Yu-Gi-Oh! MMODA [IC/PG-16/Always Accepting!]

Durandamon

Yu-Gi-Oh! Massive Multiplayer Online Dueling Adventure!

I don't like logos

OOC

[spoiler=Triple Q] “J-Johnny...” A man in his late twenties panted, barely being able to keep up with the teenager that briskly ran in front of him, “What's...the damn hurry?! We already passed the Catapult Zone...We can catch...a break...right?”

“As if! We're almost at Hero City!” The man smiled, sprinting through the Wastelands at top speed, “We can rest there, okay Bryc-”

“ATTENTION!” The display on Johnny's Duel Disk read as it beeped, “YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETED BY THE HOSTILE CARD EFFECT OF 'A MAN WITH WDJAT'. BATTLE COMMENCING.” Interrupted, the man turns around and sees the perpetrator; a masked man that walked at a slow pace behind them. Somehow, they hadn't noticed him, but that wasn't the most unnerving aspect of his character: the symbols on top of him, where his name should be, read '???' instead. Which meant...

“The player killer...Triple Q!” The older man froze up, unsure of how to act. The younger one, however, knew exactly what to do. Or so he thought...

“It's kill or be killed, ain't it? I activate Sword of Dragon's Soul!” Johnny exclaimed, a spiked sword appearing on his right hand as he placed the card on his Duel Disk. He charged the stranger, who stood still. This stillness was upsetting, he wasn't bracing himself for an attack; he just...waited. “Take t-”

“Different Dimension Capsule!” The mysterious man exclaimed, interrupting the man; a portal appeared in between Johnny and him, who were already really close due to the brash teenager's attack, and sucked both in.

To the naked eye, both players appeared to have vanished in thin air. In reality, they had been transported to a Different Dimension; a dark outer-space-like world with floating platforms and debris all around. Triple Q grinned under his Mask of Brutality, “We're in a world where time flows slowly...An hour here is a second outside this place...” He spoke with a throaty voice, taking deep breaths in between words, “And there's no escape, unless...” The man held up a Trap Card that read 'Return from the Different Dimension', “You pry this card...from my dead hands...still, you'll find that to be...rather difficult.”

“You piece of-” Johnny started, charging Triple Q again. This time, however, his charge was interrupted by himself as he noticed something; a faint greenish smoke seeping in through the cracks in the floor. Immediately, the young boy covered his face.

“Oh...you noticed already?...Poisonous Winds...” Triple Q cackled, the poisonous gas seemingly not affecting him, “This...is a time trial, young man...kill me before the wind kills you...” He slowly searched his pocket for a pair of cards, placing both in his Duel Disk, “Just to...make it more interesting...”

Three seconds after the portal closed, it opened again in the same spot, with Triple Q emerging from it. Alone. Bryce, Johnny's companion, stared in terror as the killer smiled, “Boy, if you ever get some rare cards like your friend over here,” he started, “...I might pay you a visit too.”

ATTENTION,appeared in blue letters on the display of your Duel Disk, along with the message:

Johnny Money status update: DECEASED.

DISPLAY_ERROR_231: Compatible Field Area not found.

Killer: ???

Most players that got the message ignored it, everybody knowing about the Rare Hunter Triple Q already. At least, anybody who's been around for more than a day. Which wasn't the case for police officer Thomas Je...paladin Arthur Justicar. He stood up dramatically, pulling the attention of nearby players in the Starter Town Square, “What is this? Did somebody just get killed?! I demand to know the identity of the killer!”

“Yo, old man...” A girl in sailor uniform started, sitting on the bench next to him, “That's Triple Q for ya. At least, that's what most people call him. Her. Them. That person's name is blurred out, for some reason. He targets players with rare cards, somehow. He's like, undefeated, ya know? I wouldn't get in his way if I were you...” She shrugged, getting up slowly and offering her hand to Arthur, “Tiffany, by the way.”

“Arthur. A pleasure. Now-” The man was interrupted as Tiffany walked away in the middle of the conversation, “Where do you think you're going?! I'm not done!”

“Look, man...” Tiffany turned around, but kept walking backwards away from Arthur, “I'm late for the Arena matches, 'kay? You should go there too, in fact. You might find somebody who knows more than I do.”

20 minutes later...

“Ladies and gentlemen, the match is over!” In the middle of the plaza a crowd had gathered around a giant cage, while a man on top of it served as an announcer, “They managed to get rid of D-Hero Malicious, but it seems as if Golem Dragon was too much for them!” Inside the cage in question, the corpses of two young men laid under a creature made completely of rocks that ate away at them.

“Everybody remembers the rules, right? Two players enter, two monsters are summoned. The players don't know each other, and the monsters are completely random, so you're relying on pure instinct and good decision making! If you win...” The announcer NPC explained the rules of the match as the Golem Dragon disintegrated, “...you'll get both monster cards as a prize! Now, do we have any volunteers for next round?”

The sound of players whispering filled the air, most newcomers scared of being turned into chowder so soon. A hand was raised in the back, which caused everyone to turn around, “I volunteer!” exclaimed nervously Arthur Justicar, figuring he could earn some respect for himself easily in this world. Now, a new question arose among the onlookers as Arthur entered the cage...

Who's going to be player two?

[spoiler=OOC]

I'm not gonna force you guys to be in the plaza, but since it's an important event, it'd be logical for your characters to be around.

5GNlN5K.png

ATTENTION

Triple-Q. A killer that was hot stuff, at least enough for everyone in town to know who they were. Naturally, Sett loathed him. The kinds of people who chose to end the lives of others just over some rare cards angered her to no end. Killing for survival or being forced to kill were almost excusable. Killing for vengeance? Going as far as ending a life just because you're mad was a sign of immaturity and stupidity. What Triple-Q was doing, on the other hand, was killing simply for greed. He was the kind of scum that would only change his ways by dying himself.

Speaking of killing, killing for sport wasn't the best choice to make either. Or at least, killing players wasn't. Killing monsters, on the other hand, was totally acceptable. Sett enjoyed a good hunt every now and then, in fact. Which was what had brought her here, to the local arena. It was a good way to toughen oneself up for defending themselves against attackers, be they players or otherwise, another reason Sett had come here. She was here to kill monsters and get strong. Her end goal was to take down Triple-Q. For now, however, arena monsters would have to suffice.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the match is over! They managed to get rid of D-Hero Malicious, but it seems as if Golem Dragon was too much for them! Everybody remembers the rules, right? Two players enter, two monsters are summoned. The players don't know each other, and the monsters are completely random, so you're relying on pure instinct and good decision making! If you win...you'll get both monster cards as a prize! Now, do we have any volunteers for next round?”

Sett had been trying to get in for a while, but kept missing her chance. She could do with a monster that wasn't Guardian Dreadscythe. However, every time somebody volunteered, a second person joined them just before Sett got her chance. That was about to change.

“I volunteer!” Exclaimed a big guy with a beared. He looked tough, but his voice said otherwise. He'd have to cut it; Sett was getting impatient.

"I volunteer!" Sett echoed, flooring it in her beeline for the cage's entrance, shoving away any who tried to stop her in her path. Once she was in the cage and confirmed she'd made it as the big guy's partner, Sett gave the guy a thumbs-up before asking "You don't mind some friendly fire, right?"

f9tc2xa.png

The arena. A cruel, barbaric place where people volunteered to fight monsters, were beaten senselessly, and often died. It was by far Laughing Skull's favorite thing about this place. Watching them fight, watching them suffer, watching them die...it was exhilirating. She had no intention of joining the chaos herself, of course. What good would it be if she were to die? Who would be everyone's helping hand if that happened? For now, she was quite happy with simply watching from a spot near the arena, a big smile plastered on her face and eyes alight in fascination.

Two more people entered the death cage. A man and a small girl. This would be a good fight. She could feel it in her bones, as she kept a close eye on the new combatants.

ATTENTION

The humanoid lizard was fast on the draw upon seeing this message, duel disk immediately in front of hir before tapping a specific combination of zones. Soon a form of touchscreen appeared in front of hir, but before shi could get any more information about the new loss, the reptile already lost trace of any form of possible additional information.

"Gods-dammit," shi snarled before lowering the duel disk back to hir side. "Either it's wiped as soon as it shows up or this bastard makes sure it doesn't enter the system." Twitching the tip of hir tail a little to hir left, the tall lizard looked up towards the arena, seeing a pair of duelists enter. Bringing back up the unusual touchscreen again, shi took a moment to look up the info on the two players.

In regards to Sett, there was nothing in what all shi could pull up that would warrant hir attention so far. In regards to the other, however...

Lider couldn't help but lower hir shoulders. A wheelchair-bound officer? Here? Shi looked up towards the pair, shaking hir head at the likelihood of them killing each other off right here and there. Clicking hir tongue, shi stood up and hopped down from the seat shi had near the front to walk towards the center.

"Both of you, stand down. I will take this on alone," Lider projected as shi spoke with a voice of authority. Turning towards Arthur, shi leaned forward close to one of his ears before whispering into it, "you especially shouldn't be endangering yourself pointlessly, officer."

• 2 weeks later...

It was a testament to human cruelty when so many people gathered to watch others die. Noah, or Old One-Eye as people have begun calling him, stared down at the arena disdainfully, anger burning in his lungs, and muttered to himself in Latin.

"Illegitemus non carborundum." He whispered, as much a reminder to himself as a prayer for the fools that bickered over who would throw themselves to the dogs. With a last scoff, he pulled a red scarf, the ends tattered, and made to leave.

There were more important things to do.

"You don't mind some friendly fire, right?"

“The only fire that's friendly to me's a BBQ, and I don't think it's time for that, now is it?” Arthur heartily laughed, revealing his more carefree side for a second there, as well as the fact that he hadn't played a videogame before in his life as he wasn't familiar with the term 'friendly fire'. Straightening himself up a bit, he offered his hand to the young woman, “I'm Arthur.”

Whispers and murmurs in the crowd started growing as a reptilian creature walked right through them and towards the cage. "Both of you, stand down. I will take this on alone. You especially shouldn't be endangering yourself pointlessly, officer."

Its words made Arthur's heart shiver. Had somebody discovered his identity already? Was that person related to the game's creator?, “Just who the f-” Suddenly, both Sett and Arthur found themselves pulled towards the center of the cage, as if hurled against a giant magnet. Afterwards, the cage locked automatically.

“The players have been decided! You'll have your chance next round!” The announcer stated, pointing at Lider, “Now, let's see who you guys are facing!” Raising his extended hand, the NPC revealed two copies of the 'Monster Gate' card. They started shining bright, two spheres of white light emerging from them and into the Nightmare Steelcage, across from the players.

The first sphere of light slowly shaped into a bug-like machine with a sonar-panel-like arrangement near the front, “It seems we have a Spell Canceller!” The crowd cheered the appearance of the apparently rare card, as the other took its shape; a black-scaled dragon covered in flames. It looked quite intimidating,Flamvell Guard! The monsters for this round are Spell Canceller and Flamvell Guard! These coupled together make for quite the defensive juggernaut!”

The cheering continued as Arthur pulled out a Spell Card and placed it on his duel disk. With a small flash of light, a black sword appeared in front of him. Grabbing the Sword of the Soul-Eater with both hands, he prepared himself for combat.

“Now, let us begi-” the announcer started, yet was interrupted by a loud sound coming from above him. Specifically, the sound of gunfire, although he didn't realize that until the bullet had already gone through his skull. The confused crowd started roaring, trying to find the shooter from amongst them. In the middle of the turmoil, very few people could notice a blink of light, as if the sun was reflecting on something, at the top of a nearby building. Was that the culprit? There was only one way to find out at this point.

Meanwhile, as Arthur came to realize after slamming into the cage's door, Sett and him were trapped, “I think...we gotta fight to leave. Let's make this quick, I gotta get to the bottom of whatever just happened asap.” With a grunt the warrior jumped forward, sword in hand, charging at the monsters. It was the beginning of many vicious battles to come.

Johnny Money status update: DECEASED.

DISPLAY_ERROR_231: Compatible Field Area not found.

Killer: ???

Nervously closing the message, ReinHardt sighed painfully. Could that be one of his beloved friends?

It had been days since he logged in the game, or at least that what he felt, yet he didn't find a single trace of his pals. Going back to Starter Town Square, he took a sit, trying to rest a little bit and analyze the current situation, when he suddenly heard a noise, “What is this? Did somebody just get killed?! I demand to know the identity of the killer!” It was an old man making a fuss about the message they all just received. A girl in sailor uniform started arguing with that old man, attentively listening to their conversation, Reiner planned his next direction, the Arena.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the match is over!” In the middle of the plaza a crowd had gathered around a giant cage, while a man on top of it served as an announcer, “They managed to get rid of D-Hero Malicious, but it seems as if Golem Dragon was too much for them!” Inside the cage in question, the corpses of two young men laid under a creature made completely of rocks that ate away at them. Now, do we have any volunteers for next round?”

None of the bodies looked like Reiner's targets, he was a relieved, however the Arena was a gigantic place to investigate his friends presence, also hacking through Arena Battle records was not an option.

“I volunteer!” exclaimed the old man from the starter town square. Hesitating, Reiner's mind was debating between participating or leaving that event: In one hand, he needed every rare card he could obtain to secure his journey and find his friends, also that man sounded like a good-hearted guy that can make a great companion. In the other hand, every second is counted, he won't forgive himself if something happened to his friends, but then in all of a sudden, a young girl shouted, "I volunteer!".

Attentively watching both of them entering the cage until it was closed. He firmly grasped his Duel Disk, "Then it's settled". Tapping several buttons on his Duel Disk command panel, he made a command, "Silent boots ACTIVATE!". Equipped with a pair of shabby shoes that was used to increase his speed, he started swiftly searching in the Arena for any traces of his friends.

Suddenly, he heard a gunfire shot. The announcer was dead and the crowd, including Reiner was shocked. "Plan change", Reiner made another command on his Duel Disk, "Phantom Wings ACTIVATE!", equipped with a pair of shadow wings, he made his way in the middle of the Arena and started looking for the person responsible of this chaos. "Whoever did this, he must know something about this hell we are stuck in".

5GNlN5K.png

“The only fire that's friendly to me's a BBQ, and I don't think it's time for that, now is it?”

...what? That doesn't help at all. After the big guy's confusing answer, however, he extended a hand toward Sett.

“I'm Arthur.”

"The name's Sett," she answered with, taking Arthur's hand and shaking it. And then, the two were pulled to the cage's center as if by a giant magnet. The announcer confirmed that it would be Sett and Arthur partaking in this round of the arena. Two monster gates appeared before the two, before being shaped into Spell Canceller and Flamvell Guard. Flamvell Guard on its own would have been easy to deal with, even in conjunction with most monsters. The Spell Canceller, however, was a problem for Sett. Her deck relied mostly on high-octane desctruction and damage dished out by spells. With only two traps and her equip cards to her name, Sett was hard-pressed to deal with the Spell Canceller first. Before anything else however...

“Now, let us begi-”

The announcer was cut off by a loud sound from above him. A bullet. He was dead. Sett caught a glance of something atop one of the buildings, but wasn't able to get a good look at what from here. She wanted to get out of here and chase it down - it was fair to assume that was the killer - but they were trapped in this cage until the monsters were dealt with.

“I think...we gotta fight to leave. Let's make this quick, I gotta get to the bottom of whatever just happened asap.”

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Sett replied, pulling out three cards from her small deck before laying the first one down. "I pay 200 mana and discard Tremendous Fire to activate the Trap Card: Ring of Destruction! I target Spell Canceller!" As she put the two mentioned cards into her Graveyard while a ring of explosives formed around her targeted monster, Sett laid the third one down. As she did, a massive cannon assembled at her side, complete with a power source. "Keep that Spell Canceller busy while I charge this sucker up! Or even better, kill it before I get the chance!"

BUSTER RANCHER COUNTDOWN: 3

MANA: 3800

f9tc2xa.png

“Now, let us begi-”

The announcer was cut short by a bullet through his head. What a barbaric way to kill somebody. Whoever was behind it needed to learn a thing or two about fun, and Laughing Skull was far too eager a teacher. Out the corner of her eye, she caught sight of something. Whatever it was, it was probably responsible for the shooting. Boring and terrible at sneaking around? Fascinating. Laughing Skull got up from her seat, and ran off in the direction of whatever she'd seen. As she did, she reached for one card from her deck and laid it down before her.

"Activate Equip Spell: Hydro Pressure Cannon!" A shoulder-mounted gun, roughly the size of a rocket launcher, formed over Laughing Skull's right shoulder, as she wrapped her arm around it to keep it balanced. The chase was on for her figure. She took aim toward where she figured the mystery figure would be, then fired her weapon in the appropriate direction, nearly knocking herself over with the weapon's kick as she did so. Once she'd regained her footing, it was back to running after the target.

Lider growled as shi was forced to hop back away the cage that suddenly formed, ignoring the fact that shi would 'get hir turn next time'. Shi wasn't even concerned about that for the moment. Watching as both the Spell Canceller and Flamevell Guard manifested within the same bars that the officer and his impromptu partner were in, Lider suddenly found hirself thankful that shi wasn't in there after all.

After all, shi couldn't bring forth the Toon Kingdom while it was present.

“Now, let us begi-”

Hm?

Looking up as soon as shi noticed the hiccup in speech, she caught sight of the announcer falling in one particular direction with part of the skull blown out. To hir, it looked like it was happening in slow motion, but shi knew less than a second was passing before the madness began around hir. "Find me when you manage to get out, I'll get a head start on this and keep the foe here."

At this point, two cards manifested with one in each claw. Raising them in front of hir, both cards were held so that the two in the case could see what they were, since shi didn't need to see them to know.

Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon and Toon Dark Magician.

"Old friends, I need to power your collective power."

The Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon appeared to disappear in a flame of blue-tinted white as the Toon Dark Magician disappeared in a flame of darkened indigo. The darker flame stayed in hir right claw as shi adjusted how shi held it, the flame reforming into a much-longer staff that almost threatened to match hir in height. The lighter flame, however, split in two before flying behind hir and attached themselves to just under hir shoulder-blades before stretching up and out, beginning to form the shape of wings.

By the time the collective light faded, Lider was holding in hir claw a cartoonish version of the Dark Magician's staff scaled up to hir size and emerging from hir back was the chibi-tized version of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon's wings, also scaled up to support hir weight in flight. And this all took no longer than two seconds and that's being generous.

Stretching out hir borrowed wings, Lider jumped up into the air and swooped towards the flicker of light shi had spotted at the same time shi saw the announcer go flying, staff aimed in that general direction in case something was attempted. Shi saw others joining into to jump the bastard as well, which was fine by hir.

Whomever did that sudden cheap-shot didn't exactly earn the right to a fair fight with that stunt, after all. Once shi was close enough, Lider planned on clothes-lining this bastard with the staff...

Current Mana: 2700/4000

(A friendly reminder for those whom look at the cards for my character's monsters. The Pendulum format is used to represent the difference between when they are and are not acting as monsters. They are not Pendulum monsters. The spell effect is their Borrowed Power effect and the monster effect is when the monster itself is summoned to the field.)

Archived