Sword of Solemn Dreams

Atypical-Abbie

An idea from a similar anime card, but in equip form.

95j6s2j.png

Equip only to a monster you control. Halve the equipped monster's ATK. While your opponent controls a monster whose ATK is higher than the equipped monster's ATK, the equipped monster can attack your opponent directly. While you control a monster with higher ATK than the equipped monster, your opponent cannot target it for an attack. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect, destroy this card instead.

This card is actually very interesting. The allowance of direct attacks is a great way to go for game when it's late in. The need for it to have monster on your opponent's side of the field with more attack seems a bit unneccessary, as Shooting Star Bow - Ceal allows you to attack directly without that restriction, and it only makes the equipped monster lose 1000 ATK. It's nice that you make it so that it can't be attacked if you have a stronger monster on the field, this could potentially be used on weaker monsters you want to protect to also allow them to do chip damage on your opponent. The last effect is pretty standard nowadays for equip cards, but it's still appreciated, as destruction effects would be the easiest way to deal with the monster. In my mind this card would actually be really useful for this dumb Berserker Soul/Exodius OTK I thought up, as I need to have a direct attack on my opponent to activate the Berserker Soul.

Oh, also, this card'd be really useful for Destiny Hero - Dystopiaguy. Much more than Ceal or Tryce imho which are the current cards used for it.

Archived