve sheet. I know that I don't let jokes die. I know when I need to be serious and I am going to be forward about my opinions.

This guy is literally just a joke and makes everything into a joke, with no purpose or art to it. I actually take being a dick and a troll as another form of expression, and method to enjoying myself.

I don't let memes die. Sue me.

The only art you have is sex imo.

Besides, I'm only trying to point out 2 things here, for the umpteenth time.

- Moderators are not giving a valid reason directly before acting, and they do not confront the person in question directly before doing so.

- Moderators are not revealing that they are the ones who issued such punishment, so they can hide behind their powers.

So WTF, others can't make the same joke even though you make it for yourself on "your own terms", and then you overreact when others do so? Disgusting.

I don't let memes die. Sue me.

The only art you have is sex imo.

That's because I don't spend money to own art. I create art and let others appreciate it, I don't "have" it.

That's because I don't spend money to own art. I create art and let others appreciate it, I don't "have" it.

Totally irrelevant imo.

Back to the issue on hand, I'll just copy and paste because I'm tired of typing:

- Moderators are not giving a valid reason directly before acting, and they do not confront the person in question directly before doing so.

- Moderators are not revealing that they are the ones who issued such punishment, so they can hide behind their powers.

Even if Smear somehow did give the reasoning that I had not been able to see, then he'd be the only example of a mod who actually revealed his identity while issuing a punishment. I cannot say the same for the rest.

I mean from what I can tell you just cant seem to stop when told to stop, so I dont see why you shouldn't have been punished accordingly. Also ngl after the joke you made about me yesterday I just think you're an awful person in general who makes fun of others while calling it a 'joke'.

I told you what actually happened, so if you still hate me, then so be it. As for making fun of others, what other jokes have I made aside from Potato, Stroker, and the unfortunate incident regarding you?

Again, I did my best to apologize and make it up to you. I don't know what else I can do now regarding that incident.

I'll have to be offline for now, but I'll reply to all of you later in regards to any points against me and my case. Until then, I can only keep apologizing to you, Toyo.

I just want you to answer this mainly. Why didn't you go directly to mods via PM when this happened, to ask why it happened and to appeal? What do you gain from going back through another account or w/e to ask in a chat?

1. I had done it once with Gadjiltron. That only turned to sheet because he ignored my case on making my potato and Stroker jokes. I kept questioning him with my reasoning that he finally ignored after I provided my explanation. That was useless.

2. Which mod did it for example? For 1., I only knew that it was Gadjiltron because he was the only active moderator at the time. However, after that incident, I lost all faith in confronting them directly via PM.

3. I hopped so I can question them publicly, in which Time-outs wouldn't allow you to post in the chatbox. It puts them in a position in which if they fail to provide solid evidence and a lack of argumentation, everyone else would be able to witness it. If they punish me after being in the public eye without a proper case, it puts their power abuse in the spotlight. 

Yeah, I really have to go now, but that's why I acted the way I did. The rest that I won't be able to see will have to be answered once I get back.

"So WTF, others can't make the same joke even though you make it for yourself on "your own terms", and then you overreact when others do so? Disgusting.

Also, it's Yuuji. Learn to read."

How about you stop acting like a pretentious ass? When I (or anyone for that matter) ask for something to stop, the respectful thing would be to stop. A joke isn't a joke if the other person doesn't laugh, and apparently you don't get that. This forum would be a lot better if people had the decency to respect others. Seeing as you didn't share that same respect for others, you got what you deserved.

1. I had done it once with Gadjiltron. That only turned to sheet because he ignored my case on making my potato and Stroker jokes. I kept questioning him with my reasoning that he finally ignored after I provided my explanation. That was useless.

2. Which mod did it for example? For 1., I only knew that it was Gadjiltron because he was the only active moderator at the time. However, after that incident, I lost all faith in confronting them directly via PM.

3. I hopped so I can question them publicly, in which Time-outs wouldn't allow you to post in the chatbox. It puts them in a position in which if they fail to provide solid evidence and a lack of argumentation, everyone else would be able to witness it. If they punish me after being in the public eye without a proper case, it puts their power abuse in the spotlight. 

Yeah, I really have to go now, but that's why I acted the way I did. The rest that I won't be able to see will have to be answered once I get back.

1. Maybe in that case then, you were in the wrong? Or perhaps he just felt the case you made was not enough. If you make your case and don't..."win" the case, then that's just how it is. Your case could be flawed, it might not be a corruption thing. That's kind of saying you're automatically correct.

2. That's why you ask any mod you're comfortable with and they ask around.

3. Bringing this stuff into public makes it harder to deal with because then you have a bunch of different people saying things and making it a mess. It more makes you out to be complaining than them to be abusing power

Okay, this might actually be none of my business because I don't know ANYTHING about Discord or the situation other than what's been described, but...

Not a single word you've said in either this thread or your first thread has given me any reason to believe that you're the victim. Now, when I approach situations that do not have clear context, I try to understand both viewpoints, try to see where someone's anger or frustration is coming from, and take that into account.

I think I at least have a reasonable grasp of where you're coming from.

For some baffling reason, you legitimately seem to think that if someone explicitly told you to stop making a joke, that continuing to use it is totally fine, because other people make the same jokes. Yes, but that overlooks that sometimes, certain jokes are only "permitted" by select people. Close friends and the like, where the friendship and bond enable them to know, without question, that the comments or jokes are in jest. You might very well not be within that inner circle. Insisting on provoking someone who asked you to stop making those jokes just emphasizes that you have malicious intent in making the jokes, which is probably why the jokes weren't funny coming from you.

Now, this is mostly presumption on my part, since I don't know the full details. However, you said in one instance, you appealed to Gadjiltron. And that you argued your "case" about using "Stroker" and "potato" jokes, which he ultimately dismissed.

What case could you possibly have that would change things? I'm just imagining one day, you making these jokes on YCM, Striker asking you to stop because it's overdone and aggravating, and you continuing anyway, until I warn you for harassment. Then you PM me, insisting that you have perfectly good reasoning for using those jokes despite the person asking you to stop. Which is that other people make jokes about Striker.

And I suppose my reaction is going to be "Oh, other people use them too? My mistake, I'll take those points off now". Except I wouldn't, because that's a terrible argument. If anything, it'll prompt me to keep an eye out for OTHER people pestering Striker so I can punish them, too. Your punishment wouldn't get lessened in the slightest, and your refusal to accept this would prompt me to disregard your argument entirely. Which is exactly what Gadjiltron did, according to you.

Your main anger seems to be that you should be given a chance to make a rebuttal of some sort before punishment happens. Well, that's not entirely true here, either. I could permaban you, and you'd never know it was me, because only your account can see your warn history, and your account's permabanned. Other mods could figure it out pretty easily, so it's not perfect anonymity, but this is also a forum, where communication is slower paced due to the nature of threads and posts. If you let someone run their mouth on a chat program/server, even to justify their potentially offensive or disruptive behavior, it just gives them more opportunity to BE disruptive or offensive, especially if they might be trolling.

And how do you figure someone would fail to give reasoning or argumentation if you confronted them publicly in a chatbox? 

"Why did you kick me?"

"Um...er..."

"I'm waiting to hear why you're abusing your powers, Mod Scum!"

"..."

"Exactly!"

Bearing in mind, this is the person who DID it, and therefore has some semblance of a justification, whether you agree with it or not. You disagreeing with it isn't going to expose power abuse unless they legitimately did it "just cause".

As opposed to the more likely scenario of...

"Why did you kick me?"

"You were acting like an jabroni and people told you to stop, and you didn't"

"I had a perfectly good reason to act like an jabroni! Look everyone, this "mod" is abusing his or her "powers", finger quotes."

Hmm...I'm running out of things to blow out of proportion in order to emphasize a point. And I'm sure me siding against you in this manner is going to make me REAL popular in your eyes. But no matter. I have no power on Discord, so it's not like I can make these anonymous, allegedly power-abusing mods disappear, so your griping about the matter is completely pointless. That, and I legitimately think you're in the wrong and haven't seen the slightest indication of otherwise.

Bullshit. I for sure didn't see it at all for why it was given. I've even asked directly what happened, and Dae was even there when I said "funk you Smear, explain yourself". Of course, I wasn't 100% at the time if he was trolling or not when he said that it was from you, so I had given you the benefit of the doubt. Now I don't have to.

You're trying to raise the warning as unlawful because you aren't sure why you were given it.  But you were fully aware of your actions.

Silencing me, and giving no mention of who placed the time-out is your warning? Hell no, if you're going to give one, state the reason publicly so I'd have a chance for a rebuttal and rip your case to shreds, instead of acting on your own. Straight up kicking and banning is the most redundant example you can give, because it's the worst case scenerio that could possibly occur if a moderator was stupid enough to do so. The times you have seen me on Time-out did not give me any chance for me to argue for my case properly before the moderators acted on their own.

Everyone deserves a fair trial.  But if you didn't understand 'stop' the first time, you deserved what you got.  

So you admit I was singled out from the rest on purpose to be punished the most here? Like I said, I don't give a damn about returning to Discord or not. If you're turning a blind eye to the majority of others that make the same joke, then it's poor moderation skills on your part.

Fair.  Everyone who partook in the joke after they were asked to stop should be punished.  Let's see who that amounts to.

Besides, why not have these so called members come out so we can have a debate? There's something called if you can't take a joke that is not an attack, then just shut off your computer if your mentality is still stuck in Grade school. If Stroker has a problem with it, then change his username. If he doesn't like potatoes enough, then too bad for him. This website isn't made for little kids who take things way too seriously from what I see.

You can't justify your behavior by telling someone else to have thick skin.  Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence.  Does that make you upset?  Too bad.  This website isn't made for little kids who take things way too seriously from what I see.

Even now, I'm still baffled. WTF did Kush and I do to Thar? I still don't because... Oh wait, no reasoning was given before the punishment was given, and I didn't even know who did it. fabulous. Whoever Time outed me after didn't help the case by doing it out of nowhere.

Here we go with the 'playing dumb' card again.  Do you just assume we don't check chat records or post history?  If it's out there, we'll find.  And you know damn well you pushed Thar to do what he did.  Granted, he's responsible for his actions.  But you're an accompanying party who is partly responsible.  You were punished for it.

It's fine, because I'll still make my stand here. Do you admit or not that the Discord's moderator team has been poor in giving out their reasonings before handing out punishements, as well as revealing that they were the ones who gave them?

No.  I don't admit it.  The mod team has in the past come out with admitting who banned who and why.  We've already made attempts at transparency.  We'll continue to do so.  Clearing up your whims and wishes with instant gratification is not our priority.  We'll answer in a timely fashion.  Just because it's not when you want doesn't mean we're hiding.

We are confronting you.  You're given clear, written / verbal indication of your actions with warning points.  Warning points are in place so that you understand what you did was wrong and that additional behavior of that same manner will lead to additional punishments.  Adding them up results in a ban.  How hard is that to understand?

And no one's hiding.  The mod team has been more open now than they have for a long time.  The only one hiding is you.  From your slap on the wrist.  You can either admit to your mistake and stop worrying about it, or we can continue having this pointless discussion.

Ah, my favourite time of the day. Time to respond in order.

"So WTF, others can't make the same joke even though you make it for yourself on "your own terms", and then you overreact when others do so? Disgusting.

Also, it's Yuuji. Learn to read."

How about you stop acting like a pretentious ass? When I (or anyone for that matter) ask for something to stop, the respectful thing would be to stop. A joke isn't a joke if the other person doesn't laugh, and apparently you don't get that. This forum would be a lot better if people had the decency to respect others. Seeing as you didn't share that same respect for others, you got what you deserved.

Stop acting like a pretentious ass? When you stop complaining to everyone about being ignored and how nobody wants to talk to you, as well as overreact to a potato joke that's rated E for Everyone, then maybe I will imo. 

Next... Oh btw, Kushgod and I laughed a lot. It was pretty funny for Winter, Kate, and Dae before he turned holy-roller imo. Other people did laugh imo, so it's still a joke. Moving on...

Nah, I just don't respect you. Low IQ, EQ, as well as no worthwhile talent worth mentioning. I never once stated that I wanted to return to Discord either, but more or less state some reforms that I would feel make it less corrupting for others imo.

1. Maybe in that case then, you were in the wrong? Or perhaps he just felt the case you made was not enough. If you make your case and don't..."win" the case, then that's just how it is. Your case could be flawed, it might not be a corruption thing. That's kind of saying you're automatically correct.

2. That's why you ask any mod you're comfortable with and they ask around.

3. Bringing this stuff into public makes it harder to deal with because then you have a bunch of different people saying things and making it a mess. It more makes you out to be complaining than them to be abusing power

1. Again, it's if the MODERATOR felt if the case I made was not enough. Gadjiltron never said anything back for confirmation after I questioned his reasonings. I never said I was automatically correct, but in case that I somehow implied that it was, then I apologize. However, the fact lies that he never responded directly to me with an argument that I accepted before he handed out the punishment.

2. I don't trust the vast majority of them, regarding my history with them on YCM and Discord. Even without the clashing timzeones, I hate troubling the ones I trust for something that I felt that I could confront myself with my own explanations. 

3. Rinbu Revolution for the first part imo, so I don't feel like it'll make a mess if different opinions can be brought in on the matter to form some sort of consensus. For the second part, I wanted to get confirmation of the most recent incident of which mod did it, and talk about the power limitations that I felt were lacking on Discord.

You can argue that the points I pointed out on Discord were wrong, but they seem pretty logical to me. Shouldn't this be fixed?

Copy and pasted again:

Remember, I'm saying this in regards to their so called "warnings", and not something at the magnitude worthy enough for a permaban. The kick and lock was only applied because I kept avoiding the Time-outs.

Okay, this might actually be none of my business because I don't know ANYTHING about Discord or the situation other than what's been described, but...

Not a single word you've said in either this thread or your first thread has given me any reason to believe that you're the victim. Now, when I approach situations that do not have clear context, I try to understand both viewpoints, try to see where someone's anger or frustration is coming from, and take that into account.

I think I at least have a reasonable grasp of where you're coming from.

For some baffling reason, you legitimately seem to think that if someone explicitly told you to stop making a joke, that continuing to use it is totally fine, because other people make the same jokes. Yes, but that overlooks that sometimes, certain jokes are only "permitted" by select people. Close friends and the like, where the friendship and bond enable them to know, without question, that the comments or jokes are in jest. You might very well not be within that inner circle. Insisting on provoking someone who asked you to stop making those jokes just emphasizes that you have malicious intent in making the jokes, which is probably why the jokes weren't funny coming from you.

Now, this is mostly presumption on my part, since I don't know the full details. However, you said in one instance, you appealed to Gadjiltron. And that you argued your "case" about using "Stroker" and "potato" jokes, which he ultimately dismissed.

What case could you possibly have that would change things? I'm just imagining one day, you making these jokes on YCM, Striker asking you to stop because it's overdone and aggravating, and you continuing anyway, until I warn you for harassment. Then you PM me, insisting that you have perfectly good reasoning for using those jokes despite the person asking you to stop. Which is that other people make jokes about Striker.

And I suppose my reaction is going to be "Oh, other people use them too? My mistake, I'll take those points off now". Except I wouldn't, because that's a terrible argument. If anything, it'll prompt me to keep an eye out for OTHER people pestering Striker so I can punish them, too. Your punishment wouldn't get lessened in the slightest, and your refusal to accept this would prompt me to disregard your argument entirely. Which is exactly what Gadjiltron did, according to you.

Your main anger seems to be that you should be given a chance to make a rebuttal of some sort before punishment happens. Well, that's not entirely true here, either. I could permaban you, and you'd never know it was me, because only your account can see your warn history, and your account's permabanned. Other mods could figure it out pretty easily, so it's not perfect anonymity, but this is also a forum, where communication is slower paced due to the nature of threads and posts. If you let someone run their mouth on a chat program/server, even to justify their potentially offensive or disruptive behavior, it just gives them more opportunity to BE disruptive or offensive, especially if they might be trolling.

And how do you figure someone would fail to give reasoning or argumentation if you confronted them publicly in a chatbox? 

"Why did you kick me?"

"Um...er..."

"I'm waiting to hear why you're abusing your powers, Mod Scum!"

"..."

"Exactly!"

Bearing in mind, this is the person who DID it, and therefore has some semblance of a justification, whether you agree with it or not. You disagreeing with it isn't going to expose power abuse unless they legitimately did it "just cause".

As opposed to the more likely scenario of...

"Why did you kick me?"

"You were acting like an jabroni and people told you to stop, and you didn't"

"I had a perfectly good reason to act like an jabroni! Look everyone, this "mod" is abusing his or her "powers", finger quotes."

Hmm...I'm running out of things to blow out of proportion in order to emphasize a point. And I'm sure me siding against you in this manner is going to make me REAL popular in your eyes. But no matter. I have no power on Discord, so it's not like I can make these anonymous, allegedly power-abusing mods disappear, so your griping about the matter is completely pointless. That, and I legitimately think you're in the wrong and haven't seen the slightest indication of otherwise.

Hmm.

I harbor no ill will towards you of any kind, and the points you are stating are acceptable even if you have very little idea of what's been happening on Discord. In fact, you are one of the moderators that I respect the most on here.

I'll start with your example on YCM regarding potato and Stroker. Aside from the fact that the other members who utilize the same joke are mostly turned a blind eyes to, I'm singling out your point on me insisting making my jokes to the point of being malicious. So literally, if I type something like, "LOL POTATO" or "I'LL SUFFER A STROKE IMO", then it falls under the line as malicious. 

My main argument was never that other people do it so it's fine to do it. I only mentioned that others are turned a blind eye to, which is something I pointed out which falls under corruption as certain members are more favoured by the mods when I mentiond other members. My original point was that any reference to starch (Stroker was just what I mostly called him, which I won't deny), and Stroker blows up and overreacts at me. 

Is this Grade School where we call each other names that are not even swears and we have to tell the teacher? Going back, this is equvalent to the incident regarding my Undertale reference to Undyne about "The wind is howling", with Stroker and Shalltear blowing up on both Discord and YCM. Again, any reference to starch and Stroker takes it upon himself to tell a mod to punish me. That was my main argument.

So next time anybody calls me a toaster or mentions anything that's related to toast, I'll scream for a mod to continuously punish them. Seems fair right? Oh, and you might want to revalidate Stroker's age imo, because I'm pretty sure YCM is for people who are 12 and older imo. =3

So there you go, that was my main argument against Gadjiltron at the time. Moving on...

A good point about getting a permaban and not knowing it from who. That is true, but again, since Smear happened to mention that the Time-outs serve as warns: I have only been talking about the "warnings" that the moderators have been giving out on Discord. 

To compare the worst case scenerio to a moderate scenerio like this seems to be rather flawed in my opinion, even if you were trying to emphasize a point. Remember, I didn't officially receive the ax until I kept hopping to avoid the Time-Outs. If we compared this to YCM on an non-exaggerated scale as opposed to the scenerio you've given, then atleast the warning points system gives a chance for a rebuttal since we would know which moderator issued them.

Comparing a permaban to something like a 3 point spam warning seems rather inaccurate, right?

Basically, what irked me the most is that a mod can simply give a Time-out, log off, and by the time another mod who would even give a damn about what happened went on, it would be your word against theirs. By that point in time, the Time-out would've wore off and I don't think that anyone would bother to make a stink about it. Not only that, they don't even need to give you a chance to argue for yourself if you felt that it was unfair. 

Copy and pasted yet again:

Remember, I'm talking about their so called "warnings" known as Time-outs. If you feel that it is illogical to place a more fair limitation on their powers, than whatever. You already said that you don't have any powers on Discord anyways, although Soulfire explicitly said that all Mods would receive Moderator in the chat or higher, minus Owner. 

Then again, I can't expect you to care either way, but those are my reasonings. Not sure if I missed any point you made to discuss, but if I did, then please tell me so I can.

You're trying to raise the warning as unlawful because you aren't sure why you were given it.  But you were fully aware of your actions.

I am aware of my actions. So what did I do wrong to continuously being silenced? Also, I already introduced my 2 main points that everyone seems to avoid discussing for some reason. I'm only speaking as someone with the correct mentality for my age, so is there something wrong with that?

Everyone deserves a fair trial.  But if you didn't understand 'stop' the first time, you deserved what you got.  

Stop what? Making jokes and not letting memes die so I continuously got punished? Seems rather fair?

Fair.  Everyone who partook in the joke after they were asked to stop should be punished.  Let's see who that amounts to.

So you're saying it's fair to slam me directly and me only even though I wasn't the first to make the jokes. Not only that, even after I get silenced, some people continued to make the same jokes and got off scot-free. Yeah, no. Not fair.

You can't justify your behavior by telling someone else to have thick skin.  Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence.  Does that make you upset?  Too bad.  This website isn't made for little kids who take things way too seriously from what I see.

LOL. Next time someone calls me a toaster, I'll go ballistic and have the mods continue to punish that person. If they say "grow up", I'll keep crying for a Moderator to punish them.

I never said freedom of speech did not have consequences in it. However, I never knew that starch references would be so violating that it warrants continuous punishment. Well, yes, if I said hashbrown and got punished from nowhere, I would be upset.

Um, Lol? Okay, so what's your point for repeating my point? Like I said, re-validate Stroker's age imo. =3

Here we go with the 'playing dumb' card again.  Do you just assume we don't check chat records or post history?  If it's out there, we'll find.  And you know damn well you pushed Thar to do what he did.  Granted, he's responsible for his actions.  But you're an accompanying party who is partly responsible.  You were punished for it.

Jesus Christ. Obviously there's a chat history, and even if I wanted to check them, I can't. I was already vacationing in China during that time, and the censorship made it pretty much impossible to view pics or past messages on Discord thanks to the lag. Besides, I already had enough trouble viewing present messages back then. Please find and send to me, because I have no clue.

What the hell did I push Thar to do? I heard that he got permabanned for posting porn, but I never told him to do it, atleast not with the intention that he axes himself. Besides, if I did type something like "post porn plox", it'd obviously be a joke. I always liked him as a fellow member, and would never intentionally push him to do something to get himself permabanned.

So I was punished for something I have no idea on. Seems fair imo?

No.  I don't admit it.  The mod team has in the past come out with admitting who banned who and why.  We've already made attempts at transparency.  We'll continue to do so.  Clearing up your whims and wishes with instant gratification is not our priority.  We'll answer in a timely fashion.  Just because it's not when you want doesn't mean we're hiding.

WTF does the mod team's "honesty" in the past have to do with the present? The only attempt of transparency was Smear confirming that he punished me before (I think, or so he claims?) from what I've seen. 

Well, I hope you'll do something without being too lengthy in time. As much as I'd like to copy and paste, I'd prefer it if people actually learn to read imo:

Again, is it illogical to place some more limitations on their powers  as it obviously exceeds their power here on YCM?

We are confronting you.  You're given clear, written / verbal indication of your actions with warning points.  Warning points are in place so that you understand what you did was wrong and that additional behavior of that same manner will lead to additional punishments.  Adding them up results in a ban.  How hard is that to understand?

Um, wtf? Are you confusing Discord with YCM? I never saw any warning points from any Mod on Discord, and I've been talking about Discord the entire time. Obviously I'd know what warning points do. It's not hard to understand, but I've been talking about Discord the entire time. 

And no one's hiding.  The mod team has been more open now than they have for a long time.  The only one hiding is you.  From your slap on the wrist.  You can either admit to your mistake and stop worrying about it, or we can continue having this pointless discussion.

Is this your flimpsy attempt to silence me? I'm hiding by coming out in the open with everything with my own reasonings and point of view? The only thing I'll admit is getting the ax for hopping the punishments, because it was the most likely of the inevitable possibilities to occur. So what about everything before that?

Oh, and having the correct mentality for my age. I suppose that'll be a mistake in your eyes too, right?

Pointless discussion? I was never talking about YCM mate. Get your facts straight.

"Stop acting like a pretentious ass? When you stop complaining to everyone about being ignored and how nobody wants to talk to you, as well as overreact to a potato joke that's rated E for Everyone, then maybe I will imo.

Next... Oh btw, Kushgod and I laughed a lot. It was pretty funny for Winter, Kate, and Dae before he turned holy-roller imo. Other people did laugh imo, so it's still a joke. Moving on...

Nah, I just don't respect you. Low IQ, EQ, as well as no worthwhile talent worth mentioning. I never once stated that I wanted to return to Discord either, but more or less state some reforms that I would feel make it less corrupting for tohers imo."

You know, it's very hard to take you seriously here. You are grasping for straws trying to get out of trouble, and it is just sad.

And it seems you don't understand the saying I gave you. See, the other person is the person you are making the joke about. In this case, that person is me. I have every right to ask you to stop. Beyond that point, it stops becoming a joke and become harassment. You knew the history behind it, and you should have heeded my request for you to stop. Main reason my name/avi is Mr. Potato Head is to make the joke so common that people get bored of it. At this point, it is working.

Oh, you best leave out the petty insults the next time you make an argument. It makes you look childish. Granted, you are akready looking childish with the borderline bullying you have pulled.

"Stop acting like a pretentious ass? When you stop complaining to everyone about being ignored and how nobody wants to talk to you, as well as overreact to a potato joke that's rated E for Everyone, then maybe I will imo.

Nah, I just don't respect you. Low IQ, EQ, as well as no worthwhile talent worth mentioning. I never once stated that I wanted to return to Discord either, but more or less state some reforms that I would feel make it less corrupting for tohers imo."

You know, it's very hard to take you seriously here. You are grasping for straws trying to get out of trouble, and it is just sad.

And it seems you don't understand the saying I gave you. See, the other person is the person you are making the joke about. In this case, that person is me. I have every right to ask you to stop. Beyond that point, it stops becoming a joke and become harassment. You knew the history behind it, and you should have heeded my request for you to stop. Main reason my name/avi is Mr. Potato Head is to make the joke so common that people get bored of it. At this point, it is working.

Oh, you best leave out the petty insults the next time you make an argument. It makes you look childish. Granted, you are akready looking childish with the borderline bullying you have pulled.

LOL. Okay, continue to disregard the two main points that I have copy and pasted numerous times. 

Well, I thought being honest was a good thing, since they weren't really insults but just me stating facts. Oh well Lol. Besides, I obviously don't like you, so I thought I might as well as tell you why.

History behind it? Not so much actually, but I just thought it was funny because you overreact to every single mention of starch. I didn't give a crap about the reasons in the past tbh. Remember "The Wind is howling" incident? Same sheet.

Getting out of trouble? Mate, I said like a billion times that I have no wish to return to Discord. I'm fine with that. Please learn to read for christ's sake.

Welp, if the joke is being so common now, why the hell was I the only one getting continuously hammered by the moderators, Lol. Moving on...

Nah, it just shows that I can take jokes as an adult. Besides, all my reasons seems pretty logical to me, and I'm pretty sure that the minimum age was 12 to join YCM, wasn't it? =3

Don't worry, next time someone makes a reference to a toast or a toaster, I'll be sure to call it borderline bullying too. Or harrassment. Whatever floats your boat so I can have a mod continuously punish them without giving any chance for a rebuttal.

just a question yuuji, but first, some context.

i have a similar nature offline to yours online, i can't help but be a little malicious towards people, and while it's all in good fun, i occasionally take things too far. i was only on for the earliest moments of this event (when the wind was howling and laz hadn't left us forever,) but from what i saw, you had taken your jokes incredibly far. you refused to stop making them, even when it was requested that you stop. this much is fact. there are logs to back it. now, under that context, you deserved some form of punishment, be it temp ban, or some form of discord warning points.

that leads to the next potion of the issue, your current complaints about your treatment on the discord. now, if i am wrong, anybody here who knows otherwise can correct me, but i would assume your actions in the most recent event mirror closely, the actions you took during the whole (wind is howling) event. now, no matter who started it, the person said jokes were directed towards, asked you to stop according to what we have here. did you stop? if the answer is yes, then your punishment was unjust, if the answer was no, then your punishment is perfectly just, on account of your prior actions, and your current actions.

which leads to my next point, i agree that the mods should explain their actions before, or shortly after taking them. but in this case, from the sound of it, gadjiltron DID explain his actions, and it likely mirrored my above attempt at a breakdown, you merely disliked said explanation, and didn't accept it.

i am not a mod, and i hold no judgement over you nor anybody else, but your conduct here, and your implied conduct in the discord chat, leads me to believe that your punishment was more just than you'd like to admit. under the context, it was indeed fair, and if your actions are what somehow lead to thar being banned,then i cannot in good conscience vouch for you. fair, would be to hit everybody who took the actions past the point of mildly funny into the harassment realm, not to remove your own punishment. you wan fair? then your request shouldn't be to remove your punishment, your request should be to provide adequate punishment across the board to all involved in taking the joke past it's limits.

but, would you be willing to at least apologize? really, if you can at least attempt to apologize, instead of continuing to hurl insults, as you are doing now, i would be willing to bet that your case would be taken more seriously.

but that's just my wandering opinion. i could be 100% mistaken, but if i am not, then i see no notable reason for you to be upset.

just a question yuuji, but first, some context.

i have a similar nature offline to yours online, i can't help but be a little malicious towards people, and while it's all in good fun, i occasionally take things too far. i was only on for the earliest moments of this event (when the wind was howling and laz hadn't left us forever,) but from what i saw, you had taken your jokes incredibly far. you refused to stop making them, even when it was requested that you stop. this much is fact. there are logs to back it. now, under that context, you deserved some form of punishment, be it temp ban, or some form of discord warning points.

that leads to the next potion of the issue, your current complaints about your treatment on the discord. now, if i am wrong, anybody here who knows otherwise can correct me, but i would assume your actions in the most recent event mirror closely, the actions you took during the whole (wind is howling) event. now, no matter who started it, the person said jokes were directed towards, asked you to stop according to what we have here. did you stop? if the answer is yes, then your punishment was unjust, if the answer was no, then your punishment is perfectly just, on account of your prior actions, and your current actions.

which leads to my next point, i agree that the mods should explain their actions before, or shortly after taking them. but in this case, from the sound of it, gadjiltron DID explain his actions, and it likely mirrored my above attempt at a breakdown, you merely disliked said explanation, and didn't accept it.

i am not a mod, and i hold no judgement over you nor anybody else, but your conduct here, and your implied conduct in the discord chat, leads me to believe that your punishment was more just than you'd like to admit. under the context, it was indeed fair, and if your actions are what somehow lead to thar being banned,then i cannot in good conscience vouch for you. fair, would be to hit everybody who took the actions past the point of mildly funny into the harassment realm, not to remove your own punishment. you wan fair? then your request shouldn't be to remove your punishment, your request should be to provide adequate punishment across the board to all involved in taking the joke past it's limits.

but, would you be willing to at least apologize? really, if you can at least attempt to apologize, instead of continuing to hurl insults, as you are doing now, i would be willing to bet that your case would be taken more seriously.

but that's just my wandering opinion. i could be 100% mistaken, but if i am not, then i see no notable reason for you to be upset.

Mate, I always liked you. You were one of the people that I wanted to vouch for Moderator along with Hina-sama and Raeg, but judging from what I've been seeing on YCM, I decided against it due to the cirumstances surrounding you and your life. Also, I heard that you solved our Shiba Mod's puzzle after I got bored and forgotten about it, so you have my respect for that as well.

Even if you didn't solve the puzzle, I've seen enough of your posts to understand that you have a keen mind to respect too. Now, enough of me starting to sound creepy and whatnot, and onto the points:

Discord warning points do not exist. Also, if I kept saying "The wind is howling" each time Stroker spoke, there was the thing called MUTING on Discord if he didn't like it. Not only that, he can simply go on YCM since I never made that joke on here. I don't make the same jokes 24/7, because I have a life too, so he could've returned to Discord at a different time. This is disregarding the fact that rarely anyone wished to talk to him back when that joke was still active, with Thar and I enjoying it quite a lot too imo. =3

RIP Thar. If one of my jokes pushed you to actually post porn for a permaban, then I really don't know what to say if he took me seriously at that time. I'm literally almost never serious on Discord in the chatroom.

The only thing I've received was continuous Time-outs given by unnamed mods. That ticked me off. Again, the only reason that I was kicked from the server with the invites locked was due to me continuously hopping those Time-outs, as I've said before.

I'd like to point out your next point of asking people to stop. Am I the only one who finds it absurd that someone cannot take it whenever starch is mentioned? Like should I stop using the vowels whenever I type because someone doesn't like it and takes offense to it, and continuously asks for me to stop? Literally, whenever starch is mentioned, he blows up at me.

I already made the comparision of going ballistic whenever a reference to toast is mentioned, so I don't want to repeat that again.

With Gadjiltron, note that it was I who PMed him directly, not he to me. He ignored me after I made the point about Stroker overreacting to the simple mention of starch, and if he asks everyone else, they would agree with the same thing. There is no rule on here or Discord suggesting that starch cannot be mentioned, nor does it violate a basic human right or is it derogatory. 

I disliked the fact that he didn't bother to reply after I put up the above reasoning. Moving on.

Lol, you could've been a Mod, but that's irrelevant at the moment... Yet again, there is literally nothing in any of my posts that suggests that I would like to return to Discord. What would be fair is to implement reforms to the 2 issues I've brought up, and not to distribute punishment.

Besides, I've been talking mainly about my punishments before the kick and lock. There's also nothing to suggest that I'd like to see others punished too, but it just baffled me on why I was the only one continuously targeted back then for the Time-outs.

For Thar, I really don't know what I did to contribute to him getting himself permabanned. Like I said, if I really did post something like "post porn plox", it would obviously be a joke, and not for him to actually do it so that he'd be punished. For God's sake, I never hated Thar or any of that, so why would I want our YCM's ginger ale gone?

For the point about giving him an apology... That's debatable. For one, it would completely undermine my case because I thought that the Mods taking Stroker seriously to continuously Time-out me out of nowhere was 100% retarded. However, I'll take some time to re-think everything, and I will definitely consider everything that you've said.

If I actually feel that I did something wrong, I would apologize for it immediately and sincerely. 

come to think of it, how many people have actually solves rai's riddle? that classified section's been up for how long now? but i digress.

as a foremention, a lot of things in your post are connected in odd ways to other points, so i can't respond paragraph by paragraph as i usually do, but i'll try to be as coherent as possible.

ok, there are no warning points, so would i be correct to assume the time-out's are of equivalent calibur? in which case, you would be admitting here to directly flaunting said time outs? now, i agree that the mod who delivered the punishment had best have the balls to step forth. i have a thing against unnamed punishers myself, so i can understand your frustration, but you have to realize that if you don't wait out the initial punishment, the ones following will simply grow in number.

as for muting, sure, he can, but i assume his first reaction was to reason with you, and ask you to stop. it's a reasonable request is it not? which i assume is why he was annoyed that you didn't comply to any extent. it's not a matter of starch, it's not the vowel, it's more a matter of somebody bringing up an issue that was thought to be long buried. is it fine to use a potato? yes, but is it fine to throw a potato at somebody? no. it's not the word, it's the context. i had a chat with halu about it during the (wind is howling) event because it caught my interest, and from what i gather, striker had to deal with a ton of that same type of harassment a couple years back, which would understandably make it a somewhat sore spot for him. a spot which i assume you began, and continued prodding, even though he asked you to stop. 

now, back to the muting, the mute button shouldn't be needed in such a case, you are essentially stating that your actions were something that would force another person to mute you, because you held no intention to stop for whatever reason, that is not fine. please understand that the context surrounding the word is what was important, not the word itself. same would go for toast, if i say i want toast for breakfast, that is not in and of itself a bad thing. if you choke on toast, and i continue saying i want to eat toast for breakfast, clearly pointing said comment towards you, then would you not agree the context is what makes the word a problem? it's not banning vowels, it's addressing the context and intent of said comment. you might not be serious, but the internet does not display sarcasm. on the internet, tone and context  often have to be explained before they can be accepted as joke.

i'm sure we all want thar back. but as per rules, it will be at least a year before he can appeal to any degree, and by then, he may have moved past the site. his ban was justified, the rules against porn are clear cut, but he has a clean history as far as i know, so him being allowed back (so long as there's not a repeat) shouldn't be too much of an issue. i know you don't hate thar, but for now, he's gone. no matter the reason. and that's just how it'll be for now.

as for the gadjiltron point, are you not continuing to insult striker? even though the matter is being addressed at this exact moment? you are only harming your case when you do this. for at least this thread, please lay aside the insults, because they are indeed weakening your point, and i find it hard to sympathize with you when you continue to call the person in question stroker. (i know, winter does it too, but he's not here, and he's not making a thread atm) and as i've said before, the context of the word is what makes it worthy of consequence. a bag of rocks, and dumb as a bag of rocks are completely different. as for punishment, your described actions are indeed worthy of some form of punishment. and the ban was likely the result of you losing your head, instead of taking the logical route of waiting it out, and then making your case.

i neither know nor care if you wish to return to discord. you claim you do not, so i have no reason to not accept that. that's rather simple.

as for the apology. it is indeed owed to him. you are letting your pride get in the way of your logic here. yes, he could mute you, but your antics likely annoyed multiple other members as well, and in a room where all you can do is chat, the words you say hold a bit more weight. i agree, the mod who did that should step out and just admit it, because not giving you a proper explanation in the first place helped lead to this, but at the same time, your actions did warrant the given response. so it's a two way thing. you yourself need to apologize to striker, because your actions were in the wrong, and the person responsible for the consecutive time outs needs to step forth and apologize for not being mature enough to explain the cause ahead of, or at least at the time of, taking said action.

come to think of it, how many people have actually solves rai's riddle? that classified section's been up for how long now? but i digress.

as a foremention, a lot of things in your post are connected in odd ways to other points, so i can't respond paragraph by paragraph as i usually do, but i'll try to be as coherent as possible.

ok, there are no warning points, so would i be correct to assume the time-out's are of equivalent calibur? in which case, you would be admitting here to directly flaunting said time outs? now, i agree that the mod who delivered the punishment had best have the balls to step forth. i have a thing against unnamed punishers myself, so i can understand your frustration, but you have to realize that if you don't wait out the initial punishment, the ones following will simply grow in number.

as for muting, sure, he can, but i assume his first reaction was to reason with you, and ask you to stop. it's a reasonable request is it not? which i assume is why he was annoyed that you didn't comply to any extent. it's not a matter of starch, it's not the vowel, it's more a matter of somebody bringing up an issue that was thought to be long buried. is it fine to use a potato? yes, but is it fine to throw a potato at somebody? no. it's not the word, it's the context. i had a chat with halu about it during the (wind is howling) event because it caught my interest, and from what i gather, striker had to deal with a ton of that same type of harassment a couple years back, which would understandably make it a somewhat sore spot for him. a spot which i assume you began, and continued prodding, even though he asked you to stop. 

now, back to the muting, the mute button shouldn't be needed in such a case, you are essentially stating that your actions were something that would force another person to mute you, because you held no intention to stop for whatever reason, that is not fine. please understand that the context surrounding the word is what was important, not the word itself. same would go for toast, if i say i want toast for breakfast, that is not in and of itself a bad thing. if you choke on toast, and i continue saying i want to eat toast for breakfast, clearly pointing said comment towards you, then would you not agree the context is what makes the word a problem? it's not banning vowels, it's addressing the context and intent of said comment. you might not be serious, but the internet does not display sarcasm. on the internet, tone and context  often have to be explained before they can be accepted as joke.

i'm sure we all want thar back. but as per rules, it will be at least a year before he can appeal to any degree, and by then, he may have moved past the site. his ban was justified, the rules against porn are clear cut, but he has a clean history as far as i know, so him being allowed back (so long as there's not a repeat) shouldn't be too much of an issue. i know you don't hate thar, but for now, he's gone. no matter the reason. and that's just how it'll be for now.

as for the gadjiltron point, are you not continuing to insult striker? even though the matter is being addressed at this exact moment? you are only harming your case when you do this. for at least this thread, please lay aside the insults, because they are indeed weakening your point, and i find it hard to sympathize with you when you continue to call the person in question stroker. (i know, winter does it too, but he's not here, and he's not making a thread atm) and as i've said before, the context of the word is what makes it worthy of consequence. a bag of rocks, and dumb as a bag of rocks are completely different. as for punishment, your described actions are indeed worthy of some form of punishment. and the ban was likely the result of you losing your head, instead of taking the logical route of waiting it out, and then making your case.

i neither know nor care if you wish to return to discord. you claim you do not, so i have no reason to not accept that. that's rather simple.

as for the apology. it is indeed owed to him. you are letting your pride get in the way of your logic here. yes, he could mute you, but your antics likely annoyed multiple other members as well, and in a room where all you can do is chat, the words you say hold a bit more weight. i agree, the mod who did that should step out and just admit it, because not giving you a proper explanation in the first place helped lead to this, but at the same time, your actions did warrant the given response. so it's a two way thing. you yourself need to apologize to striker, because your actions were in the wrong, and the person responsible for the consecutive time outs needs to step forth and apologize for not being mature enough to explain the cause ahead of, or at least at the time of, taking said action.

I don't know about how many people solving Rai's puzzle, but I just haven't been thinking of it after I got bored of trying to find the right password from the evidence I've compiled. It was all numbers, so all that was left is trying to find the outlier numbers in the password. 

Mmhmm...

So again, I'll also do my best in trying to answer your point with my own. I'll start with the Time-outs.

Firstly, it was only Smear that had mentioned that the Time-outs served as warnings after I was kicked and locked. No other mention of this happened beforehand, in case you didn't know. Obviously, I didn't view them as warnings before, but as outright punishment since they restricted you from posting in any channel within the server. So yes, I hopped them, and the hopping of the continuous punishments is what led to the inevitable kick and lock.

Next, I admit that Striker attempted to tell me to stop. However, I neither liked his tone nor of his way of expressing it. After all, his overreactions is what causes the jokes to continue, not that the joke itself is funny. The reference of anything potato would set him off, even if it wasn't referring to him. Like I said, anything starch-related and he takes it as a personal attack. Finally, I just gave up and went with it since context no longer matters for him. The word potato is not banned from the English language, the last time I checked.

Going back to your example, if I said that "I had potatoes for breakfast", he would've blown up right there had he seen it. Of course, there are the factor of others also capitalizing on my joke by saying something like "You ate Striker" that would redirect it towards him, but he still would've blown up either way. As I've said before, I've already given up at a point in time. He was beyond saving. By that time, "Potato" and "You funking potato" literally meant the same thing to him.

Undertale reference had the same thing occur. Regardless of context, the slightest mention of wind would set him off, or anything relevant to wind.

If someone is discussing something you're not comfortable with, then should you take it upon yourself to go to a moderator and issue punishments without direct reason? Literally, this is the same as having a debate. If you don't like the points that someone else is making and you find them offensive, then should you automatically go to a moderator so that you can punish the other person? Like okay, let's say that you're traumatized because of a gun incident in the past, and then some guy who makes a point in favour of firearms triggers you emotionally, and then you call a moderator because you view their point as harassment because of your past. 

Literally, this is moving to the point of can the adults handle borderline name calling on a online chatroom. If all the other children don't want to talk to you or speak to you, do you automatically go to a teacher so that they can be punished for ignoring you? It's the same aspect. The context makes the word a problem, yes, but in Striker's case, the context is meaningless to him.

Moving to your point of tone and sarcasm, shouldn't the case be different for every individual? I have no problems in determining someone's mood when I see what they type to me usually, or if they're being sarcastic. Again, if I somehow contributed to Thar's permaban by typing something like "Please post porn plox and get banned imo Lol.", it would obviously be an outright joke from me. This is going back to the overused example of if someone told you to jump off a bridge because everyone else is doing it, would you do it? 

Yes, I continue insult Striker now. But out of respect for you, I changed the o's back to i's in this post. =3 

However, I can't agree with your point of sympathy. When you choose a winning side in a debate or courtroom on an issue, the choice should be based only on hard facts and the evidence compiled, and not determined by one's personal emotions. Even if I continue to insult Striker, you should only be looking at all the information gathered here to make a decision of supporting my reasons or not, regardless of me continuing to prod the joke or not. 

Again, if the moderators are being swayed by their personal emotions over the facts when they act, then they are being unfit to hold their power.

When I said that I had no wish to return to Discord, it was referring to the people who keeps thinking that I can't take my punishment, and believes that I'm trying to appeal so I can return to the server. I'm merely trying to state reforms that I think is more beneficial for others in the server due to my own experiences, as well as force the mods to be more accountable for their actions on there. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm only trying to state issues that I feel are being ignored. Going back to the apology, I told you that I will give everything some more thought, but it has little relevancy and importance with what I'm trying to do here. Introduce reforms and make mods more accountable for their actions on Discord.

alright. so long as you're thinking it over, i only have a few things to say, look at the post above, a rational, thought out argument. now, others may disagree with your argument, but you have made your case clearly and established all needed points. you may be right or wrong in your actions, but you've made a more logical case, with fewer insults. which is worthy of some respect from all sides.

just because you didn't like his tone, would not excuse your continuing. sure, make a final joke or two to end upon if it bugs you, but continuing past that wouldn't be in your best interests in any case.

as for tone, if you're relatively close to somebody, or at least know them well enough, tone and sarcasm would be easy to figure out. but that's not the case here. i doubt striker knows you well enough for such a thing.

as for striker going off at anything, i need to hear from striker in that case, what he did and didn't go off on. i would assume the mods who read the backlog of the chat would have taken that into account though, 

if what you're asking for is reforms, then that is something you have to stress more than the issue of your punishment, you indeed stress it, but the tone of your original article comes of as more resentful of your punishment than you actually wanting reform. you never directly ask for a lifting of your punishment, but under the situation, it wouldn't be unreasonable to have seen it as such.

as for discord reform. i'm never there. so i have no input.

As much as I don't want to post here, Yuuji there is one crucial thing you are misunderstanding:

Discord is NOT YCM.

Discord chat is structured like Twitch.

And twitch has literally the same system. Why? Because yes, mods can abuse they're powers, but at that point they shouldn't be mods. They don't need reasoning. If they feel for any single instance you are being toxic to the chat, they have every right to time you out for a period of time based on what they feel is appropriate. It doesn't stop you from watching the twitch. It doesn't stop you from messaging people. All it does is stop you from chatting.

And I know, because I'm a mod on twitch for one of my friends, and he's at least popular enough to be partnered, so it's not some who cares thing. There's some responsibility that comes with it. Hell I took the time out of MY life to help fix a stupid API for his nightbot, cuz only 2 mods in his stream knew how to code.

I digress, but just not me that I know from personal experience that, in a structure like this, the procedure is ALWAYS:

1) Verbal Warning. You are told to stop, either by message or in chat. This can be subtle, or can be direct. If you ignore this, we move to:

2) Timeout. This step CAN skip step 1 if the offense requires immediate action. Repeat this step in varying timeout lengths, and if they still refuse to comply:

3) Ban. They cannot chat. The only way to lift the ban is for a Mod or higher status to lift the ban, so you must contact them directly and discuss terms of lifting it.

That's it. So stop trying to turn this into a personal vendetta. Discord is not YCM. It has its own system. Therefore, you cannot use YCM logic to discuss why a completely separate system is unfair. If you believe it to be so, then take it up with Discord on Their forums. Salvage some form of dignity and stay reasonable. Because in all honesty I read through every single post of this whole thread, and if this were twitch I would with out a doubt time you out for how toxic your arguments are. Once you had a chance to cool off, you come back and move on. It's simple.

Archived