[Leaderboard] - Abdelrahman vs Dova (Closed)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply

-First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.

-All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.

-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

-In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

-The deadline for entries is July 26, 12:00 AM, GMT+2

-The contest ends on July 30, 12:00 AM, GMT+2

-In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirement:

Challenger's choice (Generic Synchro Monster with reversed requirements)

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]High Priest with Eyes of Blue

LIGHT / Level 9

Spellcaster / Synchro / Effect

1 or more non-Tuner monsters + 1 Tuner

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Level 8 or lower monster in your hand; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. You can only activate this effect of "High Priest with Eyes of Blue" once per turn. Face-up Normal Monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects.

3000/2500

[spoiler=Card B]Skulking Raptor

EARTH / Level 6

Reptile / Synchro / Effect

1 non-Tuner + 1 or more Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; this card gains ATK equal to half of that target's ATK. Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster you control that has a Level; increase or decrease that monster's Level by 1.

1800/1300

Just so other members understand if the theme isn't entirely clear, the idea Dova had was to make a Synchro Monster that uses only 1 non-Tuner but any amount of Tuners (i.e. "1 or more Tuners + 1 non-Tuner monster")

----

Card A is basically another Synchro for Blue-Eyes, which already has it competing with Spirit Dragon and Azure-Eyes for a 9 slot. Basically, it lets you spam OG Blue-Eyes from the hand and then benefit off its protection, or Spirit Dragon of White for whatever that's worth; sure, it won't let you banish something but it's still a free 2500 from the hand upon summoning that can fuel Rank 8 plays, considering how often they can/will get their Main Deck out. I mean, it technically does grant Spirit Dragon and OG Blue-Eyes some protection from common targeting effects, but I'm just not fond of them getting even more support when Blue-Eyes as a Deck can already do enough on their own. For what it's worth though, still a 3K beater that can summon more out. Generically, it can summon anything out, but outside BEs, I don't think they'll be as dangerous, but still, the fact this still summons any Level 8 or lower doesn't sit well.

(And yeah, you did misread the requirements; if it's easier, read it as the bolded)

Card B is basically a power booster upon its initial Synchro, then lets you banish a monster in Graveyard to take out the opponent's grave, which is nice. Last effect is kinda iffy to be honest; suppose it's useful for certain Synchro/Xyz plays, but that's about it. Deck-wise, I suppose Resonators or some other Synchro deck might be able to put this card's strange requirements to good use, although I'm uncertain about if they can feasibly make 6s with Double Tuning. That, and card doesn't really reward you for using more than 1 Tuners aside from Graveyard fodder. At the very least, you can still go into this as a regular 2-mat, which makes this easier to use; if anything, banishing the opponent's Graveyard and setting up for further ED plays, however even those are limited.

-----------

Voting B in this case.

While I'm not going to hold A's regular material requirement against it, feels too generic for my tastes, especially factoring in Blue-Eyes as they are now, and their capacity to summon Level 8s quickly; not to mention other Decks.

Wait wait...How does Card A grant Spirit Dragon protection? It only protects face-up Normal Monsters from targeting effects and Spirit Dragon is an effect monster. If you meant Dragon Spirit of White, then that monster isn't treated as a Normal Monster on the field.

Archived