(Written) Unskilled Opportunist

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Unskilled Opportunist

[Quick-Play Spell]

Target 1 Effect Monster that you control; negate its effects, then draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Unskilled Opportunist" per turn.

Unskilled Opportunist

[Quick-Play Spell]

Target 1 Effect Monster that you control; negate its effects, then draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Unskilled Opportunist" per turn.

Wouldn't this be a free +1 for BA, PK, and the likes? Granted, it also gives Qlis a push as well for acting as a mini self Skill Drain, but it just seems to help some Decks more than others. Hard OPT looks good, but maybe keep the effect negation last until the End Phase so that other Decks might be able to make it more viable? I'm only saying this because you can literally activate the effect, and then activate this card on the same monster, so keeping the effect negated may seem a little redundant and benefit the meta Decks more than the others.

Other than that, this feels like a really solid draw card, so I like it. Making it a Quickplay feels a little awkward to me though, so was there any other thought behind it for making it Spell Speed 2?

Guest BGMCANN0N

Other than that, this feels like a really solid draw card, so I like it. Making it a Quickplay feels a little awkward to me though, so was there any other thought behind it for making it Spell Speed 2?

I made it a Spell Speed 2 solely for plays for Skill Drain beaters to throw opponent off guard and potentially minus them. For instance, Beast_King_Barbaros if you Normal Summon this guy his attack becomes 1900, but if your opponent attacks it you can chain this and his attack would beef back up to 3000.

As for everything else in mind, it is more like a semi-delayed Upstart Goblin that doesn't exactly net a +1 off the bat. Sure people could use it in any deck for Deck-thinning purposes, but it helps stuff that actually benefit from having their effects negated more.

The first thing I thought of was The Last Warrior from Another Planet. It would allow you to set up a board to keep your opponent locked out. But sadly it's effects would remain negated. But I suppose you could turn it's effects off to make a game push. Beyond that there a few cards that could benefit from this especially ones with negative effects that leave you in less than optimal positions. Maybe even negating a Kaiju effect to be able to more than one on the field, idk I don't think that works but whatever it would be a kewl interaction.

I know it's been 4 days but I have to

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

This card is essentially a reason in itself to play Qliphort. Opening a big ship and using this as a battle trap with a draw on top is crazy good. Also, since it's a quick-play, you could use it after a monster has activated its effects to just draw a free card, making it essentially a better Upstart Goblin. On the other hand, though, you have to be able to negate the monster's effects to draw the card, so I suppose your opponent could always bait it, but usually it's situational to do that just to stop a draw.

This would be even more interesting if you could make it for either player at the cost of granting your opponent a draw, similar to Dark Bribe. That may be overpowered, but it's an option.

Archived